Locked in with the Enemy

By georgia101197

Maeve's Dad is the headteacher of Seeder Grove school for boys, so Maeve ended up the only girl in school. Sh... More

Chapter one;
Chapter two;
Chapter three;
Chapter four;
Chapter five;
Chapter six;
Chapter eight;

Chapter seven;

142 5 3
By georgia101197

I was a heavy sleeper so it surprised me when I woke up and it still seemed like morning. As my senses came too I realised I could feel a small weight around my waist and my body was pressed against something warm. My heart started to race in my chest as I couldn’t figure out why I could feel someone. I slowly raised my head and peeked out of one eye; when I moved the arm that was snaked around my waist tightened.

I could now see my head was on someone’s chest; then I saw a face. It was Noah’s face. Suddenly the events of yesterday came pouring into my mind making me panic thinking about it. I lay there thinking about the ways to move without waking him up; I would have stayed still if I actually liked the guy.

I decided to move his arm first then try and sit up while keeping him asleep. I didn’t hate him so much that I would wake him up; it was a well-known fact most teenagers love their sleep.

As I tried to release myself from his arm he tightened his grip again forcing me to pry his arm off. Once had that out of the way I started sitting up, when I was half way there he decided it would be a great time to roll over.

“Fantastic.” My sarcasm was not at its finest at this time of day. I was now pinned to the floor by half of Noah’s body. The proximity gave me a chance to study his face. His face looked completely calm with not an imperfect feature; his lips were full and pink; his nose was long and straight. I had a thing for jaw lines, always had always will, and his jaw line was spectacular. He had black long eyelashes to match his black hair that was short and a little spiked up from sleeping. He looked cute when he was asleep. Wait! What was I thinking, Noah and cute do not go in the same sentence.

I knew I was going to have to wake him up and soon because I was losing my breath.

“Noah, would you please get off me.” His brown eyes began to flutter to attention.

“Huh?” He groaned, telling me he blatantly was not a morning person.

“I can’t breathe!” I gasped.

“Maeve?” He was obviously still in doo-dah land. “Oh right sorry.” He realised he was on top of me when his hand wrapped around my waist. Noah rolled off me letting the oxygen come back into my body.

“Thank you.”

“Yeah, sorry about that.” He smiled shyly at me making a shiver go up my spine.

“It’s fine. So what are we going to do today?” I grinned at him trying to focus on the fact we were locked in.

“You promised me twenty questions.” He said after thinking a while. “Would you like to go first Maeve?”

“You can ask first.” He grinned like he had a whole load of questions for me.

“Question one; who’s your boyfriend?”

“Way to get straight to the point. I don’t have one.” His face fell in shock when I said my last sentence.

“How can you not have one?” He gasped.

“Excuse me Noah but I believe it’s my turn.” He nodded in response obviously dying to ask me. “Question one; Do you have a girlfriend if so who?”

“I use to. Right you know what your question is.” Noah grinned at me again.

“Just because I go to an all boy school doesn’t mean I have to have a boyfriend.”

“Hurry and ask me I have another question.” The excitement radiating off Noah was funny to watch.

“Question two; what happened to you and your girlfriend?”

“I split up with her when we moved here. Right question three; have you ever had a boyfriend from our school?” I knew this question was going to come.

“Yes I have. Question three-”

“Hey that was not a good enough answer!” His shocked face was almost funny.

“You just asked if I had not anything else. Now question three; why did you move here?” I had always wondered why they bothered because my Dad had said they came from a really good job.

“My um… my sister died she was a year older than me; Nathan and I protected her from everything. Until one day we didn’t protect her; we’d had an argument so we had left her to go to school by herself and we lived in a rough neighbourhood.

On her way to school she was stabbed in an alley because she wouldn’t go with this random man. She bled to death all alone and cold; the last face she saw was his.” I had tears in my eyes when he’d finished but I couldn’t see his face since he was looking down. “My family wanted to move somewhere where there were no teenage girls because every time we saw one Alfie would bawl his eyes out.” I crawled over to him and lifted his chin up.

“I don’t want to play this game anymore.” It was true that after hearing that story I felt sick to the pit of my stomach.

“But I still have things to ask you.” He stammered.

“All right but I don’t have any more questions.”  He nodded while thinking about his next question.

“Who was your boyfriend and what happened?” I knew he would ask.

“His name was or I should say is Will Cage. You might know him because he’s in our year; but luckily none of my classes. I can’t seem to look at him after he did that to me.

We were going out last year and over the Christmas break he had cheated on me with this girl in his neighbourhood. So when he came back he told me then dumped me because she was the girl he’d always wanted. But a few days later he came crawling back and miss gullibility over here took him back. So we were seeing each other until he dumped me for the second time because and I quote ‘some of the lads like you too so I don’t think it would be fair on them.’ Of course this made me really upset so the next time he came running back I refused until he said ‘I’m so sorry, they just all like you and I can’t stand it when the ogle you in front of me.’

I had this weird thing where I thought being jealous was cute because it showed they cared.  So I stupidly took him back only for him to cheat on me with the same girl in the Easter holidays; but this time he didn’t tell me. Tom his best friend told me because at one point in his life he was a good person who thought I deserved better; now Tom is just the same.

I dumped him the second I saw his face that day in front of everyone; that was the only time I’ve ever cried at school. But something good did come out of that.” I smiled at the memory completely forgetting I was telling a story to Noah.

“And that is?” He egged on.

“Later that day Will was found beaten up in a closet but the thing was all of my friends were with me all day. So that means other boys in our school are protective of me too.” I was happy some boys liked me in the school. “Oh and it wasn’t Dan or Ben because they were away with football.”

“I could have told you the boys were protective over you. To them you’re like a little sister; even the ones who you never speak to.” He smiled.

“How would you know?” I meant offense to him but he had only been at our school for two weeks.

“I was talking to them about you and it was the day we first meant. So I wasn’t exactly being nice about you and Rory but they all stood up for you; having a right go at me because I called you some stuff. Sorry about that.” He grinned as his embarrassment grew.

“It’s fine because I said stuff about you too.” My cheeks flushed red as I smiled at him.

“You blush a lot.” I could feel my cheeks going redder.

“Thanks? I’m not sure if that’s a compliment or not.”

“It is you look cute.” He quickly looked away when he had realised he had just called me cute.

“Thank you.” I tried not to giggle but I couldn’t help it.

“Don’t ever tell anyone I said that.” He groaned covering his face.

“If we make it out of here alive.” I said but Noah didn’t notice my sarcasm.

“What?”

“I was joking!” I gasped raising my hands in defence.

“God Maeve you scared me there.” He laughed placing his hand over his heart.

“Do you not listen in Biology, there is no way we could die in three days when we have some food and drink.” Noah’s deep breaths made me laugh even harder causing him to laugh a lot.

When we had finished laughing we were lying side by side clutching our stomachs.

“I’d never do that to you.”

“Do what?”

“Cheat on you; only scum do that. If I was lucky enough to have you I’d try my damn best to keep you. Most boys here would do anything to have you around there arm.”

“Don’t you mean in their bed?” I giggled at the thought of them being ‘on the pull’ with me.

“Maybe some of them but most would do anything for just one little smile or kiss.” Noah turned his head to the side to look at me so I copied while looking at him.

“Do you come under the ‘most’ category?” I was generally curious.

“That’s something for me to know and you to find out.” He smirked moving his gaze to the ceiling. Noah said it in a way I couldn’t guess whether he liked me or not so I was once again left in the dark.

“Well thanks for the hint.” I said sarcastically under my breath.

“Next question; why do you care if I like you or not; do you not have enough boys that like you already?” Noah raised his eyebrows in suspicion.

“No I’ve already told you the boys don’t like me in that way; only a sisterly way. I wondered whether you liked me or not because it would have been nice to know when I’m stuck in here with you. Was that answer good enough for you?”

“Yes it was a great answer.” He smiled sweetly before asking the next question. “Do you have your eye on anyone special?”

“Maybe, but I’m not telling you who.” There was no way I was telling him a secret Rory or Dan didn’t even know.

“It’s fine I already have my suspicions.” He knew this would get me annoyed so I had to ask.

“Like who exactly?”

“Oh Rory, Jamie, Jack, Aiden, Ben, Connor, Tom and Will.” I was truly shocked.

“How do you even know that many people you’ve barely been here for two weeks? Besides how do you know that I know or hang out with them?”

“I have a memory for names; and to answer you second question. You hang out with the first four all the time; Ben is you brother’s friend, correct? Tom and Will you mentioned before in your story and Connor was the boy you had a little encounter with in Maths the other day.” Noah smirked at his knowledge.

“If I have never told you this I honestly apologise; you’re weird.”

“Why thank you Maeve.” We both grinned at each other stupidly while shooting random questions.

“Favourite colour?”

“Purple, you?” I replied.

“Green.”

“Favourite food?”

“Pizza and you?” my second favourite food.

“Pasta.”

“We have a thing for Italian food.” He noted.

“Oh my god we do. We should so open a Italian restaurant when we’re older and serve our favourite pasta and pizza!” I exclaimed getting overly excited about my idea.

“Yes! I t could have the classroom effect like this room how we got locked in here.”

“We are pure geniuses.” I shouted raising my arms in the air.

“Who knew we’d make a good team, eh?”

“Yeah who knew.” I sighed. We were lying down right next to each other; I could even smell his breath. I didn’t know what was up with me since I’d been with boys since I was 11 and now I was getting all hot and nervous around the new, arrogant jerk. I must have a mental problem.

“I’m getting hungry.” He groaned clutching his stomach.

“Don’t be a baby its only 10o’clock. We can maybe eat at lunch time.”

“I would normally have eaten by now.” I could tell Noah was your average teenage boy who couldn’t survive without food every two minutes.

“Really, I’d still be asleep.” We lay in silence for a while before he spoke.

“Do you think we’ll get out of here before Monday?”

“I don’t think so since no one has any reason to look for us here.”

“Where would your family look?” He asked.

“Dan will be the only person who knows so far unless he’s rung them for help. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he was passed out in bed not knowing I was missing.” I grinned at the thought of my parents face when they found out he hadn’t noticed.

“Nathan will be worried sick; we’ve never been separated.” I nodded at the thought before I had an idea.

“Do you not have that twin telepathy?” I was grinning now with my body pushed up on my elbows.

“Sorry but I think is just a myth.”

*****************************************************************************

Hey Guys,

               You'll be happy to know there isn't much to say today.

First hope you liked the chapter and send me any ideas for the cast via private message.

FAN, COMMENT, VOTE, PRIVATE MESSAGE!

I've decided not to promise an update anymore since I always miss it. I will update soon though.

That's all and let me know what you think!

Georgia 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 507 17
I'm Danni, my mum dies when I was 15, 2 years on, I'm 17 a loner I keep to myself, I get good grades, my dad? he is never home, the love in my family...
7.3K 357 13
(BxB, don't like, don't read) Mason is a hunter ever since his parents were died, his aunt had taken care of him since then but what would happen if...
3M 32.8K 12
It's a story about a Bad Boy (of course) and a "nerd". Tanya is the school "nerd" even though she's probably the sluttiest girl there is with an aver...
302K 3.1K 26
(Y/N) is a normal boy, with a normal school, normal personality, almost normal everything. He however has a not so normal dad. His father is Vincent...