The Second Player [A Overlord...

By saltybot

[A OVERLORD FAN STORY] The popular DMMO-RPG YGGDRASIL servers finaly start to shut down after 12 years of ope... More

Chapter 1- Server shutdown
Chapter 2-New World, New Me
Chapter 4- Same Old Bar
Chapter 5- Carne Village
Chapter 6- My Time To Shine
Chapter 7- The First Of Many
Chapter 8- My Awkward Life
Chapter 9- Journey To The West
Chapter 10- Re-Estize
Chapter 11 -The Duties Of A Floor Guardian
Chapter 12-The Plan to Glory
Chapter 13- The First (Official) Quest
Chapter 14- The Witch
Update: A grand return
Chapter 15- Reactions to Decisions
Chapter 16- The Peoples New Hero
Chapter 17- Royalty For Regulars
Part 18: Troubling Matters
Chapter 19: Disagreements
Chapter 20: The Bloody Valkyrie
Chapter 21: The Beginning Of The End
Update: Back In Business!
Intermission-Forgotten
V2 chapter 1-While You Were Gone
V2 Chapter 2- Lizardmen Rising
V2 Chapter 3- Rallying Of The Lizards
V2 Chapter 4- The First Battle
V2 chapter 5- Royal Procession
V2 chapter 6- Fate of the Strong
Intermission- Runaway Property
V2 Chapter 7- Return to the Kingdom
V2 Chapter 8- Ruin Meets Rose
V2 chapter 9- The Butlers Secret
V2 Chapter 10- Stolen
V2 Chapter 11- The Fall Of Security
V2- Chapter 12- Preparations For The Battle
V2 Chapter 13-The Final Battle Of The Disturbance
Update- Whats Next?
Intermission: A Hero Rises

Chapter 3- The Guardians

24.6K 476 521
By saltybot

One by one the guardians entered the arena. It was quite fast after Shalltear arrived.

When Shalltear first entered, she bickered with Aura. I had so many questions, but I️ was having enough of a headache with the rest of this world so I just let them go.

Shalltear noticed me and Momonga standing in silence. She quickly changed her attitude and stopped her argument. She walked to us elegantly and bowed.

Shalltear: My lords Momonga and Sonus, it is an honor to see you both again!

I had mixed emotions about this.

She looked up at us. She was blushing. She acted somewhat like Albedo earlier. It freaked me out a little. Luckily, I️ didn't show it.

I️ didn't really know how to handle the situation, so I️ did what I️ thought a ruler would do.

Sonus: Uh, Yes. It is good to see you again as well, Shalltear.

I️ looked to Momonga for help, but he was looking down at her, probably thinking.

Shalltear continued to bow, I could tell she was expecting something.

What would a real ruler do?

I️n the heat of the moment, I️ decided to do something I saw in a show one time. I reached out to her and patted her head.

I️ paused after a second. This felt way too awkward. Where had I seen this before?!

What am I️ doing!?!?

I took my hand away from her head. She started to shake as I took my hand away. I could have sworn I saw her cheeks grow bright red.  Did I  break the AI?

I️ had no idea what was going on. I tried to turn to Momonga for help, but he gave me the stare of " what is wrong with you?"

As I️ was about to respond, I️ heard the sound of another gate opening.

The next person to enter was Albedo. She smiled as she walked up to Momonga and I️.

Albedo: The others shall arrive soon, my lords.

Almost as if on cue another gate opened a few seconds after. A huge blue insect-like a monster walked out.  His name was Cocytus. He was another floor guardian.  Cocytus had four arms, his left hands held a giant staff. His four eyes were completely blue so you could never tell where he was looking. He gave off a chilly feeling.  I could never forget a creature like that.

Cocytus: My. Masters. I️. Have. Arrived. As. Requested.

He took heavy breaks in between his words. I couldn't tell if that was in his programming or if it was because of his cold attributes.

The next gate to open was smaller then Cocytus's gate. The man who walked through looked normal, but wasn't exactly human.

He wore an orange business suit with a bright orange tie. He wore glasses and his hair was put up. He always had a thin smile on. His name was Demiurge.

Demiurge: Am I️ the last to arrive? No, we are still waiting.

He was right. There was one last guardian. I️ was confused at first, but slowly realized who it was. A gate opened to the right of us. It was about the size of Demiurge's gate.

Out walked another. They wore smooth metallic armor. The armor was a gray color. Antennas poked out of there back and flashed colors as he moved. They had only one red eye connected to only its neck. Their hands were behind there back as he walked towards us. It wasn't human. It was a machine.

Its eye was bright blue and unmoving, just like Cocytus. When it saw me, its face didn't change. It could not move his face to act surprised because it had no facial features. It could never show emotion. I️ knew the machine very well. It was one of my favorite  NPC's I️ had ever made.

Sonus: Verinx-01, welcome.

The robot bowed as I️ said his name.

Verinx: This unit is honored to be called here amongst the two greatest being in the tomb. Greetings lord Momonga. Hello, Creator.

I️ got chills as he spoke. His voice was mechanical, yet sounded human. A small hint of uneasiness filled me as he spoke. His voices sounded off in some way. 

Verinx: I️ am very grateful for you to stay with us again, creator. While you were gone, some started to get worried, but I️ always knew you would return. The math made sense.

Sonus: Uh, Yes. I️ would never leave this wonderful place for too long.

I️ had no idea what he talked about. Did they realize I️ hadn't played the game as much as I used to?

Verinx backed up to group up with the other guardians. One by one, they introduced themselves. I didn't pay the introductions much mind. They all bowed before us. Albedo bowed in front of them all. Ainz was the first of us to speak.

Momonga: Raise your heads.

The mood suddenly changed as a dark Aura grew around him, just like with me and my mist.

Momonga: You all did well to gather here, thankyou.

The guardians raised there heads as if confused. Albedo was the first to speak.

Albedo: Your thanks is wasted upon us. We all have pledged loyalty to the supreme beings. We vow to work hard and live up to your expectations.

They all agreed in unison. Ainz opened his jaw wide open. I though he was going to be in shock again, but he spoke instead.

Momonga: Wonderful, Guardians! I am confident you will all be able to continue your duties without fail.

They all seemed happy as he spoke. I felt the presence of someone new enter the arena. I turned my head and saw Sebas walking in through the gates. He bowed to me as I saw him. Momonga spoke to him.

Momonga: Sebas, What is the situation like outside?

Sebas: The tomb appears to have been teleported to unknown grassland.

Momonga: Grasslands?

Sebas: Yes. It is completely different from Nazaricks swamps that used to surround the great tomb. I could not confirm a single human being, monster, or building nearby.

Momonga: Good work, Sebas. It seems Nazarick has been teleported to an unknown land. Floor guardian Albedo, and Defensive leader Demiurge Make a strong information sharing system to all of Nazarick.

They both nodded in unison.

Momonga: Now then, Mare. Is there a way to conceal the great tomb of Nazarick?

Mare: I️ may be able to cover the walls with dirt using magic....

Albedo spoke up for a moment.

Albedo: You want to smear the Great Tomb of Nazaricks walls with dirt?

Momonga: Albedo, that's enough.

Albedo: I️ am truly sorry, lord Momonga.

Momonga: Well, anyways, do what you can to conceal the great tomb. There may be threats we have no idea of waiting to strike.

Momonga was quiet for a moment, then spoke again.

Momonga: It would look terrible if it was one random mound in the grassland. Make smaller mounds of varying sizes to surround the tomb and make it look more natural."

Mare nodded and smiled.

Momonga: Now, one last thing, floor guardians. I wish to know what you think of us.

I realized I hadn't said a word at this meeting yet, so I butted in before they could speak.

Sonus: Ah, Yes. What kind of People are we to you?

The guardians were quiet for a moment before they spoke. Shalltear spoke first.

Shalltear: You are the most beautiful beings in the whole world, the crystallization of beauty.

Cocytus spoke next.

Cocytus: BOTH OF YOU ARE STRONGER THEN ALL THE GUARDIANS. YOU ARE WORTHY TO BE CALLED SUPREME BEINGS.

Then Aura spoke.

Aura: Merciful leaders who rule with foresight.

Then Mare.

Mare: Very kind people.

Verinx, my creation spoke next.

Verinx: This unit sees both of the beings in front of it as gods. They can do what they desire with the movement of a body part. This unit would be "Amazed" if it had emotions.

Demiurge was next.

Demiurge: Beings who make wise decisions and act upon them efficiently. Beings that fit the word "Inscrutable".

Second, to last was Sebas.

Sebas: The two most powerful of the Supreme ones and the rulers of Nazarick. The most merciful of the supreme ones, who stayed with us until the end.

Last, but certainly not least, was Albedo.

Albedo: The two most high ranking of supreme beings. Lord Sonus, the shadow. And Lord Momonga, the ruler of all of us and the one I love!

I turned to Momonga with a grin. Although he couldn't see my smile under the mist, He still seemed focused on the task ahead of us. I wanted to poke fun a little, but that would have to wait.

Momonga: I see.

Momonga spoke with a calm tone.

Momonga: Continue working faithfully in our names!

In that instant, he grabbed my robe and we vanished.

The next thing I knew we were in a hallway somewhere in Nazarick. It was hard to tell because the hallways all looked the same. I saw Momonga pressed against the wall, his hand against his face.

Momonga: whats with there glorious views of us?

I smiled.

Sonus: someone has a bit of a crush on you.....

Momonga: Don't remind me! I feel bad enough about tainting Tabulas NPC already.......

I looked down the hallway. If I remembered correctly, there was a bar somewhere down there. I wondered if it actually served good drinks now. Besides, if I was going the wrong way, this was a good excuse to try to relearn the layout of the tomb.

Sonus: Well, I'm gonna go explore. Its been a while since I've been in the Tomb and I want to check out this new body of mine.

Momonga: Fine, i'm going to go check out my powers as well. Well, actually-

Before Momonga could refuse, I cast a spell. "Mist walk." It was a spell only my race could use. It helped travel long distances in a few moments. My body vanished as it was turned into gas. I flew close to the ground and flew down the hallways a huge gaseous form. I could have sworn I heard Momonga say "wait!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guardians Knelled until both of the Supreme being were gone. They had vanished into thin air. They had waited a few seconds before standing again. They immediately started to talk to each other.

Mare: That was really scary........

Aura: Seriously, I though we was going to be squashed by the pressure!

Cocytus: TO THINK THEY WOULD BE THAT AMAZING......

Albedo: So that is lord Momonga's true power......

Demiurge was still knelling. He just now stood up as the Supreme Beings left.

Demiurge: So it would seem.

Cocytus: IT SEEMS THEY ANSWERED OUR VOW TO FIDELITY.

Verinx: This unit is amazed at the pressure exerted off the Supreme Ones. The amount of energy was nearly at maximum capacity.

Aura: They were completely different when he was with me and Mare. Lord Momonga even gave us drinks! He was super kind!

Mare: So that's what he's like when he stands as a ruler!

Albedo: Its just as you say! He responded to our feelings and acted just as an absolute ruler should! As expected of the supreme one!

Verinx: This unit believes you mean to say " Ones".  This ones creator also stood above us all, next to Lord Momongas side.

Aura: Yes, but Lord Momongas Power was truly great! I wonder why Lord Sonus concealed his power? I only felt a fraction of what it should be.

Demiurge: I️ believe it was not to overwhelm us. That much might at one time could be dangerous.

They all chatted for a moment before Sebas stood. He had still been kneeling all this time.

Sebas: I️ believe I should go. Wherever either of the lords went, I must be by there side.

Albedo: If you find lord Momonga and he summons me, contact me immediately Sebas!

Sebas: I️ understand, I will summon you if he calls.

Sebas walked towards the gates of the arena and left. Everyone had just started to notice that Shalltear had been kneeling this entire time and still was. Demiurge was the first to notice.

Demiurge: I something wrong Shalltear?

Cocytus: WHAT IS IT SHALLTEAR? ARE YOU HURT?

Shalltear: The mere presence of the two supreme being's excited me so much, that my underwear has gone through a bit of a crisis.

She said all this with a smile on her face. Albedo clearly did not like this.

Albedo: You bitch.

Shalltear: What? We just received so much of Lord Momonga and Lord Sonus's energy. We got such a reward! A girl who doesn't get wet from something like that is crazy!

Verinx, who stood in between them, backed up slowly until he stood next to Cocytus and Demiurge.

Verinx: This unit senses the sexual tension and has backed away to a safe area. 85% chance of destruction.

While Albedo and Shalltear started to bicker, The other guardians slowly started to leave.

Demiurge: Well, Aura I'll leave the issues of Women to Women.

Aura: Wait for Demiurge, Are you planning on making me take care of this?!

Demiurge: If something happens, I'll intervene.

Demiurge walked away. Mare, Cocytus, and even Verinx followed him.

Cocytus: Is. This. really. Something. To. Fight. Over?

Demiurge, Cocytus, Mare, And Verinx started to speak to each other away from the girls.

Demiurge: Personally, I'd be interested in the result.

Mare: what?

Demiurge: It would be very beneficial to Nazaricks forces to have an heir in case the Supreme ones do end up leaving again.

Verinx: This one's creator has returned. It will try its best to make him stay.

Demiurge: Yes, we all will, but in case of the worst, wouldn't it be best to have an heir?

Cocytus: WHAT KIND OF BLASPHEMY ARE YOU SPOUTING?!

Demiurge: wouldn't it be great to pledge ourselves to one of there decedents too?

Cocytus: HM. THAT WOULD BE NICE, NO A WONDERFUL SOLUTION!

Cocytus muttered to himself as he fantasized about heirs.

Demiurge: By the way Mare, Why are you dressed as a girl?

Mare: This is what my creator chose for me. I believe she called it cross-dressing.

Demiurge: Hm. It may be good to know more about this and bring it into Nazarick....

Verinx: Effective rate 45%

Demiurge: Just an idea. Now then, Cocytus, come back to reality, please.

Cocytus: YES, I APOLOGIZE.

Demiurge: Albedo!  Shalltear! Are you both still fighting?

Aura: They both finished fighting. Right now there-

Shalltear: Were deciding on who will get which supreme one. Albedo will have Lord Momonga, while I will have Lord Sonus!

Both Shalltear and Albedo blushed as she spoke those words.

Demiurge: That is a very interesting matter. but will you give us your orders first?

Albedo; Of course, Shalltear, we shall finish this conversation another time. Now then-

Out of nowhere, A small, purple gas floated into the arena. It floated past everyone and right between Shalltear and Albedo.  The purple gas had two lime green eyes. They were turned at an edge so it looked like it was ominous.

Small cloud: Lord Sonus requests Shalltear Bloodfallen's  presence in the Great Tombs 9th floor Bar. Please arrive within ten minutes.

The form evaporated after the message.

Albedo: Well Shalltear, you have your orders.

Albedo looked annoyed.

Shalltear: Why has he called me so soon after the meeting do you think? perhaps he misses me already?

Cocytus: YOU MUST GO IMMEDIATELY TO FIND OUT.

Shalltear: Of course!

She quickly opened a portal and left the arena.

Albedo; Now, everyone else, here are your orders......

Albedo gave the orders to everyone and they were off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 53 13
In the aftermath of the fighting in the Holy Kingdom, after Ainz makes his way back to Nazarick, the Slane Theocracy makes its move. Thus far, they...
55.1K 1.3K 17
As the Countdown of Yggdrasil's Termination starts ticking down. So does the life of a terminally ill girl, whose parents are members of Ainz Ooal G...
28.1K 747 12
When YGGDRASIL closed is servers, the famous guild of Ainz Ooal Gown is sent to another world (as the original story suggested). Little did they know...
80K 1.5K 17
The assistant guild master of Ainz Ooal Gown, Gilgamesh, finds himself in a not so strange new world. Will he stay neutral, or will he try to conquer...