Whoa Baby

By RealityCheck101

Paisley Devoncourt is your typical sweetheart of the family that every parent is proud of. Smart, caring, res... More

Chapter 1- Teenagers
Chapter 2- The Ace's
Chapter 4- The Day After
Chapter 5- Sex
Chapter 6- Make Your Decisions
Chapter 7- Sunset
Chapter 8- When One Chapter Ends
Chapter 9- Beach House
Chapter 10- What Father Doesn't Know
Chapter 11- The Bump
Chapter 12- Cover Up
Chapter 13- Time To Take A Risk, Sweetheart
Chapter 14- Breakfast
Chapter 15- A is for...
Chapter 16- Everybody Knows
Chapter 17- Daddies Cry Too
Chapter 18- Like It Never Happened
Chapter 19- Fear To Fearless
Chapter 20- Peter Pan Didn't Want To Grow Up
Chapter 21- The Magical Place of Pinterest
Chapter 22- Blue Everything
Chapter 23- The Sperm
Chapter 24- Worse Than I Thought
Chapter 25- Prove A Point
Chapter 26- Something Unpredictable
Chapter 27- No Right
Chapter 28- Goodbye
Chapter 29- Invisible Lines
Chapter 30- The Kick
Chapter 31- The Cravings
Chapter 32- The Dinner
Chapter 33- Think Again
Chapter 34- Oooh, Baby, Baby
Chapter 35-There He Goes
Chapter 36- Not Knowing Is Better
Chapter 37- When You Least Expect It
Chapter 38- Meet Our Baby
Chapter 39- To Being Parents
Chapter 40- The Key To Family
Chapter 41- Have Mercy
IMPORTANT NEWS
Chapter 42- The Future Lies Ahead
Chapter 43- After Hours of a Teenage Boy
Chapter 44- One Night
Chapter 45- The Unexpected
Chapter 46- Life is Uncontrollable
Chapter 47- My Guardian Angel of Nightmares
Chapter 48- He's Got Your...
Chapter 49- Wake Me Up
Chapter 50- Lots of Stories
Chapter 51- Something Personal
Chapter 52- The Big Bang
Chapter 53- The Devoncourts
Chapter 54- Emotions Run High
Chapter 55- New Chapter
Chapter 56- C'est La Vie
Chapter 57- In Non Couples Therapy
Chapter 58- 5 Years, 9 Months, 5 Days

Chapter 3- Converting the Good Girl

472K 8K 4.9K
By RealityCheck101

Whoa Baby.

Chapter 3- Converting the Good Girl

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw

Like in every town in a romantic or dramatic novel where the person would run off to in attempt to escape from his or her problems there is a deserted location of a hill, cliff or waterside view of some sorts. Our town too has this. A typical cliché, off the road strip of land nick named "Sunset Drop Off" or what every teenager at Avon high would say instead, the Drop Off. No one really cared for the beautiful sun set it displayed.

Sunset Drop Off. Two miles before it crossed over to the next town. Teenagers come here all the time on weekends or after games to party and hang out. Maybe because no one really came down the road beside it or because it's just on the brinks of our oh-so-lovely little town. It's a private little peaceful place and right now that's what I wanted. Peace. A place where no one would come find me to argue with me. A place where I could just continue to imagine my mental battles. Alone. In peace.

When I parked my car someway close to the spot I wanted, I got out and grabbed a blanket from the trunk. I placed it on the grass, sitting comfortably upon it and looked out to the sun. It was blinding, and sometime within the hour it should be setting.

For once in my family I wanted to have my own opinion and not be judged upon them. The world is changing and you just have to cope and move on with it. 740,000 teenage girls in the US get pregnant every year. It's not frowned up like it was back in the fifties. It's almost become normal! Same with gay marriage. Sensitive topics with my family.

My opinion in all this: if it doesn't affect me do what you want to do. If it makes you happy than I can cur with it. Do I like it? No. It goes against my religion. It should be, like God wrote in the Bible, man and women, sex after marriage. But if it makes you happy that's your choice, your life decision, not mine. That's not how my grandmother sees it though. She's strictly anti everything. If it's not in the Bible it's a work from the devil.

My grandmother is such a hard ass. Yes she's entitled to her own opinion but you can't just start going about hating people and getting into arguments with people who don't agree with you! That's how fighting starts! Stop trying to force people into accepting your point of view on things because most likely they already have formed their opinion about it.

I pushed my hair out of my face as the wind kept coming and going. Life is just boring. My life is boring. That's why I can't wait to move out to College. I can't wait to experience new things and be part of the world and find myself on my own. I want to learn about things on my own. I want experience! Adventure! Spontaneous events that I can go back on my life and think 'oh member that time when!' My life is filled with: I hung out with my family, I went to church, I did something for the church, I went to school- boring, boring, boring. I guess-

"Mind if I join you?" A voice calls out. Startled I turn around, my heart thumping in my chest rapidly. How did I not hear that car park behind me?

The car door slams as I look over to some dark blue or black Jeep parked right next to mine. Who is that? I squinted to the person responding with a confused, "Yeah, sure." Looking at the boy for a couple more moments the boy had a striking resemblance to JC Ace. Is that JC Ace?

The JC look alike sat on top of the hood of his car, digging for something in his pockets. I turned back around, looking at the view ahead of me. I think that is JC Ace! From behind my back I heard the sound of a lighter clicking a couple of times. Great, now I'm a victim to second hand smoking.

"Hey you're the preacher's daughter I saw earlier." He spoke behind me. I heard his feet land on the crunchy grass and his footsteps walking to me. I could smell the horrible stench of his cigarette. I don't answer him but instead just stare out in front of me. I saw his hand move at the corner of my eye as he brings the poison to his lips and exhales the toxic air. "Our moms know each other you know." He mentions flicking specks off his cancer stick.

"And our grandfathers." I add sighing. Why are we talking to one another? I came here to vent out my problems and he's interrupting.

"You knew my granddad?" He asked curiously.

"Not personally, no. But I used to see him when my grandfather was around. He used to say they were friends." I answer his curiosity.

"Yeah I remember that." He murmured, inhaling another breath of his cigarette before throwing it yards across from him. It went soaring like a baseball in the World Series. "So what are you doing out here?" He asked, digging the toe of his shoe on the ground with his hands in his pocket. Just when I thought I would be left alone again with my thoughts.

"Just thinking." I grinned. I brought my knees up to my chest, wrapping my arms around my legs as I held the fabric of my dress up so it wasn't so low that you could see my butt.

He nodded his head, sitting right next to me, without even asking. "Yeah I like to come here and think too." He agreed, sitting in the same position I sat in.

I nodded my head once, taking a deep breath. I didn't feel annoyed with the situation as much. What I was aggravated about now is the stench of smoke coming off from the guy sitting next to me. One word: disgusting. I tried breathing less, hoping it wouldn't bother me as much but it did. I didn't want to say anything about it though. A light breeze passed by perfectly. It took away the smell slightly which I was grateful for.

"What are your problems about?" JC investigated, leaning slightly in my direction.

I look at him, slightly bewildered that he'd ask such thing. Shocked that he believed that I would be so open to him; a stranger. "Personal matter." I responded turning back around.

He nodded his head like he was jamming out to some rock music. "Yeah me too." He said with understanding. "See my mom wants me to go to College but I'm not sure what I really want to do. I don't really want to waste money and all doing something I'm not sure of. So I told her I'd take a year off to think about it." He said as if he were filling me in about his life I knew very well about. I didn't, though.

But I continued to talk to him anyways, sighing as I realized that he wouldn't be going away any time soon. "That's sounds reasonable." I compliment.

"Yeah. It's just that I don't know what I'm good at. I don't think I'm good for anything you know? I've been called a rascal, a bastard child, a delinquent, a screw up- you get where I'm going with this." He said waving his hand in a forward motion, "The thing is I never really listened to those people. Never took into consideration what they said about me. I just shrugged it off because I don't care." He paused for a pregnant moment. It was enough time for me to wonder why he was talking to me still and where he was going with this. Why was he talking to me about his problems?

"That's good that you don't care. You shouldn't let people bring you down." I compliment again with a nod of my head.

"Yeah, I know." He said confidently. "The only person I really listened to was my granddad. I always listened to what he said. There's some saying about an old man and wise knowledge. My granddad was wise, and so I took what he said about me into consideration."

"What did he used to say to you?" I asked curiously. I felt his forearm brush against mine. It brought an unsettle feeling up my spine so to ignore it I laid my legs down and leaned back on my arms.

"He said I could do anything if I put my mind to it. That no bump in the road should stop me from getting to my goals. If I wanted to get far in life he believed that I could. If I wanted to do nothing with my life, well, he knew I could do that too just as easily. But he believed in me." He replied staring out to the sunset that was slowly hiding behind some hills in front of us. "Not a lot of people believe in me." He whispered as if he were talking to the sun or himself.

I cocked my head in his direction trying to get a better understanding of him. Is this the same troubled JC Ace that everyone talks about? The same teenage boy that disrespects teachers and disturbs them each and every day? To me he sounded like a mysterious boy trying to find himself.

"I believe you." I whispered, feeling a hypnotic pull towards him. I blinked as he stared at me curiously, "I mean, I believe you can do it. If you tried. Just because you have a dark past and people judge you and call you names; that shouldn't be a reason to stop you. It should be encouragement to prove them wrong." I explain to him.

Slowly his lips tugged the corners of his mouth. A faint ghostly smile on his lips looking at me with admiration. I grinned back hoping my words did help him at any way. Admiration vanished and was replaced with an amused smile. He leaned back on his arms and crossed his feet and I wondered if he was copying every position I made. "What about you princess? You're giving me words of wisdom but it seems like you're here with your own problems."

"Oh haven't you heard? I live a perfect life because my mom is a pastor. So perfect that I never ever have any problems." I tell him sarcastically shaking my head. I hated my family's stupid made up image. People saw us as this perfect little family, then you close the door and it's all gone. There's nothing perfect about us.

"I'm sure there's something to complain about. There's no such thing as perfect. Ever." JC comments shaking his head. "You can't possible believe in perfection." He said doubtfully.

"What is perfection?" I mumble looking at the sherbet sunset blinding the world with its light.

"As the great Hannah Montana once said: nobody is perfect." JC reminded. I laughed. For the first time in a while I genuinely laughed and I couldn't believe it came from JC. It sparked some happiness in me. Once I settled down only remanding a smile on my face, JC shifted looking away from me, "Trust me I would know."

My smile turned to a grin. I knew people hated when others showed sympathy when they hated it most but its hard not to. When he said those words it brought my mind straight to four years ago that October night. Looking at JC from the side I could faintly see the scar mark above his eye brow. A scar that would remain there permanently, reminding him daily of his past, even though, with as much effort as he could muster, he could never run away from or forget about.

"Do you ever think about what would happen if parents never met? Where you would be or who you would be? Better or worse?" I debate turning my head from side to side. "Sometimes I want to believe that I'd come from a family in England. Where I'd be sipping tea before I go to bed and mock American accents." I bit my lower lip narrowing my eyes at the sun. "And sometimes I dream that I wouldn't be a preacher's daughter or a goody too shoes. That I would live a little. Swear, smoke, drink, party, or get a C in science because I couldn't honestly care less. Loosen up a bit and grow up differently." I add in with a soft whisper, "A different life. An afterlife of some sorts. What about you?" I inquired turning my head to him.

He shook his head and looked back to me, "I wouldn't change anything. Because if I did I wouldn't be the same person I am." He replied.

I narrowed my eyes, behind them confusion at his statement. "Not even change who your father is?" I whispered. I don't know why all of a sudden I was whispering. No one was around for miles to hear us.

"I thought of that before. How my life would be so much better if he wasn't born or if he never met my mom. But I have to remember that things happen for a reason. And I believe that what he did to me- although will never be right nor ever forgiven; - that it was planned and meant for me to be who I am. To make me a stronger person. And I know it's messed up to say but it's what I have to tell myself." He replied in a humble tone.

I couldn't understand why he'd try to convince himself that he was meant for abuse. No one is ever meant for that kind of life. I guess I'll never understand. Not even if I tried. I just don't see how he could move on thinking that way.

"So you think you were put on Earth to be abused?" I scoffed shaking my head. "That's not right." I mumble.

"No, I believe that I was put on Earth with the plan to be built strong. With a purpose. I just learned differently than others." He corrects.

"We're all here with a purpose. Some of us know what it is and some of us are still trying to find that purpose. But I don't think you've found that purpose yet. Being... abused.... mistreated... That's not your purpose. You still have more." I proclaim. I realized this was getting to be a deep conversation that I never expected to have. I wondered where this was all leading to.

"And what about you Little Ms. Goody Too Shoes? Have you found your purpose yet?" I didn't know if that was him trying to steer the conversation or him genuinely asking.

"I'm serving my purpose now. Helping others find themselves and figure things out about themselves. Bringing them up and making them feel better." I tell him.

"Really? Because you sound more like a therapist to me." He stated with a snicker.

"Well that is eventually the plan." I confess to him.

"You're not going to take over the church from momma?" He chuckled bumping shoulders with mine.

I laughed dryly at his false accusation that everyone seemed to believe. "I'm my own person and I don't plan on falling into anyone's footsteps."

"Yeah well me either." JC chuckled. My mind believed he was hinting that he wouldn't be falling into his father's footsteps and that is a good thing. "It's good to be your own person. Be who you want to be. Not what others want you to be." JC quoted with a helpful grin. "You should try it sometime." He suggested.

"Indeed." I agreed feeling a cold shiver crawl up my arm. His fingers barely touched mine and even though he seemed unfazed by it my body was giving me a heated warning alert.

"Come on try it out." He encouraged nudging his shoulder with mine. "You said you've dreamed of swearing, drinking, smoking, and partying. Well this can be our small party of two. Unfortunately I don't have any booze to offer you and if I did I would. And I already used my one cigarette of the day."

"So what that leaves me with swearing?" I chuckle pushing back the hair that flew around me. "How does one even begin to swear? I have nothing to swear about." I say to him.

"Swearing 101. Just let it out. Say something you're angry about." He suggested. "Like this: I fucking hate Ms. Allison. Oh my God don't get me started. She has a nice ass and a pretty face but damn her voice can be so fucking annoying and high pitched. Its my dream to get kicked out of that class every day until I graduate." He vowed passionately. "Go on, you try." He urged. I shrugged my shoulders shaking my head. I had nothing bad to say. "Oh come on. You know there's things you want to confess that you hate. Spill the beans." I held my shrug, sheepishly looking at him. "Come on. There's got to be a reason why are you here in the first place?"

I bit my bottom lip contemplating. "My family." I began shaking my head already lost with words.

"See, you're so mad at them that you can't even finish explaining how horrible they are!" JC pointed out.

"I hate how perfect they try to be." I confessed shaking my head. "They're fakes that's what. So hypocritical and judgmental." I said feeling good about confessing it.

"There you go now just add a swear." He waited with little patients before he helped me out, "Say it, you fucking hate how perfect they are."

"I do." I agreed passionately.

"Say it." He encouraged, "Go on say it Ms. Goody Goody." He taunted.

"I fucking hate how perfect they pretend to be. A bunch of phony fakes." I swore. Oh my God that was nothing. I feel dirty but I feel so bad ass!

"That it's! Come on, don't leave me hanging." JC praised holding his hand in the air. "First time swearing, done." He said after I connected my hand with his.

"About damn fucking time." I swear with a laugh. JC hollered, his voice echoed through the empty lands surrounding us. Wow, who knew JC Ace would be the first one to make me swear.

"Who would have thought I'd be with you the first time you swear." JC comments.

"That's what I was just thinking!" I gasped, pointing to myself. He chuckled with a surprise look before speaking up again. Another wow factor. Who knew I'd have a decent and civil conversation with JC Ace? "My grandfather used to bring me here. He always liked to draw and he said this is the prettiest view he's ever seen." I chuckled shaking my head, "My grandpa didn't get out of town much." Though it is a pretty view, the prettiest view I've ever seen of a sunset, my grandfather didn't experience much else out of the state boarder.

A smile rose to JC's face, a genuine one at that, "My dad was the first one to bring me here." He said quietly with a faint breathy snicker. "Before things all went down to shit. He wasn't always like that you know, but everyone remembers him as that."

"The one nice thing I remember about your dad is when he came into our first or second grade class and he helped everyone to make ginger bread houses." I reminisced, seeing JC bob his head up in down remembering.

"He was the parent that ate most of the gumdrops, you remember that?" He chuckles, shaking his head.

"I do." I nod remembering. "You dad actually was great at ginger bread house making." I said giving the compliment away.

It was peaceful for a moment. JC didn't say much, didn't want to say anything else. Maybe the topic was too rough to talk about to a stranger like me. Then again, he didn't seem to mind it earlier. "My dad created and left behind more problems and bad memories rather than good ones." That's all he had to say after that.

I guess sympathy was in order; I didn't have anything to say back for once. No suggestion or quote. I didn't know what else I could say, or what he'd want me to say. This being the first time ever talking to JC I didn't understand why he'd talk to me, somewhat so openly and freely about such things. It wasn't random small chit chat about the weather or school; and I still wondered why he did what he did. What is he looking for or why talk to me?

He shifted in his place, still staring straight ahead, but his hand rest upon mine like it was no big deal. From the corner of my eye I looked over to him and down at my hand. He seemed unfazed by the action. Then I realized the answer to my question. Comfort. JC Ace didn't care who he was talking to. He was just looking for comfort. Someone to hear his thoughts, reply back, or even just to sit beside him mute and listen. It just so happens that he stumbled across me. Like faith. Or God.

===

JC's lips lingered on Paisley's ever so softly, a warm and sweet craving that tightened a knot in her stomach. Though Paisley craved a love like this, a fantasy, a day dream, in the far back of her mind she knew that later on this would only come back to haunt her. But right now she cared for the moments she embracing, living in it. Sometimes a person just needs to know their loved by other people. That someone is there for them. That they just might actually be good enough for somebody and not fear it. To be loved and seen differently.

"I have to go." I mumble, under his touch. I've already tried leaving more than once. I made it so far as to the car, only to get stopped for another kiss that lead to more.

"Oh alright." JC sighed in defeat, resting his forehead against mine.

I smiled, rising on my toes to kiss his cheek delicately, "I'll see you around school." I tell him. He only replies with a hum as he opens my car door and lets me in. Before I back away he taps my window indicating me to roll it down. When I do he leans his head through the window, stealing a kiss that make my cheeks turn hot and red. We finally say our official and last goodbyes before I leave. The smile on my face would not vanish, even when I enter the front door of my house around eight at night.

"Where have you been?" My mother asked as she passes the door once I walk in.

My smile falters slightly as I realized her tone towards me, hands on her hips, and narrowed eyed look. "I was at Miles house." I covered up quickly.

"Why didn't you pick up the phone when I called you?" She questioned, her mood not changing at the slightest.

"I left it in the car. Sorry." I said quickly moving around her to get to the stairs.

"You have school tomorrow so you better get showered, changed and finish whatever homework you haven't done. And Paisley!" My mom shouted when I was already at the top of the stairs barely listening to her.

"Yes?" I answered questionably.

"You should apologize to your grandmother next time you see her. Leaving in the middle of dinner like that is rude." She tells me in a serious tone.

"When she deserves one I'll give it to her." I snapped remembering what happened earlier today. It didn't bother me quite much but I still have my strong feelings about it. I put my stuff down, taking off my shoes to lay on my bed. I closed my eyes and kept on grinning.

Reaching out beside me on the bed I scanned for my phone, tapping all around me looking for it. When my hand didn't land on it my eyes narrowed and I sat up looking for it. Where's my phone? I wondered looking around my bed. I grabbed my purse off the chair, searching through it for my phone. No, not in there. Did I leave it in the car? Usually I forget my phone in the car, it's probably just there on the passenger seat.

I put on a random pair of shoes and went to my car in the dark. I made my way quickly there feeling as though something from a horror movie would happen to me at any moment. I opened the door and turned the lights on looking for my phone on the passenger seat. Then the driver's seat. On the floor. Swiftly my eyes brushed the cup holders. My hands squished in between the seats. My heart pumped in my chest. Not there. Oh my Heavens where is my phone?!

I ran my hands through my hair, closing the car door and fast walking back to the house. Please tell me I didn't leave it back at the Drop Off! I panicked, checking my purse and bed one more time, my jacket pockets but it never came up. Crap! Come on! Seriously! Where was your head at Paisley!

I ran my hands down my face, staring at my desk in shock. "Why?" I moaned quietly to myself. If I left it back at the Drop Off then it would have been on the blanket the whole time. The blanket... Is in the back of the car! Once again, but with a flashlight this time, I went back to my car and shook my blanket out hoping my phone was buried in there. Not. Here. I'm going to die.

The only and next possible thought that I saved for last, JC probably has it or found it- something! Pray to God he has it! I patted my hips, thinking I'd just call him up... asking for my phone. I don't have my phone. UGH! How can I communicate with him now? Not like I had his number in the first place. The only information I have about it is, like, Facebook. I chuckled until a bulb lite up in my mind.

Facebook messenger!

I ran up the stairs and planted myself in front of my laptop. I typed in Facebook in my Google browser coming to the home page. I put in my email and blanked when it came to the password. Oh crud! What did I put for a password? It's practically been a year since I've been on Facebook. It's automatically linked in my phone so I never really needed to worry about the password.

Eight password attempts later I finally got in. I looked for JC in my friends list, it wasn't too hard since he was the first because of alphabetical order. Clicking on his name and trying to figure out this whole new website layout, I finally found where I could instant message him. My message was short and sweet: Hey, uh, do you by any chance have my phone?

I sent the message, leaning back in my chair and waited for a response. He has to respond. If I left my phone on the grass on the field I will beat myself up for this. What if it rains?! Pray to God that's not the case and JC has it. An antagonizing ten minutes later, the little check mark on the bottom of my message shows up displaying: seen at 8:32 PM.

I anticipated for the moment, bouncing my leg up and down. Finally, as if I were waiting for rain to come down on the desert, he replied back. Gratefully: Yeah you left it behind.

Relief washed over me as I read that simple message. Now knowing that he has it I had to have it back in my hands. Oh my God thank you! I thought I left it back on the field. Is there any chance I can meet up with you tonight and get it back?

Chewing on my lip I waited for him to reply back. The check sign popped back up again and soon came a reply: Sure. Want to just swing by my house and get it?

Happy with his answer, I nodded my head as if he were right in front of me to see, Yes! Thank you. I'll be there shortly.

I closed my laptop screen and put on my flats from earlier on. Grabbing my bag I looked around the house for my mom to tell her I was going to get my phone. When looking for her she got to me first, "Why are you running around this late at night for?" She interrogated.

"I thought I lost my phone but turns out, I... um. I left it at Mile's house. I'm just going to run over and get it." I told her, almost admitting to her that I was going to JC's house to get my phone instead of Mile's. I could have just said I'm going to Mile's neighborhood to get my phone, because realistically it's not lying since JC and Miles are neighbors. But that sentence would have sounded weird and suspicious.

"Why can't you just get it back at school tomorrow?" She questions, shaking her head. "It's late I don't want you driving out there in the dark."

I rolled my eyes, resting my hand on the door knob, "Its fine mom. I've done it before. Besides I already told him I'm on my way. I forgot that he could had just gave it to me at school." I tell her honestly. With all the panic I guess I forgot that I could have went the similar route. "I'll be back soon." I tell her opening the door to leave.

"Paisley be careful!" She shouts out the door. "Love you!"

"Ok! I know!" I say waving behind my back and climbing into my car. I took the familiar road to the neighborhood. Streets weren't at all that busy, but I felt like I kept hitting every red light possible. I almost turned into Mile's driveway until I remembered I needed to go one house down.

I got out of the car, making my way up to the wooden front porch that belonged to the Ace's, the house gave an eerie feel to the night. Only one light that I noticed was on, I didn't know whether to knock or ring the doorbell. I didn't want to disturb even though JC knew I would be arriving. Choosing to just knock on the door loudly, I waited a couple of moments, looking around and hugging my arms to my chest. I didn't feel comfortable here at all.

Startlingly, the door swished open quickly. JC stood there in all his glory a small grin on his lips when he saw me standing there. "Hey, I'm sorry for coming over so late. I just realized you probably could have just gave it to me at school tomorrow." I say apologetically.

"It's cool, don't worry about it." He said waving his hand. He tilts his head directing me inside, "Come in. I think I left it in the kitchen." He says allowing me in.

Not wanting to be rude I hesitantly stepped through the threshold. A nervous ick churned my stomach being allowed in. With all the stories being told about the Ace's and what happened behind closed doors I couldn't help but just find me stepping in to be unpleasant. Though I was just going to wait by the door I meekly followed behind him when he waved me over to come.

Our eyes landed on a phone that was idle on the counter, but it turned out to be JC's. "Um, maybe I brought yours instead of mine to the living room." He mumbles, scrunching his eyebrows as he points his way. I follow, looking around as he led me through his house. The rooms were dark, not helping that the lights were off. Dark furniture and dark pigmented walls. "Ah-ha! Knew it all along." JC chuckles, bending down to the floor. "Your phone." He returns handing it back to me.

"Thank you so much. You have no idea how worried I was. I thought I might have left it behind." I say gratefully holding my phone to my chest.

"No problem. Good thing I found it then." He responds, standing there with his hands in his pocket.

"Yes it is." I say, quickly looking at the home screen to see if I had any notifications.

"Can I ask you something?" JC asks hesitantly, looking at me cautiously.

"Yeah sure." I respond, sliding my phone in my purse so I didn't leave it behind again.

"What happened? Between our families I mean. It just seems like after our grandfather's died whatever link our families had dissolved. I just can't help but notice that no one talks anymore. I kind of just suspected it might have been because of my dad and all, but it happened shorty before that." He says, making up an investigation as he goes along. With my long um, response I pulled my eyebrows together trying to give him an answer. Which truthfully I didn't know much about. "I don't mean to be nosey or crossing the line but I just thought maybe you could answer some of my questions."

I shook my head slowly, wondering the same things now, "I honestly can't tell you. I would if I knew, but I'm in that dark in the situation too. It's something my family, mostly my grandmother, doesn't like to talk about. I don't know why. I've always been curious."

"It's just strange how suddenly people can turn from you, you know? I don't have much family any more. No one close. My granddad talked so highly of you guys, like you were somehow some part of our family, and then it was all just gone." He shrugged his shoulders, shaking his head. "I'm sorry I've been asking you all these questions today. Usually I have no one to talk to. I talk to myself and vent to myself." He admits nervously, shrugging his shoulders again with his hands in his pocket.

I felt sorry for JC. It literally crushed my heart when I heard him say that. Knowing all he's been through. I didn't even know JC, I talked to him for a few hours today and felt like I knew all his dark sad stories from his whole life. It sucks not being able to have that one person to talk to. Why did he choose me? That's a mystery I can't solve.

Feeling like a horrible person if I were to just walk away after he confessed that, I sat on the edge of the couch looking up to him, "You can talk to me." I offer helpfully.

Shockingly, his head tilted to the side, and mouth slightly parted he took a seat next to me, folding his hands on his lap, "What do you think of me?" He asked personally.

I blinked several times, taken back at his questions, "I'm not quite sure anymore." I told him truthfully. "You've taken me by surprise, I guess. To say at the least."

"Good or bad?" He questions next.

"Good." I reply softly, lightly turning the corners of my lips upward. "I hope you don't take this as an offense but, have you ever thought about going to a therapist?"

He smiles childishly, leaning back on the couch but turned to me, "Well I have you right now don't I?" We both chuckle.

"I mean a licensed therapist." I correct. He shook his head in reply. "Has your mom ever said anything?"

He shakes his head looking down, "No. Well, she used to. I always told her I didn't need it. She would always want me to, uh, go with her, but I thought talking to myself was just better. Clearly it's not anymore."

"Maybe you should take up on that offer now." I suggest to him. After a moment, when I felt uncomfortable at him staring at me, I spoke up to the first thing that came to my mind. "I have a confession to make." I mutter, he nodded his head encouragingly. "You really turned out to be someone I didn't expect. In a good way of course."

"Thank you." He laughs, raking his hand through his hair quickly. "I always figured you to be a prissy kind of girl. Still right." He laughs, making me laugh along.

"After the day we've had I think I've lost that title." I deny, shaking my head.

"You can't lose a title like that in a couple of hours, princess." JC laughs shaking his head. I giggle leaning back on the couch so we were eye to eye, "You'll always be a goody-to-shoes."

"And you'll always be the mysterious bad boy." I accuse.

"Oh I'm a bad boy now, huh?" He scoffs jokingly.

"Now? Always you mean." I correct playfully.

With his face suddenly inches away from my face he winks one eye and smirks, "I'll take it." A smile strained to form on my face as he kissed me, a hand pulling at my chin to draw me closer.

It wasn't just one kiss. It was the same kiss that we shared back on the Drop Off. An eager, hungry, lustful kiss that made my toes curl. "Stop." I whisper with a slight chuckle when he bit on my bottom lip, "Your mom is going to find us and wonder what the hell is going on."

He shook his head chuckling, "No she won't, she went to one of those meetings." He tells me. That unsettling feeling came back knowing we were the only two in the house. Alone.

"I should go then." I tell him subtlety, holding my hand to his chest weakly in attempt that he'd pull away. How naïve and silly am I to think such thing about a guy.

"Stay." He offers, a hand squeezing the curve of my hip and bringing me closer with an intimate kiss. I melted for a moment, allowing myself to kiss him back. The way his hand moved around as he kissed me, every touch faded my memory. I couldn't even think, being in a foggy daze. My hands roaming slowly from his hair, to his cheek, pulling him closer to me, down his neck and collar bone.

Breathless, but not wanting to have his lips leave mine I couldn't resist. It's like a part of my mind that I never discovered yet had taken over. A part of me that enjoyed the intimacy of our bodies being so close together. The eagerness of every deep kiss. I was on cloud nine, with a foggy mind. I thought, this was just another simple make out like earlier in the day. It was much more. Better. So much better. It just felt so good. Every kiss, every touch, every squeeze, and every breathless moment.

A moment that Paisley was going to go through with. Making it in a non-stable mind. Then again, like her grandmother said not too long ago, thirty minutes of pleasure could change your life forever. For better or for worse. Because the most sweet scandalous moments can also come with the most wicked outcomes. A sweet scandalous moment. A moment of rebel. Because those are the ones that are the best. The most fun.

==============================================================

WHOA! EXTRA WICKED LONG CHAPTER!!!

So what do you guys think? Judging starts... NOW! Not really a s*x scene at all but we're not too comfortable writing such details. Hope the chapter was interesting. Worked really hard on it. Next chapter is already written. Just want to give everyone time to read the chapter and soak it in.

Next chapter, sadly, is going to be really short due to this extremely long chapter. But after the next chapter another should be up very shortly :) Hope you're all enjoying the story so far! Any questions comment bellow!

Picture on the side of: Clair Holt as Emma

Amazing chapter song: Make Out by Rixon. Goes well with the chapter.

Comment! Vote! FAN!- Kylie & Kelsey

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 2.6K 15
Jack Darby was a normal human that worked with the Autobots in their fight against the Decepticons... But then he is kidnapped by Soundwave, who had...
27.7K 458 25
After a couple years apart from one another, Emma Scott and Artem Chigvintsev find themselves together again in the ballroom. This time dancing for t...
518K 15.9K 59
AN OPPOSITES ATTRACT ROMANCE WITH BITE! **** 'Do you feel that? That's the sound of an alive heart. I don't know what it is about you, Candice, but s...
319K 8.5K 49
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬, 𝘴𝘢𝘺, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴.