Lone Wolf || Tyrion Lannister

By AngelicTrickster

Her hair was kissed by fire, but ice ran through her veins. Poised was her demeanor, hidden was a mighty howl... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Important Notice
Important Notice

Chapter Eight

6.8K 215 29
By AngelicTrickster

A little later in the day, Anari sat with Sansa and Septa Mordane. They were having a light lunch in one of the rooms that allowed for the sunlight to cast its warm rays into the open space. After her vigorous lesson with Syrio, Anari had stopped at her chambers to freshen up before daring to be seen by Mordane.

She even quickly rebraided her hair to ensure that she was more than presentable. Anari wore a pale grey dress with soft lavender embroidery donning the hem and the sleeves. Thankfully, it was a front laced gown, so she didn't have to call upon Mordane to help her fix it. No doubt, that would cause questions to arise, as it shouldn't be necessary to relace the ties.

Anari wore Robb's pendant around her neck, the direwolf being the only jewelry she wore. Anari had sent her brother a letter a few days ago but found it odd not to receive a letter in return. Though, Anari put it off to the fact that it was probably because Robb had his hands full, being the presiding Lord of Winterfell in their father's absence.

Glancing at her sister, Anari could see that Sansa was still hurt. No doubt the death of Lady still weighed heavily in her heart. Shadow's death plagued Anari's as well, as she knew her wolf, as well as Lady, deserved better. To be slaughtered for a crime they didn't commit, for an incident they had no part in.

While Shadow had been by Anari's side, the wolf had done nothing more than growl and wait obediently for an order. Though, Anari also had an inkling Sansa's mood was affected by the fact that Joffrey had been actively ignoring her.

As much as Anari wanted to tell her sister that she shouldn't concern herself with his opinions or thoughts on her, Anari knew that Sansa would not heed her advice. Sansa, while the third oldest, was still just a girl. She was a dreamer, and she dreamt of marrying Joffrey.

However, ever since the attack and the trial, Joffrey wanted nothing to do with her. While Anari hated seeing her sister upset, she hoped that Sansa would pull through soon. With everything going on, Anari couldn't help but wonder if this was a blessing in disguise.

It would be for Sansa's own good that she not marry Joffrey, considering there was a very real chance that they may be at war with the Lannisters. Not to mention, Anari held Joffrey no good favors.

He was a coward and a vicious little monster. If Anari had it her way, she'd have taught that boy a few manners. Certainly, his mother did nothing but encourage his horrid behavior and allow him to do whatever he wanted. Sansa glanced at Anari, seeing that her older sister was already looking at her.

Anari offered a half-smile, one Sansa accepted with a small nod. Anari exhaled through her nose softly before looking down at her plate. "You wear your hair like a real southern lady now," The Septa interrupted the silence that had ensued over the three of them.

"Well, why shouldn't I? We're in the south," Sansa replied, her tone indifferent. It was true, she had begun to style her hair differently, in the hopes of catching Joffrey's attention and hopefully regain his favor.

"It's important to remember where you come from," Mordane advised, glancing at Anari who still wore her hair the same as she always did. The front tendrils neatly braided behind her head while the rest of her red hair fell in soft, natural waves. "Like Anari, she's here in the South, but she still wears her hair the same. I'm not sure your mother would like these new styles."

"My mother isn't from the North," Sansa replied, growing irritated. "And Anari only wears her hair like that because it stays out of her face if she had it her way I bet she'd have it cut down to her ears."

"I'm aware of that," The Septa said calmly. "And what Anari does with her hair is her choice."

"Good, then it's my choice too," Sansa replied hotly. "Why do you care? Do you even have hair under there?"

"Sansa," Anari said, scolding her sister for her behavior. Anari never knew her sister to be so rude.

"Yes, I have hair," The Septa replied plainly. She had dealt with Anari when she was younger, so she was used to being tested by a moody child.

"I've never seen it," Sansa said, ignoring Anari.

"Would you like to?"

"No. Where are you from anyway, the north or the south?"

"I come from a very small village in-"

"Oh, wait. I just realized I don't care."

"Sansa," Mordane scolded her tone changing as she regarded the girl. Her patience was beginning to run thin as the girl continued to be rude.

"Septa," Sansa replied coldly.

"Sansa," Anari stated her jaw tensing.

"Sister," Sansa replied, her eyes flickering to Anari. Anari's eyes narrowed, a dangerous glow hidden in her grey-green eyes. Despite trying not to, Sansa almost shrunk under her sister's forming glare. Anari wasn't known for being short-tempered, but she had little patience for rudeness.

"Now you are being rude," The Septa stated. Sansa turned her head back to her, her mouth opening to say something when the door opened to reveal Joffrey. The three of them stood upon his entrance, Anari only doing so out of politeness. Play their game, she thought to herself.

"My prince," Mordane greeted, her frown replaced with a polite smile.

"My prince," Sansa said dreamily as she smiled, her eyes having lit up the moment Joffrey entered. With her sudden change in demeanor, Anari could barely contain the scowl. Throwing away her family for a Lannister, Anari thought with a small scoff. Joffrey glanced at Anari, pausing in his smile. He was obviously waiting for her to address him by his title.

"My prince," Anari said, a fake, yet, polite smile on her face. Satisfied for the time being, Joffrey looked back to Sansa with a wide smile. As much as he hated to do this, he figured it would be the best course of action. Not only that, but Cersei had said that it would cause discord within the Stark family, having them be divided.

"My lady, I fear I have behaved monstrously the past few weeks," he said, his tone apologetic. "With your permission?" In his hands, he showed her a small box that contained a pendant. Upon seeing it, Sana turned around and allowed him to place it around her neck. While it was a beautiful necklace, Anari's mind began working to figure out why now of all times he would come and win her affections back.

Not that he ever lost them, Anari thought bitterly. It nearly disgusted her at how easily won over her sister was. It was because of this boy that Arya's friend and their Direwolves were killed. Yet Sansa seemed adamant in believing Joffrey could do no wrong.

It made Anari sick that this was the boy her sister was set to marry. Joffrey was horrid, and Anari hated that her sister was fated with marrying him. There was nothing Anari could do about it, though.

"It's beautiful," Sansa smiled as she looked at it. "Like the one your mother wears."

"You'll be queen one day; it's only fitting that you should look the part," Joffrey smiled back. "Will you forgive me for my rudeness?" His voice was dripping with sincerity, but he wasn't fooling Anari. However, Sansa took the bait, much to Anari's chagrin.

"There's nothing to forgive," Sansa replied. There was plenty to forgive, Anari thought again as she resisted the urge to scoff at this entire situation. Anari could read the boy's body language; she could tell he wasn't all that happy to be doing this.

Anari suspected his mother put him up to this in order to cause a rift of some sort. With Sansa's loyalty secured, it would be a little harder to go about leaving. There was no way Ned would allow even one of his daughters to remain behind without him there to protect them.

"You're my lady. One day we'll be married in the throne room," Joffrey hated saying the words, but the wistful look on Sansa's face was worth it. She was so easy to fool; it was almost laughable at how ridiculous she was. "Lords and ladies from all over the Seven Kingdoms will come, from the last hearth in the North to the salt shore of the South." He continued as Sansa's gaze grew dreamy. "And you will be queen over all of them. I'll never disrespect you again. I'll never be cruel to you again. Do you understand me? You're my lady now, from this day, until my last day." Joffrey pledged.

Anari rolled her eyes as she picked out the lies in his words. He didn't know how to respect anyone, from the stories she heard and from the things she had seen, Anari knew the boy held no one in high regard enough to offer them even a shred of respect. Someone should have taught the boy manners, but, then again, with the deep corruption in the city, Anari severely doubted there was anyone willing to even try.

With his promise, Joffrey sealed it with a gentle kiss to Sansa's lips.

~

Maester Luwin smiled the moment he saw the familiar penmanship on the sealed letter. He walked to where he knew Robb to be, in the courtyard, practicing with one of the knights. The oldest Stark grinned as he managed to disarm his sparring partner. "My Lord," Luwin said to gain Robb's attention.

"Yes?" Robb questioned as he met the Maester halfway.

"A letter for you," he handed Robb the folded paper. "From Anari."

"Anari?" Robb grinned, a spark of excitement lighting in his eyes as Maester Luwin nodded. Robb quickly opened the letter, smiling at his sister's neat handwriting. Oh, how dearly he missed his sisters and his father. While there was trouble brewing, it was certainly a boon to hear from his little sister.

Dearest Robb,

I hope this letter finds you well. I also hope that you are not taking unkindly to my absence. I know how much of an impression I have left on you, and it would be a shame should I hear you are faring ill about my departure.

All jesting aside, I do miss you, brother. I know that Sansa, Arya, and father do as well. We all miss everyone and Winterfell terribly. Though, despite what has recently happened, we are all managing as well as he can.

Arya is still causing trouble and Sansa is still dreaming of the Prince. Father is under quite a bit of stress; however, I believe he is managing well enough. I am well, perhaps a bit tired from having to deal with our sister's antics. I wish to let you know that the pendant you gifted me has scarcely been removed.

For every time I look at it; I think of you, our family, and our home.

I do hope that you are all doing well. Give my love to mother and our brothers for me. Tell them I miss them every day, and long for the day I can see you all again.

Also, remind Theon to take a bath. I hope that neither one of you has neglected your washing since I've been gone.

My best regards and endless love,

Anari Stark

It was a vague letter; however, Robb was still very much delighted to hear from his sister. He was glad to see she was in good spirits during the time that she wrote the letter, as she had jested a fair amount. "I must write back to her," Robb stated as he looked up from the letter.

"What did she say in her letter?" Maester Luwin questioned.

"That everyone was doing as well as could be expected, father is under a great deal of stress, but Anari said she is confident he will be fine. She misses home and the people she left." Robb replied.

While he didn't wish to disclose too much information about what was going on, Robb very much wished to respond as quickly as possible. Excusing himself, Robb left Maester Luwin and went to where Bran and Rickon were. He was sure they would be happy to hear from Anari.

However, despite not wanting to think of it, Robb couldn't help it. If their suspicions were right, then Anari and the girls were in danger. A shadow passed over Robb's face at the thought.

He would go to war for his sisters, and there would be nothing that would stop him from marching to King's Landing to get them.

~

Later in the afternoon, Ned summoned all three of them to meet with him in his study. Anari had a feeling as to what was coming, considering her father had told her what had been going on. She was honored that he trusted her with knowing what was happening, which meant she would be better prepared for whatever was to come. She meant what she said; Anari supported her father with whatever choice he made.

Anari's heart ached as her father limped towards her and her sisters. While she was glad to see him on his feet, the fact that he needed a cane to walk stung. Children often believed that their parents were indestructible, that they could endure anything.

Anari had been one of those children, and though she grew out of that way of thinking, Anari hadn't seen her father or mother ever get seriously hurt. That was why it pained her so to see the aftermath of his fight with Jaime. If she ever saw the man again, Anari had a few choice words she would say to him.

None of them were kind in the least.

While Anari was a properly Lady, the daughter of a high Lord, that didn't mean she couldn't weave hurtful and intricate words together in order to put someone in their place. Anari had a creative way with words when she was angry, and she was more than happy to let Jaime Lannister know what she thought of him.

Once the door was shut and Ned felt that it was safe enough, he looked to his daughters before taking a breath. This was not going to be easy, he knew that. However, it would be for the best, his only hope was that his daughters would see that. "I'm sending you all back to Winterfell," Ned deadpanned.

"What?!" Sansa cried, her eyes widening. When her father had summoned them, this was not, at all, what she had expected. Sansa thought that it may be for something else, what, she didn't know. However, this was her worst fear.

"Listen-" Ned tried, only, his youngest daughters weren't willing to listen.

"What about Joffrey?" Sansa asked, causing both Anari and Arya to scoff. Sansa paid them no mind as her wide eyes remained trained on their father.

"Are you dying because of your leg?" Arya questioned, her brows furrowed. She was concerned for her father's health, and she did genuinely hope it wasn't because he was dying. While she had so plainly asked, Arya, did care. "Is that why you're sending us home?"

"What? No." Ned replied, taken aback by their reactions. He was thankful, however, that Anari stood calmly. Though, he wasn't surprised, considering she had such a level head and knew better than to jump to conclusions. That and she knew the situation, so she already understood why he was sending them back.

"Please, Father," Sansa's wide eyes met his. "Please don't." She pleaded. While Arya did care about her father's wellbeing, and her own as well as her sister's, Arya didn't want to leave King's Landing yet either.

"You can't," she agreed. "Anari and I have our lessons with Syrio, we're finally getting good."

"This isn't a punishment," Ned assured them. "I want you back in Winterfell for your own safety." He looked to Anari, hoping his daughter would be able to get through to them better. With a faint twitch of her lips, Anari vaguely nodded in response to his silent plea.

"Can't we take Syrio back with us?" Anari asked, hoping to perhaps appease Arya. She wasn't sure what she could do to help Sansa, but she'd do her best.

"Who cares about your stupid dancing teacher?" Sansa asked heatedly, scoffing at the notion of bringing him along. Anari's eyes lit with ice, her jaw setting. Syrio was a good man, one who was teaching her a lot more than just fighting. "I can't go," she continued, looking to their father. "I'm supposed to marry Prince Joffrey. I love him and I'm meant to be his queen and have his babies."

Anari scoffed loudly, rolling her eyes at her sister's stupidity. "Head in the clouds," she muttered, causing Sansa to swat at her. With her enhanced reflexes, Anari surprisingly caught her hand with a heated glare.

"Seven hells," Arya sighed in exasperation. She didn't understand what Sansa saw in Joffrey, he was nothing but a coward and a liar. While she may not particularly like Sansa, even Arya knew that he didn't deserve her sister.

"When you're old enough, I'll make you a match with someone who's worthy of you," Ned replied.

Joffrey didn't deserve Sansa, he wasn't worthy of her. Ned would never allow any of the Lannisters to marry his daughters; he'd die before he let that happen.

"Someone who's brave and gentle and strong-"

"I don't want someone brave and gentle and strong," Sansa interrupted. "I want him! He'll be the greatest king that ever was, a golden lion, and I'll give him sons with beautiful blond hair." Anari scoffed again, dropping Sansa's hand.

"The lion's not his sigil, Sansa. He's a stag, like his father." Anari stated, but Sansa's nose wrinkled at the very mention of the King.

"He is not," she argued. "He's nothing like that old drunk king." A treasonous statement, but considering she was with family, she wouldn't be punished. However, what she said had made Ned pause. She was right; he had a golden head of hair and acted much more like a Lannister than a Baratheon.

"Go on, girls," Ned sighed, lifting his chin to the door. "Get your Septa and start packing your things." Ned dismissed them, not wanting them to continue fighting.

"Wait!" Sansa pleaded.

"Come on!" Anari sighed, grabbing Sansa and pulling the girl away.

"It's not fair!" Sansa cried as her sisters took her out of the room. Anari looked at their father with an exasperated expression, rolling her eyes and shaking her head before smiling at the man. Ned smirked slightly in amusement before Anari closed the door behind her.

As soon as the door closed, Ned let out a deep sigh. He knew it wasn't going to bode well, but he hadn't expected Sansa to argue so much. She was a silly girl who was infatuated, though Ned never wanted the match to happen in the first place.

However, his mind went back to what Sansa had said. Now he had, even more, investigating to do.

~

"Anari, it isn't fair!" Sansa shouted. Anari had accompanied Sansa to her chambers to ensure the girl packed. Knowing her younger sister, Anari thought it best to aid her in packing to ensure it got done. "Why can't I stay?"

"Because," Anari replied as she folded one of Sansa's dresses. "It isn't safe here, you know what happened to father in the market. If Jaime Lannister can get away with attacking him, then who is to say that someone else won't try it?"

Sansa knew Anari had a point, and while she understood the concern, she still didn't quite get it. "But father is fine now," she argued. "Jaime isn't here anymore, and-"

"Sansa," Anari sighed as she turned back to face her sister. "We had fifty guards looking after us to protect us, Jory is dead, as are a few others. We don't have the numbers anymore and father is hurt. Do you really think any of us are truly safe?"

"We're guests of the Queen,"

"And the Queen's brother attacked our father," Anari repeated. "Don't you understand? The Lannisters don't like us, any of us. I don't-" Anari cut herself off with a sigh. "I don't like it here, Sansa. This place is dangerous, there is so much corruption, can't you see that?"

"But, father is Hand of the King," Sansa tried.

"Yes, and look what happened to him," Anari replied. "If they're willing to attack the Hand of the King, then who is to say we're not targets as well?" She asked. "To get to father, someone may try to hurt us. Do you really want to risk it?"

"But what about Joffrey?" Sansa asked. "He'll protect me." Anari groaned as she ran a hand down her face.

"Joffrey isn't going to protect you, Sansa," she walked over to her sister. "I know you care about him, but I do not see that same care in his eyes. He is undeserving of you, it doesn't matter that he's the prince. Just because someone is royal doesn't mean that they're perfect."

"Anari I love him," Sansa replied. "I know he cares for me, he wouldn't have said those sweet words and gifted me with this necklace."

"I suspect his mother put him up to that," Anari scoffed. "Do you honestly think that he acted on his own accord to make it up to you? He refused to speak to you for days and a day after Ser Jaime attacks father all of a sudden he's apologizing? Does it not seem odd to you?"

Anari was putting the pieces together, and it all lined up too perfectly. In order to cause strife and to cause a rift between them, then what better way to do that than through Sansa? Certainly, Cersei could see that Sansa was a dreamer and that she would be less likely to fight against any plots so long as it meant she could marry Joffrey.

Anari could only hope that Sansa could see it too, that she was being used. She hated that Cersei seemed to be using her own sister against her and her family, and she disliked the fact that it had almost worked. However, from Sansa's expression, Anari could see that her attempts would be in vain.

So, instead of trying when it was clearly of no use, Anari changed topics. "Keep packing," Anari sighed. "We'll be on the road on the morrow." With that, Anari left Sansa's chambers and returned to her own to do her own packing. There was so much chaos, yet Anari couldn't wait to go home.

She longed to see her brothers and her mother. Perhaps it truly was for the best that the Wolves returned home.

~

Catelyn scoffed where she stood, having grown tired of Tyrion's antics. "Lord Tyrion, you are accused of hiring a man to slay my son Bran in his bed," she began. "And of conspiring to murder my sister's husband; Lord Jon Arryn, the Hand of the King."

"Oh, I'm very sorry," Tyrion replied. "I don't know anything about all that." While his tone was sarcastic, his words were true. He knew absolutely nothing about the attempt on Bran's life or about Jon Arryn's assassination. Why would he have the boy killed if he went through the trouble to create a special saddle for him so he could ride his horse again?

"You've had your little joke," Lysa snapped. "I trust you enjoyed it, Mord." She called. "Take him back to the dungeon, but this time find a smaller cell with a steeper floor." She smirked.

"Is this how justice is done in the Vale?" Tyrion questioned before he could be taken away again. He was frustrated and slightly surprised at how things were conducted. "You accuse me of crimes, I deny them, so you throw me in a cell to freeze and stave?" He asked. "Where is the King's Justice? I am accused and demand a trial."

Lysa and Catelyn withheld a sigh, however, Lysa wasn't through with him. "If you are tried and found guilty, then by the King's own laws, you will pay with your life."

"I understand the law," Tyrion smirked faintly. Finally, he would be free of this nonsense. While he knew Catelyn to be a smart woman, and he really held her no ill will at all, but this was so foolish. He had absolutely nothing to do with the crimes they accused him of.

If only they would take a moment and listen to him and believe his words. It was a shame that he had not had the chance to befriend Anari further. Had he been able too, then surely he could have used his relationship with her to help appease her mother and aunt.

No doubt that would have helped his case. However, he had no such relationship with Anari. They were barely even acquaintances. Should he come out of this alive, however, Tyrion still wished to pursue a friendship with the young woman.

"We have no executioner in the Eyrie," Lysa smirked. "Life is more elegant here." She turned her head to the men who stood near a crank. "Open the Moon Door."

They did as they were bid and opened the Moon Door. It was a large circle carved within the floor with stone barriers around it. Moving closer, Tyrion glanced down to see that it must have been several miles deep.

"You want a trial, my Lord Lannister," Lysa sneered. "Very well, my son will listen to whatever you have to say, and you will hear his judgment. Then, you will leave, by one door or the other."

Tyrion was not about to place his life within the hands of a child. Least of all a sickly one like Robin. He was much too eager the moment the Moon Door opened, so while the trial itself may be fair, Tyrion had doubts that he would walk out of his preferred door.

"No need to bother Lord Robin," Tyrion replied. "I demand a trial by combat." Subdued laughter filled the room as Catelyn and Lysa exchanged glances. They had hoped that he wouldn't demand such a thing, however, they knew the law.

"You have that right," Lysa agreed as men came forward to be her champion. However, the champion Tyrion named was not one the men and knights wanted to hear.

"I name my brother, Jaime Lannister."

"The Kingslayer is hundreds of miles from here," Lysa scoffed.

"Send a raven for him, I'm happy to wait," Tyrion smirked. He knew that his brother would come to his rescue. He also knew that there were very few, if any, that could take Jaime in a fight.

"The trial will be today," Lysa replied with a smirk of her own. Well, that certainly changed things.

~

Bran seemed to enjoy riding his horse again, and Robb couldn't be happier. He had shown Bran and Rickon Anari's letter, and he even shared the details with Theon as well. The young man chuckled at the remark she made about his bathing habits.

Anari had always treated Theon like a brother, and for that he was grateful. He sought out the approval of the Starks, and he was more than happy that many of them had more than accepted him. However, hearing about the rising conflict, Theon tried to advise Robb on what to do.

Though, he overstepped as Robb walked away to find Bran once he realized the boy was out of sight. After killing two Wildings and taking one prisoner, Robb was left worried about what was to come. Why in the Seven Hells would Wildings come this far South?

What were they so afraid of?

~

Ned kept his reactions minimal, however, his mind was working. If Ser Gregor truly was working under the orders of the Lannisters, then he must do something about it. This kind of action could not go unpunished.

He was silent as Lord Baelish and Maester Pycelle argued. "If the Lannisters were to order attacks on villages under the King's protection, it would be-"

"It would be almost as brazen as attacking the Hand of the King in the streets of the capital." Lord Baelish interrupted. The Grand Maester looked affronted, not only by his words but by his rudeness in interrupting him.

"Well," Having made up his mind, it was Ned who interrupted before they could go on. He looked directly at the people in front of him, knowing what needed to be done. This wasn't just about him and the Lannisters, this was also about the people.

While the Lannisters were set on retaliating, the common people were being caught in the middle, and Ned would not stand for that. "I cannot give you back your homes or restore your dead life," he began. "Though perhaps I can give you justice in the name of our King Robert." Ned inclined his head towards a man who stood not too far away. "Lod Beric Dondarrion,"

Beric was a skilled fighter and a good tactician. He was an honorable man, and he was loyal to whomever he served. Ned trusted him to carry out his order, knowing he would do his best not to fail.

"You shall have the command," he said. "Assemble one hundred men and ride to Ser Gregor's keep," Ned ordered. Beric nodded, his stern face betraying nothing of how he felt.

"As you command," Beric replied. With that, Ned stood from the throne, using his cane to brace his weight. Taking a few steps forward, Ned addressed the people once more.

"In the name of Robert of the House Baratheon, the First of his name, King of the Andals and the First men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, I charge you to bring the King's Justice to the false knight Gregor Clegane. I denounce him and attaint him, I strip him of all ranks and titles of all lands and holdings." The people who admired him looked on with pride, a few nodding their heads in agreement while Baelish and Pycelle looked on in bemusement. "I sentence him to death."

With that last statement, the Grand Maester rose. "My Lord, this... this is a drastic action," he spluttered. "It would be better to wait for King Robert's return."

"Grand Maester Pycelle," Ned said sternly. He was not swayed by his words, as he was determined to carry out this action. Justice needed to be dealt with those who would harm the innocent.

While he may not be a knight himself, Ned knew the oaths they took and the vows they made. Ser Gregor violated that, and he needed to be dealt with. There was also another matter; if Tywin Lannister was the one to order Ser Gregor, then he was equally to blame. Ned would not stand for this action and this threat against his wife.

"My Lord," Pycelle bowed faintly.

"Send a raven to Casterly Rock," he ordered. "Inform Tywin Lannister that he has been summoned to court to answer for the crimes of his bannermen," Ned may be new to this wicked game, but he was no fool. "He will arrive within the fortnight, or be branded an enemy of the crown and a traitor to the realm."

In the shadows of the throne room, Anari stood. She had originally hoped to speak with her father, but seeing as he was holding court and listening to the people. She didn't understand what was going on, however, her eyes widened at the notion of branding Tywin Lannister a traitor should he fail to answer Ned's summons.

It was such a harsh word, traitor, and not one well-received by anyone. Once branded a traitor, no matter the good deeds one has done, all they'll ever be seen as would be a traitor and would never be trusted again. Tywin Lannister was a powerful man, while Anari had never met him, she knew the stories.

He was not a man to cross.

Having heard enough, Anari left the room to head back to her chambers. Her mind ran wild with all sorts of thoughts. However, Anari knew better than to panic. She needed her wits about her and she needed to remain calm. Perhaps she would speak more in-depth with her father before the night ended so as she could learn more of what was going on.

Clearly, Anari didn't know everything. She could only hope that her father would be alright. Anari didn't know what she would do if anything were to happen to Ned, or to her sisters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 1.7K 25
Salem Stark took winterfell back from the Boltons, Jon arrived from the wall just in time to see his sister claiming their victory. Tormund took one...
126K 5.1K 47
"To run with the wolf was to run in the shadows, the dark ray of life, survival and instinct. A fierceness that was both proud and lonely, a tearing...
453K 15.7K 66
"I made a promise to protect you. Honor or not, that is one I intend to keep." - A story of a Lion and a Wolf, two beings brought together by the ver...
8.3K 237 4
Lyanna Stark lives and is married to Jaime Lannister after the rebellion. The rare pairing no one knew they needed. * The solemn, quiet girl he met t...