Temptation

By Mysterious-x-Girl

Lacey is in love with Luke and always has been since the day she knew him. The problem is he doesn't seem to... More

Temptation Chapter 2
Temptation Chapter 3
Temptation Chapter 4
Temptation Chapter 5
Temptation - Chapter 6
Temptation - Chapter 7

Temptation

24.7K 179 14
By Mysterious-x-Girl

Temptation

Chapter 1

I was half running around my room as I tried to find some homework that needed to be in today. Hunter, my Doberman lay outstretched on my bed, chewing his squeaky toy I bought him for Christmas. I watched as he gave my favourite teddy, sitting at the bottom of my bed, a sly nip.

"Hunter." I warned. He answered me by wagging his tail and sticking out his pink tongue, panting, and then he went back to chewing his toy. He was such a sweetie, and had a three link chain around his neck. I'd had him for just over ten months now and couldn't imagine life without him.

We'd just had our Christmas break and had been back to school for a week. Today was Friday and I couldn't wait to start the weekend. I planned to take Hunter to the beach and then we were all going on a family walk with the dogs.

My room was a typical teenagers bedroom; Light blue walls that were covered in posters of topless men and puppies; A double bed that had black covers with blue sequins on, and matching curtains; A plush black carpet; A computer in the corner and a black wardrobe.

"Lacey, Luke's here." My dad called as I rushed to get my things together.

"Hi, Luke, come on up." I shouted back, opening the door.

"No you don't, buddy." My older brother Max warned. "No boy's allowed in my baby sister's room."

"Couldn't agree more, Bro," My other brother Alex agreed.

"Oh, get life losers." I retorted.

Maxwell and Alexander were my idiotic twin brothers. They adored making my life a living hell and were always caught in the middle of a prank. I always said that either they find trouble or trouble finds them. They just can't help themselves. Max and Alex both shared a massive Doberman Pincer named Demon that suited his name because he looked deadly; he had pointed ears, cut tail, and a black leather collar that was at least three inches thick with his name studded into it, fastening with a buckle, he was also very strong because he snapped three of his leaders, pulled like hell at his leader and it took Max and Alex to walk him and they were also very strong boys!

My bedroom door opened and Luke Wolf came in. He was very good-looking and all of the girls in school swooned at the sight of him. He had light blonde hair that was always styled and beautiful emerald green eyes that disarmed you by just one look. He had an intelligent face that was classically beautiful with a square jaw and high cheekbones that emphasized his good looks. My favourite part of him was his athletic body because he reminded me of a gladiator, making it hard for me not to fantasize about his muscular arms around me, protecting me...

Luke was one of those guys that made you look twice or even a third time, just to make sure you weren't seeing things. He was also the captain of Lake View High's football team - not to mention a straight A student. But most of all Luke had a heart of gold. He was perfect. He was everything I ever looked for in a boy. Funny, cute, strong, caring, and always made me feel special.

Oh, stop it Lacey! You shouldn't have these kind of feelings! I scolded myself as I once again fantasized about him walking over to me with a determined look in his eyes, and then pulling me into his arms, and his beautiful mouth moulding to mine.

Luke was seventeen and one of the oldest in our year. His birthday was on the eighth of September whereas mine was on the fourteenth of February (My dad said I was his valentines gift from my mum because I was born three days early).

"Hey, kitten." He smiled, lighting up the room. His voice was so soft it felt as though he was caressing your skin.

"Heya." I smiled back. "I can't find my homework. Can you see it anywhere?"

"Lace, you don't look very far." he rolled his eyes and went over to my printer. Sure enough my homework was there. I printed it out last night and forgot I left it there.

"I've been looking for ten minutes and you walk in and find it in less than ten seconds." I protested as he laughed at me.

"Lace, honey, You may have dyed your hair brown but you're still blonde."

"Shut it, you. I'm a brunette, now. I'm smart." I scolded, pulling my bag over my head.

"Yeah, yeah, Are you ready?" he asked me, rolling his eyes and stroking Hunter as he came over to greet Luke with his squeaky toy. "Hey, boy,"

"Sure," I grumbled. I grabbed my jacket from my computer chair, kissed Hunter's snout, and followed Luke out of the door. I caught a quick glance of Hunter jumping back on my bed to go to sleep. I couldn't blame him. It was the only place in the house that was peaceful. My eyes also caught a picture of Luke and me at Winter's party. He had one of his arms around my shoulder, pulling me into his chest, showing of my shoulder as we both smiled at the camera. It was my favourite picture ever.

I lived in a beautiful estate house on the edge of Lake View and I had a clear view of the legendary lake from my bedroom window. I lived here with my two twin brothers, my dad, my evil step mum and her stuck-up daughter who I hated. She was always acting like my dads little girl - and yes, I was jealous. I only knew my dad because my mum died when I was one. I had no memory of her. Just photos.

My dad owned an airline company named Black Jets and was always in business meetings or at charity events. I'd be dragged to them, making small talk with stuck up multibillionaires sons who thought it was okay to try and squeeze my butt because they could get anyone they wanted.

Cameron (Cruella Deville) and Zoe (Stuck-up with a snooty accent that grinds on even the most nicest girls) made themselves at home when I was five so I'd been stuck with the gold diggers for eleven years. Eleven years! Eleven years of seeing Cameron's fake nails, fake extensions, fake tan and designer clothes, prance around the house like lady of the manor, spending my dad's money. Zoehad her dark hair pulled back into a bun so tight Luke and I thought her skin would droop forward if she let it down and her nose was firmly in the air. I was surprised she could walk straight. She always wore the upper class kind of clothes; pleated skirts and jumpers. And, I felt sorry for her Chihuahua, Princess, because Zoe dressed her up in clothes and carried her around in her bag like an accessory. Alex always teased Zoe saying he was going to feed Princess to his pet snake and Max's pet tarantula. I didn't dare step foot in their bedroom.

"Demon," I heard my dad shouting, and then the evil thing itself came bounding out of the sitting room, chasing a little rat in a pink tutu and a pink jumper. I barely had time to move as Princess raced up the stairs and Demon chased, barking wildly. I didn't bother to try and stop him.

"Bye dad." I called as my dad ran past me with an angry look. I could hear Zoe having a strop over something so I hurried Luke out of the door. Our house was usually a mad house. Why wouldn't' it be with three dogs (not including Cameron and Zoë), two brothers that caused havoc, and a whiney step mum and step sister. The only reason we had three dogs was that Max and Alex got Demon as a puppy from a friend, Zoe demanded for a Chihuahua because all of the celebrities had them, and my dad bought Hunter for me because he thought it was only fair that I had a dog of my own too.

"Bye, Hon." I heard him shout as I shut the door.

I saw Max and Alex's Ferrari as we walked down the two steps of the front porch that was in the shape of a semi-circle with two columns coming up that supported the balcony above me. There was a circular pond that we could sit down on. Inside had fish swimming around and a small fountain in the middle of it. I loved to come out on a summer's night to sit down and stare at the stars, listening to the water shimmering down; we also had to put a fence around it because Demon kept trying to jump in the pond and eat the fish. The pond was also used so that cars could drive around it and the paths lead off into two so that my dad's and the twin's car could go into the garage.

Luke's black Lamborghini Viper was parked up right next to the step so I didn't have to walk around the pond. He was used to the mad rush at our house, and even found it amusing.

Luke, being a gentleman, pulled the door open for me.

"Why, thank you, kind Sir," I grinned in a posh tone as he gestured for me to get in.

"Always a pleasure, Miss Black," He said in a posh voice.

"You idiot," I laughed as he shut the door.

Luke came from a rich family who had connections with the royal family and he was an only child so his parents spoiled him. He wasn't one of those guys who flashed his cash, but his Lamborghini was a Christmas present and his pride and joy. His dad taught him to drive years ago but his mum and dad wanted him to get a few lessons, just in case. And then to show just how intelligent he was, he aced his driving test on the first try. I didn't know nothing about cars. I didn't even know when you needed to change gears and it always bothered me. I usually watched in wonder as Luke shifted gears and often tried to guess when he needed to. I, like Luke, was an A grade student, but with driving, there wasn't even a grade for me.

I jumped as he opened his door. He was so fast. Then again, he was a footballer.

"Ugh, this week has dragged. I can't believe it's actually Friday." I titled my head back on the headrest as he pulled out of the driveway and through the gates. I fiddled with the CD player till I found a song I liked.

"Although, it's better than sitting at home, bored,"

"Although, New Year's eve was a top night! I still can't believe we got into that nightclub." I grinned at the memory.

"Now that was fun." he laughed.

"I've got flashbacks of me singing rather loudly in the streets and getting shouted at from a neighbour."

"I can't remember most of it." he laughed, too. "Just that you were falling over a lot."

"Hey, the wall walked into me." I muttered.

"Sure it did."

"I got killed off my dad when I woke up with a raging hangover."

"Did Max and Alex tell him?"

"Yup. Little miss goody-two-shoes was lapping it up." I growled.

"Be nice, kitten."

"I'm always nice - and I'd say I'm more of a tiger than a kitten." I retorted.

"Yeah, a tiger that's too tame." he looked at me.

"Don't start, you!"

Luke was grinning as I pulled a face at him, "Ooh,"

"Don't make me bite you." I warned as he laughed again but tried to disguise it as a cough.

"I'll bite you back." he challenged me.

"Oh, no you didn't." I emphasized each word and pulled a face.

"Oh, yes I did."

"You and I are going to fall out, Wolf!" I warned him.

He grinned.

"Keep your eyes on the road." I sat back and pouted in my chair, making him laugh.

"Hey, I'm the driver here, not you." He always knew I hated it when he teased me about my driving.

"So," I shrugged, sniffling.

"Look, if you want me to teach you to drive, I will." he offered.

"I can do it myself."

"Stubborn."

"Moron."

We pulled up outside of school, in our usual parking space. You would think that people would have been gawking at us, but the truth was, there was five Lamborghinis parked in the school parking lot. Lake View high was a school for the kids of the rich and famous. The latest Prada bags were flaunted around school, the corridors of the school was like a runway where everyone showed off what they were wearing. All the boys had cars that belonged in The Fast And The Furious or in a car magazine.

Luke's blackberry beeped and he said, "Do you want to go over to the football field? Everyone is over there."

"Sure." I muttered.

"Aww, are you still mad at me?" He crooned, nudging into me.

"Humph." I looked the other way childishly. That was another thing I noticed; Luke hardly ever touched me. I noticed how boy-girl friends usually would touch each other by a reaction. Luke always kept a safe distance from me.

We bickered on our way up to the football field. I saw that Jason, Taylor and Chardonnay - better known as Char - was already there. There was also some of Luke's other team player who I didn't really know and the cheerleading team who were cheering them on.

"Hey, Luke! Fancy a quick game?" Taylor shouted out who was performing tricks with the football. I had a feeling he was showing off for Char's sake.

"Sure. See you in a bit, kitten." Luke agreed, taking off.

"Hi, babes." Char said as I walked over to her. Char was extremely pretty and most of the girls in school envied her features. She had thick brown hair that fell to her elbows. Her blue eyes were a stunning shade and her nose, lips and jaw could put an angel to shame. She - apart from Luke - and Winter were my best and truest friends. We confided in each other about everything and anything. They always gave me great advice and she knew all about my crush on Luke. She even said that Luke and I would be good together. "There's nobody better suited that you and Luke" she would always say.

"Hey, Hun." I sat down on the grass next to her and gave her a hug.

We spent the next ten minutes catching up on all of the gossip. I noticed that Taylor and Char were exchanging smiles at each other. Taylor was a lanky clean-cut, good-looking lad with light brown eyes, who also had a massive crush on Char. I felt like banging their heads together because it was so obvious. Taylor always found an excuse to touch Char and in some way, I was jealous. Luke never did that. Jason, who had dark hair, chocolate brown eyes and strong muscular features, touched me more times than Luke did - and Luke was my best friend!

"Ah, when did this happen?" I probed, gob smacked as I calculated their stares. Their stares actually had a secret hidden in them.

"Don't tell anyone." she warned me.

"Promise,"

"He kissed me on New Years Eve."

"Wow." I was truly gob smacked. Char had a crush on Taylor since year seven!

"So are you guys dating?" I asked, recovering myself.

"He took me to the cinema."

"Oh. My. God!"

"I know!"

"What happened?" I demanded.

"Lacey, a girl never kisses and then tells!"

I put my hand over my mouth, still gob smacked. "Is he a good kisser"?

"The best."

"I'm so happy for you." I whispered so the boy's couldn't hear.

"So am I, Lace." she pulled a serious face.

I was about to reply but I was silenced by Amber, Luke's girlfriend and head cheerleader, giving Luke a cuddle. I felt a jealous knot turn in my stomach as I watched him kiss her. I quickly looked away because I couldn't bare watching them.

He'd been with Amber for just over six months now. She had elbow length, feathery blonde hair, long envious legs, grey eyes, thin nose, her make-up was perfect, her lips were like celebrities and she always wore her cheerleading outfit or short skirts with tiny tops. I on the other hand had my light blonde hair dyed to a light brown colour that tumbled down to my waist, a cute button nose, ice blue eyes, high cheekbones, my bottom lip was slightly bigger than my top, I was quite tall, I never wore make-up, and I always wore jeans and a t-shirt or a tracksuit; today for instance I was wearing yellow tracksuit bottoms, white trainer shoes, a red vest and a yellow jacket. I'd been on a few dates but I'd never had a proper boyfriend. I sort of hoped that Luke would be my first proper boyfriend. Fat chance!

Yes, Luke was my best boy-friend. But, that was all we ever would be. Friends. Deep down I knew I loved him. He made me feel so special and he was always there for me. Nobody knew him better than I did and nobody knew me better than he did. For some reason he always knew my mood. He called and texted me when I was feeling down and he always knew how to cheer me up. So why didn't he want to go out with me? Surely he must care about me?

I was afraid though. Something held me back from telling him how I felt. If I made my feeling known to him, then it would change our relationship forever and I wasn't about to lose my best friend. I'd rather have him as my friend than lose him. Life without him teasing me and messing around with me would be unendurable. You might as well torture me now, it would be like a feather caressing my skin than me losing Luke.

The football suddenly came shooting at me and I barely managed to duck as it went flying over my head. I looked up to see Luke smiling guiltily at me and Taylor was clutching his sides as he guffawed.

"Hey!" I pretended to be outraged and raced after Jason, who had received the ball and was kicking it back.

"Come on." Jason called teasingly. "Bring it on."

"Hey, you're messing with the wrong footballer!" I laughed, tackling him.

"Come on then, Gerard!" he challenged. "Ooh, got to be faster than that."

"Hey, I'm a Rolando fan. Everyone knows Ronaldo is so sexy!" I got the ball off him and pelted in the middle of the two shirts that were the goal posts. "And she scores!" I cried, exhilarated.

"You sneaky devil!" Jason laughed. "I didn't see that coming."

"I'm full of surprises." I gave him a sweet smile and fluttered my eyelashes.

"You're on my team." Jason said, draping his arm over my shoulder and then pulling me into a cuddle. "Luke and Taylor, against me and you."

"Ahhh!" I screamed as Jason grabbed a hold of my leg and pulled me up into his arms. He threw me up in the air, caught me and started working out. "Do I look like a pair of weights to you?"

"Nah, you're too light." He started spinning me around. He put me down on the floor and I fell into him dizzily. "You look drunk, Lacey."

"That's because I feel like I've been on a rollercoaster." I slurred.

"Come on, let's play." Jason slapped me on the back.

"I'm up for that." I laughed. I sat down next to Char to catch my breath.

"Come on, Lace. Up you get." Jason pulled me up by my arm.

I brushed some of the grass off me and sighed deeply.

"I'm so tired." I complained, linking Jason. "I got woken up from Cruella Deville, having a strop because she couldn't find her hair straighteners."

"Girls always find a way to complain about something." Taylor muttered behind us. The rest of the team was sitting down at the sidelines, waiting for us to play.

"A little sympathy wouldn't go a miss." I retorted. "I've been attacked all day!"

I noticed that Char's face was glowing as Taylor went over to where we were and started fun fighting with Char. I accidentally knocked into Luke as I jumped out of the way before I got hit.

"Sorry. I'm still a little dizzy." I apologised.

"No worries, kitten." he grinned, steadying me.

"Come on, Lace. You're on my team not his."

"No way. She's on my team." Luke protested.

"Too slow, she's mine." Jason pulled me away from Luke.

"Who's going to be the goalie?" I asked, noticing we didn't have enough players.

"Lloyd, Kevin, do you want to be goalies?" Taylor offered.

"Sure." They stood up.

"Kev's ours." Taylor said. Kevin was the school goal keeper already.

"That's fine. Lloyd is better." Jason grinned.

"We'll see." Taylor threatened. He always liked to win. Why were boys so competitive?

"Can we play?" I heard Alex's voice call.

"No you can't. Get lost." I stuck my chin out and smiled smugly.

"Watch it, lil sis." Max said. They came and sat down, grinning. They were up to something, I could tell by the look in their eyes.

"Let's go, Black." Luke smirked.

"You'd better watch it, Wolf." I warned.

Soon, I was tackling Luke. I noticed how he was careful not to touch me. He swiped the ball off me and raced down the field before I even noticed what was happening.

"Oi! Is that even allowed?" I shouted after him. "Cheater!"

He turned his head slightly and chuckled, kicking the ball into the goal.

"Goal!" Taylor called, slapping Luke on the back.

"You still need another one to catch up to us." I smiled smugly.

"Easy." Luke grinned.

"Bring it on."

Lloyd did a flip and threw the ball back out at Jason. Jason passed it to me and I started sprinting to the goal, kicking the ball furiously. I could feel Luke was right behind me so I ran as fast as I could.

I suddenly felt something grab me, pulling me to a stop. I was falling to the ground as something restrained me.

"Get it, Max." Alex's booming voice shouted.

"Ahhh!" I screamed, fighting him.

"Easy kitten!" Luke laughed, clutching his side as Max pelted the ball in the goal.

"Ahhh!" I fought Alex.

"Ow!" he let me go. I was covered in grass as I lunged for Alex.

He bend over and lifted me up over his shoulder.

"Ahhh! Alexander!" I cried.

"Don't call me, Alexander!"

"Put me down and I won't call you it." I growled, punching the bottom of his back.

"The bell will be going soon." Char informed us.

"I think we should tie her up."

"No you don't."

"Nice plan, Max." Alex said. "But what with?"

"I could go rob the school gym?" Jason offered.

"Yeah, we'll wait here." Max said. "Hurry. We don't want to be late for lessons."

"No, please. I'm sorry." I begged, looking at Luke to save me.

"Too late, kitten." Luke laughed.

I purposely made my bottom lip tremble as my eyes locked with Luke's. He grinned and looked away.

The twins had the same facial features; brown hair, thin noses, thin lips, high cheekbones, a square jaw and green eyes. The only difference between them was that Max had a darker shade of brown hair than Alex. They always wore jeans and a top with a slogan on. They had a black top on today with a picture of a bomb that said 'I like making things go bang' written on.

I gave one last try to fight my way out of Alex's grip. I kicked and punched as hard as I could.

"Ow!" Alex cried as I managed to kick his stomach.

"You deserve it!"

Jason came back with two pieces of rope.

"No!" I shouted kicking and screaming as Jason held my legs down while Max tied them up. Then they tied my hands together while Alex held me down.

"Bye." They all chorused, waving at me.

"Hey, come back!" I shouted after them. I watched as they slunk off towards the school parking lot. I looked around to see I was all alone on the football pitch. "Guys? Are you there? Come back. I'll kill you!"

I tried to sand up but I ended up falling flat on my stomach.

"Did you hurt yourself?" I heard Luke's voice.

"I knew you wouldn't leave me." I cried, rolling on my back.

"Come here, you." Luke started untying my hands. I watched as he was careful not to touch me as always.

"Thanks." I said as he finished untying my feet. "I knew you wouldn't leave me."

"Of course, I wouldn't." he snorted.

I picked my bag up and brushed the grass off me. Then Luke and I raced to form. As we passed the parking lot, I noticed a red Ferrari driving through the gate. Luke suddenly stopped and stared at the Ferrari with a hateful glare. I'd never seen his face like that.

"Luke?" I said. He didn't answer. Instead he suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me towards my form room. I was half running to keep up with him. There were still lots of people making their way to form so we got curious glances as we passed - or ran past. Luke's form room was in the opposite direction, but I wasn't complaining. This was the first time I'd ever touched his bare skin. It was so soft and smooth and warm that I held his hand just as tight. "Luke, what's going on? Who was that?"

"Nobody, Lacey." he replied coldly. He'd never spoken to me like that before and it scared me.

"Luke, you're scaring me."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." Luke stopped outside of my form room. He quickly let go of my hand.

"Luke, who was that?" I asked him warily. He seemed agitated.

"Nobody, Lace." he said again, and then sighed and said, "Will you forget about him, please? For me?" So it was a he inside the car.

I looked at Luke as he pulled a pleading face and found myself nodding helplessly.

Luke nodded in agreement, "I'd better get to class. I'll see you later."

"See you later." He waited until I was in the threshold before he turned to go.

I went in and saw Max and Alex filling their friends in on what they did to me. I scowled at them as they came over to me.

"Who let you loose?" Max grinned, draping his arm around me.

"Yeah, do tell." Alex draped his other arm over me.

"I got myself out." I muttered shrugging their arms off me. "And for your information, I'm going to get you back."

"Ohh, I'm shaking." Max high-fived Alex and they left me.

I went to sit next to Char.

"Don't you just hate big brothers?" I turned away from her.

"I'm sorry, Lace. They escorted me to form so I couldn't come and untie you." Char pulled a sorry face.

"It's fine." I sighed and she hugged me.

"Who got you out?"

"Luke." I answered.

"I thought so." Char laughed.

"Where's Winter?" I asked.

"She'll be late as usual." Char pulled her blackberry out and quickly texted her. Winter was my other B.F.F and Char's twin sister.

"Hey, Char. Something really weird happened when we were coming back." I whispered. She duck her head forward so we could whisper.

"Oh. My. God! He kissed you!" She started bouncing up and down on her chair.

"No, no. I wish. It wasn't anything like that." I slapped her arm. "Listen," I filled her in on what happened and she said, "Him?"

"Yeah, I couldn't even see who it was. The windshield was tinted black."

"Maybe he already knew him just by looking at the car?" Char suggested.

"Maybe," I sighed.

"So he held your hand?" Char grinned.

"Yeah, but it was only to get me to walk fast - he half dragged me away,"

"But, he held your hand!" Char emphasized each word.

"It felt amazing. People must have thought we were going out together by the looks we got." I grinned.

We looked at each other and burst out laughing. "We're like two five year olds who have just discovered boys!" Char laughed.

"I know, this is so not like me." I laughed, too.

"Lacey Black?" I heard the teacher call my name.

"Here." I called out.

"Maxwell Black?" The teacher said.

"Gee, Sir. How many times have I told you to call me Max?" Max's voice sounded through the classroom.

"Sorry, Max."

I sighed, and started day dreaming about Luke touching me. I wondered if Luke would pull me away again. I half hoped that I would run into this mystery man, if it meant Luke touching me again.

I turned to see a sexy boy with messy black hair come waltzing through the door. My jaw dropped as did Char's. He looked like one of those bad boys with bad reputations and there was something cocky about him. With his outlaw good looks, I had to admit it; he was stunning. He had wicked blue eyes and a disarming lopsided smile on his tanned face, and he had strong muscular features that made him look like a Greek god.

I watched as he walked to the front of the classroom. I barely managed to clamp my jaw shut as his eyes scanned the classroom and then settled on me. He winked and then handed the teacher a slip of paper. He must have been the one driving the Ferrari.

"Well, well." The teacher said, looking down at the white slip. "Have a seat Mr. Aston."

The good-looking boy deliberately came and sat down in front of Char and I and then turned to face us.

"Hey, beautiful. I'm Karn." The boy said with a cocky grin. "Karn Aston. And your name is?"

"Chardonnay, but you can call me, Char," Char said, blushing scarlet.

"It's nice to meet you, Char." he took her hand and kissed it. "And what's your name, cutie?" he took a hold of my hand but waited for me to answer. I felt his thumb stroking the back of my hand and a delicious tingle shimmered through my veins.

"Lacey." I answered as he bent his head forward. His lips lingered on my hand for a little while and then he suddenly looked up at me, stunning me.

"You both have a very beautiful names." he noted, still holding my hand.

"Thank you." I smiled, not realising I was edging forward, as was Char. I was spellbound by his beauty. And that voice! It had a hint of a Romanian accent but was almost hidden by his English accent.

"Beautiful names for very beautiful girls." he winked at me again. He was definitely a player. I bet he had a reputation of breaking girls hearts. His head dipped down again and I felt his nose skim my wrist. "What a divine perfume you are wearing. What is it?"

"Um," I tried to think which one I put on. "Victoria Beckham Night."

"Stunning," He inhaled again, closing his eyes.

I looked over to see Max and Alex's faces like stone. One thing you should never do if you wanted to live; Never ever flirt or even look twice at Max and Alex's little sister. Ever.

Max and Alex may get on my nerves but they were fiercely protective of me. In primary school they used to beat up anyone who made me cry and my dad said that when I was born, Max and Alex adored me. They were forever kissing and cuddling me. They always wanted to help my mum out or they would fight over who was holding me first. Hard to imagine now, but the protective thing was there, still.

I looked back at Karn to see him staring hungrily at my throat. He looked up and gave me a dazzling smile. I then realised that the bell went for first class and stood up like everyone else.

"I'll see you soon." Karn kissed mine and Char's hand one last time before heading out of the classroom.

"He's so cute." Char sighed as we walked out of the door.

"I know. Did you see how sexy his eyes were?" I swooned with her. I had no idea what came over me. I'd never had a reaction to boys like this. Apart from Luke, there was nobody I ever liked.

"Yeah," Char sighed again. "I love cocky bad boys. Nothing better to get the pulse racing."

"You can say that again." I giggled in agreement.

I suddenly saw Luke waiting outside the door. He heard everything we said so I could feel my face getting hot.

"Hi." I smiled at him.

"I thought I'd walk to class with you." he said, watching me. He seemed even more agitated.

"Who've we got?" I asked him, linking Char.

"History with Mr. Shaw." his voice was blank as he began to walk down the corridor.

Char had English and said her goodbyes.

"We had a new guy in form, today." I said, making conversation. "His name is Karn Aston."

"Hmm," He said absentmindedly.

"I'm guessing he's Mr. Ferrari," It wasn't a question.

"Did you talk to him?" he suddenly asked, opening the door to the History classroom for me.

"Yes." I answered him.

"Did he say anything?"

"Nothing more than the usual."

"What did he say?"

"He just introduced himself and we..." I trailed off. I put my foot in it this time. I walked over to where Jason and Taylor were sitting. We took our usual seats behind them. Luke waited for an answer but I just looked directly ahead, I could feel his gaze on me as I pretended to be interested in a poster on the bleak walls.

"...And you?" he urged when I didn't reply.

"Well we... flirted a little." I made my voice go low. Luke had never acted this way before. Well he'd never really had the chance to because we never really talked about the people we were dating.

"Do you like him?" he asked.

"He's charming." I mused, wondering if Luke was jealous or just looking out for me. Did he think of me like a little sister?

"Lacey, he's bad for you." His jewelled green eyes stared into mine and I found myself getting lost in them again.

"Look, Luke. I know you're looking out for me, but I'm just having a little fun. Nobody gives me the time of day - especially when they see how beautiful Char and Winter are. I doubt he'll even talk to me after he sees all the beautiful girls in school."

Luke was just about to reply when Amber came in the classroom and said, "Luke, baby. Will you sit with me today? Jade's off so I'm all alone." her voice went all sad as she pouted.

Luke turned to me. I could tell that he didn't want to. He wanted to continue with our conversation - or interrogation.

"Sure, do you mind?" he asked me, his voice hoarse.

"Of course not," I answered.

He sighed and moved over next to Amber. I watched as he looked over his shoulder. I started rummaging through my bag for my notebook and pen when someone sat down in the seat next to me. I looked up to see Karn grinning wickedly at me.

"Hey, cutie." he winked at me, "I told you I'd see you soon."

"So you did." I smiled back, falling back into the spell between us.

I listened as the teacher set us our work and then got my text books. We got to work and I was instructed to update Karn on what we've done already.

"So tell me something?" Karn said huskily, edging forward. It was later on in the lesson and Taylor and Jason were ripping pages out of their books and throwing paper balls off a group of girls down the front.

"What do you want to know?" I replied. I couldn't help myself from edging forward again as he did.

"How old are you?"

"Sixteen." I answered. "How old are you?"

"I'm asking the questions." He nudged into me.

"Whoops." I smiled cheekily.

"Is this you're natural hair colour?" he reached up and twisted one of my curls around his fingers, contemplating the texture with a thoughtful expression.

"No," I answered. "It's blonde." My voice turned sour.

"Why did you dye your hair brown, then?"

"Because I wanted a change,"

"I like it brown, but, I'd also think it would be nice blonde too."

"I haven't had it blonde since I was twelve." I murmured. I hated being blonde. All those jokes my brothers made of me and I knew I reminded my dad of my mum because I looked so much like her, it was unreal. "Next question," I looked up at the board, trying to blink the water welling in my eyes.

He hesitated for a second and then said, "What's your favourite colour."

"Yellow." My voice quivered off guard. He was weakening my barriers. I was falling. I was being absorbed. I wanted to reach over and stroke his cheek and kiss those sexy lips.

"Yellow? Most girls I know prefer pink, red or blue or something girlie like that."

"I'm not like most girls." I answered.

"I can see that." He was flirting with me. "But, why yellow?"

"Yellow is a nice, bright colour."

He smiled again. "I like yellow. It suits your skin and hair colour."

"Thank you."

Smile.

"Is it my turn yet?" I wondered why he was sitting next to me. There was plenty of seats available next to pretty girls who were fluttering their eyelashes at him to try grab his attention.

"When's your birthday?" he asked, ignoring me.

"The fourteenth of February."

"Ahh, a valentine's baby." he grinned, stroking my cheek with my hair.

"Don't mock me." I smacked his arm.

"Sorry, kitten." I was suddenly reminded of Luke. Luke only called me kitten. I looked over to see Luke talking to Amber. His eyes turned and met mine so I smiled warmly at him. He smiled at me and looked away. "Is he your boyfriend?"

"What? Oh, no. We're just really close friends." I stuttered. Luke was mad at me. I could tell.

I saw Karn's eyes drop to my neck again.

"You have an exquisite neckline." he reached over and stroked my neck, sending a tingle down my spine.

I didn't answer. My eyes were locked with his beautiful blue eyes. "And the most dazzling ice blue eyes I've ever seen."

"You're a good flirt." I noted as his had brushed my cheek and then cupped my face in his hand.

"You must have a boyfriend." He was so confident.

"I've never had a boyfriend. I've dated but I've never found anyone that interests me." I said truthfully.

"That's a sin." he murmured, his soft fingers stroked along my bottom lip. "Someone so beautiful should have a man on each arm."

I felt like I was glowing with happiness. Nobody had acted this way with me; they never had the nerve to challenge my brothers.

"It's very easy to be ignored when you're with Char."

"I'm not so sure." he drew me closer to him.

My attention was drawn to the door as I saw Winter try to ease herself into the classroom without being recognised. She, too, was simply stunning. She had black elbow length hair, and ice blue eyes like mine but they looked even lighter, almost white. She always had house parties on Saturday nights and always had alcohol at the ready. She was extremely pretty and always became the object of men's desires. She looked at me and then at Luke, confused. Then she saw Mr. Stunning sitting next to me and her jaw dropped. She pointed at me and him with a grin.

"Ah, Miss Class. Nice of you to join us," Mr. Shaw said over his history book.

"Sorry, Sir, I slept in." Winter mumbled, sitting down next to a girl we knew.

Mr. Shaw made a disbelieving noise, "Five minute detention after school."

"But, Sir, that's not fair!" Winter argued.

"No buts."

Winter scowled and stuck her tongue out as Mr. Shaw stuck his nose back in his book.

I started laughing at Winter.

"What are you laughing at?" Karn smiled, his finger stroked my hand.

"Nothing," I smiled at him. He nudged me playfully.

"Do you know her?"

"She's one of my best friends." I answered.

He smiled. "Does she make a habit of being late?"

"Late? This is early for Winter."

He chuckled. It was a sweet sound that had my pulse racing.

"Tell me, what are you doing tonight?"

"Are you asking me out?" I replied.

"If I were, what would you say?" His lips were inches from mine.

"I'd say yes, probably."

"Then, would you like to go on a date with me?" he asked me in a posh tone.

The bell for next class sounded, startling me. His hand left my face as we stood up.

"You didn't answer my question." Karn said, reaching for my hand.

"I'd love to." I said as he kissed my hand.

"Six o'clock?" he offered.

"Sure." I answered.

I scribbled down my address and we swapped numbers.

I had three more lessons that day with Karn. The one lesson I had with Luke, he sat next to Amber. He was quiet with me, cold even. He hardly spoke to me at lunch which was unusual because he'd always tease me. By fourth lesson, I was starting to get pissed. What was his deal? Did he not like the fact that Karn found me attractive? Did he not think anyone would ask me out? He had a girlfriend so he had no right! I could feel his vulture stare on my back as Karn helped me work out a maths equation; I wasn't the greatest at maths. He showed me his timetable and I told him which lessons I had with him. He seemed pleased because he was in almost everything except P.E, and Art. Luke just kept watching Karn and me from across the classroom. Karn, being Karn, flirted and teased his way through all three lessons with me. I tried not to flirt back but it was very hard not to. Karn continued to touch my cheek and he even held my hand as we walked to our next class. Yes, it was a bit too fast, but being in my situation, you just couldn't help yourself.

In P.E last lesson, I got interrogated by a bunch of girls. I filled Char and Winter in on everything that happened and of our date tonight.

"Hey, what's this I hear about you and Luke going out together?" Winter asked as we talked in the girl's bathroom. The bell had just rung so there was a mad rush as students tried to scramble out of school. I made sure nobody was listening.

"What?" I asked incredulous.

"Someone said that they saw you and Luke holding hands this morning."

"No. He was pulling me to my form room." I realised I forgot to tell Winter about this morning's event and filled her in on it.

"Ooh, do you think Luke knows Karn?" Winter asked me.

"I'm not sure, but I do know that Luke is being a complete jerk." Winter also knew about my crush on Luke and her favourite quotes would be things like, "Just go up to him and snog his face off" or, " Date one of his best friends and show him what he's missing out on" or her personal favourite, "Show him some flesh to get him hot under the collar".

"I can just see it now, two sexy boys fighting over your affections."

"Yeah, yeah," I muttered.

"Are you and Luke okay, Lace?" Char asked me.

"I'm not sure. He's being off with me."

Winter cut in. "Or maybe he's finally saw that other boys find you attractive and doesn't like it."

"Or he's jealous." Char grinned.

"What?" I looked at their grins on their faces.

"Lukey boy has finally seen you as a potential girlfriend!" They said together, and then laughed.

"Oh, give it a rest you two!" I growled.

"Sorry,"

"See you later." I gave both of them a hug and turned to go out of the girls bathroom.

"Call us later!" They both shouted.

"Okay." I waved as got lot in the crowd of students.

I had no idea what I was doing. Should I go home or maybe go for a walk. I had around an hour and a half before I had to go and get ready. I was suppose to go to Luke's tonight because he usually drove me to his house for an hour or two; he knew I hated being in the house with Cruella. But, I wasn't sure if I wanted to see him.

I walked over to my locker and pulled out two books I needed and my jacket.

"Don't forget, six o'clock." A cool and husky voice whispered behind me.

I smiled and turned around to see Karn's sexy smile and his eyes that were full of amusement. "What makes me think I'll forget?"

"I haven't seen you for a whole period. I thought I'd make sure you're not bailing on me."

"Why would I do that?" My smile grew.

His answering smile was dazzling.

"What have you got planned?" I asked him.

"I'm thinking the movies, or we could go out for a meal?" He answered, running his fingers through my curls. "Unless you're one of those salad only girls." he corrected himself.

"Give me a greasy burger any day." I smiled.

"I still can't believe you've never had a proper boyfriend before. Not only are you absolutely stunning, you're funny, smart - except in maths, and you eat food with more than a hundred calories in them." He said perplexed. "Boys in this school must be blind."

"No, they usually go for big-boobed, blonde, long legged, stupid cheerleaders who'd do anything." I wasn't mentioning any names.

"Well, I think your assets are mighty fine," His eyes took in every inch of my body, lingering on my throat, breasts and legs. Just that one stare had my legs like jelly and my throat dry with desire. "Simply magnificent,"

He leaned into me. I fell back against my locker wall as his hands trapped me. I stared into his ocean deep blue eyes filled with hunger and desire as warm breath washed over me. His face tilted forward and his lips were an inch from locking with mine. He moved forward just as I put my index finger against his lips.

"If you want me, you'll have to earn me." I smiled as he looked at me confused. There was nothing wrong with making sure a man didn't get what he wanted.

He kissed my finger, making my hormones jingle wildly, and caught my hand in his. "I guess I'll just have to wait until tonight to kiss you, then." He kissed each of my fingers before giving me a dazzling smile, again.

"Oh really?" I saw people gawking at us as they passed my locker.

"Oh, I intend to kiss you, Lacey. I don't think I can help myself."

I smiled.

"Do you need a ride home?" He offered.

"I'll be fine."

"I'll see you at six, then." He leaned back, freeing me. He twirled his car keys around his index finger and then gave me another heart melting crooked smile as he put a pair of dark sunglasses on. God, he is so sexy! He leant forward again, kissed my cheek and turned to leave before I could say anything.

His lips felt like they left a print against my cheek as I locked my locker and turned to walk home. There was no way I'd be driving home with Luke after the way he's been treating me, and there was no way I was getting a lift off the Turbo Twins. I valued my life too much.

I dropped my books into my bag and pulled out my iPod touch. I stuck my earphones in and flicked through the songs as I walked out of the school grounds. Luke's car was still there but I deliberately ignored it. Char's metallic pink Lamborghini Reventon was nowhere in sight and Winter's ice blue Viper was gone too. Yes, they could drive too! And I had no idea why they didn't just go to school together because it would save petrol.

Char and Winter's birthday's were in September so they ended up acing their test in December and got two extremely beautiful and powerful cars. Unlike me, who couldn't learn to drive for another month, never mind drive myself to and from school. Even Miss nose-up-her-arse Zoe had a flashy bright pink Porsche that looked like a Barbie's dream car! Of course, my dad paid for it. Not Cruella. Life sucked!

I blew out a silent breath and continued on walking. It was sunny but the air was a little chilly. Outside of school was full of parents - or chauffeur drivers - waiting. My house was a good half hour walk away so I had lots of time to think.

I was singling along to Akon's song 'Silver and Gold' when my blackberry beeped. I rummaged through my bag until I found the blackberry. It was from Luke. Where are you? x

So he was waiting for me. My heart always fluttered when he put a kiss on the end of his texts, but not this time.

Walking home x

Why? x

Because you've been nasty to me all day. What's wrong with me going out with Karn tonight? You're not my older brother so stop acting like it! x

I've never acted like it. You're my best friend. I was looking out for you. Like I said this morning, Karn is not good for you x

I'll make that decision for myself x

Where are you so I can come pick you up? x

It's fine x

I thought you were coming back to mine x

No. Not anymore x

Please? For me. I want to hang out with my best friend x

I took a deep breath, and then texted him where I was.

His car pulled up two minutes later behind me.

"Hey," Luke greeted me, rolling down the blacked-out window.

I didn't answer him when I got in. Luke obviously knew he overstepped the mark and fell silent.

"I'm sorry." He said after a few more minutes of silence. "I was out of order."

"Damn right you were." I growled, looking out of the window.

He began to say something but I cut him off. "What? Is it okay for you to go out on dates, but not me?"

"Karn's different."

"How do you know that?"

"I know him."

"How do you know him?" I retorted.

"Years ago," He answered crisp.

"How many years ago was that? Don't you think he's changed then? Grown up maybe?"

"He'll never change." His tone went fierce. "He hurts people, Lace, and there's no way I'll let him hurt you."

I didn't answer. I just slumped back in my chair and stared sulkily out of the car window.

We had a quiet journey to his house. He lived in a massive five story mansion in Lake View estate; Better known as the Billionaires Block. There were a total of six massive mansions. Luke's house had a beautiful view of the beach.

The electric gates opened and he pulled up the drive. The lawns were freshly cut and the flowers bloomed. I absolutely adored this place. It looked more like a mini palace than a mansion. It was nice and quiet and peaceful.

Luke pulled into the garage. I followed him out of the garage and into the house. The top halves of the entrance walls were cream and the bottom half of the walls were chocolate. There was an arch that showed the sitting room so the chocolate and cream ran through there too. In the middle of the entrance was a brown circular table with a beautiful flower arraignment on. Behind that was a lift.

I followed Luke around the flower arraignment and saw his mum as he pressed the button.

"Hello, darling," Cassandra said better known as Cassy. "Ah, Lacey, what a lovely surprise,"

Cassy came over and hugged me.

"Hello, Cassy." I said politely. I loved his mum too. Cassy was the kindest woman I'd ever met in my life. She always put her family before herself and treats me like one of her own. "Where's Devon?"

"He's in a meeting today so I've been left on my own all day." She replied, looking at her son's tense body language. "Is everything alright son?"

"Everything's fine, mum." He said through clenched teeth. Cassy gave me a concerned look, kissed my forehead, touched Luke's arm and went off outside.

Luke pulled out his wallet as the lift doors opened up. All of the lift was a mirror and the floor of it was a plush blue colour. There was a seat facing us and one of the back walls had a tank of exotic fish as a wall, giving a beautiful effect to the mirrors. Luke pulled out a small card that will take us straight to his private bedroom and fed it into the button control that had other buttons to take you to various places. It meant that nobody could go snooping into his room without his permission - everyone except me because I also had a card. God, I wish we had a lift like this! Privacy! It never existed in the Black household.

Again he was silent as the lift climbed steadily. I sat down and waited as Luke watched the light climbing up each floor. I could feel the tension in the air between us and partly wished I went straight home. Luke's eyes locked with mine through the mirror, just as the doors opened.

Luke's room was like a penthouse. His walls were painted a soft blue with a white carpet that complimented the colours. The wall facing me was all windows with two patio doors that lead off to the balcony, making the room feel very inviting. He had his own bathroom, own small kitchen for snacks. (It never had an oven or anything like that. It was mainly used to make smoothies for me), a walk-in wardrobe, a white leather sofa with blue and silver cushions, his own plasma TV, a clear table with four chairs that we used for studying on, a marble mantel place with a logged fire underneath it, and his bed had black and silver covers on. He put his mark on it by adding pictures on the wall; some were posters of his favourite football team (Manchester United, like me.) and some were of racing cars, and there was the picture of him and me at Winter's party hanging up in a silver frame.

Luke stepped down the two small steps and walked over to the kitchen. I dropped my bag on the leather sofa and pulled my jacket off. I could feel Luke's eyes on me and half wished he'd just get whatever he had to say off his chest.

"Strawberry or banana?" Luke said, lifting up a tub of strawberries and a bunch of bananas in the other.

"Strawberry." I replied, walking over to where he was. I climbed up on the counter and watched as he dropped strawberries into the blender.

I crossed my left leg over my thigh and saw Luke sneak a glance at the movement. My pulse started racing as I saw the desire in his eyes as his eyes rolled up my body. Was Winter and Char right? Did Luke finally see me as a potential girlfriend now that he realized boys actually liked me? Boy's like Karn?

Luke gulped and looked away from me, pouring the smoothies into glasses. He silently handed me mine and leaned against the counter next to mine.

"So what time's your date with Karn?" He almost spat the words out as he raised his glass to his luscious lips.

"He's picking me up at six." I mumbled, taking a sip of my own.

"Where's he taking you?"

"I'm not sure yet,"

He glared and looked away.

"Why are you being horrible to me?" I glared at him until he looked at me with an equal glare of his own.

"I'm not being horrible to you." He answered.

"Yes, you are." I felt the rage bubbling to the surface of my skin. "You hardly talked to me at dinner today and you've been in a mood with me since you found out that I talked to Karn!

"Lace-"

I cut him off, "What? Do you not like the fact that Karn see's me as something more than a little sister?"

"I've never thought of you as a sister, believe me." He looked at me with incredulous eyes.

"Then what Luke? Because I really don't know what's got into you. You didn't seem to care about the boys I dated to before. Or, have you just realized that boys like Karn like me?"

Luke started laughing. A beautiful sound that made my heart lurch and make me want to sing and dance and want to be in on the secret, too.

"What?" I blew out a deep breath. Was he laughing at me?

"You've got a smoothie moustache." he chuckled. I reached up and wiped it away.

Maybe he'd finally got over his mood.

I looked down into my smoothie and felt the atmosphere get tenser. He was avoiding the question.

"Look, why don't you just say what you want to say because I have to go in an hour or so," I finally told him as the heavy atmosphere between us became unbearable.

"I won't stand by and let Karn hurt you. I care too much about you to see him hurt you, Lacey." He looked me dead in the eye.

"Why don't you just butt out of my love life? I've never once said anything about your relationship with Amber. I've always bit my tongue because I knew it would upset you to see your best friend and your girlfriend not getting along. I've put up with her nagging about what designer handbag she wants or how much weight she wants to lose - even though she looks like a garden rake! But the fact is I hate her. And, I have no idea why you'd want to go out with her. She hates football. She doesn't't eat anything. All she cares about is getting her nails and hair done. She is one of the snobbiest bitches I've ever met in my life. She's almost like Cruella and Zoë! Well I'm sick of it, Luke." I sucked in the air as I continued my rant. "Surely, you most know how much I liked you. How much I hoped I'd be your girlfriend. Someone who actually cared about things other than herself,"

He looked at me perplexed.

"But, you didn't see me, did you." I felt the tears well up. "All you saw was the twelve year old girl who used to play football and get in trouble with you. I know now that boys like you only go with girls like Amber. I don't want to lose you, Luke. You're my best friend. And, now I realize that we'll only ever be friends. I guess I'm just disappointed that you turned out like every other footballer."

I finished and suddenly realized what I said. I just told Luke how I felt about him! Shit! I felt my cheeks burn and hurried over to pick up my jacket and bag before I said anything else. I then walked over to the lift and pressed the button.

"Lacey, don't go." Luke came over as I waited for the stupid life to hurry up.

"I can't, Luke. I'm sorry. Just forget everything I said. I shouldn't have said it." The lift finally came. I hopped in and pressed ground floor as fast as I could.

"Lacey, wait, I-" He hurried to step in but the lift door shut, cutting off what he was going to say. I slumped down on the chair, allowing a tear to trickle down my cheek. When the doors opened I walked swiftly around the flower arraignment and headed to the door.

"Lacey?" Cassy's startled voice came as I ran out the door. I muttered something about having to go and started running down the driveway, my bag bouncing on my shoulder.

When I got home I ran straight for the stairs, Hunter at my heels, happily for my return home, and locked my bedroom door behind me. I sat down on my bed, going over my conversation with Luke in my head as Hunter brought me his squeaky toy. I felt so stupid. I realized my phone had been beeping and pulled it out to see I had several texts and eleven missed calls from Luke. How could I face him after what I told him?

With anger surging over my body like a bush fire, I had to take it out on something. I blew out a breath, tied my hair up and went for a walk with Hunter. No way was I taking Demon.

After my walk, I felt better. I'd just tell Luke that it was all in the heat of the moment. And that will be that. We'll forget I ever made my mouth go and carry on as normal. I raced home to an empty house. Cameron was out spending my dad's money; Zoe was out, dad was at work, and the twins were out causing havoc. I had a nice long bubble bath, had something to eat, and began getting ready for tonight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 6.8K 33
Annabelle Stevens, a normal eighteen year old girl... well that's what she thought. What happens when the schools most popular guy, Daniel, starts ta...
38.9K 1.2K 27
Xander is a tough beta. He only has one friend and that's the Alpha. Girls fall to his feet, but he doesn't one any of them except his mate. Lacey i...
1.2K 12 24
Seven years ago, Devyn Fredericks mother went missing, her older brother ran away, her dad stopped talking, and her uncle became a big part of her li...
8.4K 396 61
Meet Chanel - She Has Had A Hard Life, But Despite That She Is Determined To Make Something Of Herself & Prove Everyone Who Doubted Her Wrong. Finis...