Royals

By goldensunflowers98

When her best friend secretly signs her up for a royally twisted version of The Bachelor and a chance at the... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
The Selected

Chapter Three

4.8K 316 216
By goldensunflowers98

Lennon's POV

After dinner, we are escorted to the second floor where our rooms are located. I'm quiet, trying not to notice the whispers and stares as we follow the guard down the hallway, until someone links arms with me and lets out a tiny squeal.

"Oh, my goodness! You're so lucky! You get the first date with Prince Harry!" I look to my right and see Emaline grinning giddily, looking genuinely excited for me. I also noticed how she was the only one not glaring at me at dinner so it felt nice to have some support and a friend here amongst the snakes.

"I'm so nervous," I groan, biting the skin on the side of my nail, as I try to keep our conversation quiet. "I probably looked like such an idiot with my mouth full of bread and... Ugh, I'm such a loser."

"No, no! It was fine! You're fine. And I saw how you and Prince Harry kept making eye contact. It was really cute," she smiles as the ends of our dresses swipe across the floor, the fabrics bumping together as we walk side by side, and our heels make small, almost inaudible clicks.

"No, I just am a ravenous idiot and had salad dressing all over my face and he was telling me to wipe it off. No cuteness about that. Just the urge to crawl into a hole and die." She laughs at that, shaking her head as we beat the end of the hall. "I'm happy you're not planning my death like everyone else though."

"Oh, gosh, no. I couldn't care less. I heard free education for half a year and I jumped. Also, I have a massive crush on the foreign ambassador from France and I heard he is making an appearance at a dinner in a few weeks so fingers crossed."

I let out a sigh of relief, happy that I have confirmation that I'm not alone in this. "Thank god. I'm here for the schooling too. I was worried I was going to be that weird loner girl that takes pictures of the ceilings and plants all the time."

She laughs, shaking her head, and pats my arm. "No, don't worry. You seem like a really sweet girl unlike these other girls," she makes a side eye at a little group that consisted of two brunettes and an auburn haired one that kept looking back at us and giving us a stink face.

"The first brunette in the front is Serena Keaton from Highvale, the second brunette is Madelina Stuart from Crystalfaire, and the redhead is Genevieve Winningham from Mistbridge and so far I've deduced that they are the snobbiest human beings I've ever met." Emaline nods with fact as I try to give them a smile and only earn an eye roll.

"Maybe they're just having a bad day," I mumble, trying to make an excuse. "It has been a long travel to get here and it was a little rainy. Maybe they had a bad car ride. Or, the person helping them get dressed may have been rude. Mine wasn't particularly the nicest."

"Every single one of them?" Emaline raises an eyebrow at me, making me shrug. I have an horrid ability of giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and sometimes it didn't work in my favor.

"Miss. Clarke, Miss. Darrington, your rooms are these two. Miss. Darrington, your room is to the right. Miss. Clarke, to the left. If there is anything I can get for you or you need assistance, please ring the bell beside the closet and someone will be with you momentarily," The butler leading us says with a giant fake smile. "Please remember the rules. No going to the fourth floor. Now, I hope you enjoy your stay at Tarlington Palace and have a lovely rest of your night. Be mindful. There will be a wake up call at 6:00 in the morning to have you dressed and ready for breakfast and schooling. The rest of your ladies, follow me."

He bows before the rest of them continue down the rest of the hall and turn the corner as Emaline and I smile at each other.

"We're almost roomies! It's fate that we are going to be best friends," She smiles with the enthusiasm, making me laugh amused.

"Seems that way," I laugh, happy I wasn't in a room next to one of the glarers.

"Hey, I'm still hungry because that tiny salad and rich people food isn't enough and I heard one of the maids say we can order food service so how about we watch movies and order something?" She asks, making me bite my lip.

"Well, it is only eight so why not! Let me change into my pajamas and I'll be right over!" I say, getting excited for a movie night.

She lets out a tiny excited squeal and claps, making me wish I had her energy. "Okay! Awesome! Is pizza good?" She asks, opening her bedroom door as I do the same.

"I love pizza!" I nod, earning a smile, before walking into my room.

As I shut the door, I can't help but laugh as I hear her yell excitedly, "BITCH, they've got homemade Chinese food on here too! Oh, hell yeah!"

Good lord.

I shake my head, I turn around only to gasp in surprise. The room is absolutely breathtaking. It's quaint, not too fancy. Just how I like it. The walls are a lovely cream shade with brick outlining the arches in the doorways and the floor is stone. A large king sized, canopy bed is nestled in the center and I wanted nothing more than to jump in the center of it.

A balcony is off to the side, the door open, and the curtains billow as a cool breeze fills the room. I'm pleasantly surprised as I step more into the room and take off my heels that the stone floor is heated against my feet.

Seeing my belongings on the chair at the end of the bed, I walk over and begin to change into my heather grey pajama set that I adored. Slipping my feet into my grey bunny slippers that Alina got me last Christmas, I throw my hair up in a messy bun before hanging the gorgeous gown up on a hanger in the closet.

Grabbing my toiletries and walking over to the ensuite bathroom, I flicker on the lights and smile wide as I see a large tub to soak in.

"This. This was made for a bubble bath," I smile, ghosting my hands across the marble column and seeing all the bath bombs, salts, and soaps they had to offer.

Walking over to the sink, I begin to scrub my thick layer of makeup off and sigh as I see my natural skin, blemishes, and under eye bags slowly coming to light. "Damn, Prince Harry sure has a catch of a date," I mumble to myself, giggling softly, not even minding my imperfections.

After finishing up, I walk back into my room and shut the balcony door, not wanting it to get too chilly in here. Grabbing my phone, I open my bedroom door to see the Butler handing Emaline all the food. She looks up at me excitedly, mouthing "oh my god," as she takes it all into her room.

"Thank you, sir. Sorry if you bothered you," I smile warmly at him, earning a bright smile back.

"It's my pleasure, Miss. Clarke. Have a lovely evening, ladies," he says before departing down the hall.

"Oh, I'm going to get so fat while I'm here!" Emaline shouts as she grabs a piece of pizza, the cheese melts and gooey as it stretches, and shoves it in her mouth. She moans loudly before taking another slice for seconds.

"Hey, save some for me," I laugh as I climb onto the bed with her and grab a slice, blowing on it slightly so it doesn't burn me before taking a big bite. Delicate flavours of rosemary, garlic, and parmesan dance on my tastebuds and the dough gives a delightful crunch that makes my soul happy.

"I got you chicken fried rice and an egg roll. Oh, and a coke! Is that good?" She asks, uncovering the plate as I widen my eyes and nod, mouth still full of pizza so I can't give her an actual response.

Not wanting to forget this moment and knowing that we are supposed to use social media during our stay, I decide to take a candid picture with my phone while eating pizza with the other.

Smiling when I see it comes out cute, I show Emaline who lets out a laugh and gives me consent to post it. Opening my app, I see multiple notifications that make me furrow my eyebrows.

"OH MY GOD PRINCE HARRY!"

"PRINCE HARRY MADE AN INSTAGRAM AND FOLLOWED YOU!! #LENNY"

"LENNON AND PRINCE HARRY 4EVER"

I swear I have a hundred of those types of comments and when I look at my followers, I see that @HRHHarry did indeed make an account and only follow me so far.

Not thinking much of it, I type out a caption for my picture and post it, closing my phone before it completely crashes as all the likes come in.

"Ooh, I think our interviews and first day at the palace is on Channel 6 tonight if you want to watch that for a little bit," Emaline says as she picks up the remote and turns on the television.

"Oh yay, I can't wait to cringe," I sigh as she chooses the news station and a black screens comes up with the words "The Royal Selection" spans across it in curly, red letters along with some regal music in the background.

"They really went all out for this," I mumble sarcastically as Emaline lets out a snort and a nod.

___

"Oh my god! Why did I even say that or think it was funny?" Emaline cringes hard and hides her face as her interview ends when she tries to make a joke and the interviewer just didn't get it, staring at her blankly.

"I can't believe they didn't cut that out," I mumble in shock as I shovel fried rice into my mouth. She groans loudly, burying her face further into her pillow. "It wasn't that bad..." I lie, feeling for her. It was pretty bad; a typical, cringy dad joke. "Your interviewer wasn't even from around here so many it was lost in translation. At least you didn't go into a rant about what type of architecture the palace was like a total nerd. We all are new to this. We'll get better." I pat her leg comfortingly as she groans and sits up.

"I'm done watching this. Let's find a movie," she huffs as I can't help but laugh at her, shaking my head.

She finally sets on The Notebook - I know. I know. Totally cliche - and we nuzzle the covers up to our chins as we watch the love story.

___

At the end, fighting our tears and yawns, we say our goodnight and I start for my bedroom. The door creaks open and I yawn loudly, placing my slippers by the door, as my body shivers.

"Why is it so freaking cold?" I mumble, rubbing my eyes as I look up. I freeze and my eyebrows furrow as I see my balcony doors, that I definitely closed earlier, wide open.

My heart pounds a bit, my anxiety thinking the worst, and I swear I start looking around for a murderer. Seeing no one around, I let out a sigh relief. "Maybe they have a faulty latch. It's a windy night," I say to myself as I walk over to the doors, peeking out into the night, before quickly shutting them and rushing over to my bed.

As my hands go to pull back the covers is when I see them. A large bouquet of pink and white tulips with an assortment of roses amongst them against my white, plush duvet.

I gasp lightly at their beauty, my fingers reaching out to caress their delicate petals, as I see a note attached to the side. My curiosity getting the better of me, I gently pull out the card and can't help but smile at the best and beautiful writing.

"I can't wait for our date tomorrow. So, how about we start a little early? Meet me in the east garden. - H."

PS: Don't get caught.

Seeing the clock flashing the numbers 12:00 am, I bite my lip and wonder if I should.

You're only here for the education, Lennon, my conscious snaps but something inside of me pushes me to go. After a few more moments of contemplation, I give in.

Grabbing my cardigan to keep warm, I sneak out my door and down the hall, ready to meet a certain prince that's waiting for me in the garden.

_____________

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Leave me your comments and opinions as they really help get chapters out faster and motivation up!

Questions!

1. Favorite thing about this chapter?

Did you enjoy the pictures and media?

2. What do you think will happen in the garden?

3. What do you want to happen on their date next chapter?

4. Do you have any fluff ideas you want to see?

5. Any drama/angst ideas you want to see?

6. How do you want Prince Harry's personality to be?

7. Are you excited to meet any of the other girls? (I'll have a full character list up soon)

8. Anything else you want to say can go here!

All the love. x -E

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

459K 13.7K 39
(please note that this story has been rewritten and can be found under the name JUST FALL on my profile) 35 girls. 2 princes. The opportunity of a li...
95 21 9
When Aurora Wilder is selected to compete in Prince Thomas's Selection, the competition to win his heart (and the crown), it's fitting. She's despera...
1.8M 63.9K 59
As future king, Prince Thomas is set to hold his selection in order to find a wife. 20 girls from the Commonwealth are chosen to compete for his hear...
282K 6.2K 49
Emily has made it all the way to the Elite without even really batting an eyelash in the prince's direction. Does she really want this, to be swept u...