Escaping the Monster's Embrace

By Mentally-Insane

Everything changed when they came out of hiding, terror spread across the world as people began to question i... More

© Copyright ©
Prologue
Claiming Contract
Come home to me
The Hunt
Are you talking to me?
Keep your paws to yourself!
Scars
The deed
Bloody Sheets
Distraction
The classroom
The recipe
The book
Hopeless
Invasion
Confusion
Blink
The Worry
The Calling
Letters part 1
Letters part 2
Children
Cold
RJW
Needle
Shift
Sever
Induce
Taciturn
Divulge
Deception
Bleed
Lifeless

The cousin

36.7K 1K 293
By Mentally-Insane

"Becoming a mother is one of life's greatest gifts. Each child is a blessing from our Goddess, she let's us experience what it is like to be a parent. Those of you that have difficulty conceiving our doctors can help you, everyone deserves the chance to have their own family-" I could feel his eyes crawling over me as Madam Olc went on at the top of class. He kept glancing down at my stomach I noticed him doing it a lot as if hoping that it'd swell showing the signs of his 'pups'.

A giant bruise covered the side of my face. He had bashed my head into the shower wall while he took advantage of me a few nights ago. He had used me everyday when he got home from work right after dinner. I stopped fighting, feeling empty inside. He was beginning to grow rougher, my face wasn't the only place that was marred by ugly purple, blue, green and yellow marks.

His hand squeezed my thigh and I didn't pull away. He would have no problem beating me to a pulp and a man gets to treat their mate anyway they please with no interference, unless it's from the Alpha. He was forcing me to read the books hoping to indoctrinate me into his societies beliefs. But I could see right through their ridiculous ideologies. Gender played a huge role in their culture. A male was to care of his female and even in the rare case of having a human mate, if that human was a male he was to work and only with his permission could his female mate have a job.

"- I have been blessed with seven beautiful and healthy children. It is an honor having them as a sign of the love my mate I have for one an other," her words made me cringe. It was common for the Weres to have big families, a family with only four children was considered very small.

I didn't listen to the rest of the lesson Madam Olc's voice was blurry but I could hear the bell scream perfectly. I was scared of being left alone with the Beta but I wasn't exactly safe in public either. There was nothing or no one who could stop him from beating me to a pulp or raping me in the streets. We began walking outside of the classroom but a voice stopped us.

"Beta could I speak with you for a moment-" her eyes cut across to my empty ones, "-alone please."

"Go wait outside the door." The door was left slightly ajar but I could not make out anything they said. Their hushed voices stopped and the Beta pulled the door wide open wearing a face like thunder. My bicep was snatched in his tight grip dragging me from the building.

The silence inside the car was crushing I didn't know what to do or what to say, so I sat there as quiet as a mouse. We pulled up outside of the house and the Beta cut the engine off, but he didn't move. He sat still for a moment his eyes staring at the woods behind the house. "Why aren't you pregnant yet?" My heart dropped hearing his question.

"I don't know maybe there's something wrong with me that I can't-" I was interrupted before I could finish.

"No the doctors took a screening and ran some test while you were unconscious after your accident," he glanced over at me. "They told me you should be pregnant within the first month and it's closing up to that now. I'm going to make an appointment with the doctors." He opened his door getting out of the car coming around to take me out as well. The guards that normally stood posted outside my door sat on plastic chairs watching us, they were always there. Another set of guards came to take over during the night.

Silence was something that I had become accustomed to, but it wasn't always comforting. Bad thoughts had slowly began to creep into my mind. Like a poison negativity was slowly starting to eat away at the inside of my head and I couldn't see anything optimistic for the future.

"A cousin of mine is coming for dinner tonight I except you to be on your best behavior," he warned. It had become a routine that we sat side by side while he worked on his computer and I read one of the books that he had picked out for today.

"Beta?" I whispered out.

"Yes mate?" He answered me continuing to type away on the keys of the computer.

"D-do you have a-any music?" I looked up into his dark orbs knowing how much he loved eye contact from me.

"Yes I do, what would you like to listen too?"

"I can't remember the name of it," I whispered out trying to remember the song. I gently hummed trying to think of something from the song, "this is my message to you-". He smiled and then I heard the voice singing the song that my father had sang to me any time I was in distress.

"Don't worry about-" his tender voice soothed me as the lightning flashed brightly illuminating the bare tall tree outside the house. His fingers gently stroked my hair until my breaths evened out, the roar of the thunder didn't frighten me as much when he was present. "Gonna be alright-".

"You will be the one to sing to our pups," he grinned. I hadn't even realized that I was singing along to the song, lost in my own world. A peaceful one where he wasn't there.

A high pitched noise sounded throughout the house. The Beta went to open the door and loud chatter could be heard as two deep voices began to go back and forward. "Mate I'd like to introduce you to my cousin-" I looked up and met sympathetic eyes. "Emmet this is my mate Lilah." Both of their voices echoed my name.

"I know she worked in the farm lands that I was assigned to." Emmets voice didn't express much emotion but his eyes begged to differ.

"Oh then you already know each other," he smiled looking almost human since he wasn't showing his huge teeth. "Well I'll go get a menu so we can order take away," he announced leaving them room.

Emmet didn't utter a word, I don't think he knew what he wanted to say. He studied my body from the purple marks on my arms to the blended of dark and bright bruises on my face and neck. He opened his mouth but stopped himself when it was no longer just the two of us.

"Do you know what you want Emmet?" He handed him over the menu.

"I'll just have the duck," he grumbled out. His mood seemed to have deflated. "Are you not going to ask Lilah what she wants?" Emmet bluntly asked when the Beta began dialing the restaurants number into his phone. He paused giving his cousin a look that could cut you in two.

"My mate will eat what I choose for her," he growled making me gulp. His sign of dominance was only matched with a glare from Emmet. I could feel the tension build and it was only because of my stomach making noises did it break the eye contest that was going on between them.

Their voices went back and forward as they were talking but I was not included in the conversation at all. I didn't realize that the food was here until a hand gently touched my shoulder. I knew it wasn't the Beta, he wasn't capable of treating me gently.

"I'd prefer you don't touch my mate," the Beta told Emmet, he glanced at me making me gulp.

"Lilah didn't hear me talking to her I was only trying to gain her attention," he clarified standing up. I followed them into the kitchen and was forced to sit on the Betas lap. I couldn't bring myself to look anywhere except the plate while the I was spoon fed rice and chicken.

"Do you have any plans tomorrow Don?" This was a question I was generally interested in. How long was he going to be gone for tomorrow, how long would I have by myself.

"I took the day off of work and my mate and I are going to visit the doctors." Emmett seemed surprised as to what he had just heard. His facial expressions quickly morphed into a frown.

"The doctors? But you have barely even-" a loud growl coming from behind me stopped him talking.

"I don't think it's any of your business to be pushing your opinion on us. We're happy to take this step and go to the Doctors," I could feel his nails beginning to dig into my thigh making me wince.

"So you speak on Lilahs behalf too? Tell me Lilah do you know what the doctors do?" He gave me a hard stare while I began to take deep breaths.

"I-" my jaw was caught in the beasts hand sitting behind me his talons piercing the thin skin.

"My mate doesn't need to know that. It is what it is and it's my decision." Emmett couldn't control the emotion or facial expressions that he began to portray. The most vivid one would be anger.

His chair scraped loudly against the floor as he stood up. He burned holes into the monster sitting behind me. "Well I just remembered that I've to meet someone. See you tomorrow, goodnight Lilah." He waved a little over his shoulder before disappearing out of the room. The slam of the door was the only thing to tell us he had left.

"He's only jealous that I have a beautiful mate and his is dead." Came the Betas small interpretation of what had just occurred. Something told me he didn't know about the claiming contract that we had or else it'd be hell for the both of us.

"Now let's get ready for bed," he enthusiastically encouraged once we had finished dinner. "You need all the rest you can get we've a big day ahead of us tomorrow."

For once in a few weeks he didn't try breeding me as I would call it, he actually let me fall asleep peacefully only his arms touching me and nothing else. I closed my eyes and wished that I wouldn't wake up in the same place tomorrow.

Hope you all enjoyed. Btw I finished this off before going to bed so if it's jumbled or any spelling mistakes please point them out thank you.

Vote comment and share <3

Love y'all ~Ari xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

896K 26.6K 55
"Yes, you are. Don't you have any shame?" "Shame?" I asked, confused with what shame has to do with being jealous. "Yes, shame. Don't you have any sh...
6.9K 249 25
"Can you shift?" His voice was notably softer. I was grateful for it. As best as I could, I shook my head. The lingering dizziness rang through my he...
1.4M 35.5K 37
*not edited* The prophecy says that every thousand years, Alpha twins would be born. They would share the same mate and share the Alpha power equall...
561 18 5
It's so easy....it's almost cruel. The minds of man...so horrifically simple...so tragically obvious. A few bats of my eyelashes, a mischievous smi...