The King's Assassin (B×B) [Bo...

By Squidtcyc

"Eat." I ordered as I pressed the spoon against his lips but in return, earned a cold glare from him. Before... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Alternate ending

Chapter 10

8.3K 308 36
By Squidtcyc

Eros’s POV:

‘Can i hef some clotes?’ I wrote as Jessica, Lucifer’s mother, nodded eagerly before exiting my room. I feel bad to do this to them… they’ve been treating me so well… but I have to do this. For them, I’ll do anything.

12:00. Locking the door swiftly behind her, I took out the metal fork which I’ve snuck from Lucifer from under my pillow before working my way with the window locks. I have 10 minutes max before the new guard arrives. The pattern that I’ve observed for the past month is such that a different guard will be stationed outside my side of the castle for every 2 hour and 50 minutes.

There will then be a 10 minute interval before the next guard takes their spot. Now I can help the rest infiltrate without much worry. The small guy will be on duty next. Out of all of them, the one who’s on duty at 12:10 is the smallest and least buff so it’ll be easier to escape even if I get spotted.

Tampering with the lock swiftly, I slide open the window before sneaking out silently. Standing on the roof just directly outside my window, I slide down the tiles before leaping to the one beside it as I neared the end. 3 floors down. 4 floors to go-

“Stop!” Shit. He’s not supposed to be here. It’s only 5 minutes! Shit.

Couldn’t be bothered about the consequences, I leaped off the roof and into one of the tall leafy trees in the woods, catching hold of its bark securely before scaling down agilely. Taking off swiftly, the shouts behind me soon turned into muffles as I rolled my eyes at their slowness.

Tripping on my jelly like legs due to not eating for the whole time in the castle, I halted in my tracks when my eyes spotted the person in front of me. My eyes grew wide in astonishment. This cannot be real… how can he be here? I didn’t tell anyone about my plans.

“L-” Before I knew it, I felt a heavy and sharp pain hit the back of my head as I fell forward with eyes falling shut, losing consciousness instantly.

Where did I go wrong?

Jessica’s POV:

“Lucifer, you can’t stay here forever. Even Doctor White doesn’t know when he’ll wake. It’s been a week already.” I sighed gently while resting my hand on Lucifer’s shoulder gently.

“He’ll wake up. I know he will.” He said in a pained voice as he gripped onto Ky’s, that’s his name according to Lucifer, limp hand even tightly. He pressed his lips against Ky’s fingers as he stared at him with eyes filled with emotions I’ve never seen him show to others before.  “It’s all my fault…”

“It’s not your fault, Lucifer. You did not cause him to get hurt.” He shook his head quickly as I stare at him curiously.

“It’s all my fault… I did this to him.” What rubbish is he saying?! He saved him! If he had not rushed Ky back, he would’ve been dead already.

“Look here you idiotic piece of no brainer bas-” I started but was cut off quickly by a soft moan.

“Urgh…” A soft groan escaped Ky’s lips as his eyes fluttered open slightly, making Lucifer jump up from his seat quickly to call for White. He’s awake… he’s finally awake. Thank goodness.

The door soon slammed open again, revealing Lucifer and Dr White standing there, both with looks of relief. Checking his vitals quickly, Dr White announced that Ky’s alright and seems to be recovering well.

“How are you feeling?” Dr White questioned slowly as Ky processed his words.

“W-Where am I? What’s my name? What happened to me?” He asked fearfully as he watched us carefully with much cautiousness.

Lucifer’s POV:

“W-Where am I? What’s my name? What happened to me?” Ky questioned anxiously as he scanned us with watchful eyes. He lost his memories…

“Umm… you see here-” Doctor White started but I cut him off immediately before taking a seat next to Ky who’s watching my every move on high alert.

“Your name is Kai and you’re my boy-bestfriend and one of the castle’s best warrior. That’s my mum, Jessica, and that’s Doctor White, the castle’s doctor. You’ve accidentally stepped on a landmine during a solo mission but thankfully came out not badly scattered as your comrade hauled you away in the nick of time. But you two crashed your heads against a wall and got knocked out. He haf already awaken a week ago.” I lied smoothly as Mum and Doctor White stared at me amused.

“Are you a warrior too?” He questioned with wide innocent eyes, making me feel a tinge of guilt for lying to him about him being a warrior and my best friend.

“No… I’m the King of this castle.” His eyes widened in surprise as he organised his new found ‘knowledge’ about him and us.

“And I’m your best friend?”

“Yes, Kai.”

“What’s your name?” He forgot… What was I hoping for? He can’t even remember his own name.

“L-”

“Lu… cifer… Right?” He confirmed with me hesitantly as I nodded in disbelief. He remembers? I can’t believe this.

“Y-Yes.”

“Can I be blunt? I feel like you’ve been an annoying person to me beforehand. But I don’t seem to mind it...” Ehhhh… so that’s how he thinks of me… ouch.

“I may have annoyed you a few times or so… but you’ve paid me back double everytime I did something you dislike.” I chuckled hesitantly while scratching the back of my head guiltily as I thought of how many times I’ve been showered by him with food.

“Sorry about that.” He apologised as I gasped in shock. He just apologised! Wait a minute… Holy peanut butter and jelly! He’s been talking to me and not giving me the cold stone-faced stare! Did the incident cause him to not only lose his memories but change his character too?

“N-No-No wo-worries! By the way, how does food sound?” Maybe this time he’ll finally eat some food too! As if on cue, his stomach growled loudly causing him to blush deeply as he poked his stomach to shut up. “I’ll take that as a ‘shut the fuck up and give me some food now’ ”. I said with a light chuckle as he chuckled shyly before nodding lightly.

I know just what to make. Eggs! The excited look on his face when he saw the omelete says it all. Even though it only lasted for less than 5 seconds.

Wasting no time at all, I raced to the kitchen and rummaged the cupboards and fridge for ingredients to make egg benedict while the chef stood there watching me speechlessly like I was some mad man. Stare all you want, I know that the hottest man is one who cooks for his lover and that’s yours truly.

In less than 10 minutes, I placed the plate in front of Kai as he stared at it with wide hungry eyes while his stomach growled loudly making me grin internally. Now I know what his weakness is. “It’s going to get cold if you keep staring at it, Ky.”

Rolling his eyes irritatedly at me, he dug into his food and practically vacuumed the plate clean. “This is awesome… I’m so going to make you my wife.” He murmured under his breath as I lost mine when I choked on the air. What did he just say?! Make me his w-wife?! What makes him think that he’ll be the one on top and I’ll be freaking bottom!

“I’ll cook daily for you if I’m the top.” I said with a smirk as there’s no way he’ll say no to that.

“Deal.” He replied without much thoughts as he held out his empty plate. Well that was easy… wait… did he even hear what I’ve just said? “Seconds please.” He jabbed my abs roughly, making me hiss in pain while glaring at him. Averting his eyes without much care, he then pushed the plate against my arm as I sighed in defeat. What am I going to do with him?

Taking his plate from him, I started to whip up a second serving for him only to hear the fridge slam shut before a tray of eggs was placed beside the stove. “I want 10.”

“10 smacks to your ass or what?”

“Eggs. I can’t eat smacks... only snacks.” Okay smartass...

“No. 10 is too much. 4 the most.” He’s going to suffer from high cholesterol if he eats that many eggs in a go. I already gave him 2.

“No. I want 10.” He huffed before opening the tray and shoving the tray against my chest. Geez. That hurts you know?

“2 then.”

“10.” He gritted out angrily like a little kid throwing a tantrum as I pretended to ignore him. “Fine! 4.” He finally grunted out disappointedly as I nodded at him in satisfation.

“Good- *crack* boy… come here you devil!” Turning off the stove shut, I threw off my egg stained shirt and into the wash basket before chasing after the devil in disguise. He actually dared to smash an egg against me!

“Sloth.” He called out playfully before dashing away. Oh he’s so going to get it from me.

Stopping in my tracks, I slumped on the sofa lazily before closing my eyes and started to count. Before I can even reach 50, I felt a finger jabbing against my abs once more as I opened my eyes to find the ‘angel’ standing there with an adorable pout on his face. “What?”

“I want eggs.” He simply answered as I raised a brow at him.

“What should you say before that?”

“I’m hungry?” He questioned back innocently, making me facepalm hard. You know what? Never mind…

“Just.…. go and wash your hands.” I pointed towards his egg filled hands as he nodded obediently before walking off but not before wiping his hands over my abs and chest with a satisfied smirk. T-That DEVIL!!!

At least this Kai is better than the one before. I prefer him this way. Eating heartily, talking freely and annoying the fuck out of me even though he does that even from the start.

Damn it… I’m already so whipped and we’re not even dating. Scratch that. We hardly even know each other. Sigh… Why the hell did I even wish for a challenging one?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 52.4K 51
"Just try it, it will feel amazing." She said wiggling it in front of my face. "Ew, God no." I replied, knocking it under the car seat "You're such a...
Scholar By ☆

Teen Fiction

1M 40.2K 30
[COMPLETED] [Warning: Strong language used throughout the book.] He put his hand over my notebook and the other over mine. I glared up at him, his go...
34.7K 1.4K 89
Life has always been the same. Eat. Sleep. Work. Repeat. All this while, it has been a hustle. I thought that finally I can take a breather. Until...
99.6K 1.9K 24
Dylan smashed his lips against mine. Slipping his tongue in, intertwining our tongues together. "Mmhm...ha...ha...s-stop" I said panting. He lifts my...