Changes {Jacob Latimore}

By PeacePaulette

She changed his life and he changed hers. They will see what it's like to love someone with a similar living... More

Changes {Jacob Latimore}
Living.°•
Problem.°•
Business.°•
Sorry.°•
Chaos.°•
Gone.°•
Overboard.°•
Her.°•
Consequence.°•
You.°•
Murderer.°•
Lonely.°•
Apologize.°•
Same.°•
Pain.°•
Savior.°•
Battlefield.°•
Feelings.°•
Nobody.°•
Xo.°•
Pills.°•
Poison.°•
Fragile.°•
Leave.°•
Miserable.°•
Closer.°•
Breathe.°•
Damaged.°•
Stay.°•
Home.°•
Invincible.°•
Forever.°•
Love.°•
•°.Changes 2.°•
CHANGES 2 IS RELEASED.°•
•NEW BOOK•

Diagnosed.°•

5.4K 166 93
By PeacePaulette

Jacob

I looked up to the bright blue sky, surrounded by white fluffy clouds. I touched them, letting my hand go through the mist of them. I looked around seeing, beautiful souls with halos. They all looked so happy where they were. I began to walk around the area, so heavenly and peaceful.

I turned to see a sight I never thought I'd see before.

"Tré?" I asked.

"Jay! How you doin youngin?" Tré asked, nearing towards me.

"I'm doing good and you were right about Phiona man. I really love her." I explained.

"See, I told you man. Y'all are meant to be... now what's this I see as I look down about you still dealing with Ramon?" Tré asked.

I sighed. "I wanted to help out with the money while I was there with them, especially Phiona." I explained.

"I understand that little bro, but Ramon is dangerous. You don't know what he's capable of. And now that he's seen Phiona, bad things are about to happen." Tré said.

"What you mean?" I asked.

"Just protect her and her foster family the best you can, whatever happens will play out on its own just like it did for me." Tré explained.

"Somebody's gonna die?" I asked in a nervous matter.

"Sad to say yes... and it's somebody close to Phiona, almost blood like in a way." Tré said.

"Oh.." I simply said.

"You will be told but the tragedy will happen when y'all least expect it, just help out Phiona. Keep her sane." Tré said.

"Aight.." I said.

"And keep all of them away from Ramon." Tré said, seriously.

"Okay I will." I said.

"Now come here, take a look at something." Tré said waving his hand over. I followed him and leaned over the fluffy mist.

I looked to see Phiona sleeping on my chest, she held on tight. It made me smile, believing that she knew I could protect her.

"See that? A happy couple." Tré said.

"Yeah, you know it." I smiled.

"Jacob...huh?" Tré asked.

"Yeah." I said shaking my head.

"She's a keeper. But bruh... look outside of the apartment now, who do you see?" Tré asked me pointing to the peaceful streets of the complex.

"R-Ramon.." I stuttered.

"He's been lurking around, watching you." Tré said.

"But why me man?" I asked.

"You'll have to find out for yourself, but when you do make the right decision." Tré said.

"I need more explanation, I don't want her to get hurt." I said.

"That's all the explanation I can give you. Like I said, everything will play out." Tré said.

"But-" he cut me off.

"Just do the right thing." Tré repeated.

I nodded my head in the middle of our silence.

"Well time for you to go back now, lil bro. Good speaking to you." Tré gave me a brotherly hug.

"Thanks man. Rest peacefully." I said.

"I sure will youngin. Peace." Tré said.

And with those final words between us, he was gone. I felt my eyes shut and I began to fall from the clouds. Now all I have to do is keep everyone safe. Tré told me a lot, but didn't tell me enough.

°°

I opened my eyes to feel Phiona's body on top of mine. She slept peacefully, with a facial expression of no worries. I rubbed her back, and kissed her forehead. My heartbeat was at a high at the moment. The dream I had triggered it to do so.

Tré. He was telling me all of these things, that had me really worried now. I couldn't believe what I saw when I looked over those clouds either. Ramon was creeping around the complex. Looking up at this particular apartment only. Of course I was scared when I saw him like that, but my fear went away after the sight of Phiona.

I knew I could protect her better than anybody, and now that I knew some bad things were about to happen; I am prepared more than ever. Do the right thing. Those words lingered around in my head and echoed in my ears still, from last night's dream.

A cold touch was felt through my shirt, against my abdomen. Phiona's locket sat there against it, but still hung around her neck. I smiled. I really busted to get that for her and it made me happy that she loved it and it meant everything to her. Her eyes slowly opened as I looked down at her, she smiled up at me. I smirked, continuing to hold her.

"Good morning." Phiona said.

"Morning princess, how'd you sleep?" I asked.

"Good. You?" she asked.

"Good.. had an odd dream." I chuckled a bit.

"About?" she laughed with me.

"Just Tré.." I said.

"Oh.." Phiona said in confusion.

"Don't worry." I said.

"Okay.." Phiona sighed.

I hugged her against me and kissed her cheek repeatedly. She laughed as I did so. Finally she let me kiss her lips. We were getting a bit ahead of ourselves, but she stopped me eventually.

"We have to get ready, Mama Claudia has an appointment." Phiona said.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Come on." I said.

We got out of her bed and got ready to go. I found it odd that we had to take Mama Claudia to an appointment today. It was telling me something, but I wasn't going to worry Phiona with it.

"Mama! You ready to go?" Phiona called out as we walked into the living area.

"Si nija." Mama Claudia spoke.

We all went out the door and got onto the city bus. It was a quick drive to the hospital and they got her into a room without a problem.

°°

We all sat waiting for the results of Mama Claudia to see if she was getting any sicker, or if she got worse. Soon, the doctor came back in to give us the news. Phiona held my hand, and rested her head on my shoulder. I could tell she was scared for the results.

"Miss Claudia, you have been diagnosed with... breast cancer." the doctor said.

My heart at dropped at the news.

"No.. she can't be, this can't be happening. There has to be some mistake!" Phiona began yelling.

"Phiona calm down." I said softly.

"No, leave me alone! She can't have breast cancer.." Phiona yelled.

"Phiona, please calm down sweetie." Mama Claudia said.

"But mama, you've fought enough sickness in your life." Phiona said, tears began to shoot down her cheeks.

"I know sweetie, but I've lived my time." Mama Claudia said.

"Don't speak like that ma! I can't lose you!" Phiona cried.

And a thought came to my mind, once that was said. The one close to Phiona... was Mama Claudia.

"We all have to go some day honey, I'm sorry." Mama Claudia said.

Watching Phiona's reaction, she looked so lost, so broken. And she told me something that I had before from her, leave me alone. That broke apart of my heart.

"How long do I have to live doctor?" Mama Claudia asked.

"Sad to say, I'm not sure but take care while you can." the doctor said.

Phiona dropped down and cried into her knees, she was beyond hurt. I knelt down and tried to comfort her by rubbing her back, but she pushed me off of her and ran out of the room. I stood there, feeling like a fool. I shook my head, rubbing my face and sat down next to Mama Claudia.

"It's okay sweetie, she's just hurt." Mama Claudia said rubbing my arm.

"I see that." I said, sighing.

"But don't think she hates you Jacob, she still loves you but when news such as this comes; she pushes everyone away." April explained.

"Why?" I asked looking around at everybody.

"She can't help it.. I guess, we can't change her." April said.

I sighed. "Well, we should just find her and get on home." I said as we all stood up.

They all nodded in agreement and we found Phiona sitting at the bus stop. We all waited there and the bus finally came. Phiona ignored us all, and when I tried to look at her she covered her face.

What am I going to do?

•°•

Phiona

I immediately ran into the apartment after the bus came to a stop. My only guardian was diagnosed with breast cancer. I've helped her though so much and I've watched her suffer so to get this information today, horrified me. 

A sudden touch was felt to my back as I laid there, technically drowning in my tears. I didn't want anyone bothering me.

"Go away." I mumbled.

"It's me." Jacob's voice cracked.

I flipped over, wiping my face.

"Hey, it's gonna be alright." Jacob said.

"Easy for you to say." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Phiona, no it's not easy for me to say. I came in here to help you, not to get treated like this." Jacob explained.

"Well, I don't want to be bothered." I said flipping back over.

"But princess, I'm only trying give you comfort. Now come on." Jacob said.

I stayed facing the wall. I didn't want anyone right now, but Jacob he was trying so hard to get me to face him. After a while I just faced him.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm sorry baby girl.." Jacob said.

"It's okay, I'm sorry for ignoring you. I'm just used to..." I drifted off.

"Pushing people away?" Jacob asked. I nodded my head. I sat up and he pulled me into a warm hug.

My tears had stopped going down my face and the pounding in my head had stopped. Jacob held me in his arms for the longest, and didn't let me go once. I truly felt safe.

"Go and talk to Mama Claudia and I'll be back soon okay? I have some business to take care of." Jacob explained.

"With who?" I asked.

"Ramon.. I'll be safe." Jacob whispered.

"Okay, I love you." I said.

"I love you too, we'll get through this together." Jacob said.

"Thank you." I said. He kissed my cheek and squeezed me. "See you later." I said.

"Bye princess." Jacob said and walked out the door.

°°

"Hey mama." I said to Mama Claudia sitting down with her.

"Hey sweetie, you okay now?" Mama Claudia asked.

"Yeah, Jacob helped out... I just wanna say that I'm sorry." I said.

"It's okay, I understand hun. You were just upset, but be thankful you'll still have Jacob." Mama Claudia explained.

"Okay mama, and we'll make it through this together." I said.

"I know sweetie, and I'll always love you." Mama Claudia said.

"I'll always love you too." I said. We hugged and talked for a bit more while I waited up on Jacob. When eleven o'clock hit, mama had fallen asleep and I had gotten worried.

I wondered what his dream was about. Tré and all. After nodding on and off for a while, I decided to go to my room. I laid down, waiting in patience.

My bedroom door came open and in walked Jacob.

"Hey." Jacob said nearly out of breath.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked.

"I kinda just ran here." Jacob said. I stood up quickly from my bed.

"W-why?" I asked.

"Ramon." Jacob said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I'll explain tomorrow okay?" Jacob asked.

"Why not now?" I asked.

"Because I'm tired, can we please just get some sleep?" Jacob asked, sitting on the bed.

"Okay.. yeah." I responded.

Everything got settled and we were soon laying in bed again. Jacob rubbed my back softly, yet holding me tightly.

"Jacob?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"You're safe here okay, breathe." I said staring down into his sparkling brown eyes.

"I promise I'll always protect you." Jacob whispered.

Before I could say anything he forced his lips to mine. Causing me to get butterflies, and my cheeks to burn. Something or someone had him scared. I could feel it and see it, very easily. The night was slowly slipping away and all I could wonder was...

What was going on? Were we even safe anymore at all?

•••••••••

Was that chapter understanding enough? Lol, I tried my best NOT to make it boring. I'm really forcing myself, which is causing my head to hurt and plus this new update for the app completely threw me off. o.O Anyways, thoughts please? :) and I hope you enjoyed it!

Comment | Vote | Share | Follow | Fan

Keep the peace, love you babes. :* ♥

•Paulette•

(excuse any errors. sorry.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217 3 46
Just story/(somewhat) peoms
1.6K 143 25
Jessica struggles with heart ache and uncertainty on a road where everything is not as it seems. Switching paths to a different course can change her...
27.7K 921 17
At this point, I had stopped trying to bring him back. No amount of prayers, screams, words, or tears could change the course of fate. Perhaps, our f...
1.9K 78 38
He loved a girl who never loved him back. Piece by piece he put his heart and life back together. Two decades later she is back but things have chang...