Markings

By angeliqhope

"It can't be," Jungkook spoke softly. He's seen that mark before. He can't be his soulmate right? More

Awkward
Bitter
Disillusioned
Anodyne
Eschew
Urge
Compuction
Avoidance

Marking

774 21 6
By angeliqhope

~Jungkook

Today's the day I finally turn 17! Exactly at 6:00 P.M. I will finally receive my marking. The marking that'll reveal who I'm destined to be with. Almost everyone in my grade has already gotten theirs and now it's finally my turn.

"Happy Birthday Kookie!" Hoseok shouted while I entered the school gates.

"Thanks Hobi hyung," I smiled as he brought me into a giant bear hug.

"You finally get your mark! I wonder who you'll end up with," He jumped up and down.

I smiled and nodded as we made our way towards our lockers. We parted our ways once we reached the hall where our lockers were. I put in my combination and opened it up. I took out my history and English books, while hanging my book bag on the small hook. I shut my locker and made my way to my first period class, English. The halls weren't packed, as it was still early and people are just beginning to arrive. There were a few people in the hall waiting outside their class and some at their locker. I reached for the knob of the door and pulled open the door. I stepped in the classroom and as per usual, I was the first one. I took the seat in the small table in the back. I sat there and waited for the arrival of everyone. Mr.Jay was always late, so I just went onto my phone. Pretty soon seats were starting to be occupied leaving only one minute for the bell to ring. Right as the bell rang, in walked Mr.Jay. He rushed towards his desk setting his laptop down, then began writing on the chalkboard.

"Please copy this into your notebooks," He called out.

I grabbed my purple notebook out of my pile of books, and began copying. Suddenly the door opened and in walked the playboy himself. Kim Taehyung. Squeals could be heard, as everyone stared at him.

"Mr.Kim." the teacher turned around, "You're late."

"So, you're always late," Taehyung rolled his eyes while walking towards the back, looking for a place to sit.

I continued jotting down in my notebook, when I heard the chair next to me move. From the corner of my eye I spotted Taehyung taking a seat next to me. Ugh, I just had to sit in a table with two seats.

"Hey, Jung..Jungkook, yeah that's  your name right? What are we doing?" He whispered.

"Just copying down whats on the board," I mumbled, setting my pencil down.

He just nodded and sat there. What the heck? So he's just going ask what we're doing and then not doing? Not a surprise coming from him though.

"Alright, today we are writing poetry," Mr.Jay announced.

I smiled to myself, already brainstorming. Poetry and music have always seemed to fascinate me.

"The poem you are going to write about is based on Love, be creative,"

I took out a piece of scrap paper and began thinking. I've always dreamed about the day I find my destined partner. Now I might actually find them. But they could be anybody. But what I mostly fear is that if I do find that person, and they might not want to be with me. Not everyone stay's with their partner.

As thoughts filled my head, ideas sprouted on my paper. Pretty soon I was finished with the poem. I cleared the eraser scrapings off my paper and set my pencil down.

"Bro, can you not put your shit near my stuff?" Teahyung scoffed, clearing the eraser scrapings off the desk.

I rolled my eyes and slouched in my chair. He glared at me and looked back down at his blank paper.

"How did you finish so quickly? We're only 10 minutes in!" He shouted causing everyone to turn our direction.

I shrugged and took out my phone.

"I asked you a question now answer it," He spoke again.

I just rolled my eyes as he groaned. I looked back down at my phone and clicked on Hoseok's contact.

J: hell just arrived, and is being mad annoying

H: oml,How?

J: he's sitting right next to me and ordering me to answer him

H:ha! good luck kookie

J:I'll need it there's still 30 minutes left

H:then just ignore him

J:i'm trying but he thinks he can boss me around

H:lol! you hate him don't you?

"Well do you?"

I turned around only to be met with Taehyungs dark brown eyes. My eyes widened. Was he really reading my messages? He's invading my damn privacy!

"Why do you care?" I asked trying to turn back.

"Are you going to answer?" He asked bitterly.

I rolled my eyes and turn back down at my phone. This guy really thinks he's the king.

"No, now go do your god damn work,"I replied sharply.

I stared right at him, as he began to flare up and clench his fist. "BANG!" Taehyungs fists met with the table, almost breaking it. I flinched at the loud noise, while everyone looked back to see what caused such a loud noise. Taehyung glared at me with fury in his eyes. He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and pulled me closer. We were only centimeters apart. My eyes widened at the sudden movement. It was clear that he didn't care if he caused so much attention. Mr.Jay sat in his desk with his face in his hands and stood up.

"Mr.Kim can you please let go of Mr.Jeon," he asked walking towards our table.

But Taehyug didn't move, he continued to hold onto my collar, and stare at me with such coldness. I raised my hand up to Taehyungs hand and held onto it trying to get him off.

"Get off of me!" I shouted gripping his hand off my shirt. 

He just sat there, glaring but somewhat lost. He got up from his seat and hurridly walked out. I stared at him weirdly.

Ignoring the whole situation, I continued texting my Hyung.

J: yes yes i do

H: dam I thought you were avoiding the question, considering you left me on read.

J: i have. A story. I'll tell you later

H: ooh teaaa

J: ig???

H: well tell me during P.E.

J: ok

///time skip///

The bell rang, signaling the end of second block. I packed my books into my string bag, heading towards my third block. P.E.. A class I would like to enjoy, if Kim Taehyung wasn't in it. Sighing, I entered the locker room and began changing into a pair of sweatpants and a simple white tee. Hyung still wasn't here so I waited a bit.

"I arrived, I'm not late sir!" A familiar voice rang through the locker room.

"Mr.Jung, please just hurry up and change," the teacher sighed, rolling his eyes.

He walked towards me, smiling.

"Hyung, why were you late?" I questioned as he began changing.

"Uh, I had to stay back last block, Mr.Yun needed something," Hyung replied, fixing the hem of his shirt.

"Again?" I chuckled.

Once Hoseok hyung was done we made our way out into the gym. We began walking around the court, chatting.

"So are you going to tell me the tea?" Hoseok hyung asked.

"Oh yeah. Well freaking Kim decided to invade my privacy and read the message you sent me and asked if I really do dislike him. But I didn't answer him, cause that isn't his problem but he got all mad and literally held me by the collar of my shirt, fucking dick," I explained, rolling my eyes through the process.

     "Oh shoot what happened next?" He questioned excitedly.

    "Well I managed to get his hands off me, and he just walked out of class," I shrugged.

    "That's weird," He muttered.

The sound of a whistle scraped our ears, signaling us to head to our spots on the gym floor. Luckily I was seated near Hyung. The teacher took attendance, and soon we began with the usual warmups.

      "Kim, I see you're showing off," the P.E. Teacher chuckled.

I looked over, and like said, Kim Taehyung was breezing through the exercises with zero effort. I snorted. What a show off.

     "Alright, today we're starting the Volleyball round robin," The teacher spoke excitedly, "I'll be choosing teams though, so don't get too excited."

I was actually quite excited for this activity. I played Volleyball outside of school, since our school doesn't have a team. I just hope I'll be in a team with Hyung.

      "Ok team 1: captain is Ahn Hyejin, the rest of the members are Lee Jihoon, Park Chaeyoung, Kim Yongsun, Kim Heechul, and Park Bogum........ Team 5: captain is Jung Hoseok, rest of the members are Moon Byulyi, Yang Jeongin, Hwang HyunJin, Kang Seulgi, and Kim Chungha...... Team 10: captain Jeon Jungkook, rest of members are Kim Yugyeom, Kim Taehyung, Choi San, and Park Jinyoung,"

No.

Way.

She really put me with Kim Taehyung. I sighed in annoyance. Not only was I put with Kim, but Hyung wasn't on my team.

   "Alright Team 10 and Team 5 on the first net, team 9 and 4 next to them, team 8 and 3 on the 3rd net, team 7 and 2 on the 4th, and team 6 and 1 on the 5th. You can begin," she walked off as the students walked to their designated nets.

I walked to the first net with Hobi Hyung. I was excited to play, and hopefully Kim won't ruin it. 

     I set my team up in spots, 2 in the front and 2 in the back, I was in the middle. Of course Taehyung had to comment on that.

    "So now that you're captain you're just automatically the center," he grumbled.

Just for that comment I put him in the back to serve. Our team served first and the game began. I was actually enjoying the game, even though Kim made many side comments.

Hoseok Hyung bumped the ball, heading my direction. I dove into the front and bumped it up, San spiked the ball earning us a point.

"Show off," Taehyung snarled.

"Kim be quiet, you're just mad Jungkook is way better at Volleyball than all of us," Jinyoung spoke.

"Hey Jungkook, do you play volleyball like on an actual team?" Yugyeom butted in.

"Well yeah, i enjoy the sport," I replied, all of a sudden shy.

"Ah, that explains why you got such a nice ass," Yugyeom winked at me.

My face became flushed by the sudden comment.

"Flirt later, lets finish this game first!" Hoseok Hyung shouted, causing my face to become even more red.

The game went on for another 20 minutes. Every time I would dive or bump the ball, Yugyeom would make flirtatious comments.

Just as our team earned another point, the whistle blew. Our team had won 32-25.

"Aye! We won!" We all shouted.
I gave everyone a high-five, well except for Taehyung.

We went back into the locker room, and got ready to leave for lunch. I locked my gym locker and grabbed my belongings. As I was walking out with Hoseok, a tap on my shoulder stopped me. I turned around and met with a pat of broad shoulders. I looked up and saw Yugyeoms toothy smile.

        "Oh hey Yugyeom," I smiled up at him.

         "Hey kook, do you mind if I sit with you at lunch?" He wondered, still smiling.

          "Oh not at all! Come walk with us," I giggled.

He got beside me and walked with us to the cafeteria.

•••

The three of us sat at the round table on the left side of the cafeteria. I set my tray of school lunch down and took a seat in between Yugyeom and Hoseok. We chatted for a bit before two males came rushing in, violently setting their belongings on our table.

      "Oh my dear Kookie! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Jin Hyung boomed.
       "HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOOKIE!" Jiminie Hyung tagged along.

"Thank you hyungs!" I giggled at their loudness.

"Oh it's your birthday?" Yugyeom whispered loud enough for me to hear.

"Yes I'm finally turning 17!" I exclaimed excitedly. 

  "Woah that's exciting, you receive your mark today. I still have to wait," Yugyeom pouted.

   "Well you can see Kookie's mark tonight, we're celebrating and you're invited!" Jin announced.

    "If he wants to come," I muttered, embarrassed that he might not want to go.

     "I'd love to go. Give me your number and send me the address," he smiled at me.

I passed my phone his way, and he punched in his number. He gave me back my phone, and I checked he set his name as; Gyeommie 💕. I giggled at the cute name. I sent him a simple hey, so the number would be saved in his phone.

     "I guess I'll be calling you Gyeommie now," I smiled at the sound of the name.

     "And I'll be calling you Kookie," he showed me the display of my name on his phone.

Kookie💕

     "Alright let's eat up!" Jin spoke digging into one of his many plates he brought.

••••
Taehyung's Perspective:

   "Kid what's up with you?" Hyung spoke.

I continued to scratch the marking on my wrist, the burning sensation coming and going.

    "It just burns really bad," I whined.

    "Well that just means your soulmate is receiving their mark,Kinda feel bad for you, Your mark is pretty big" He explained.

     "Well they better hurry up and get their mark. This shit stings!" I complained once again.

       "Well hurry up and get your things, I'm starving," Yoongi Hyung rushed me.

I rolled my eyes and closed my locker, walking by his side.

"Where's Namjoon Hyung and the rest?" I asked as we were nearing the cafeteria.

"Waiting for us at the table," he remarked.

"I did not take that long," I mumbled.

"You spent 10 minutes scratching your mark!" Yoongi grumbled.

I rolled my eyes, entering the cafeteria. We passed by the tables until we got to the round table in the middle. I set my bag of food down and took a seat in between Yoongi and Taemin.

    "So Taehyung care to explain why you're the talk of the school?" Vernon asked taking a sip of his bubble tea.

     "What are you talking about?" I poked at my noodles.

     "People were talking about how you grabbed somone by their collar in the morning," Vernon replied, setting his drink on the table.

     "Oh i heard that he was about to hit that Jungkook kid," Taemin spoke up.

     "For real? Poor Jungkook, i heard it was his birthday today too. You probably ruined his day," Minho shook his head.

     "Damn Taehyung, you ruined my mans day," Bogum whined.

     "Your mans?" Young furrowed his eyebrows.

     "Yes, Jungkook is the love of my life, I hope we end up with same mark!" Bogum spoke excitedly.

We all looked at him weirdly, as he continued to stare at that bunny boy.

     "The kid doesn't even know you," namjoon commented.

     "Oh but he will," Bogum smirked.

    "Whatever you say buddy," Taemin laughed at him.

I looked over at Yoongi's food, to see what I can steal. From the corner of my eye I saw a glimmer, gold. Yoongi reached to grab a piece of fruit from his plate, revealing his glowing wrist. The floral triangle emitted light, the delicate detail was breathtaking.

      "Woah, Hyung, your mark is glowing," I pointed out.

He looked down, and then looked around, trying to find something.

     "So, your soulmate is near!" Vernon shouted!

I looked around and spotted the same glowing light, but dimmer. A male with light fluffy brown hair rolled his sleeve down, covering the light from being seen. His friends I suppose, looked at him speaking, probably asking why he covered his mark.

"I don't see them," Yoongi looked back down at his mark.

"But I did," I let out.

Yoongi turned to look at me, along with the others.

"Where?! Please tell me," Yoongi begged.

"He's sitting over there, next to that Jungkook kid," I pointed to the table on out left.

They all turned to look, Yoongi frantically looking for the similar glow.

        "I don't see them," Yoongi looked back at me with disappointment.

        "No, he's right there, he just covered the glow," I pointed at the brunette with the green sweater.

        "Wait isn't that Jung Hoseok? The one in Taemin's dance class." San wondered.

        "Yeah, and you're saying you saw his mark glow as well?" Taemin turned to look at me, eyebrow raised.

         "Yeah, I swear I saw it, but he covered it before anyone else saw it," I stated.

"Please don't lie to me Taehyung," Yoongi looked at me with hope in his eye

"Hyung, why would I lie to you? I swear," I spoke with sincerity.

          "But he covered it, how am I going to show him we're soulmates if he doesn't want anyone to see it," Yoongi pouted.

         "Get him alone," Vernon suggested.

          "How? I rarely see him," Yoongi mumbled.

          "After dance practice! You guys can come watch us, and when it's over you can confront him," Taemin blurted.

          "Ok but you all have to go, I'm not going alone," Yoongi pointed at all of us.

"Today, at around 4 to 5, so Yoongi dress pretty," Taemin commented.

Yoongi blushed, and nodded.

_____________

The bell rung throughout the school. Kids ran out of there classrooms, rushing to leave the place. In the midst of the students walks Jungkook, along with his friends.

"So.. first you guys are going to come to my practice and from there we'll go to Jungkooks apartment," Hoseok reassured.

"But once we get to Jungkooks apartment, I need you all away from the kitchen," Jin assures.

All of the males nod, walking out of the school building.

"Hyung, can Yugyeom go as well?" Jungkook asked looking up at his Hyung.

"To my practice? Of course! Where is he?" Hoseok answered.

"He's on his way, let's wait for him," Jungkook smiled, stopping in front of his Hyung's car.

The others waited along with their younger friend. In a far distance, a tall brunette came running their way. Jungkook instantly smiled.

         "I'm still not over how tall that kid is," Jin murmured as the brunette approached them.

          "Hey Gyeomie!" Jungkook greeted once Yugyeom was with them.

"Hey Kook, and hyungs," Yugyeom greeted back with a smile.

          "Hello again! Let's get in the car now, Hoseok likes going early to his practice," Jin announced, as Hoseok unlocked the car.

The others, hopped in and Hoseok started the car. The drive to the dance studio was a 30 minute relaxing drive.  The group of friends chatted amongst each other.

Hoseok pulled up into the parking lot of the dance studio. He parked the mini-van as everyone began unbuckling. The others jumped out of the car and waited for Hoseok to lead the way.  With Hoseok ahead, he began reaching into his pocket, searching for the key to the studio. He managed to find it and unlocked the glass doors.

           "Alright, guys, you can set your belongings to the side and sit against the wall. The others will be here in around an hour," Hoseok announced.

         "Are you gonna show us a few dances while we're here?" Jimin asked excitedly.

         "Well obviously, why else would you guys be here?" Hoseok replied in a "duh" tone.

Jimin rolled his eyes at his hyungs attitude. The others sat against the wall opposite to the large mirror. Hoseok set his bag against the wall and prepared his speaker. He positioned himself in the middle of the studio and the music began playing. He began moving his body along to the beat. You could say he was one with the beat. His body moving in ways that amazed the others. Leaving his friends in awe, his body paused with the music. At the sound of the last note, the others clapped their hands.

"Wow! Hyung you're so good!" Yugyeom exclaimed, in utter awe.

"You never fail to amaze us Hoseok-ah," Jin smiled at Hoseok.

"You have to teach me to dance some time Hyung!" Jungkook jumped excitedly.

"Why don't I teach you now? We still got half an hour till the other dancers get here," Hoseok suggested.

"Yes! Let's get it!"

Jungkook followed his hyungs steps, perfectly. The others watched their maknae dance so well. Almost like a natural born dancer. Yugyeom stared at Jungkook with hearts in his eyes. He was completely amazed by the ravenette. Time flew by quick as they were all focused on the birthday boy dancing, not noticing the large group of guys entering the studio, who were also staring at the young boy. Once the two finished the last move, a roar of applause was heard, startling Jungkook.

"Wow! Hoseok-ah your friend has talent," Taemin spoke as the applauses died down.

"He's multi-talented so I'm not surprised he can dance," Hoseok spoke proudly.

Jungkook stood beside his Hyung, awkward with his face beating red.

"I'm really not that good," Jungkook muttered.

"Nonsense you are amazing!" Taemin complimented.

Jungkook quietly thanked him, flustered. He took his leave and sat with the rest of his friends.

          "Kook you're a natural!" Jimin attacked him with his eye smile.

Jungkook, still beat red, pried Jimin off chatting with his hyungs and Yugyeom. Their conversation was cut short when the music began and the dancers prepared.

On the other side sat Taehyung and his friends, also here to watch their friend practice. Next to him sat Yoongi. In a mint colored long-sleeved shirt in which he drowned in, along with his regular black jeans. He watched Hoseok dance, amazed. Could he really be his soulmate? He peeked in his sleeve, and for sure his mark was glowing once again. The beat ended, Hoseok announced the rest to take a break, as all the dancers were drenched. This could be his time. Hoseok rolled up his sleeves and his mark was glowing, much brighter. This earned the attention of the others.

       "Woah Hyung!" Jungkook gasped, followed by the others.

       "You're soulmate must be here," Taemin eyed Yoongi.

       "I- who is it? Roll up your sleeves," Hoseok looked around frantically.

Everyone in the room had their arms bare now. All except the pale boy with mint jumper. Hoseok stared at him, waiting for the impossible. Yoongi looks down at the floor, nervously biting his bottom lip. He could show his glowing mark, or he could just run away. He was scared, scared of rejection. Everyone else waited, the room tense. Yoongi hesitantly rolled his sleeve up. His mark now visible. The same floral triangle as Hoseok's glowing. The room burst in gasps. The pale boy didn't look up, afraid of the reaction. He rolled his sleeve back down, and ran. He ran out into the fall night. Hoseok taken out of his trance ran after him. Everyone else still shocked, stayed inside talking among themselves.

Luckily Yoongi hadn't gone far. Hoseok caught up to the smaller male. He grabbed his wrist and spinned the pale boy around. The boy still kept his head down.

      "Yoongi, please look at me," Hoseok whispered.

Hesitant, Yoongi looked up at the taller male. Hoseok gave him a small smile.

      "Why'd you run?" Hoseok asked.

       "I- I was... afraid. Afraid that maybe you didn't want me as a soulmate," Yoongi mumbled looking back down at the ground.

Hoseok smiles at him. He let go of his wrist and with his finger he lifted his chin up. He stared into Yoongis eyes, leaning in. Catching the other by surprise, he pressed his lips against the others lips. Yoongi stood there in shock, but soon he fluttered his eyes shut and melted into the kiss, bringing his arms up to Hoseok's shoulders.

           "I'm more than happy that you're my soulmate Min Yoongi," Hoseok smiled brightly after ending the kiss.

Yoongi blushed and leaned his head against Hoseok's chest. Happy.

———————

       "Soooo, how'd it go hyung?" Jimin wiggled his eyebrows at Hoseok.

        "It went well, really well," Hoseok smiled, pulling into the parking lot.

        "This is so cute! Hobi hyung found his soulmate! And on my birthday! I'm honored," Jungkook jumped excitedly.

The others laughed, and got out of the car, walking into the apartment complex. The smaller lead them up the stairs and onto the 3rd floor. He put his passcode in and opened his apartment door. The others trailed in behind him placing the item they carried in the kitchen.

      "Alright, I'll get started on the food, Jimin help Yugyeom prepare the snacks. Hoseok and Jungkook go shower," Jin ordered.

Yugyeom and Jimin began setting up the snacks, while the other two boys went into Jungkooks room. Hoseok was the first one to get into the shower, too icky from his sweat. Jungkook sat on his bed, he looked over at the clock. 5:20. His nerves rising as the time got closer to 6:00. It was nearly time. His mark could appear anywhere. He got up and walked to his closet, searching for an outfit. He wanted to be comfortable and easy access to his mark so he decided on a pastel purple oversized sweater which reached his knees, and small shorts underneath. He set his clothes on his bed and searched for some undergarments. Jungkook has always wore somewhat feminine clothing, not too extreme but he worse some. You could say he enjoyed feeling pretty.

"Alright, thank you Kookie!" Hoseok stepped out of the bathroom with a towel around his shoulders.

"No problem hyung! Now I have to hurry!" Jungkook ran into the bathroom, quick to shower.

Meanwhile Hoseok dried his hair and walked out of Jungkooks room, joining the others. He took a seat on the satin couch along with Jimin and Yugyeom. Jin was finishing the food.

By the time Jungkook was finished it was already 5:47 p.m. . He quickly dried his hair and slipped on light purple socks to match his sweater. He walked out and joined his friends. Jin had set the ttoekbokki on the table along with plates and drinks.

"Aww Kookie you look so cute!" Jin cooed.

The others complimented Jungkook, who was now blushing. He took a seat next Yugyeom on the love seat. Yugyeom couldn't keep his eyes off the beauty in front of him. Jungkook noticed this which caused him to turn a much darker shade of red.

5:55

"It's almost time! I'll pick up the plates, Jungkook prepare yourself." Jin squealed.

Jungkook began shaking his leg anxiously.

5:57

"Hey, no need to be nervous Kookie," Hoseok assured.

5:59

Jungkook was smiling, but the nerves were eating him up.

6:00

The prickling feeling took over Jungkooks body. He squealed at the sudden stinging. A glowing red shone through Jungkook's sweater. He pulled up his sweat just above his thigh. In pure display was the intricate pattern on Jungkooks thigh. Everyone stared at the design, amazed.

"Oh, wow! That's so beautiful," Jimin breathed out.

Jungkook smiled and nodded.

"The design is so astonishing, I've never seen a mark that beautiful," Yugyeom complimented, "I hope I get the same one, and if not then something just as beautiful."

Jungkook blushed at the comment and playfully hit Yugyeom on his shoulder.

"Ok lovebirds, now lets enjoy the rest of the night!" Jin announced.

"Wait, Jungkook can I take a picture of your mark, Yoongi wants to see it," Hoseok asked.

Jungkook nodded lifting his sweater once again, exposing the artwork on his thigh.

/////

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 1.3K 17
Jungkook the Golden Maknae of BTS maybe Godly and perfect in public but when audience and camera disappear he is a small boy with lots of insecuritie...
503K 29.2K 44
"Do you believe in soulmates?" He asked. "Are you trying to subtly flirt with me?" The other asked. Hoseok's family was very different from the other...
27.4K 1.2K 21
" Please don't don't leave me " ~ I am not you are leaving me ~ " How can i live without you ??? ~ Just like i will be ~ Love that is priceless Love...
2.4K 42 22
"Eomma, how do you know who your soulmate is if there is more than one person with those initials?" "When you are near your soulmate, Jimin-ah, two m...