A Shadow's Light (RoLu Fanfic...

By theakimsewriter

December X784, During the S-Class Trial Exam, Tenroujima was obliterated by the Dragon King Acnologia. Lucy H... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 - Last

Chapter 6

3.8K 162 11
By theakimsewriter

I can't help but stare at Rogue's back as we walked along the street of Oak Town. For 3 years of staying at the forest, I find it unbelievable that this is the first time they went here.

Sting and Rogue's cold treatment to each other didn't escape me and I knew it had something to do with their conversation last night.

"Sting, Rogue. Make up already." I commanded, tugging both of their clothes from behind to make them halt.

"We're perfectly good, Lucy-san." Sting said through gritted teeth, glaring at his nonchalant bestfriend.

I sighed, then grabbing their hands as I pulled them to an empty alley. Crossing my arms in front of ny chests, I frowned at them.

"Why are you two even fighting?"

"We're no--"

I cut Sting off, "You are! Obviously!"

This is the first time we stepped foot in this town together, and here they are, not even in good terms.

"Well, Rogue here is apparently inlove with someone he's not supposed to be!" Sting yelled, an annoyed expression painted on his face.

'Inlove?'

Rogue shot Sting a glare, pulling him by the collar. "Can't you keep your mouth shut?!" For the first time, he raised his voice.

I stepped forward and had no trouble breaking the two, but then, Sting smirked at Rogue, triggering the latter to punch him.

"Stop it, you two!" I yelled, but was ignored as they continued exchanging blows.

I clutched my head in frustration and turned to Lector and Frosch for help, only to have my eyes widened as the two were nowhere to be found.

As if on cue, Lector flew to the alley, crying and was alone. This caught Sting's attention and stopped them both from killing each other.

"What happened?!" We all yelled in unison.

"Frosch was... Frosch was taken by some people!" The maroon exceed wailed, flying to Sting's chest.

"What?! Where?!"

Rogue was obviously furious and worry was written all over his face. Afterall, Frosch is his dearest friend. Lector then explained the situation, that they were buying some food when three men came and took Frosch, while Lector managed to escape to ask for our help.

"Why are you just standing there? Let's go find Frosh!" Sting nudged on his bestfriend as if they weren't just fighting earlier.

Although the situation wasn't nice, it made me feel relieved that they finally made up. And I can't help but be reminded of Fairy Tail. It used to be like this. Everyone always get into fights with each other, but at the end of the day, we're still a family.

"Lucy?"

I was pulled back to reality when I heard Rogue called, looking back at me, as they both already made their way out while I spaced out here.

I forced a smile and ran after them. Their keen senses made it easy for us to track the kidnappers by smell, and it led us outside the town, to the mountain area, and to a pink building which appears to be a small guild.

"They better be prepared to meet their end." Rogue muttered in a deep tone as I felt a dangerous aura engulfing him.

Before I could even stop them, Sting kicked the doors open, revealing several people drinking, with some men on the floor, beat up. We caught all of their attentions as they turned to us with arrogant looks on their faces.

"What the hell do you brats want?!" One of them yelled, an annoyed expression painted on their faces.

I was about to ask politely when Rogue disappeared and appeared infront of the guy who yelled, punching him in the face and sent him flying across the room. This caused the others to rush towards Rogue.

"Rogue!" I called worriedly, and was about to take a step forward when Sting blocked me with his arm.

"Stay here, we'll take care of this." He smirked to himself before engaging in the battle.

I sighed and watched the two. And I can't help but be reminded of Natsu and the others. They were always like this. Specially Natsu, the impulsive idiot he is would just engage himself in every battle. I smiled sadly to myself, but was quickly replaced with worry when Rogue was thrown to the ground.

There were just two of them, and probably almost a hundred mages of their enemies. Although I know they're both strong, they'll eventually get tired after battling with a lot of people.

"Give me back Frosch!"

"Attack!"

"Give us Frosch back, you bastards!"

"There's just two of them, take them down!"

I just watched them as they exchanged attacks, when I sensed a presence appear behind me, and just as I was about to turn around, the person held a knife against my neck and whistled, catching everyone's attention. Sting and Rogue both turned to me, wide-eyed.

"Stop right now if you don't want this chick to get hurt." The guy taking me hostage, demanded.

"M-Master!" The men from the guild called, looking at the man behind me.

'Master, huh?'

I lightly shook my head to the two, urging them to continue. I know they told me not to interfere but it looks like we have no choice.

'Loke!' I called telephatically, and at that same moment, Loke appeared from above us and kicked their Master's face, causing him to drop the knife and stumble backwards.

I hurried and distanced myself from him, grabbing my whip and joining in the battle.

"I told you to stay back!"

"We'll protect you."

I ignored their words and summoned Taurus for help. We continued with the battle until we took their Master down.

Panting, I watched Rogue grab the collar of the Master and gave him a deathly glare. "Where's Frosch?!"

"I... don't know what you're talking about!" The Master shook his head vigorously, waving his arms.

Just then, a high-pitched small voice screamed and caught our attentions. A small girl came to sight, a horrified look on her face, with Frosch in her arms.

"Papa!" She cried, running towards the Master.

'What... the hell is going on here?'

"I'm sorry, darling. It appears that frog belongs to them." The Master uttered, caressing the cheek of the little girl.

"No! Mr. Froggy is mine!" She wailed.

But... frog? Frosch is a cat! An exceed!

Before I could say anything, Rogue beat me to it.

"Frosch is a cat."

"What? No! He is a frog!"

My eyes twitched in annoyance as they started to bicker. I can't believe Rogue is actually bickering with a child!

"Frosh is a cat. See?" Rogue pulled the costume hood down, and this surprised the little girl.

She shrieked upon realizing the truth and threw the exceed in Rogue's arms before running back upstairs, crying.

I sighed, tired physically and mentally as we exited the guild. 'What a day!'

"I beat more than you did!"

"It was pointless to count."

"You just can't admit I defeated most of them!"

I clenched my fist in annoyance as I listened to Sting and Rogue's argument. They're just like Gray and Natsu!

'Gray and Natsu... huh?'

I smiled sadly at the thought, shaking my head to erase it. I should stop thinking about them and try to move on.

Stepping forward to match the pace of the two, I intertwined my hands with theirs. Rogue flinched, while Sting turned to me and grinned. I flashed them a smile, squeezing their hands tightly.

"Stop fighting now, you two! It's time for you to join your dream guild." I stated, swaying our connected hands as we walked.

They both nodded, and Rogue's small smile didn't escape my vision. We finally stopped walking in front a large building with a very complex structure, a massive statue of a saber-toothed-cat on top of it. The flag bearing the guild's insignia waved as wind passed by. And a banner holding the guild's name glinted as the sun shone.

"Sabertooth." I read out loud.

***
Note: Sabertooth is not really in Oak Town, its whereabouts is unknown so I just made it in Oak Town, where Phantom Lord used to be and since they're disbanded, I had an idea to put Sabertooth in that town instead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.3K 1.5K 18
It's a year after Natsu and the guild had been back. Something wasn't right... Lucy Heartfilia gets kicked out of Fairy Tail. After being kicked out...
21.2K 939 46
Lucy and Natsu have been dating for a few months when they both realize it's not working out. They break up but remain friends. Lucy finds out Natsu...
3.5K 71 27
Best Rankings -34 In Tratior -657 in Dragon -31 in weak -16 in stronger -48 in Sorry not sorry -151 in sabertooth -579 in Lucy Heartfillia -17 in Lu...
2.5M 70.8K 74
Natsu Dragneel and Lisanna Strauss kick Lucy out of Team Natsu. The heartbroken girl trains hard, fueled by the rejection and joins Sabertooth. Who i...