If he only knew || Thomas San...

By kristinebb

Being the foreign one in the group wasn't easy; especially when all your friends were beyond beautiful, talen... More

#1
#2
#3
#5

#4

75 3 0
By kristinebb

Thomas was enjoying his day off, spending it with his best friend Jack, working at a new motorbike in his shed.

He was wearing a black t-shirt and grey sweatpants despite the cold weather outside, but the fact that he was constantly moving from side to side of the bike made him feel warm enough.

"Matt and the band are doing better and better", Jack said at one point, handing Thomas a beer; he was at the second one already.

"Good for them!", Thomas said smiling. "They deserve it after how much they worked on this project."

"I know. And the show last night killed it!"

Jack was beyond proud of the fact that he starred in their music video and now it had over a million of views.

Suddenly, Thomas' phone went off and he stopped working.

"It's Bella", he said. "She's coming over."

"Oh, should I leave you two lovebirds alone?", Jack chuckled, nudging Thomas in the shoulder.

"Stop it, man!", the blond laughed.

Jack put his beer down and went to seat next to his friend.

"Have you told her yet?", he asked.

"Told her what?"

"You know...about the fact that you want to settle down and stuff."

Thomas frowned. He was too busy lately to have a decent talk with his girlfriend, but the matter had been in his mind for a while now.

"Not yet, but I'll do it soon."

Jack patted his friend on the back and put his jacket on, ready to go.

"Alright then, I'll keep looking for some houses anyway", his friend said waving goodbye.

Thomas waved back as he followed him outside the shed and into the house. He had to take a shower and put on some clean clothes before Bella would arrive.

Thomas and Isabella had been in a relationship for almost three years now and Thomas thought it was the right time for the next step: moving in together. He had discussed with Jack about the possibility of them 3 moving in together and he agreed as long as Bella would accept. But Thomas hasn't had the proper time to tell her about their plan, to convince her that he really had serious thoughts about them being together and have a family at some point.

Thomas was just finishing his shower when the doorbell ringed. His hair was still wet and he ran his fingers through it to keep it steady. He quickly put a t-shirt on before going downstairs and towards the front door.

And there she stood: his beautiful girlfriend with her pale pink wavy dress. She was mostly wearing dresses as she wasn't that tall and Thomas simply loved her in those pretty dresses. He loved her curly blonde hair just above her tiny waist and her delicate soft hands.

"Bells", he smiled at the sight of her and she smiled back with her eyes full of amusement at his wet hair that was already messy again.

"Hi, Tommy!"

He grabbed her hand and pulled her inside, gently kissing her lips. She wrapped her arms around his neck keeping him close. He felt a sudden desperation in her gestures and he tightened his grip around her. Only after that he closed the front door, inviting her in the living room.

Thomas still lived with his parents and sister, but they were alone now, all the rest being away with business. He noticed her to take a seat onto the couch and he joined her one second after, wrapping his arms around her again and pulling her onto his lap.

"God I missed you", he whispered with his nose in the crook of her neck. She chuckled at the sudden sensation of tickling.

"You just saw me two days ago, Tommy!", she laughed.

"Too much time!", he pouted.

She shifted her eyes towards him and kissed his forehead.

"My beautiful baby."

Thomas closed his eyes at her gesture of affection and lifted his chin so he could kiss her lips.

They stayed like that for a couple of minutes, Thomas gathering his thoughts and ideas on how to should properly start the conversation.

"Hey Bells", he finally said. "I've been meaning to talk to you about something."

Bella shifted her position onto his lap to look at him better.

"Yes? What is it?"

Thomas licked his bottom lip before looking her straight in the eye.

"Well you know we are together for a couple of years now and I think we get along pretty good..."

He paused, waiting for her to take in his words.

"Go on...", she said.

"And you know how I love you, even though I'm most of the time away. But I think it's time for me to settle down. So I was wondering if...it is ok with you to...make the next step and move in together?"

He said the last sentence as a question, for her not to feel any pressure, even if he felt he was ready to buy a house and move in with her the next minute.

Isabella didn't say anything for a couple of seconds, only took in a deep breath. Looking at her, Thomas didn't see what he had expected.

"Bells? Please say something", he pleaded.

Bella turned her blue eyes from him and smiled sadly. She felt chills down her spine and suddenly the room seemed too cold.

"Thomas, I...don't know how to answer this", she finally said.

Thomas felt like his heart stopped. He waited for her to continue and she did after a couple of seconds:

"This...is too much for me. I love you, you know I do, but as you said you're away most of the time and I'm not ready for such a commitment."

She was breathing uneven, trying to hold back her tears.

"I'm sorry, Thomas!"

Thomas' heart shattered in a million of pieces in just one second. His eyes were wide open, looking shocked hearing her words. He had a fugitive thought of her declining this, but he was much more confident that she would agree. He was definitely not prepared for this.

"But love...", he started to say not really knowing how to continue.

She let her tears fall and he did the same, hugging each other. Thomas pressed his lips onto hers and felt the taste of the salt.

"Don't you at least want to think about it?", he tried again, talking against her lips.

"Stop it, Thomas!", she begged. "Don't make this any harder than already is!"

Bella pulled him closer, swinging them back and forth with her body still onto his lap.

"My beautiful, beautiful baby, I've never meant to break your heart like this", she whispered to him.

Thomas felt the whole room spinning around him. He grabbed tighter onto her thin body, refusing to let her go.

"So this means it's over?", he quietly asked.

"I'm so sorry", she said again as for answering his question.

They stayed like that in silence for a good amount of time, almost like being afraid to let go to one another. But when the time has finally come for Bella to leave, Thomas' eyes were already dry from all the tears. He felt his head pounding and he could see the girl's bottom lip shaking. It was a good feeling still having her in his arms, knowing that as soon as she leaves, his world will crush to the ground.

"I should better go", she finally said, her voice weak.

They looked at each other with a sad smile on their faces, trying to get ready for the new feeling of emptiness they were about to feel.

"Take care of yourself, Bells. I hope I'll see you around sometimes.", Thomas said.

She nodded at his words, whipping the last tears from her eyes. She didn't have the power to say something more; she just stood up from his lap and headed towards the door. Thomas followed her and as soon as she was about to step outside, he grabbed her hand and spun her around, kissing her for the last time.

"I love you, never forget that!", he half whispered half yelled, gathering all of his power and love into that last kiss.

"I love you too, Thomas!", Bella said kissing back. She tangled her fingers through his blond strands, pulling at them with all her power just to feel him for the last time.

And then as quickly as the kiss started, it ended when she pushed him back and ran away.

Thomas stood there watching her leave, feeling a sudden urge to scream and to curse the whole world for being so cruel. He felt empty and lost inside as he realized he had to face the world alone, without her anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

545K 8.4K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
71.3K 2.8K 24
Noah always believed her and Lando were forever, but when he ended things with her to further his racing career it left her heartbroken and alone. I...
363K 13K 57
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
908K 20.9K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.