More Than This // Louis Tomli...

By lostinparadise25

Megan Payne is Liam Payne's younger sister. Yes, the Liam Payne of One Direction. Sounds pretty cool, right... More

More Than This
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue

Chapter 4

207K 2.7K 884
By lostinparadise25

Enjoy everyone! Please vote and comment too. :) xx

******************************************************************************************

Chapter 4

Megan's POV

An hour.

It'd been a freaking hour since Lou had got ran over and still nothing from the nurse or even a doctor. I hated hospitals. I'd been in there for a long time because of the things he did to me. I was sitting in the small hospital chairs, pulling my knees close and burying them in my face. I didn't want anyone to bug me write now. If anyone touched me or mumbled another 'It'll be all right' I would've smacked them upside the head. I swear if they even . . .

"Megan?" I groaned, ready to hit however it was, but then looked up and saw the familiar big brown eyes. It was Ellie. A small smile was on her face and she looked at me with pure concern. "You all right?"

My heart melted. I couldn't punch my little sister. I sighed then sat on the floor in front of her. I held my hands up like I was about to give her a high five and she smiled. She put hers up against mine and we both looked out our hands. Mine's were obviously bigger. Ellie marveled at the difference. I smiled a bit, helping her take her mind off of things. I don't know if she saw what happened back at the park, but even if she didn't this was helping me get my mind of Lou for a while. I guess I'd cry into my pillow later. The boys were smiling at us, but I didn't really notice. It was just me and my sister right now. I think I saw Liam taking pictures.

"Now, whatever you do, don't smile." I said, a smirk on my face. Ellie nodded, smiling a little. She quickly stopped remembering we were playing a game and we put our faces right in front of each other, like we were setting up for a staring contest. I wiggled my eyebrows, made my eyes twitch, and moved my mouth into weird positions until she finally broke. Even the boys were laughing at me!

"Gotcha!" I said, and pulled her into a hug. She was laughing along with the boys and it just felt really good to laugh again. A few minutes ago, we all weren't talking to each other, merely leaning on each others shoulders, using each others shirts as tissues because we were too numb to even move out of our chairs to get any.

Finally, we had a reason to.

"The doctor's coming!" Harry said, scrambling to his feet so quickly he almost fell over. We all straightened up and ran to the doctor, Ellie in my arms.

"Is he okay?" I asked frantically.

"He's going to be fine." And we all sighed with relief. I could sleep tonight. "He'll be in the hospital for a few days. He's in a coma right now. Thankfully he didn't lose that much blood," He started flipping through his clipboard. "A few broken ribs, and a leg. He's actually very lucky. Most patients are paralyzed after being run over."

"Niall, you rubbed some of your luck off of him!" Ellie said, and we all laughed.

"You can go see him, but I'll have to ask some questions."

"Go ahead." We all said quickly. We were eager to see the boy.

"How did he get run over? The police have asked. Since your famous and all, it might've been a crazed fan or someone out to get Louis. Would you mind telling me?"

I felt my hear stop. My grip on Ellie weakened a bit. My body felt cold again. I closed my eyes for a minute and took a deep breath. Maybe I could fake it. I just didn't want everyone worrying about me when we should be worrying about Louis. I started sniffling. "C-Can we not talk about this right now? I-I just wanna see him."

"Yes, miss but cou-" Yes miss was all I needed to hear. I walked into Lou's hospital room. It was cold. I smelled chemicals, like the smell of hand sanitizer and rubbing alcohol. I shuddered a bit and then saw Louis laying there. The look on his face was so peaceful. He was even smiling in his sleep. I felt bad for all the families outside sitting there, just waiting to see if their loved one would make it. You just so badly want the one you love to come waltzing out through those double doors. A part of you hopes they will, and another knows they're not. I'm just so glad I listened to Zayn. He did make it. The boys and I crowded around Louis' bed and whispered things to him. I was the last one to go and I told him I was so sorry and it was my fault. I held his hand for a minute and I felt like someone was telling me it wasn't my fault, but I knew it was. I squeezed his hand and felt strong arms come around me.

Louis' POV

It was so peaceful. So quiet and dark. Why was it so quiet? Why was it so dark?

"What happened?" I shout and all of a sudden, a light shot out and filled the darkness.

"AAAGH THE LIGHT!" I screamed, covering my eyes. The light dimmed and I could make out where I was. Was I dead? Was I in heaven? Someone tapped my shoulder and I screamed at the top of my lungs. The person starting screaming with me.

"Why are you screaming?!" I yelled.

"Because you screamed! Why are you screaming?!"

I stopped yelling and said. "I don't know."

I realized it was a girl. She was wearing a misty white dress and her face was pale. Her hair was as white as snow and her eyes were a cold gray. She floated around so I guessed she had no feet. Was she like an angel? Yeah, I guessed I was like dead or something. Was this the after life?

"Well, how did you get here?" She had an impatient look on her face.

"I don't know."

She looked at me for a long time. Almost like scanning me. "You were the one who got hit by that car! Name's Jessica. You can call me Jess. What's your name?"

"Louis."

"Well, I'm here to show you a few things."

"Like what?" I asked as she took my hand. It felt cold.

"What would happen if you died."

"So, I'm not dead?"

"No, just kinda....in between."

I gave Jess a weird look, but she was smiling to herself as she jumped into the air, taking my hand, and we flew over the clouds.

"WE'RE FLYING LIKE KEVIN!" I said, happily.

"Who's Kevin?"

"You don't know who Kevin is?"

She shook her head and looked down. "You remind me of somebody that I used to know...Sorry. We're here. Here's Liam after your passing, Louis."

"But why are we-" I mumbled but she shushed me again.

I looked down and the clouds opened up a bit and we saw Liam. He was inside an office. He was holding a picture of all of the lads and me. Another was a recent picture of him, Meg, and Ellie. And the tears streamed, down his face.

"Never forgot about you, Lou. The band decided to break up. They just couldn't do it without you. Everyone moved on. He worked a lot. Tried to live a normal life. Just hated it whenever anyone brought you or the band up. I guess it just helped him take his mind off of things."

"Typical Liam..." I mumbled and Jess rolled her eyes.

"Some people handle death differently, Louis."

"I don't think so. Eventually we all get over it and move on."

"Really?" She had her eyebrows raised, clearly surprised. "Well, then look at Zayn." She moved her hand a little and the image shook a bit before changing to Zayn.

"What in the bloody hell?!" I said, looking down at Zayn. He was walking down the street, stumbling a bit until he reached a dark alley way. He started talking to this guy, smoking a cigarette, puffing the smoke out. I knew Zayn smoked so I wasn't that surprised, but when I saw the guy who he was talking to hand him a bag with what looked like drugs, my eyes went wide. Yes, he was the 'Bradford Bad Boy, yo', but I never thought he'd get this bad. He was so shy and quiet, well, until we brought him out of his shell. Just that very vain kid that always had something deep to say and was always drawing pictures of us.

"He didn't take your death well."

"Obviously." I scoffed.

"He took drugs and drank a lot since the dealers promised him that it would 'take the pain away'." Jess said sadly. I was feeling sad too. I really didn't like this feeling. I guess Jess was right.

"Just make it go away with your 'whoosh' stuff!" I moved my hands in a weird motion and Jess, cracked a small smile.

"Now, Niall and Harry." The scene changed and I saw the Irish and curly haired boy. Both didn't seem to be doing well. Both stayed in their houses, blinds closed and houses a mess. Niall, the most carefree mofo I knew, was sitting there. Staring at the wall crying. It looked like he hadn't smiled in a long time. Harry finally got up from the couch where he was crying and saw a sock lying on the floor. Was it my sock? I don't know. I never liked wearing socks, and left them scattered all over the place. He picked it up and saw blue and white stripes on it. Yup. That's my sock. Stripes gave it away. He finally just broke down crying. No, not my Hazza Bear. I looked away and Jess seemed to notice how uncomfortable I was getting.

"One last person."

"What? That was all the lads! Who else?" I asked.

She simply moved her hands and the scene changed once more. It was a girl. It wasn't just any girl, it was Megan. Megan Payne. She was sitting on the bench in front of the very spot where I saved her life. I smiled a bit to myself.

She had her head in her hands and kept whispering, 'I'm so sorry, Lou. I'm so sorry.' I wanted to run over and wrap my arms around the poor girl but I couldn't. She had a look on her face like she was deciding whether to do something or not. It was the same expression she gave me before jumping into the street, but then she reached into her pocket. It was my iPhone. She kept it? She stopped and held it in her hands. She seemed to know my password which was carrots of course and smiled a little. She started scrolling through all my pictures, and I didn't have many. Most were just me taking silly pictures into the camera with the boys.

"She hadn't smiled in a long time, Lou. She really was about it jump. She was tired of being here. Her father had already taken Ella back with him. She'd gone to so many therapy sessions, but none helped. She grew up an abusive home. That's why she ran away. She was going to find Liam and she thought maybe he'd protect her from him." Jess looked into my eyes, her gray ones seemed to be piercing into my soul. "You have to protect her too. She needs you. She cried over your grave sometimes, Lou! S-She loved you. She wanted to get to know you better."

"How do I get out of here, Jess?"

She just gave me a sad smile until she finally faded away.

Megan POV

The boys were actually really good with children. They took Ellie over to the cafeteria to get her something to eat. I appreciated it as I stayed next to Lou, holding his hand. Suddenly I felt strong arms around me.

Liam.

"I-It's my fault." I whispered. "I-I shouldn't have . . ." I burst into tears again and Liam comforted me. A few minutes later, I finally stopped crying.

"Meg, lemme see those big eyes of yours." He said and put a finger under my chin so I was looking up at him. "He's going to be all right and no matter what happens, I love you." I froze and tears welled up in my eyes. I looked at him with a smile on my face. He wiped my tears away with a finger.

"I haven't heard someone say that in a long time to me, Liam. And I rarely say it to anyone, but I can now say it to you. I love you."

"I'm glad I found you, Meg."

"I'm glad I found you too, Liam. I'm sure Ellie is too."

"I love you, Meg."

"Love you too, Liam. Now, can you get your favorite sister in the world a cupcake?" I begged him, pulling out my puppy dog eyes.

"What if Ellie's my favorite sister?" I heard Liam chuckle.

I put on a fake hurt expression. "Mean!"

Liam laughed softly then kissed my forehead. "Just kidding. I'll be right back."

* * *

I don't remember when it was. All I knew was that I needed to sleep but I couldn't. Maybe 2 or 3 o clock in the morning right now. I didn't know. Liam said I could stay and that he'd be back tomorrow. They took Ellie back to the flat after I kissed her goodbye. I still hadn't finished the cupcake, he brought me. Several times I found myself nodding off and my nose hitting some of the frosting. This was one of those times. I felt a glob of frosting on my nose and looked around for something to wipe it off with. I found some tissues and pulled it off. I could've sworn I heard someone laughing at me. I turned back to Louis, and saw that he hadn't moved at all. Maybe I was just imagining it. I threw the tissues away then ate my cupcake. It was carrot cake. Liam said it was all they had. Niall took the last vanilla one.

Curse that Irish boy.

I was just about to finish the candy shaped carrot they put on top for me until I heard someone whisper, "Is that a carrot?"

I jumped so high I would've reached the moon. Was it Lou? No. His mouth hadn't moved at all.

"Holy crap. This room is freaking haunted." I mumbled. I brought my knees up to my chest, frantically looking around the room. I decided to move the chair closer to Lou since I felt a little safer. The ghosts would have to take both of us. I rested my hand on the railing of the his hospital bed and finished off my cupcake. I guess I could go to sleep now. I hadn't heard anymore noises....

"AAAAAHH!" I screamed again and saw that Louis' hand had moved and he was touching mine. Louis was alive and he was touching my hand! I'd call the boys but they'd probably murder me for calling them so early. "LOUIS?"

"I know, Meg." His eyes slowly fluttered open.

"K-Know what?" What did he know? I was mumbling again wasn't eye. Oh gosh, no.

"I know, Meg. I know about your dad."

****************************************************************************************** 

All right, there you have it my lovelies! Hope you like it and just please vote and comment. I also need a cover. If you can do one or know any who can do one, please tell me. Thanks so much you guys. Love you all. OH and thank you for 40 fans and like over 400 reads on ALLS and over 100 reads on this story! Thank you all so much. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

614K 10K 56
Ashley Styles is Harry's sister. She hasn't seen her little brother in over five years. She arrives in London, excited to see Harry, but there's some...
2.9K 95 15
Mari is Liam sister. Yes The Liam as of Liam Payne from One Direction sister. Its been 5 crazy years for the boys but Mari has some how been part of...
308K 6.3K 34
Being Liam Paynes younger sister, Holly feels like she will always be second best to her protective and famous brother. After moving out of her house...
1.8M 30.4K 48
Louis Tomlinson is skittish about his sisters but when he offers his biological sister Sophia Tomlinson a tour around the world with One Direction he...