A vampire at Hogwarts

By rvbfan2011

(This is in no way related to my other stories. Also I only own my OC the rest is all by J.K. Rowling) Rachel... More

And so it begins
Arriving at Hogwarts
The sorting
The Arrangements
First day of classes
First Flying Lesson
Special Classes
Tips and pointers
Treasures/ A not so friendly encounter
Where loyalties lye
To the rescue
The other
Suspicions
The things you learn
A Holiday Nightmare
Nicholas Flamel?
The Eve (part 1)
The Eve (Part 2)
It couldn't end soon enough
Forbidden Forest
Plans
Trap Door
The Stone

After dark

815 20 4
By rvbfan2011

Third Person POV

After the holidays had passed things began to go back to normal...Well, as normal as things could be at a magic school. Classes resumed as usual and students were bustling in the halls after their last class had ended. A certain raven-haired girl had exited the classroom. She was headed for the Hufflepuff dormitory to see a certain pair of blond individuals. As she walked she spotted a particular bushy-haired girl and immediately recognised her. As they walked in separate directions the ravenette closed the distance between them in the hall she whispered something in her ear on her way past. The Gryffindor girl turned her head in Rachel's direction as the girl proceeded to walk away. Rachel turned her head to nod in the girl's direction. Hermione was bit taken aback by the information but as she pondered it more she realized what she had just been told. Hermione took immediate action. Turning on her heel she rushed off towards the library where she knew her two housemates would be waiting.

*Later that evening*

Rachel's POV

"Hey, Rachel!" I heard someone shout. I turned to face them. It was Harry, he looked a bit out of breath. Had he been running to catch up with me? I had been walking down the corridor on my own. I've been doing that a lot since I returned from the holidays, it was better for thinking this way. "Oh, Hi Harry" I greeted kindly. He offered me a brief smile. "Uhm...Thank you for the tip earlier today" He thanked gratefully without even bothering to wait another second. "Uh, no problem" I replied simply. He gave me a curious look. "How'd you know where to find it? Did someone tell you?" He questioned. I shifted on my feet. "Sorta...Just an old friend who knows a lot about that kind of stuff. He's a fan of Flamel's work so-" "Shh~" Harry hushed me. I looked at him oddly. I hadn't even been talking that loud, nobody even stopped to look at me as they passed us in the hall.

"We shouldn't talk about this here" He explained. "Here, come with me" He ushered tugging me by the hand. I don't know why I allowed him to do this to me. Something told me I should pull away from him. I knew better though. Harry was a nice guy, he wouldn't harm me or put me in danger or even degrade me, unlike other people I know. *Cough* Reiji *Cough* Yet I let Reiji push me around and do what he wants with me, all because why? I'm intimidated by his power, his knowledge, his wealth...Well. yeah, pretty much. But even so, where on earth was Harry taking me?

We came to a sudden stop when Harry winced in pain and rubbed his forehead, more specifically his scar. "Huh? What's wrong, Harry?" I had this gut twisting feeling in my stomach, something was triggering my senses. "It's my scar, it hurts" He said as he winced. We both looked up. Professor Quirrell was speaking to another professor in the hall. Just as Harry and I looked up at him he met both of our stares. Harry looked frozen on the spot, I on the other hand, had the primal urge to growl at the man. Something about him spurred a rage within me. "Let's get out of here" I suggested, more like instructed as I tugged on Harry's hand pulling him down a different corridor and away from the Professor's. As soon as we were far enough away my blood cooled and I noticed Harry's eyebrows unfurrow. "Does your head still hurt?" I asked with a bit of concern laced in my tone. "No" He simply replied. I hummed as a curious thought came to mind.

"What was it that you wanted to talk about so privately?" I inquired quickly. It wasn't that I was inpatient or-No, yeah. I was impatient. Hehe. "Well it's just that, you've been so helpful to us and I wanted to thank you" He said sounding a bit nervous. I quirked an eyebrow at him. "You already did that" I half chuckled. His cheeks flushed pink. "Well, I just wanted to know if-" He cut himself off. "-We! Wanted to know if you would help us find and protect the stone. We think Snape's trying to steal it and-" I cut him off at his odd accusation. "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa, Harry" He shut his mouth quickly wanting to hear me out. "You think Professor Snape wants the Philosopher stone?" I questioned with an amused look. He was quick to defend himself. "I know he's the Head of your house but just listen to what I'm saying-" I waved off his words not wanting to hear any more. I couldn't let Harry think Professor Snape was involved in such a scandal. He was my Head of House but more than that he knew my secret and I trusted him, just as Professor Dumbledore trusted him. "Dumbledore is one of the greatest wizards of all time do you really think he'd blindly trust Professor Snape if he wasn't a trustworthy person?" Harry blinked a few times and made to reply but stopped himself.

"But he tried to get passed Fluffy, he got bit" Harry reasoned. I looked at him sceptically. "Yeah, well if I recall correctly we also tried to get passed 'Fluffy' and I got bit too" I reminded him. His face paled remembering the incident. "We were there by accident" He defended. "Look, it's alright if you don't believe that Snape's trying to steal it, you can still help us protect it" I pondered the option. It did sound interesting. From what Reiji told me this stone worked wonders and it was pretty dangerous in the wrong hands. But still... "I don't know~" I drawled cautiously. "We still need a bit more information. If you come with us tonight-" "-Tonight!" I exclaimed a bit worried. I had plans of my own after curfew, I was going to visit Hagrid tonight, I needed nourishment. I've been feeling weak ever since I fell ill. I've been very much zombie-like these days. "Sorry, Harry I can't" I told him. He looked disappointed but he nodded acknowledging my response. "It's alright, I understand. You don't have to come tonight" He informed me surely. I silently thanked him. "Any other night I would but...tonight I'm just...not feeling the greatest" I explained.

"Don't worry it's alright. I'll let you know what we find out" I nodded and I turned to part ways thinking the conversation was over but... "Did you get my present? Hermione told me you'd been sick. She also told me Dumbledore allowed someone to bring you all of your gifts. I just wondered if you had the chance to open mine?" He slightly blushed. He shifted nervously waiting for my response. I offered him a warm smile. "I did. And thank you, It means a lot" He smiled back. "I hope you'll try to join next year. You'll be a great player I can tell" I blushed a bit at his compliment. Harry had gotten me a book on Quidditch as well as a nice pair of leather keeper gloves. The part that meant a lot was inside his note. There was a picture of both my mom and my dad in their Quidditch gear. Separate of course, my mom was a few years younger than my dad...and from different houses. It was a shock to me. How had Harry gotten those photos? In the note, he also specified that the gloves he got me were similar to the ones my mom would've worn as a keeper. That really warmed my heart...well it would have if I actually had a heartbeat...but I don't.

"I'm glad you liked it, I was worried you might not have" He said shyly while rubbing the back of his head. I shook my head as if to tell him not to worry. "Well anyways Harry, I'll see you later. I promised my roommates that I'd study with them" I waved. He nodded and waved back as I turned to leave.

//Time skip...// Later that night...

Echoes reverberated through the halls with each step I took. Practically inaudible breaths left my mouth as I walked in pure darkness. Not even the torches were lit in the hallways. It was waaay past curfew. Perfect time for me to be out. There wasn't a soul to be seen or heard, not even the paintings were aware of my presence.

Leaves crunched beneath my feet as I exited the castle. The only source of light was the moon. 'A Waning Gibbous' I thought to myself. The moon was changing from Full to Crescent.

"Good evening Hagrid" I uttered quietly. The humble Half-Giant allowed me into his hut and shut the door behind him. "It's been 'er while since I seen ya last" He voiced. I hummed to acknowledge him. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything" I spoke cautiously, eyeing the cauldron bubbling over the fire. He followed my gaze. "Oh, you've got a keen eye" Hagrid half chuckled. My expression was blank. "I don't mean to be nosy" I excused. He waved my apology off. "Nonsense! I'm sure ya know what that is" He trailed off. He suddenly cleared his throat changing the subject. "I uh...gotcha this here" He said turning around to rummage through a box behind him. He pulled out a fairly good size Hare, snow white fur, large twitchy ears. A cute thing actually. I stared up at him curiously. "You didn't name it did you?" It was more of an accusation than a question. Hagrid scratched the back of his curly hair covered neck. "Uhm...no. Professor Dumbledore told me I ain't oughta name'em because uh...ya know what" He trailed nervously. I hummed casually. "I shall name him then" I said smoothly. Hagrid's expression turned to surprise. "Oh?" I smirked as I eyed the unsuspecting creature. "Its name shall be...dinner" I pretended not to notice when the Half-Giant visibly stiffened.

*Knock Knock* Hagrid shot up from his seat by the fire. I was too occupied to have even noticed the approaching person...or should I say, persons. I sensed multiple people outside the door. I gave Hagrid a look that told him to deal with whatever it was quickly. The only people that should be out here at this time that knew of my late night rendezvous were Professor Dumbledore, Professor Snape and Professor McGonagall. With that being said, I wasn't willing to risk being caught. "Uh hide" Hagrid shooed. I panicked. I was in the middle of trying to eat what was I supposed to do with this 'thing'? 'Dammit' I mentally cursed, crouching down behind a couch. I debated finishing off my meal but I concluded now wasn't the time to act like a savage, I just held onto it behind the couch. 'I really hope they can't smell the blood'

I heard Hagrid open the creaky wooden door. "Hagrid!" It was Harry. 'What! What is he doing here?!' I panicked. I thought he was...oh...no. Damn, I didn't know they planned on coming here tonight. I could've avoided this if I had listened to his plan a little longer. "Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today" Hagrid voiced in a panic. I listened as three voices all responded. "We know about the Philosopher's Stone!" There was a small silence before I heard Hagrid mutter, "Oh" There was a series of shuffling as he allowed them inside. 'Hagrid no!' "We think Snape's trying to steal it" Harry voiced. 'Oh, not this again' I rolled my eyes. While they conversed, I glanced out from behind the couch briefly. I noticed Hagrid's Blood-Hound, Fang, lying idly on the other couch, however, it was sniffing and huffing in my direction. Letting out shorts whines now and then. I eyed the dog giving it looks to 'be quiet' It wanted what I had in my hands. 'No' I mouthed quietly. Fang whined again. I rolled my eyes and hid back behind the couch.

As I attempted to get comfortable I bumped the couch with my knee causing an audible thud. I sucked in a breath but slapped a hand over my mouth to stop myself from exhaling loudly. 'Please don't let this happen to me' I thought. "What was that?" Hermione asked. I heard someone move closer to the couch. I shrunk back. "Oh that was just uh...-" Suddenly a rattling interrupted him. "Oh!" He gasped. This seemed to distract everyone's attention from me. Thank Merlin. From behind the couch, I could see Hagrid rush over to the cauldron and pull out a large egg. 'I knew it was a Drogan egg' I thought, shaking my head slightly. "Uh, Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Harry questioned cautiously. Hagrid went to reply when Ron interrupted. "I know what that is! But Hagrid, how did you get one?" The red-haired boy asked in amazement. "I won it. Off a stranger I met down at a pub. Seemed quite glad to be rid off it, as a matter of fact" Hagrid explained. 'I wonder why' I thought sarcastically. Dragons eggs are black market items in the United Kindom. They're illegal here because there's a possibility that they'll escape the wizarding area and flock to muggle farms where they'll ultimately devour the sheep and cattle.

I heard sounds of cracking and a small explosion. Suddenly I heard a small squawk. 'Why would Hagrid want a baby Dragon?' I wondered. "Is that...a dragon?" Hermione inquired. Ron replied enthusiastically. "That's not just a dragon. That's a Norwegian Ridgeback! My brother Charlie works with these in Romania" 'A Romanian bred Dragon? Oh Great. Now I know why I had a feeling I knew what it was' "Isn't he beautiful? Oh. Bless him, look. He knows his mummy. Hallo, Norbert" Hagrid chuckled. "Norbert?" Harry wondered. "Yeah, well, he's got to have a name, doesn't he?" Hagrid reasoned. Suddenly, dinner twitched and leapt out of my arms. 'That damn Rabbit. How is it not paralyzed!?' It ran out from behind the couch. Ron Harry and Hermione were all startled when they saw it. The dragon spread its little wings and hissed as the small animal made to escape. I lunged out from behind the couch grabbing the Hare and wrestling it back into my arms. The dragon hissed at me believing me to be stealing its food. I momentarily glared at it wanting to hiss back but remembering I had been caught.

"Rachel?" Hermione voiced. I looked up at them and smiled innocently. "Oh! Hi" "What were you doing back there?" Ron questioned. "And you're covered in blood" Harry voiced. I looked down to noticed I was indeed covered in the animal's blood. The surprise on their faces was real. "Oh uhm...you see-" "-Rachel's been helping me take care of the poor creatures. I keep finding'em like that. Something has been attacking'em out in the forest" Hagrid covered. Thank goodness for that. I quickly nodded. "Is that why you said you couldn't come tonight?" Harry questioned curiously. I nodded once more. "I had no idea you'd be coming here. I got startled and I didn't know who it was" I half chuckled. Still holding onto the struggling Hare, Hagrid got up and fetched me a roll of bandages. I carefully wrapped the bleeding neck and placed the animal back into the box where Hagrid had taken it from. 'Waste of a perfectly good meal' I mentally pouted. After dealing with the Rabbit I glanced over at the Dragon. "It was kind of you to do that, Rachel" Hermione praised. I nodded with a smile.

"Wait so you heard everything we said?" Ron concluded almost accusingly. I nodded curtly.
"I basically told her everything earlier today anyways, Ron" Harry explained sheepishly. "Perfect so we're doomed" He exclaimed sarcastically. "Ron" Hermione scolded. "Someone's here" I said warningly. I whipped around to face the window. "Who's that?" Hagrid wondered. ""Malfoy"" Harry and I chorused. As soon as he saw us he sprinted off towards the castle. "Oh dear" Hagrid muttered. "Should we try and stop him?" I wondered. The four of us glanced at each other and ran out of Hagrid's hut to try and catch Draco. When we made it to the castle Professor McGonagall stepped out from the entrance with Draco smirking proudly behind her. I frowned. 'Why'd he have to be such a damn snitch?' McGonagall was still in her nightwear so you could tell she was woken up...and not happy. She spared me a glance. She knew I was a night wanderer but given the circumstance of being caught with other students, I'd have to be punished too. "Good evening" She greeted almost too calmly.

Moments pass as we reluctantly follow the professor to her office where me, Ron, Harry and Hermione all stand in front of her desk. Draco stands a few feet away looking proud of himself and as annoyed as I was I realized I couldn't be mad at him, he was only doing what he thought was right.
"Nothing, I repeat nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken" McGonagall spoke.

"50?!" Harry exclaimed. "Each" She clarified. "And to ensure it doesn't happen again all five of you will receive detention" She added firmly. Malfoy's smile immediately disappears as he looks up at the professor in confusion. "Excuse me, Professor. Perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said... "the five of us" ?" He worded innocently.
"No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honourable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will serve detention with your classmates"

My expression remained blank while Harry, Ron and Hermione grinned at Draco's sullen look. I spared professor McGonagall a quick glance to which she returned. I knew by that look, she was a mix between disappointed and worried, not because I had been out of bed after hours but because I had been caught by other students.
A soft nudge from Harry got my attention. "You might be able to get out of this. Tell her the real reason you were at Hagrid's" Of course I was flattered that Harry cared about whether I got in trouble for this or not and of course I knew that Professor McGonagall was aware of my late night wanderings, even so, I couldn't let others think that I was being given special treatment. I would willingly serve detention alongside them as any normal student would.
"You heard her... "Nothing, gives a student the right to wonder at night"."
I recited passively. Harry frowned with a small nod and turned to face his head of house. I merely glanced away. 'Don't worry, detention never really hurt anyone'

(A.N: OMG guys I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while. To tell you the truth this chapter has been sitting finished for a few weeks now and I just haven't had the time to go over it and publish it.

Things are a bit crazy for me right now. I finally graduated from college this past Tuesday so now I'm done but I have to start working more full-time because my mom is moving and I'm going to be paying rent soon and on top of that I had the rudest awakening this morning.

At like 4:00 AM, I heard some weird wind-like noise but I had no idea what it was so I went back to sleep. (Good job, you'll make a great Police Officer. Amazing observations skills!...NOT!) At around 4:50-5:00 AM my mom woke me up screaming for me to help her downstairs. Not even fully awake I ran downstairs thinking that the house was on fire. I thought that the noise I heard earlier must have been fire blowing around my damn house. (I'm obviously an idiot XD but I was also still not fully aware of what was going on) When I found her by the downstairs bathroom I saw the floor. It was covered in water.

Luckily there's a small lip separating the textile and the hardwood floors that I was standing on. (No hardwood flooring was hurt in the process of this incident) The pipe connecting the water to the toilet tank spontaneously snapped off and was spewing water all over the place. (For anyone who doesn't know, this pipe contains pressurized water so it was flailing like a water hose on steroids) My mom dove in and closed the valve on the toilet, shutting off its water supply and stopping the madness....until we heard something else. The basement!!!

We ran downstairs in a panic, there was so much water. It rained down from the ceiling above us and covered the entirety of the basement floor up to my ankles. I was in shock but I immediately made a beeline to my Older brothers bedroom. His room is in the basement next to the laundry room where we came down. I almost lost my footing in the water, I forgot that shit slippery AF. We installed floorboards in his bedroom and because the basement is grated (graded?) the water didn't completely submerge his room and any water that did go in went under his floorboards except for a puddle under the bed although that didn't stop me from unplugging all of his gaming equipment and console and stacking his $3000 supercomputer on top of his bed. (My Big brother is in the Army and only comes home on weekends) My mother panicked and I had to help rescue her antique bed from the flood. We used every last towel, face cloth and dishcloth in our house and we still couldn't dry everything. (Had to throw the towels through the wash and dryer to get more)

And imagine all this happening at 5:00 AM who the hell is awake to call at that time!? God bless our property manager for responding to our cries for help only 40 minutes later. I was supposed to work today but I had to call in and book off because of the emergency.

Oh, and my dog almost drowned in the mess too. She was in her crate in the kitchen. When we got to her the water was already puddled around her. She didn't even bark or cry to alert us (Useless Weiner dog...JK XD) And she was probably awake the entire time it was happening, the noise was so loud downstairs my mom said the floor was shaking. Anyways, enough of my miserable life. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and please stay tuned for more, I believe things are going to only get more interesting from now on)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 937 44
What if there was more to the Prophecy of Harry Potter? Dumbledore has more than just memories to share with Harry this year. Love was the one thing...
610 86 74
A troubled arrival at Hogwarts, a bloodthirsty Goblin who sees you as an obstacle on his way to great power, dragons, beadts, students out of bed... ...
453 52 28
Sebastian Sallow x Reader Story (Fm) Y/n is a 12 year old witch from a half-blood family as she finally begins her first year at Hogwarts. She navig...
22.8K 840 16
•Marauders Era Reader Insert•Book One• (Y/n) (L/n) had had two defining moments of her life by the age of eleven. The first was the day her parents d...