No Matter What, APH

By RecapturetheOld

Spain and Romano make a promise, but Romano is still worried about being to much of a burden. But thinking s... More

Promise!
I'm...Big...?
Torero for a Day!

No Matter What, APH

762 22 9
By RecapturetheOld

It was just an ordinary day in what seemed to be an ordinary house. But it was far from ordinary, it was actually quite...not ordinary.

9:32(pm)....someone comes home from his work...

"ROMANO!!!!!" A tall spaniard shouted out as he stood in front of a colossal mess. "I thought I told you to clean! This doesn't look clean at all!!!"

A small child just slowly looked over at him, "I tried to clean but the stoopid book'a shelf kept knocking stuff over..."

"How could the bookshelf knock all this junk on the floor? The bookshelf isn't even in this room!"

".........Did you just want me to clean in this room?....oops...." The man just sighed, this sort of thing happened daily. What worried him more is the queen....She practically hated Romano and was always nagging to spain about wanting to get rid of him. Spain was knocked out of his worrisome thoughts by Romano, who was tugging on the bottom of his pants.

"Spain...Did you bring me any tomatoes?" His tone of voice was softer then normal, and to Spain, he looked even more adorable.

He softly smiled, "Si~" Spain couldn't help himself, Romano was just so adorable and precious to him. He handed him a big plump juicy tomato, which Romano quickly grabbed and walked off with the delicious fruit. After he left, Spain just looked at the completely trashed room, knowing in the back of his mind there was another room waiting to get cleaned. Why did Romano hate him so much? He loved him more then anybody ever would, but, Romano still pushed him away. No matter what though, Spain was determined to love and care for him. No matter what!

After Spain was done cleaning up his house, he went in search of Romano. He found him passed out on his bed, sprawled out in a curious position. Antonio chuckled, no matter what Romano did he was still so adorable. Spain was going to move him to his own bed, but was so tired from all the massive cleaning he did, he just left him there. It was about 11:16, so Spain changed into his boxers, got into bed, and snuggled up close up to Romano.

8:25, Saturday, way to early for Spain.

"Spain, breakfast..........Spain.........b-r-e-a-k-f-a-s-t......SPAIN BREAKFAST!!!!!" Romano was talking directly into antonio's ear, making the last call extremely painful. He shot straight up from his sleep, making painful contact with his and romano's forehead.

"Awwwhaa!!!" They both shouted at the same time, both gripping their foreheads. Since Spain was older and had a thicker skull, it hurt Romano way more then him. Tears started to form in his eyes, annoyance and shock written all over his face.

"L-l-lOOK WHAT YOU'A DID S-SPAIN!!!" Romano gripped his head, tears slowly running down his face. Spain was slow in the mornings, but was still able to see what had happened and what needed to be done. He brought Romano close to him and started to calm him. Both boys sucked at getting up in the morning. That's actually the main reason why Romano was extra moody, because he was tired and hungry. Romano's head really hurt, but he soon noticed that Spain was hugging and holding him, so he quickly pushed him away.

"I'm fine you jerk'a......now make me breakfast..." Spain nodded a solemn 'yes' and got up out of bed. He trudged to the kitchen, with Romano following slowly behind, and opened the pantry.

"So, what would you like Romano?"

"Tomatoes?"

"Si, but that doesn't count as a good breakfast mi chico.~ Why not something else?...like, Spanish rice?"

"But I don't want Spanish rice'a, I want tomatoes...."

"Yeah know there are tomatoes in Spanish rice."

"......fine....if I HAVE to have'a the rice...put extra tomatoes in there..." Spain just chuckled. Tomatoes were Romano's favourite, which is weird because usually kids his age hated health stuff like that. Romano left Spain to his cooking and went outside to play.

Spain actually had a very big beautiful backyard, which was perfect to explore and ruin things in. Romano ran around kicking rocks, stepping on unsuspecting plants, and annoyed the crap out of some frogs. He knew Spain wouldn't mind because Spain actually planted the whole garden for him and his rough housing. Romano stopped playing for a minute, and just stood there in he middle of the garden.

"...Why does Spain care about me this much?" Romano thought to himself, "All I do is make life horrible for him....why would Spain like me no matter what I did if he doesn't gain anything from it?" All of a sudden he heard Spain call from the house that the food was done. Romano ran as fast as his small legs could take him, he wanted tomatoes and nothing was going to stop him. He got in the house and almost knocked Spain off his feet, but he managed to grab onto his shoulder before he could get away.

"Whoaaa, slow slow down there!!! You might break something!" Spain chuckled as Romano let out a annoyed sigh. Antonio handed him a bowl of steaming rice, which the child took quickly.

"Grazie la Espania." Romano smiled and went to go sit down at the table. Spain got some for himself and sat down next to Romano. They ate in silence. But after they were done Spain noticed something...

"Oh Romano! You have a big bruise on your forehead! It's probably from this morning...are you alright? Does it hurt?" Romano looked up, attempting to see what spain was talking about, but it only hurt his eyes.

"What are you talking about?!" He felt around his forehead, which stung when he touched it. He cringed and let out a painful childish sound. Romano was about to start yelling at Spain for what he had done, but when he scowled it hurt his head even more. So he just gave up with trying to be mad.

"Would you like me to put some cream on it?"

"Si...." He tried to reply as calmly as possible. Spain picked him up, carried him to the bathroom, and set him on the counter. Romano sat there quietly as Spain searched for the special cream that made things better. He didn't know how it worked, he just knew it worked and that was it. Spain opened up the bottle and put a dollop on the tip of his finger. He then began softly dabbing it on the child's forehead, which made Romano jump a little, probably because it was so cold and because his bruise stung. "Be careful Spain, that hurts!" S.Italy moaned. "Don't worry mi chico, I'm being careful." Spain said, having full focus on treating Romano, yet he still had a soft, kind expression. A few minutes passed, before Spain actually covered the whole bruise. During that time, Romano was still trying to see his forehead and how bad it was.

"There! All better!" As soon as he said that Romano tried to feel his bruise again, but Spain stopped him. "No don't touch it!!! If you do the cream will just smear off and it won't heal." Romano frowned. He wanted to feel it, and he figured since it was his forehead he could do anything he wanted to it. So he tried to do it again, only to be stopped by Spain.

"What did I just say?!......Mmmm.......I guess I'll have to do this then..." Spain reached into a drawer and pulled out some white cotton bandages.

"IS IT REALLY THAT BAD!?!?!?" S.Italy started to get nervous, after all, it was just a bruise.

"Haha, no but I can't have you messing with the cream I put on so I'm gunna put this on to protect it." Spain taped the bandage on his forehead and quickly kissed it. Romano blushed and was going to rub it off, but remembered the pain wasn't worth it. He mumbled something incoherent as Spain lifted him off the counter and placed him on the floor.

They wondered out to the living room and sat down on the couch. Saturdays were kind of boring for them. To begin with anyway...

"Oi, Spain?...."

"Si, mi Chico?"

"Do I need to clean today?..."

Spain laughed under his breath, "No, Romano, you don't have to clean today..." Antonio said while ruffling S.italy's hair.

Romano let out a sigh of relief, "Good, cause I don't want to...." Spain chuckled.

"Then what would you like to do?" Romano perplexed.

"I guess if we have to do something we can go over to Austria's house..." Spain perked up.

"Si, Si!!! That's an awesome idea Romano!!!" Spain grabbed Romano by the stomach and ran out the door, surprising the crap out of Romano. Mr. Austria didn't live to far from Spain's house.

Austria was playing the piano with chibitalia when Spain knocked on the door. Since Hungary was busy doing something in a different part of the house, Austria had to answer the door himself. He got up from the piano, very irritated he got interrupted, and opened the door.

"Hel-"

"HOLA AUSTRIA!!! Romano and I thought we'd stop in for a visit!"

".......okay.....come in I guess." Austria got out of the way so the two could come in. After everyone was inside the house, chibitalia came out to see what was going on.

"Mr. Austria, whose here?" He squeaked out, probably a little afraid to ask. As soon as Spain saw Chibitalia he quickly put Romano down and started running towards him. With the biggest idiotic smile he could possible give, he scooped up chibitalia, who was indeed shocked. N. Italy was a little bit scared for a few moments, but after he figured out who it was who was holding him he get just as excited.

"AH~! Hola señor Spain! Did'a you come to visit for awhile?" Romano stood next to Roderich, both with the same bored and annoyed look on their face.

"Ha-ha, well we're just going to be here for today. Sorry Chico."

"Awwww..."

"Yes well, I'm quite busy at the moment so I'm afraid you three will have to enjoy yourselves without me." Spain put chibitalia down, "awww, if you really have to....Hey, maybe I can help you, what are you doing?"

"Tuning my piano." 

"Can I help?" 

"...D-do you even know how?" 

"...I know how to tune my guitar, does that count?"  

"No...but you can come anyway if you want." Spain happily followed Roderich, but before he left ,he turned back to the two boys, "Romanoooo~ play nice okay?" S.Italy nodded, mumbling something only he could hear. After the grown-ups left the room, the brothers stood there in complete silence.  

"Oh! Brother, your head! What happened?

"It's none of your business!...I want to know where dat creepy boy you're always with'a is..." 

"Ah! Holy Rome'a isn't creepy! And how would you know, you don't spend time with him like me'a!" 

"Well he looks'a creepy to me...but where is he? I got to'a make sure he isn't a jerk face." 

"Uhm...I think his'a sleeping...but he isn'ta jerk, Romano! He's nice!" Chibitalia weakly pleaded with his brother, but he went in search for Holy Roman Empire's room any way.

Austria was playing various keys, trying to see if he got the sound just right. Spain just sat on the bench next to him, looking completely and utterly bored. They had the doors shut so no one out side the room could hear them, unless they tried really hard. Some of the notes Roderich played actually hurt Spain's ears, but only him because Austria was use to what he called, 'the glorious vibrations'. Spain tried to change the boring subject several times, but Austria hated to be interrupted. So they just sat there, completely surrounded by the ringing of the notes.........until.......

"AHHHHHH!!?!?!?!!" A loud scream came from a couple doors down, totally disrupting austria's concentration.  

"What was that!?" 

Silence. 

"Austria?...Sh-shouldn't we at least check it out!?" Roderich sat on the bench with a look of horror on his face. He had been interrupted, AGAIN! When he finally recollected his sanity, he stood up, and walked to the grand doors that led out. Spain quickly followed,"Hey, HEY! Wait for meeee!!!!!"

It took them a little bit to find the room the kids were all in, but Spain was checking all the rooms, so it didn't take as long as it could have. When they finally found them, they saw Romano and Holy Rome at each other's throats, with scared chibitalia trying to make them stop. 

"Guys, please'a stop! You'll hurt each'a other!" 

"Shut up Veneziano, This jerk hole needs to be taught'a lesson!" 

"Me?! You're the jerk here'a! You jumped on me in my'a sleep and started cursing at me in Italian!!!" 

"That's EXACTLY what'a jerk would say, so you MUST'A be one!!!!" 

"HEY!!! Knock it off you guys!!!" Spain pulled Romano away from Holy Rome, with him kicking and trying to get Spain to let go. Roman Empire just sat there with a victorious look on his face, sticking his tongue out at Romano.  

S. Italy was fuming, "Romano, calm down!!!" Spain ordered in a whiny tone of voice, struggling to hold on to him. 

"B-uhh," Romano struggled to get out of Spain's lap, "Aghhh!!! But he's such'a arrogant jerk'a face!!! LET ME BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HIM!!!!" 

"Nooooo, please don't big brother!!!" 

"But I- Aghhh!" Romano was still trying so hard to get out of Spain's arms, but that only made Spain squeeze tighter. 

"Ha-ha~! Not so tough now, huh jerk?" 

"Holy Rome'a! Please, stop! You're'a making it worse!" Chibtalia whined. 

"Romano, stop it!!!! JUST SIT STILL!!!" Spain finally just squeezed him enough that Romano couldn't even protest. After he saw that Romano finally gave up kicking and arguing, he loosened his arms. 

"Haa, alright. So what started all of this?" Spain glared looked down at Romano.  

"Why are you looking at me!? Why do you always assume it's my fault?!" 

"Because you jumped on a sleeping child, I'm asking why." 

"Like I would tell'a you!" And with that Romano caught Spain off guard and jumped out of his lap, running out of the room. HRE had his arms crossed and was glaring daggers at the door Romano ran out of.  

"Ay!!! Romano come back!!!!" Spain jumped up out of his spot and dash out of the room after Romano. Spain didn't know which way he went, so he just ran in the first direction that came to mind. Which was left. Which, didn't matter anyway, because he was long gone, 'Lost' in the garden behind Austria's house. Which is something he would never, ever, admit.

Romano stopped running after he realized he was deep in a, rather large, garden. Of course to him it looked more like a jungle. Mainly because he couldn't see over any of the tall plants that toward over him. His curiosity, and his want to get away from Spain, got the best of him and he started walking in a random direction.

Spain was running down every hall he saw, like a maze or something. He had no sense of direction in austria's house. I mean, not that he had much to begin with. He was shouting S.italy's name about every five seconds. Not like it mattered, because Romano couldn't hear him, and he wouldn't answer him if he could anyways. Spain got lost somewhere with, what appeared to be a large room with all of Austria's instruments in it. He figured he'd be able get out of this room on the other side, him thinking, that's where Romano went. Guess again.

Romano had seen enough of Austria's stupid garden. He wanted to get out. The first six or so minutes he was enjoying exploring and wandering about. After it had began raining though, he started looking for a way out. It felt like forever to him since he started looking, but, apparently forever means two minutes in kiddy language. He was so freaked out that he just started zigzagging in random directions, hoping he would find some sort of way out. After an eternity (three minutes), he didn't care about running away from Spain anymore, he just wanted to get out and go home. Even so, he didn't know where he was or anybody else, so he felt completely hopeless and powerless. He wasn't his usual bossy, demanding, jerky self anymore. He was a scared, powerless, crying, little kid. 

"S-S-SPAIN!? *sniff sniff*...S-SPAIN, COME AND HELP ME!!!!...." Romano was shouting at the top of his lungs, and crying on top of that. He then remembered that, he wasn't worth saving, and Spain only 'loved' him for his money. Or so he thought. Romano wanted Spain so badly right now, and when he thought about him never coming and saving him, he bawled even harder. He touched his forehead, remembering the bandage that he put there. Knowing that it was Spain's doing and it didn't hurt as much now because of him...Thanks to him...  

"Please....Spain..." Was the last thing he choked out before losing all hope.

Meanwhile, Spain was struggling with one of Austria's many over-sized violins. He was only half way thru the instrument room when Austria came dashing in out of breath.  

"S-spain..." He stopped to take a breath, "I believe southern Italy is out lost in my garden." Austria stated, with his usual snobby way of talking. Spain didn't even take a second to react. He bolted around, past Austria, and was running for the garden as fast as possible. He didn't know where the garden was EXACTLY, but he figured he'll be able to find it just fine. He got lucky this time.

When he got to the garden, which he concluded that it was indeed outside, he could hear a faint crying and shouting from within it. It wasn't as loud as Romano was shouting before, because, he thought Spain wouldn't come. But it was loud enough for Spain, who was out of breath but still giving his all. He was already darting thru the garden and searching frantically for his chico. Right when he ran out of all his breath and all the strength in his body, he saw him. Hugging his knees close to him, trying to forget. Trying to forget the wet and cold. Trying to forget where he was. But mainly, trying to forget how little he was really worth as person. Spain stood in the rain looking at the bundle of boy on the ground. Spain rapped is arms around him tightly, ever so slightly hushing into his hair. Romano clung to his shirt, not even caring who it was anymore. Normally he would shy away from strangers, but he was crying so hard it really didn't matter to him anymore. But deep down inside, he felt like he knew it was Spain.  

Spain slowly began rocking him back and forth, "Hush, hushhh," Spain whispered into his sopping wet hair, "I have you now mi chico... I have you..."

Romano wanted more then anything to stop crying, but he couldn't. It was like a drug, once you started you can never stop. But everything has to have an end, no matter how good it feels. Romano had never cried like this before. It was like he was pouring out his soul into Spain's shirt. Antonio had never seen him this emotional, ever. 

"Romano," He whispered, "Are you alright?" S.Italy wanted to answer him, but when he opened his mouth, all that came out was sobs or body jolting hiccups. Antonio knew he was trying and waited patiently for a reply. Eventually, Romano just gave up trying to speak, and just nodded his head into his shirt.  

"Would you like to go home?" Spain asked, with his soft, whispering voice. Romano nodded again, who thankfully only had the resulting crying hiccups. Spain got up from his spot, holding Romano just as tight as before, and began to walk back the way he came. Romano just felt like lying under Spain's chin, holding tight to his comforting shirt, and drifting of to sleep. He knew he would probably regret it later, but he was to tired out to protest.

When Spain got out of Austria's garden, he didn't even bother saying good bye. He just went straight for the door, knowing he would have to come back anyway to apologize to HRE.

But right as chibimano was falling asleep, Antonio whispered into his ear, not knowing he was awake, "You know I'll love you...no matter what."

And with that, he fell asleep...

Continue Reading