The Wedding Date {Vampire Dia...

By malirahale

Desperate to show her ex-fiancé that she's better off without him, Elena Gilbert hires male escort Klaus Mika... More

Un
Deux
Trois
Quatre
Cinq
Six
Sept
Neuf
Dix
Onze
Douze
Treize
Quatorze
Quinze
Seize

Huit

706 29 4
By malirahale

Once they both got back into Jeremy's car, heading home, Jeremy turned to face Klaus and asked, "So when is my so-called 'date' going to be arriving?" He was ashamed to admit it but he was nervous, what if the girl didn’t like him? He was never nervous or at least he tried to hide it whenever necessary. He didn’t want to be teased by Damon yet again, being called ‘Little Gilbert.’

"She should be arriving in about an hour or so," Klaus replied, checking his watch, a present from his loving brother, as they pulled up outside the Gilbert House. They both clambered out of the car and advanced towards the steps of the house when Klaus froze.

"Well, are you going to stand there all day or are you going to invite me in?" the voice asked, Klaus recognized the impatient feminine voice and regained his posture before he turned to face them as he plastered a smirk on his face and said, "Aren't we a little temperamental today? And where is my 'surprise'?"

The girl was looked to be about 5’7” with straight blonde hair, which was tied in a top knot with a few strands of hair hanging around her face, and blue/grey eyes. She was wearing a black studded cross vest top with a pair of black leggings, which ended about mid-thigh, and her outfit was topped off with a pair of black and white polka dotted converse.

“Well that’s a nice way to greet your little sister,” she replied, running towards her older brother throwing her arms around him and tackling him in a hug. Jeremy could detect a slight British accent in her voice like her older brother.

“You must be Jeremy,” she said, gesturing toward him once she pulled out of the hug

“And I guess that makes you my ‘date’,” Jeremy grinned

“Yes,” she simply answered, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear

“Are you going to tell me your name?”

“When you earn it,” she smirked, “so where will I be staying?”

He pouted for a second, resembling a baby puppy, before covering it up so he didn’t get teased.

“Well, we’ve got a guest room or you can stay in my room...if you want,” he smirked

“Well, dear sister, it seems that you forgot about me,” a voice said, coming from the side of the Gilbert house.

The guy towered over the girl at a height of 6’1” who screamed trouble from the dark brown hair to the matching dark brown eyes. The pair looked were as opposite as light and darkness. Where she looked more like her mother and brother, he took after his other brothers and his father. 

“Well, I thought surprises were supposed to be a good thing,” Klaus smiled, as the guy emerged from the side of the house.

 ----------------------------------------

“Guys, hurry up,” Rebekah barked at her older brothers, “The flight leaves in four hours. It could take time to get a taxi. There could be traffic. The plane could leave early. When we get to Mystic Falls, there could be a line at customs. Come on,” she rambled on, trying to catch her breath at the end. She raced around the living room floor as she looked over her checklist.

“For a start, Bekah, Mystic Falls is literally in the middle of nowhere so there probably won’t be held back at customs,” Kol informed his sister who simply ignored him like usual.

“Toothbrush. Check. Hairbrush. Check. Deodorant,” she paused to rummage through her suitcase, “Not here,” she said to herself as she raced out of the room running up the stairs to find her desired item, almost knocking her eldest brother, Finn, over as she pushed past him in the hallway.

“Six-hour trip to Mystic Falls. That's a lot of Bekah,” Kol complained as he threw himself back onto the leather sofa in the living room causing his brother Elijah to crack a smile at his ‘pain’ , “Can’t you go instead ‘Lijah?” he whined.

“I’ve got meetings all day tomorrow that I can’t cancel,” Elijah replied, attempting to hide his laughter at his brother’s ‘pain’

“How about you, Finn?” Kol asked, spotting Finn enter the living room

“I’ve got plans with Sage tomorrow,” he answered, scrolling through his white iPhone 5 before slipping it into the back pocket of his jeans.

“Can’t you cancel?” Kol begged

Finn ignored his plea and questioned, “Weren’t you complaining earlier that you don’t have your ‘drinking buddy’?”

“Fine, I’ll go,” Kol huffed, getting up off the sofa and storming out of the room, leaving a satisfied look on Finn’s face.

Once Rebekah announced that she was going off to Mystic Falls for the wedding, Esther nearly had a fit. She didn’t want to send her only daughter halfway around the world by herself and argued with Rebekah that she wasn’t allowed to go but Elijah, using his many talents,  comprised the situation and proposed that one of her brothers would go with her and as both Finn and Elijah claimed that they both had plans that they couldn’t cancel, Kol was the only option left.

 --------------------------

“Are you sure that your mom won’t mind me having dinner here? It’s just my mom is in town for the wedding and my dad is letting her stay at my house and there’s a lot of sexual tension there...,” Bonnie rambled, silently thanking Elena for ‘saving’ her from her parents.

“My mom won’t mind at all, she’ll probably be happy to see me reconnecting with my friends,” Elena reassured Bonnie, pulling up outside the Gilbert residence.

Elena got out of her car and waited for Bonnie to climb out the other side before they both headed into the house.  Elena let Bonnie in first but Bonnie stopped in her tracks, when she saw two people, one female and one male, she didn’t recognise in Elena’s kitchen, causing Elena to bump into her.

“What’s wrong, Bon?” Elena asked her friend, looking at her concerned

“Who are they?” she replied, pointing towards the two people in the kitchen, who hadn’t noticed the two girls lurking at the front door.

“Well, I can’t exactly see with your big head in the way,” Elena joked but Bonnie glared at her before moving out of the way so Elena could get a better look.

“That one’s Kol,” she pointed towards the male, “he’s Klaus’ younger brother”

“Is that the ‘friend’ that we spoke about on the phone?” Bonnie quirked an eyebrow at her best friend

“Yep,” she replied

“And the girl?” Bonnie asked

“I’m guessing that’s Jer’s date to the wedding,” she shrugged, as she finally closed the front door, alerting the four people in the kitchen that someone came in.

“Since when does Jer have a date to the wedding?” Bonnie inquired but her answer was interrupted by a shout.

“Lena, is that you?” Jer shouted from the kitchen

“Yeah, Jer,” she shouted back, “Bon is here as well”

“Hey Bon,” Jer shouted but as Bonnie was about to reply, an angry Katherine screamed from the top of the stairs, “Will you guys knock it off? I’m trying to get some beauty sleep!”

“Are you hibernating?” Jer shouted back at her, but instead of responding Katherine slammed her bedroom door shut, which caused everyone except Jeremy and Elena to flinch. It seemed that her family really hadn’t changed since she left, Elena thought to herself.

“Is she always that aggressive?” Kol asked Jeremy who shrugged in response

“She’s usually worse,” Elena replied as she walked into the kitchen with Bonnie trailing behind her like a lost puppy. The way Klaus’ face brightened a lot when he saw Elena enter did not go unnoticed by Rebekah.

“What are you doing here, Bon?” Jeremy asked, leaning back against the counter with a bottle of beer in his hands

“Do you not want me here? Because I can go...” she began ranting but Jeremy grabbed her shoulders lightly.

“I didn’t say that you had to leave. I asked why you were here.”

“Abby’s back in town”

“Ouch! Where’s she staying?"

“Oh, here’s the fun part! My dad thought that it would be such a wonderful idea for her to stay at our house until after the wedding,” she replied sarcastically, crossing her arms in an angry matter.

“And I’m guessing there’s a lot of sexual tension,” Jer smirked, taking another sip of his beer

“Yep”

“Why did Caroline even invite her?” 

“It’s Caroline,” she stated, “Do you really want to question her sanity?”

“Are you as confused as I am?” Kol whispered to Rebekah

“Oh! That was rude of me; I’m Bonnie, Elena’s best friend”

 “I’m Kol,” he introduced himself, kissing her hand causing her to giggle like a schoolgirl.

“And you are?” she turned to Rebekah

“Ask Jeremy,” she winked at him

“She won’t tell me her name!” Jeremy huffed, and everyone else in the room laughed at his childish behaviour.

----------------------------

After dinner, Jeremy showed Kol to the guest room and brought Rebekah to his room. Bonnie much to her own discomfort thought it would be better if she returned home so she didn’t get under anyone’s feet in the Gilbert house. There was already eight people staying here and it was packed enough.

“Are you ever going to tell me your name?”

“You haven’t done anything to deserve it yet,” she smirked, the same smirk as Kol and Klaus.

“What do I have to do to deserve it then?”

“You’ll work it out if you really want it,” she grinned as she sat on Jeremy’s double bed and looked around his room. It was a typical boy’s room with clothes thrown everywhere along with books and DVDs which were scattered around the room. She was pretty sure she saw a few pizza boxes stuffed under his bed, she shuddered at the thought. At least her brothers weren’t that bad.

“What are you? A pig?” she scoffed

“If you try living with Kat long enough, this” he pointed to his mess, “won’t seem so bad”

“So how was your day, sweetheart?” Klaus asked Elena, as they entered her bedroom together once Bonnie left and everyone else was off doing their own things.

“It was alright, I spent the day hanging with Bon and Care,” she smiled, “How was your day? Jer didn’t make you uncomfortable today, did he?”

“No, Jeremy was on his best behaviour,” he reassured her

“So what did you guys do all day?”

“He actually brought me to some football game, it was actually quite fun”

 "I think you mean soccer," she laughed 

"I forgot you Americans call our football, soccer"

Elena shook her head and commented, “I forgot they still do that”

"Do what?"

"The whole weekend soccer gathering" 

“Damon took off in a tantrum afterwards,” he smirked

“Why?”

“His team lost”

“He can’t stand losing!” she explained, “It wounds his ego”

“No one can hurt his ego, it’s pretty huge,” he laughed

“Don’t remind me,” she joked

They both sat laughing for a few minutes until a silence fell in the room. It wasn’t exactly an awkward silence it was more of a comfortable one – well as comfortable a silence can be when two people barely know each other.

“Why’d you agree to this?” she asked him, out of the blue

“What?” he asked, confused as to what she was talking about

“I heard that you never do weddings,” she replied

“I've never done a wedding before; it wasn't because I've never been asked. I just never said yes,” he answered

“Why'd you say yes to me?” she asked, curious

“There was something in your voice on the phone that day,” he explained

“Desperation?”

“I think it was hope,” he replied, looking her in the eyes. He could swear he felt something for her, but he shook it off, thinking he was slightly delusional.

He changed the subject slightly, “One time I had to escort someone to a funeral”

“An escort at a funeral? Somebody's dead,” she joked

“Yeah, imagine facing that alone,” he replied, gazing at her in the eyes again

A phone call brought them back to reality. Elena looked at the caller ID, it was Bonnie.

“Hey Bon”

“Hey Lena, I can’t cope any longer. Can I stay at yours?”

“I’m not sure. You might be allowed to sleep on the couch”

“Anything to get me out of this house”

“Why? What happened?”

“Well…”

 ---------------------

Bonnie was seated at the head of her mahogany kitchen table with her parents sitting on either side of her. They were discussing Elena’s wedding fiasco.

“Well, at least she had the chance to leave a man at the altar,” Abby said, looking at Bonnie while taking a sip of red wine from her glass

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Bonnie defended herself

“Nothing. It’s an expression,” Abby replied

“No, it’s not”

“Don’t listen to your mother. You’re independent and you always have been. Even when you were a kid, when you’d read alone in your room or play with your puzzles, you were just fine!”

Rudy paused before he continued his speech, “They are people like Elena, who need to shoot for the stars, with her fleeing after the whole breakup and building herself a whole new life. Other people are satisfied with staying where they are. I’m telling you, these are the people who never get cancer. They're happy with what they have, they're basically content, like... cows.”

--------------------

“I can’t cope; one of them is going to drive me over the edge”

“Sure, you can stay here. You can sleep on the couch”

“Thank you, thank you, thank you,” she screamed into the phone

“It’s no problem”

“Okay, I’ll see you in ten”

“Okay, bye”

Sorry for not updating in years but here we go :)

Finally finished my exams tomorrow, it's Physics so hopefully it'll go well! Then I'm going to France on Sunday with my friends. I'm beyond excited. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 4.8K 45
Includes: Klaus, Stefan, Damon, Matt, Tyler, Jeremy, Kol, Elijah, Elena, Rebekah, and Caroline. Female reader *** Cover Template Credit @Icefalls
24.9K 752 31
Caroline's life is perfect. Perfect boyfriend. Perfect friends. Perfect family... Well maybe that's the one thing that's not perfect. One day when Kl...
1.1M 27.8K 23
"Those who know her name think of her only as a myth. After all, who would believe that the most feared being in all existence has a soft spot, or co...
65.7K 738 3
Damon Salvatore, silver never gold. Second never first. Compared to his martyr golden brother, he is a spare. To his parents, Katherine, friends and...