1.2 | The Fighter ✓

By -Thiaa

In a town where rumors spread like poisonous disease, what happens when she meets Jungkook - the one everyone... More

about
cast
epigraph
playlist
[1] Newbie
[2] Extra
[3] Enigma
[4] Marks
[5] Jinhee
[6] The reason
[7] 3J
[8] Fighting
[9] In the ring
[10] The first
[12] The truth
[13] That day
[14] A chance
[15] Happiness
[16] Why
[17] Not worth it
[18] To remember
[19] Time for goodbyes
[20] Sorry
[21] If you
[22] For you
Thank you
Surprise

[11] Fault

7.3K 401 119
By -Thiaa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please don't tell me you are reading that again? How many times has it been already?", Jungkook rolled his eyes nearing the person he looked for the past ten minutes.

"Shut up, you are disturbing me. I love reading it. Every time I do, I find something new hidden in it."

Jungkook watched his best friend sitting on the window side in the back of the library, reading his favorite book for the thousandth time. This scene was nothing new to him. Whenever his friend was missing, Jungkook knew where he would find him. There was only one place - the library.

Jungkook has read his friend's favorite book and even though it was a good one, it was not that much to be read multiple times.

"Let's go home already. It's going to rain again, look at the sky", Jungkook tried to pull his friend's sleeve to get his attention.

As if the sky heard his warnings, just when he said it, huge raindrops started hitting the window. It was like they were trying to break the glass. "See, I told you it would rain..."

For the first time since he entered the library, his friend locked eyes with him. His eyes were red and warm tears were rolling down his cheeks, similar to the rain that was rolling down on the other side of the window.

"It's your fault, Jungkook!", his friend spoke, but the voice didn't sound like his. It sounded like it was coming from afar, like an echo.

He watched his friend tear in front of him, while his words were stuck in his throat. His mouth was burning, yet not a single word came out of it. His eyes were burning as if they would start tearing as well.

He broke the eye contact and looked out the window. The rain and the wind were furiously dancing with the trees. Gray clouds were laid over the city, hiding the brightness of the day.

Jungkook opened his mouth again, trying to get out the words that were running in his mind. The words that were pinned in his soul, killing him from the inside.

"It's my fault!"

Jungkook jumped out of his bed, panting heavily. He caressed his forehead, cleaning the sweat with his sleeve. Looking at the clock beside his bed, he already expected to see the showed time - 4 AM. He would see his friend in his dream and whenever he wished to stay in the dream and never wake up, he would always open his eyes in 4 AM.

Knowing that he wouldn't close his eyes again for the day, he turned his head towards his bedside table where a single photo was placed. He ran his hands over the person that was presented on the picture and whispered...

"I'm sorry. Everything is my fault."

*******

Minhee was sitting on her sit in the classroom lost in her thoughts, blankly staring at her notebook. The class had finished fifteen minutes ago, but she didn't even sense it. Everyone had left the classroom leaving her alone with the professor who stayed behind since he had his own things to do, papers to finish.

"Minhee, why aren't you leaving? The class is over."

Minhee snapped out of her trance, finally realizing her surroundings. She was lost in her thoughts thinking about what Jungkook had told her. Whatever those rumors were about she just wanted to know the truth. And she wanted to hear it from him. Not from the others, but she wanted to listen to words coming out of his mouth.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Kim, I was thinking. I didn't realize that it already finish."

"You've been distracted a lot lately, even in my class. I hope I'm not boring."

"No, no, your classes are always the best."

"I'm glad. Then what's bothering you? Can I help somehow?"

Minhee looked hesitantly at her professor, not knowing whether she should tell him or not. But in the end, she decided to at least try it.

"What if you have someone you care about, but they are hiding something from you. And they don't want to tell you the truth because they think you'll change the way you feel about them. What would you do?"

"If it was me, I would still want to know. And if I really care about that person than I would accept them the way they are, with all their flaws."

This left Minhee thinking that maybe Mr. Kim was right. She should know the real reason behind those rumors and she shouldn't let it get in the way between Jungkook and her.

She cracked a smile and was about to thank her favorite professor for the advice when someone stopped her by knocking on the classroom's door.

"Namjoon, are you finished? Let's go to lunch, I'm so hungry that I could eat a whole pig on my own" This came from a handsome male who popped his head in the classroom looking around, searching for Minhee's professor.

When he finally spotted Minhee, he quickly added "Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't know that you weren't finished. I'll wait outside."

"No, no it's okay. We are done", Minhee said to male, gathering her things fast. She didn't want to keep her professor longer than she already did.

"This is my student Minhee. Minhee, this is my boyfriend Kim Seokjin.", the professor introduced his boyfriend to Minhee. Her eyes widened from this new found info about Mr. Kim, but she quickly returned her normal look on, not wanting to create an awkward situation between them.

"It's nice to meet you! And thank you so much for the advice, Professor Kim."

"Anytime! Oh, and Minhee if I catch you dozing off on my class again, you'll get detention", Namjoon warned her, but his voice tone was more teasing than threatening.

She bowed towards the two males and ran out of the classroom before she could comment something stupid about the thing that her professor turned out to be gay.

'Wait 'till Soojung finds out about this, she will die' She thought of her best friend who had the hugest crush on their English teacher.

*******

Minhee didn't need to search a lot to find Jungkook. She knew where he would be if not in the school. And she was right.

Jungkook had a small room in the 3J studio where he had his punching bag and whenever he needed to train he would be there. But most of the time, he didn't train to fight. He was punching the bag to get the anger out of his system.

And today too, he was there because he was feeling miserable. He dreamed of his best friend last night and just like every time he heard the same words over and over again.

"It's your fault... It's your fault..."

The words were chanting in his ears unstoppably and he wanted to scream just so he would stop hearing them and hear his own voice instead.

He was furiously punching the bag without his punching gloves causing his hands to become bloody again. But he didn't even feel the pain. The physical pain was nothing compared to the one he had in his heart.

"Hey, stop! What are you doing?" Minhee shouted from the door. She had entered the room and when she saw Jungkook in that state, she ran to him immediately.

Jungkook didn't even sense her presence until she shouted again taking his hands away from the punching bag. Her voice was like a wakeup call from his trance.

She hugged him close, not caring about his sweaty body. She just wanted to calm his shaking body, not knowing what to say about the situation.

Before she came, even though he was sweaty his body was cold. His hands were stoned and lifeless, just like his heart. But Minhee, with her caring hug, was slowly warming his heart and he didn't even sense when he began to tear in her embrace.

His words came out on their own, as if he needed to get them out. And the only one he wanted to tell them was her.

"It's my fault. Everything, that had happened that day is my fault", his voice cracked mixed with his sob and when she heard him she just closed her hands around him tighter.

"Shh... You don't have to tell me. We can talk about it later." As much as she wanted to know the truth, she hated to see Jungkook like that. Seeing him broken like that, she couldn't stop her own tears from coming out of her eyes.

"No Minhee, I need to do it now. You have to know now!" He broke from the hug looking her directly in her eyes. He wanted to see her face, even if it would be for the last time he gets to do it. Because he wasn't sure if she would still stay beside him when she hears what he is about to say...

"I killed him Minhee! I killed my best friend."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry for the delayed update! I hope you like it!

THIA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

714K 16.3K 18
Angst. Smut. Fluff. 21+ Jungkook / Jimin FF. This story contains very elaborate, violent scenes, these scenes are a part of my imagination. I don't...
60.3K 4.9K 53
ARRANGE MARRIAGE AU " It hurts, It hurts when person giving you the best memories ends up becoming memories, it hurts so fucking much and you don't...
78.4K 3.2K 91
A Jeon Jungkook ff . She was like an angel. Soft. Pure. Mesmerizing. Beautiful. Her gorgeous almond eyes were looking around in worry and she was spe...
1.1M 46.1K 58
COMPLETED "WHY? Why can't you be with me?WHY?" Jungkook questioned, his eyes spitting fire while his heart quivered in fear. But her next words left...