Maybe this is where I belong...

By siobhanm515

In this story, Callie and Jude were never adopted because their mother never died and their father never went... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.

Chapter 21.

1K 15 3
By siobhanm515

hi amazing readers! sorry this was later than expected, but enjoy!

STEF'S POV:
"Hey, boys. How was school? Where are Mama and the girls?" I asked my sons as they came in from school.
"They have dance practice so Mama is driving them home." Jesus answered and Brandon nodded in agreement.
"Oh, right. Did you guy see Ami at school today?" I looked up from reading my magazine and saw Jesus chomping on potato chips.
"Hey, bud go easy, will ya? You're going to ruin your appetite for dinner." I requested.
"My bad.. And oh, I did see her a couple times in the hall. She seemed okay. Like not sad or anything." Jesus answered, slowing down on the snacks.
"Good, good." I replied. I was apprehensive sending her to school today because of the trial results over the weekend, I didn't want her being overwhelmed. The boys went upstairs to get started on their homework and I ended up getting lost in my own thoughts. When would be the right time to ask Amelia if she would like to be adopted? I wanted to officially call her my daughter more than anything in the whole world, I just feared that she might be hesitant saying yes because she is scared of losing us or wanting something too much and it not happening. Thinking about this brought me back to the conversation I had with Lena last night.

FLASHBACK:
"Hey love?" Lena asked me as I was reading a book on my tablet.
I looked over to her and raise my reading glasses to put then on my head so I could see her beautiful face. "What's up, babe?"
She sighed deeply before continuing, "So I've been thinking, maybe tomorrow night, when we tuck Amelia in for the night, we could ask her if she would want to be adopted? She has finally opened up to us more, calling us 'Mom' and 'Mama'. I just really think she would say yes. What, what do you think?" She looked at me with those breathtaking brown eyes, with a sparkle in them. It was truly clear that she wanted this. I grinned from ear to ear and pulled my partner in for a passionate, loving kiss. The kiss felt like the both of us were on cloud nine. I guess that's what happens when you kiss your soulmate.
The kiss ended and she chuckled, "I guess that's a yes, then?"
"Of course we should ask her. I cannot wait to see her face when we ask her." I giggled and pulled Lena in for a hug and she fell asleep in my arms

END OF FLASHBACK:
My thoughts were interrupted when the doorbell rang. I walked to the front door to open it and saw a woman standing there. She had her hair pinned up in a messy ponytail, ripped jeans all over the denim, simple converse sneakers, and a leather jacket, as if she was in a biker gang. She was chomping on a stick of gum obnoxiously and was antsy standing there.
"Hi—Uh, is..is Amelia here?" She asked impatiently, peering her head into my home. My body language caused her to step back, as if she knew that I was annoyed by her presence.
"Hi, can I, uh ask why you're asking for my daughter? How..how do you know her?"
The brunette rolled her eyes and scoffed, "Your daughter? That's funny." She then laughed and I was getting red with anger.
"Okay, who are you and why are you standing on my door?" I demanded to know who the hell this woman was.
"I'm Veronica. Veronica Roberts?" She looked at me with bugged out eyes, thinking I should know who her name is. I pondered for a second until my eyes widened and I realized who she was.
I stepped forward with protective eyes and stared her down. "What. The hell are you doing here?"
She stepped back with her hands up and laughed in a bitchy tone, "Whoa... Just here to see my daughter. And I'm not leaving here until I get a chance to talk to her."
She pushed me to the side and sat herself down on the couch and sighed in comfort. She was clearly nothing like her biological daughter. This woman was a bitch.
I scoffed and pulled out my phone to call Lena.
"Hello?" She answered.
"Uh, hi. We have an issue.. Amelia's birth mom just showed up at our door." I confessed. Silence took over the phone for a few moments and I continued the conversation, "W-when are you going to be home? I really don't trust myself alone with this woman." I quietly spoke into the phone.
"I'll be right home in a few minutes. Please don't do anything stupid."
"I'll try. I love you." I responded.
"I love you too." She hung up the phone and I placed mine in my back pocket and walked over to Veronica who was reading a magazine that was placed on our coffee table. I was so ready to beat the shit out of her just for being disrespectful in my home.
"My, uh partner will be home in a few minutes. We will decide whether you can speak to Ami or not." I demanded and sat myself down across from this woman, arms crossed, with a scowl placed on my face.
Veronica's eyes widened when she heard me say the word "partner" and she laughed in disbelief, "Wait a minute, you have a partner? Like..a woman partner? And my daughter is staying in this house?" She stopped for a minute to laugh as if something was funny, it clearly was not to me.
"Let me remind you. You left Ami. At five years old. She has been in foster care for eight years. You don't have any rights anymore. Lena and I are her mothers. So if you want to have any sort of relationship with our daughter. You better start realizing that." I stood up, ready to beat this bitch into pieces when Lena stormed through the doors, in a panic.
"Hi, uh, you must be..." Lena reached her hand out to meet Veronica's.
"Veronica. Veronica Roberts." Veronica shook Lena's hand and smiled, which Lena returned.
"Why don't we all..just sit down and talk this out, yes?" Lena walked over to sit on the loveseat next to me.

AMELIA'S POV:
I stared into the window in pure disbelief and could only think of the last time I saw her. I was five years old, sitting on the couch and playing with one of the dolls my parents had stolen from a toy store for me. I was bored, I was always bored as a kid. My parents never took me to the park, or anywhere fun for that matter. As I sat on the couch, there my parents were, snorting lines and popping pills following by chugging alcohol. I never knew that was what they were doing until I was much older, and I could make sense of my memory. Next thing I knew, police stormed through the doors with social workers and a woman scooped me up and I never saw my parents again. I soon felt my anxiety increasing but Mariana snapped me back into reality.
"We have to go back to the car, now." She ordered. We slowly made our way back to the car and we climbed into the back seat to talk.
"Alright, you need to spill." She looked at me with worried eyes, for she knew that this was taking a toll on me.
"W-What's there to tell? That's my birth mom in there. I haven't seen her since I was five. I don't know why she's here. And that's it." I stared back at my sister with my arms folded. Silence filled the car and I was growing impatient.
"Okay, I'm going in there." I began to open the car door once again and felt the same arm grab me as it did before.
"Ami, no!" Mariana pleaded but I had enough. I needed to know why she was here. I let go of Mariana's hold and walked into the house.

"Amelia! Baby!" Veronica greeted me as I ran through the door and stopped in my tracks when I saw her familiar face. Stef and Lena's faces were stunned.
"I'm sorry, she-she saw her though the window, I tried to stop her from coming inside." Mariana said as she walked through the door and towards Stef and Lena. Veronica jumped from her seat and hugged me fiercely. I wasn't sure to hug her back or to just stand there. My mind was blank and I felt like I could not move. Veronica' grip was tight and it felt as if she was waiting for me to hug her back. I returned the hug for a quick couple of seconds before releasing, and pushing her away a bit.
"What-what are you doing here, mom?" I asked. The term "mom" slipped from my mouth and I looked over to Stef and Lena as I could see their hearts breaking.
"I..I'm just here to see you, baby girl!" She grabbed my shoulders and smiled. She then cupped my face with her hand and looked at me with a sad expression across her face, "You.. You've changed so much. You really are beautiful, sweetheart."
I grabbed her hand and aggressively pushed them away from my face, "Yeah.. Eight years can do that to a person." I rolled my eyes and ran up the stairs.
I felt overwhelmed and angry. Why, after all of these years, come back? And pretend that everything is fine? I didn't feel comfortable around her, even though shes my mom. I didn't feel a connection to her anymore. Yes, I still remember those days where I was little and her and dad took me to the park for the first time in my life.

"Look mommy! I'm swinging!" I said to Veronica as I swung higher and higher.
"I see you baby! Mommy sees you!" She continued to watch as my dad pushed me. Moments passed and nobody was pushing me anymore as I saw my parents get into an argument. Punches were thrown and not at my dad. I saw as my dad was beating my mom and I didn't know what to do. I just kept swinging.

Memories like that happened on multiple occasions. And my mom was still dumb enough to stay with him.

I sat on my bed frustrated and annoyed. I wanted that woman out of my house and I never wanted to see her again. I didn't want her negativity and those painful memories to come back. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.
"Hi, love. Can we come in?" Stef asked as her and Lena peeked their heads in. I nodded and they sat down on my bed with me in the middle, both interlocked their hands with mine.
"Is she still down there?" I asked with anxiety, hoping I would hear the answer I wanted.
"Yeah, yeah she is. She won't leave." Lena answered and rolled her eyes. Not the answer I wanted.
"Why. That's the only question in my head right now. Why, after eight years, come back? And-And-And pretend that everything is the same? She has lost her mind if she thinks I'm going to run back into her arms." I said and I took a few deep breaths to hold in the tears. Stef wrapped her arm around me and pulled me close. I buried my head into my mom's chest and let out a few tears.
Lena was now kneeling in front of me, she put one hand on my cheek as her concerned, loving eyes met my now watery ones. "My love, what do you want us to do? We're here for you every step of the way."
"Can I talk to her.. Alone?" I asked my moms who didn't answer right away.
"I don't know, bug. I don't trust her. Especially not around my baby." Stef answered and hugged me tighter. I looked to her with pleading eyes.
"Please mom?" I could tell when I used the term "mom" it made her really happy.
"I...I guess I'm okay with it. But I'm going to be right in the next room." I hugged her tightly in return and my eyes turned to Lena.
"Mama? Is that okay with you?" I asked Lena as she was still kneeling in front of me.
Lena hesitated and deeply sighed, "I-I'm okay with it. But you heard mom. Right in the next room, got it?"

"So can we get to the real reason as to why you're here?" I sat across from my birth mom and she looked at me with loving eyes, but I was not sure if they were sincere.
"Amelia.. I-I miss you. I want us to be a family again. You, me and dad-" before she could finish, I cut her off.
"Where is he by the way? Daniel? He didn't want to see me?" I snapped.
"Um.. He-he doesn't know i'm here." I rolled my eyes at her response.
"Veronica. I may be thirteen but I am very mature. And I know this isn't the real reason why you're here." I folded my arms and scolded. Veronica then let out a laugh followed by a sigh.
"Wow. You really are my daughter. Alright.." She rested her elbows on her knees and stared at me with her cold, cold heart. "You are going to go in there, to Stef and Lena, and you're going to say that you want to spend more time with me. Even weekends. Soon you will say you want to live with me."
I sat there in total disbelief. I knew that Veronica wasn't here for the right reasons but never in my years did I think that she would say all of this.
She then continued her rant, "If you don't do everything I'm asking you, I swear you will be sorry. This whole family will live their biggest nightmare if you don't do what I say."
I swallowed the lump in my throat, "Okay."

I felt betrayed. Betrayed by my own birth mom as she sat there, asking me to do something I was most certainly dreading. Veronica left, feeling very happy and confident with our conversation as I walked her out. I did not want to tell Stef and Lena that I wanted to spend more time with her, it was killing me inside knowing that I had to hurt them. I wanted to tell them what Veronica said to me so badly, but what she said about my family living their worst nightmare, that terrified me. I walked into the kitchen and found Lena preparing dinner and Stef reading on her tablet.
"Stef? Lena?" I asked, slowly walking in. They both looked up from what they were doing and smiled.
"Hi baby. Is..is Veronica gone? How was your conversation with her?" Stef asked, signaling me to sit down on the stool.
"I think I want to get to know her more." I stuttered. I was never good at lying and I prayed that they didn't catch me.
"Really?" Lena's eyes widened. I felt that she knew that I wasn't telling the truth. So I had to really play this lie out. It broke my heart knowing I had to lie to the most important people in my life right now, but I was protecting them from whatever Veronica had in store.
"Yeah. She asked if I could spend the weekend with her, can I?" I asked.
Stef and Lena exchanged looks of concern and sighed, "Are you..sure, love? I mean, you are more than allowed to, uh, get to know her..But it's been eight years since you have seen her..Do you want to take it slow?" Stef replied, running her hand along my arm.
"I just think she deserves a chance, okay?" I snapped. I didn't mean to be rude or disrespectful. They had surprised looks on their faces as I replied.
"Okay, love. Mam-Lena and I will talk about you staying the weekend, yes?" She smiled slightly and told me to head upstairs to my room before dinner.

LENA'S POV:
I was in total and utter shock when Ami had told Stef and I that she wanted to stay the weekend with Veronica. Earlier that day she was distraught and upset about her being here. Something wasn't right and Amelia was never good at lying. I knew that she wasn't telling Stef and I the truth.
"Well that was a turn of events." Stef scoffed.
"I don't believe it." I said in anger as I mixed the salad for dinner.
"Well, love. Maybe she had a change of heart. We have to give her an opportunity to get to know her. Even if it kills us." Stef replied as she set the plates and utensils.
"No, no I really don't believe it. She has only been here for two months but I know her. I know my Ami girl. And this is not what she wants."
"Let's just give her the benefit of the doubt, that she isn't lying to us, okay?" Stef said as she held my hand tight and pulled me into a hug.

Later that night, we sat Amelia down to talk to her about what had happened earlier that day.
"Amelia, Stef and I talked and we are going to let you spend the weekend with Veronica." I said to my foster daughter who did not seem excited with our decision, which was just another clue to why I thought she was not telling the truth.
"Oh.." She hesitated, "Awesome! I'll go text her right now, she gave me her number." She was ready to leave as Stef stopped her in her tracks.
"Ah ah ah.. Hold on, babe." Amelia sat back down as Stef continued, "We are going to drive you, she is not going to pick you up and we're calling you Friday night and Saturday night to check on you. Yes?" Stef was serious with her tone. I could tell she didn't trust Veronica, which comforted me in knowing that I wasn't alone.
"Yes." Amelia replied. We excused her and she went upstairs.
"You know I'm only allowing this because I believe that she's not lying to us, Lena." Stef looked over to me with loving eyes.
"I know. Just something about that woman, she pisses me off." I said letting the annoyance slip in my tone.
"Hey, baby. I'm sorry we couldn't ask Amelia about the adoption. Hopefully soon, okay my love?" Stef said as she nibbled on my neck in the most loving way.
"Oh, it's okay, that's making me feel much better." I moaned as Stef giggled and laid a passionate kiss on my lips.

AMELIA'S POV:
A big part of me wanted Stef and Lena not to let me stay the weekend with Veronica. But I knew that they trusted me and knew I would never lie to them, so I knew that they would let me go. I opened my phone to text Veronica the news.

That's great..Soon you'll be home where you belong...

I shut my phone off and tried to get some sleep, but I knew it was going to be difficult, knowing my anxiety was going through the roof.

what do you think is going to happen? will stef and lena find out ami is lying? leave your thoughts in the comments!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.4K 555 26
"There goes the trio of trouble. Anyone who gets in their way will face the punishments." 07/06/19: this is quite possibly the worst thing i have eve...
Home By Olivia

Fanfiction

28.9K 501 21
Callie Jacob has always been strong. Strong when her Mother died. Strong when she was forced to the streets. Strong when her brother got adopted with...
7.1K 564 66
5 years after adopting 5-year-old Kamaya, Stef and Lena remained together as a couple. Lena is now an important woman in society due to her job at th...
53K 2.4K 61
The third installment in the Hard Time series. We jump almost five years ahead after Stef and Lena Adams Foster were released from jail. With Callie...