Searching for Chill Vibes

By DatAss

The summer back from a university is weird. Summer is technically an adult and has to deal with the transitio... More

Searching for Chill Vibes
Chapter 2: Summer Nights
Chapter 3: Misguided Emotions
Chapter 4: Searching....
Chapter 5: Nobody Knows
Chapter 6: Maybe I'm Sorry
Chapter 7: All This Time
Chapter 8: Am I Wrong
Chapter 9: Trying to Reason With Hurricane Season
Chapter 10: On My Mind
Chapter 12: Don't Think About it too Much
Chapter 13: When the Rain Comes Down
Chapter 14: Little Talks
Chapter 15: Moonlight
Chapter 16: Help Me Lose My Mind
Chapter 17: Maybe We're Just Sleepwalkin'
Chapter 18: There Was Enough Rest
Chapter 19: Don't You Worry, I'll Be Fine
Chapter 20: Be Okay
Chapter 21: Have I've Found You?

Chapter 11: Perspective

301 8 1
By DatAss

Chapter 11

Summer's P.O.V.

Again, my eyes wandered back to the white ceiling above me. I stretched my arms above my head and felt the wonderful pulling of sore muscles. I sat up and glanced tirelessly around my room. The sun's rays beamed brightly through out my room and a gleam of sunlight hits my eyes. I shuffled out of bed and closed my curtains, plopped back on my bed and buried myself into my blankets.

"Sweetie, Summer? Are you up?" I heard my mom ask as she entered my room.

I grunted in response and buried my face deeper into my pillows. My bed dipped and I felt my mom's hand on my back.

"Get up, it's nearly afternoon," she commented and laughed softly when I didn't moved.

"I'm up,"I mumbled and turned my head to look at her.

She reached forward and ruffled my hair, "that's not what I meant. You need to get out of bed and get on with the day," she explained and poked my cheek playfully.

"Stop mom," I grumbled and swatted her hand away.

"Summer get up. You're 21, not a teenager," she said seriously.

"I'm up," I mumbled and sat up.

My mom beamed widely at me and ruffled my hair. I groaned in annoyance and attempted to control my bed head.

"Well, I have to go," she stated as she stood up and stepped toward the door.

"Go where?" I asked as I removed the comforter from my body and edged my way off the bed.

"Work, I have an afternoon meeting to attend, but I'll be back by 9:00," she explained and patted out of my room. 

I combed my hair out of my face and followed my mom out of my room. I pounded down the stairs and plopped myself on the couch and flicked on the TV. An old recording of Awkward played loudly on the plasma TV and filled the living room with sound. Jenna Hamiltion's face appeared on the TV screen, her original braid in place. 

"That show is so terrible," my mother commented as she walked passed the TV and grabbed her brief case from the coffee table. 

I dropped my head against the cushions of the couch and grinned in my mom's direction, "it's only because your too old to understand this show," I interjected and laughed at her glare. 

"Shut up!" she gasped in mock horror. 

"Whatever," I say and brought my attention back to the TV.

Mom ruffled my hair and pressed her mouth on top of my head, "see you later and make sure to call," she mumbled and walked toward the front door. 

"Bye mom!" I yelled and watched her open the front door and step outside. 

The door slammed shut and I'm now left with my thoughts and tangled feelings. I fumbled with the remote and fast forward through the commercials. My mind started to lull and I thought about yesterday and Avery's face, her reaction, how she handle her feelings. Her whole demeanor was so calm. I must admit myself, that I was relatively calm and collected. But I can't possibly comprehend how Avery wanted to try whatever or however she implied it. But then again, the look in her eyes didn't deny how she felt about the situation. 

Like she said, "I don't want a relationship."

Avery is willingly to try whatever it is and let the problem at hand play out. I huffed in irritation and those words replayed in my head and I remembered how many times Avery had rephrased that one line. When she had brought that up and those words had escaped from her mouth, I completely exploded inside. I was already accepting the possibility of maybe liking the same sex, but then Avery opened her mouth. 

Maybe she is the only exception or not, the possible pain of newly confused sexuality. 

She is the one who brought it up anyways. 

But like I was originally trying to tell her. The far and wide difference between her and Alex. The relationship I had with Alex is way different than how I feel around Avery. With Alex, the whole "friends with benefits", was a mere distraction and a way to be nice toward Alex. I then placed my head into my hands, my thoughts now drifting toward Avery. Maybe I am comparing the two girls, but I couldn't stop myself. When I'm around Avery, I have this inane sensation to make her feel better and comfort her. 

I can already tell I'm terrible at relationships and considering that my most intense feelings have been directed toward two girls that have played a relatively large role in my life. Up until recently, a few months ago, hell, a year ago, I wouldn't even have the time of day to have those kinds of thoughts. I'm selfish in a sense, because a year ago, I only worried about my classes, myself, and sometimes about my family. Sometimes Alex, but nothing to complicated. Now! Now whatever strange nonsense I'm thinking is complicated. 

Avery, Avery, a constant, annoying mantra playing repeatedly in my deepest thoughts. 

This weird inane feeling that is only quenched when I see Avery's smiled spread widely and brighten her face and make her eyes beam. To know that I'm able to make her stop crying and comfort her in a time of need. 

I sound like I love her, but I don't. 

Not yet, my illogical side commented. 

I dropped my face into a couch pillow and screamed. This is so stressful! I'm not even 22 and I'm already questioning my life choices. 

Avery's P.O.V. 

I stared up, blankly looking at every spec of detail above. Observing the ceiling above me like it was fine art. My room feels cold and the whole house feels barren and empty, remnants of life long forgotten. I stretched my arms above me and tried counting all the misdirection in the ceiling. Pointing out the small crack in the corner and how the white paint seemed less white. 

It's quiet, a unnerving and terrifying quiet. Not a relaxing, calming quiet, but a lonely quiet. When I know I'm alone and the presence of my parents are long gone. I stroll down the hall and peek into every room and softly observe the eerie calmness of my house. Every thing stood still and remained in place since my parents left the house. 

I then shuffle downstairs and outside, walking toward the edge of the back yard. I stare at the sun and the ocean. The smell of salt and the breeze fill my every sense. Even if the house itself, is empty, I feel warm. My lips tugged upwards, thoughts of Summer filling my head. Comforting thoughts, my chest tightening. I can easily compare Summer to the season itself. 

Summer.

In summer, anyone craves for fresh air, bright light, and the beaming rays of the sun. A day at the beach, a slight tan, or a burning sun burn, but you come home feeling content and warm. You find solace in your sunburn and you automatically appreciate the day at the beach. You remember reminiscing about the sand between your toes, the shock of feeling the cool ocean water hitting your skin, the smell of sun screen as you apply the cream to your skin.

The sensation you have when you lay down on the beach towel and glare at the sun, you stare so long, that tears form and fall down your cheeks. But your skin grows warm and you smell a mixture of sun screen and the ocean, and your legs are to long for the towel and you bury half your feet into the hot sand. Then you slowly shut your eyes and the sun beats down on the skin of your face and body and you get warm. 

Summer has me feeling like I can do things. I never realize the full extent of my feelings until I sit and think about them. I like Summer, but I don't see her as a companion or life partner. But I see her as a person and I enjoy being around her, like, a lot. I love that I can forget about the horrible pain I feel when I think about my parents. The fact that she's simply there makes me happy. I don't know how she does it, but she can. 

Lately, though, all I can think about is that small kiss we shared yesterday. Summer did mock me, but I just had this sudden need to kiss her. Mostly, because I had this overly annoying curiosity to kiss her. I mean at the time she was sitting and staring all caringly at me. Her light brown eyes depicting raw concern over my well being. At that moment, I just had to kiss her. I remember how her lips smothered my and the fullness I felt when our lips fully met. 

I shivered, no one's kiss couldn't be easily compared to her's. Kissing her was a rush, a whole new level of something new and exciting. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awkward is a tv show on MTV. Hope you like the chapter. Not really a whole meet and greet after kissing type of chapter. A lot of characterization, well at least I hope it is. 

Seriously hoped whoever read this, enjoyed the chapter. 

Any thoughts, opinions, comments are welcomed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 8K 51
They say Junior Year of College is the hardest, but for Iris, it's for new beginnings. It's never too late to live your dreams, which is precisely w...
17K 405 52
Originally published on the archive of our own. . . . PLOT: Ava and Beatrice spent their childhood days together, became close, did activities tog...
1.4M 31.3K 58
Ethan Knight is living his life just as he imagined it. Being the captain of the basketball team, he has to make sure they win this year's championsh...
859 41 10
Sometimes accidents can turn into something beautiful. Danielle's last year of high school and she wants to go all out! What to do when you're a youn...