In The Alpha's Basement

By SFiguess

Raven was just a young girl when the unthinkable happened. There she was, sitting on a rock in the sunny fore... More

In The Alpha's Basement
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 2

35.4K 729 71
By SFiguess

I was gaining consciousness. I was used to sleeping on a hard floor, but right now I was on a soft warm bed. I sniffed the air a bit, the smell was not one that I recognized.

I tried to open my eyes to see where I was. It was hard to do so, because I was so tired. I expected to have an aching head and body, but instead I just felt numb. That's right, I couldn't feel my body.

My eyes struggled to stay open. I could make out basic shapes, white walls, monitors, needle's poking my skin.

Why was I in a hospital? Usually Julian let me heal on my own. My werewolf gene sped up the healing. So why take me to a hospital?

Using all my strength, I moved my head to the side. Julian was on the chair with his head in his hands. He looked... worried? For me? No... that's impossible. He hated me. He was probably just worried that I would stay in the hospital for a long time, meaning that he'd have to wait to torture me again.

I didn't want to rest, I wanted to stay awake long enough to make an escape plan. But my body betrayed me as my eyes closed shut and I started to dream.

"Raven! Wake up!"

"Hmm... no." I replied, sleepily. I needed 10 more minutes.

"Your mother and I will have to leave you on the train if you don't wake up." I heard my father say. Leave me on the train? What did he mean by a train? Oh! Yes that's right, we were visiting Aunt Trisha so we took the train as our transportation.

I got up, yawning. I blinked a few times to straighten out my vision.

Mom was already grabbing her purse and dad was walking out into the train's aisle. "Are we there yet?" I asked her.

She laughed. "No, this is just a stop. The train is staying here for two hours and the passengers are allowed to go out into Northwright. Your father and I decided to check out some places here. Maybe get some fast food."

"Cool." I replied. I followed my mother out of the train. The weather was beautiful, the sun was out. We met my father who was sitting on one of the benches.

"Where to?" I asked them.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm hungry! How 'bout we head to McDonald's?" My mother said.

"I'm hungry too." I said. My father looked at us both and smiled.

"Okay let's go." He said. I hooked my arm around my moms when we started walking. She gave me a beaming smile.

One of the perks of being a werewolf was that walking for long periods of times, was easy. If we were humans, we'd be panting for breaths right now.

We entered McDonald's and took a seat. My dad ordered the usual for us while me and mom sat on the tables and talked. She asked me about school, friends, and anything else that was going on in my life. Minutes later, the topic came to mates.

"I'm hoping you might your mate when we get to Aunt Trisha's." My mom told me. Most werewolves found their mates at the age of sixteen. I was one year late. My mom said finding a mate was good for me, and she couldn't wait till I found mine. She wanted the best for me.

"Maybe I will, we know that he's not in our pack, so he's somewhere out there." I replied. When I didn't find my mate, the Alpha of our pack rounded up all of the guys in the packs and made me meet all of them, to see if they were my mate. Sadly, none of them were.

I wanted a mate really badly. I saw all my friends with their mates. It got me quite jealous sometimes. They always had each other, and sometimes it felt like I had no one.

I wanted somebody who could hold me. Who could cherish me and tell me everything's going to be alright when times are tough. I wanted my mate.

Dad came with our food and we all ate. We talked about Aunt Trisha's home and all the places we could visit when we went to her.

My parents and I got along very well. They were like my best friends. I had no siblings either, so the only people I could talk to in my family were my parents. My mom looked a lot like me. We had the same light brown hair and blue eyes. My dad had blonde hair and his eyes were a bright green.

Mom's purse was on the table and I saw the corner of my diary peeking out from it. I told mom to keep it in her purse when we were on the train. Nobody could enter my diary because it had a lock on it. I wrote everything inside my diary. I started when I was ten and I haven't stopped since.

I should probably write what happened so far in it right now, I thought. Why not? But I needed a quiet place. Maybe I could go into the woods that I saw while we were walking?

"Guy's can I go explore the woods? I need to do some writing." I told them, hoping that they would give me permission.

My mom started to object, but my dad cut her off. "Sure Raven, Just-"

"Be safe, I know." I smiled.

"If any danger comes, shift immediately." Mom told me.

"Okay." I replied. I grabbed the diary and headed out the door. I wanted to shift but I couldn't ruin the clothes and I couldn't carry them and the diary in my mouth if I shifted. I walked to the forest.

As I entered, I smelt the damp dirt and something else that was mixed in it. What was it? It smelt masculine and... heavenly. I recognized it as a werewolf scent but it was something else too. There's probably another werewolf in the forest.

I shrugged it off and started walking. After a while I came into a opening. The grass was greener here and I made out a swing set and a slide that was located in the middle of the opening. This was some sort of a park. But why was it all the way in the forest? Maybe it was a park for the little pups in this area? Maybe.

There were no other people around, which I found strange.

I found a bench to sit on. Instantly, I started writing in my diary. I wrote about my experience so far, my thoughts and my feelings.

Snap.

I frowned. What was that? I turned around to see... nothing. No one was there. But I was sure I heard the sound of a foot snapping a branch on the ground.

I wanted to continue writing but I couldn't just leave it alone. Mom and dad always taught me to be cautious. If something seemed wrong, I would have to investigate.

I locked my diary and slipped the key in my front pocket. Time to see if somebody was in the forest, possibly watching me.

I sniffed the air again and practically moaned when the sweet scent came to my nose. There it was again. What kind of a werewolf can smell so amazing?

Wait... the scent seems closer this time. How close is this werewolf? I decided to find out. I ran to where I heard the twig snap.

Suddenly my hands were grabbed and restrained behind my back. Oh my god. I tried to scream but a hand clasped on my mouth.

Fire. I felt like I was on fire. My back was pressed on somebody's chest... a male chest. He was sending tingles all over my body. They didn't even feel like tingles, more like lightning. It felt... good.

Danger! My mind alerted me. I was just standing there enduring the feelings this man was giving me. How stupid am I?

No matter how much I just wanted to stand there, I had to go. I started thrashing around, trying to make him let go of me.

No luck. His grip was firm and I could hardly move an inch. Panic seeped through me. Oh god, what if he tried to kill me? I couldn't die yet!

I tried once again to get out of his grip. I tried kneeing him in his groin but it didn't work because he moved out of the way. My screams were getting muffled by his rough hand. I bit him once, and he let go. But before I could do something, his other hand was on my mouth, and even tighter so I couldn't open my mouth to bite him.

"Shh, If you stop moving I'll let go of you. All I want to do is talk." He whispered huskily. But If he wanted to talk to me, then why'd he grab me!

I hesitantly nodded my head and he let go. I rapidly turned around to smack the hell out of him, but I froze.

Literally froze.

His eyes were gray. A piercing gray that made me think of moonlight and darkness. His deep gray eyes complimented his clear, tanned skin that had slight stubble. His lips turned slowly into a smirk. His black hair was raised up slightly. He wore black jeans and a black shirt that defined his obvious muscles.

I felt like an absolute idiot staring at him, when I could obviously be running away from him. 

I could also feel power radiating off of him in waves. It was clear that he was the Alpha of a pack. A powerful one, at that.

I gazed at him lustfully, as if I was in a trance. My wolf kept on howling over and over, like she found something she was looking for. I could sense she was happy, this was what she wanted all along.

"Mate..." I whispered. I didn't feel scared anymore. He was my mate, he'd never hurt me, no matter what.

"Yes... mates." He said with a deep voice. He frowned a little bit. Why is he frowning? Did I do something wrong? What if he doesn't like me? I waited for this day since forever and it was finally here. I was overflowing with happiness. If he didn't want me, I would feel so ruined.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, hoping that he wouldn't reject me or anything.

Slowly, he started laughing. It wasn't a happy laugh, I realized. It sounded... menacing. He scanned me up and down, taking my features in.

In a second, he whisked one arm around my waist and pulled me to him. I felt tingles once again where he touched me with his arm. He stared down at my lips. I wanted him to kiss me. I wanted him to take my first kiss.

But then he looked into my eyes and glared. I felt my heart breaking. Just as I opened my mouth to speak, he started talking.

"I don't need a mate, in fact, I don't want one. Especially you. They ruin everything. Which is why I need to keep my eyes on you. Now you can come with me willingly or I can just take you without consent. Your choice." He said.

My eyes widened and I felt tears forming. He wanted to... wanted to kidnap me? No! I couldn't let this happen. I managed to push him away this time, and I sprinted away. I have to get to mom and dad! They'd keep me safe. 

Behind me I could hear him laugh loudly as he ran after me. What did I do to deserve such a mate? He's not supposed to reject or kidnap me. Alpha's don't do that! Especially not mates! I'd heard of cases where mates didn't want their signifant other, but they usually left them alone, not freaking kidnapped them. Was I just an object to him?

I ran through the forest, confused out of my mind. What was his intentions? Why was he doing this? If he didn't want to be with me then why didn't he just leave me alone! 

I sprinted through the forest with adrenaline gushing in my veins. My body was shaking with pure terror as I entered the forest and got ready to shift. Screw my clothes and diary, I'd rather save my life then a few objects.

My breath left my lungs as I was viciously pushed to the ground by no other then my mate. I fell back face first into the dirt. My temples hit the hard ground and I let out a little scream.

Before I could get up he threw himself on me, making sure that I couldn't get up.

He straddled me on the ground. I screamed and cried, begging for him to let go. 

"I swear I'll leave you alone! Please just let me go! I won't tell anybody you did this..." I trailed off. Tears rolled down my cheek and onto my neck. I pushed his chest using all the strength I had left, but he still didn't budge. Instead, he grabbed both my wrists with one hand and pinned them above my head. That left me squirming underneath him to get away, which was no use either.

He was rummaging his pockets, looking for something. He smiled when he pulled a black tube like thing from his pocket. He opened the tube and took out one needle that glistened in the misty air.

"No please. Stop! You're my mate! Don't do this to me!" I shrieked. I yelled more and more, hoping to get the attention of somebody. Somebody had to be by! A person walking there dog? People camping? 

He brought the needle closer to my arm. It had some sort of neon green liquid inside. No, no, no! Get it away from me!

I let out another blood-curdling scream as he violently plunged the needle into my arm. The neon green liquid scorched inside my veins.

After minutes of screaming and tears pouring down my cheeks, I finally passed out.

I don't know why I dreamt of that specific dream. Ever since he kidnapped me I never had that dream before.

My parent's. I missed them so much. Who knows what happened when they found out I was kidnapped. They probably broke down. I wanted to see them again, but I knew I couldn't. I was damned.

It disgusted me how naive I was before. I used to think the world was just this simple and nice place. I didn't know about the evil lurking in the shadows. I remember how I wanted Julian to hold me and kiss me.

The very thought made me cringe.

"She's awake!" I heard a very cheery voice say. This time I could fully open my eyes without struggle. They must've stopped drugging me.

I could tell that I was fully healed, that was a good thing. I never liked waking up and feeling like all my bones were broken.

In front of me was a doctor in a white coat. Beside her was Julian. They were both staring at me and waiting for me to do something.

I sat up to put distance between Julian and I. "Get away from me." I yelled, hoping that they would go away and leave me. I felt traumatized by the dream, it was like my kidnapping happened all over again. I wanted to be alone with my thoughts.

"Don't worry hun, it's just us." The doctor said smiling. I looked at Julian and he didn't say a word. He woudn't let anybody talk to me. He once told me I didn't deserve a social life. So why he was letting the doctor call me "hun" really confused me.

"You're in the pack hospital. I helped you get all fixed up after your incident." She told me. I nodded. I didn't want to speak to this woman.

It was odd but refreshing to be somewhere else other then the basement, even if it was a hospital. I loved it. I savoured the tiny feeling of being free.

"I just need to run some tests and then you can go back to... back to... um, where you came from?" She said, nervously. It was painfully obvious that she wanted to avoid saying "go back to the basement".

"Back to the basement?" I said for her. I wanted to see her reaction, I wanted to see her squirm under her skin.

She frowned and said "yes." The doctor looked ashamed and worried. If she was so worried then she should do something about it. Why wouldn't anybody help me?

The doctor inserted a needle inside me. I flinched because it reminded me when Julian first drugged me. I later found out that the neon green liquid was specially made for werewolves. It made them sleep and it stopped them from shifting for some hours.

I kept looking back to Julian once in a while, and always his face was blank. I wondered why. He usually smiled sadistically at me. Whatever it was, I was not going to ask. No doubt I'd get punished later for speaking to him without his permission. 

I laid back down while she took some blood tests. Why would she take my blood in the first place? All I had were injuries, and she wouldn't take a blood test to see if I had anything in my blood because werewolves didn't get diseases.

I had so many questions, but nobody would answer them.

2 chapters in one day! You guys are lucky that I have no life! ;) Nah I'm just joking, I was free all day and decided to upload more chapters. Anyways, comment, vote and fan for more :) And if you want, you can check out my other story on here, Dying and Dead. It's both a thriller and horror. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 6.7K 38
"I want you." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me." Slowly...
28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
690K 15.7K 37
19 year old werewolf, Madeline Night has never had life handed to her. When her parents left her at the young age of 7 she learned quickly that she w...
12.3M 8.4K 2
"And then he breaks. An outburst of broken sobs, as my mate let out the saddest cries I've ever heard. He shook and trembled, clinging onto me for d...