Chapter 4

Enjoy everyone! Please vote and comment too. :) xx

******************************************************************************************

Chapter 4

Megan's POV

An hour.

It'd been a freaking hour since Lou had got ran over and still nothing from the nurse or even a doctor. I hated hospitals. I'd been in there for a long time because of the things he did to me. I was sitting in the small hospital chairs, pulling my knees close and burying them in my face. I didn't want anyone to bug me write now. If anyone touched me or mumbled another 'It'll be all right' I would've smacked them upside the head. I swear if they even . . .

"Megan?" I groaned, ready to hit however it was, but then looked up and saw the familiar big brown eyes. It was Ellie. A small smile was on her face and she looked at me with pure concern. "You all right?"

My heart melted. I couldn't punch my little sister. I sighed then sat on the floor in front of her. I held my hands up like I was about to give her a high five and she smiled. She put hers up against mine and we both looked out our hands. Mine's were obviously bigger. Ellie marveled at the difference. I smiled a bit, helping her take her mind off of things. I don't know if she saw what happened back at the park, but even if she didn't this was helping me get my mind of Lou for a while. I guess I'd cry into my pillow later. The boys were smiling at us, but I didn't really notice. It was just me and my sister right now. I think I saw Liam taking pictures.

"Now, whatever you do, don't smile." I said, a smirk on my face. Ellie nodded, smiling a little. She quickly stopped remembering we were playing a game and we put our faces right in front of each other, like we were setting up for a staring contest. I wiggled my eyebrows, made my eyes twitch, and moved my mouth into weird positions until she finally broke. Even the boys were laughing at me!

"Gotcha!" I said, and pulled her into a hug. She was laughing along with the boys and it just felt really good to laugh again. A few minutes ago, we all weren't talking to each other, merely leaning on each others shoulders, using each others shirts as tissues because we were too numb to even move out of our chairs to get any.

Finally, we had a reason to.

"The doctor's coming!" Harry said, scrambling to his feet so quickly he almost fell over. We all straightened up and ran to the doctor, Ellie in my arms.

"Is he okay?" I asked frantically.

"He's going to be fine." And we all sighed with relief. I could sleep tonight. "He'll be in the hospital for a few days. He's in a coma right now. Thankfully he didn't lose that much blood," He started flipping through his clipboard. "A few broken ribs, and a leg. He's actually very lucky. Most patients are paralyzed after being run over."

"Niall, you rubbed some of your luck off of him!" Ellie said, and we all laughed.

"You can go see him, but I'll have to ask some questions."

"Go ahead." We all said quickly. We were eager to see the boy.

"How did he get run over? The police have asked. Since your famous and all, it might've been a crazed fan or someone out to get Louis. Would you mind telling me?"

I felt my hear stop. My grip on Ellie weakened a bit. My body felt cold again. I closed my eyes for a minute and took a deep breath. Maybe I could fake it. I just didn't want everyone worrying about me when we should be worrying about Louis. I started sniffling. "C-Can we not talk about this right now? I-I just wanna see him."

"Yes, miss but cou-" Yes miss was all I needed to hear. I walked into Lou's hospital room. It was cold. I smelled chemicals, like the smell of hand sanitizer and rubbing alcohol. I shuddered a bit and then saw Louis laying there. The look on his face was so peaceful. He was even smiling in his sleep. I felt bad for all the families outside sitting there, just waiting to see if their loved one would make it. You just so badly want the one you love to come waltzing out through those double doors. A part of you hopes they will, and another knows they're not. I'm just so glad I listened to Zayn. He did make it. The boys and I crowded around Louis' bed and whispered things to him. I was the last one to go and I told him I was so sorry and it was my fault. I held his hand for a minute and I felt like someone was telling me it wasn't my fault, but I knew it was. I squeezed his hand and felt strong arms come around me.