You Said I Should Kill Him

By inlovewiththelight

I don't know if I can think of anything worse after a night of drinking than waking up next to someone and no... More

You Said I Should Kill Him

13 0 0
By inlovewiththelight

I don't know if I can think of anything worse after a night of drinking than waking up next to someone and not being able to remember their name,

or how you met

or why they're dead.

I wake up to birdsong, early morning sunlight peeks through the curtains. My head is pounding. My mouth feels like sandpaper. I roll over groggily to my side.

I freeze in terror.

A man is lying next to me, his bulging grey eyes are wide open. There's a dead man lying next to me.

I want to scream but I can't. The sheets are drenched in blood, along with my night gown. Blood drips from the bed on to the wooden floor. There's a trail of blood coming from beneath the kitchen door. I wince at the unbearable stench.

I have never seen this man before in my life; his ash blonde hair is limp and scraggly making for an unkempt appearance. I don't seem to have the vaguest recollection of the night before. Who did this? And why am I here?

I notice that he is holding a camera. I gently remove it from his clench, I shiver as his stone cold finger tips brush against mine.

I frantically skim through the photos trying to find any indication of who he is. They are mostly headshots of different people; I'm presuming he is – was- a paid photographer. Suddenly, I reach the end. The last thing ever taken on the camera was a video. A video of me.

My fingers quiver as I fumble to press the play button.

We're in his kitchen and the radio is playing. I'm dancing to the music, having a good time. My high pitched laughter pierces my ears. He puts the camera down and joins me. He brings me closer to him, I don't like where this is going. Something falls over in front of the camera, distorting the video. I hear myself shriek. Suddenly, the camera clears- I have my back towards the camera, his hands are grasped around my throat, I'm gagging and spluttering for air. There's a knife on the kitchen table. I struggle to reach it. I succeed and I thrust it into him. The man groans and stumbles to the floor.

I let go of the camera. It smashes into a cascade of shards of glass.

It was me.

I did this.

"Mr Remoray?" A woman is knocking at the door. "It's me."

My heart plunges. I don't think I've ever felt more nauseous. I need to get out of here. No one can find out about this.

"Mr Remoray, are you in there?" The knocking becomes louder.

I sprint to the window, I break through the glass. Thank god his appartment was only first floor I think as I collide into the pavement. The gashes and the pieces of glass etched into my skin are excruciating but there's no time to think about that now.

I hear thuds as the woman tries to force open the door behind me.

I run.

The woman screams.

And I run.

Police sirens wailing in the distance.

I don't stop running.

But I just wasn't fast enough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 910 16
waking up to find yourself in a strange room, in a different time, with a different life, different friends, being chased by different slashers...
11K 308 26
A collection of my original platonic yandere one shots and short stories. This book will not be related to any sort of challenge and will be updated...
5.8K 1.5K 61
Author(s) Mo Chen Huan 莫晨欢 Artist(s) N/A Year 2020 Status in COO 110 Chapters (Complete)
10.2M 354K 35
How does your night go from a game of Hide and Seek with your best friend, to your parents being murdered the same night? On top of that, you're sent...