Beginning in the Middle

By Unknown901

This is the continuation of my life story, started in My Diary. It's completely true. This is my journey thro... More

7/24/12
8/6/12
7/29/13

Beginning in the Middle

89 1 1
By Unknown901

I believe introductions are in order.

Hello, my dear readers! I am Unknown901, but you can call me unknown. This is partially because I wish to remain anonymous, and partially because I am too unoriginal to come up with a better username.

So, as some of you may know, this is not the beginning of my story. The beginning is oh-so-creatively entitled, "My Diary: and Interactive Project. Sort of." As suggested by that title, it is just the story of my life, starting around the beginning of my freshman year of high school and ending in the middle of the summer before junior year. Unfortunately, it did not get a proper ending because I was not aware of the chapter limit on this website. Alas, it ended in the middle of an important occasion. So If you would like to read the beginning, that would be great! However, it is 100 chapters long, and about as many pages, and I know that can be kind of intimidating.(Also, if you do read it, keep in mind that my writing gets better as I the story goes on and I develop my style and grow as a writer.) So I am going to give all of the new readers a brief introduction!

To start off, you are probably wondering why my life is worth reading about. Honestly, I wonder that myself sometimes. I'm not anything extraordinary. But I do feel like I have a unique story to share. As you will see in the coming chapters, I have a few extra issues added on to the already horrific obstacle of being a teenager. Namely, social anxiety and depression. As difficult as it is to admit, they are both very serious problems for me. But this has become my refuge. This is where I can express myself in a way I never could in real life. Which is exactly why this shall forever remain anonymous.

Basically, I have two main purposes in writing this: as a way to express myself, and to provide encouragement, or at least a bit of company, to anyone else who may be suffering in the same way. I am a very research-minded person, so I've spent a lot of time trying to find stories of other people like me, which is a surprisingly difficult task. So I'm trying to make it a little easier on others.

But I don't want you all to get the wrong impression! Although I do spend a lot of time talking about my problems, because that's what teenagers do, it's not always that dark. I am very nerdy in the truest sense of the word. I'm in higher level classes, and my intelligence is the only thing I'm really proud of about myself. I may not be particularly pretty or talented, but I'm smart. I'm also super obsessive about things I like. I have a lot of bands and shows and books that I get really obsessed with, and it makes me into a crazy fangirl. Along with that comes a lot of fanfiction reading and other nerdy things.

I also write a lot about my adventures with my friends. I tell a lot of stories, both positive and negative, so there are a few characters you should know. I apologize beforehand for the overwhelming number, but I'll make a note of the more important ones. I'm mentioning all of the ones I've written about previously, just in case some of them get mentioned when I thought they wouldn't. Also, if you get them confused, it usually doesn't influence the story too much. Most of the time a character's past doesn't come up.

Character list, as of now:

S - This is my sister. We are twins, and we are very similar. She's mentioned a lot, so you will get to know her pretty quickly. I also have two brothers, but they aren't mentioned often.

F2- All of the Fs are my Friends. F1 is S, so we start with F2. I haven't seen her in a while, but we were really good friends in middle school and freshman year. Going to different high schools kind of separated us. She probably won't be mentioned often, and if she is, all you really need to know is that she's an old friend.

F3- F3 is our neighbor and a good friend. She's a year younger than we are, and I won't talk about her too much, but I still see her every once in a while. She's different from my other friends in the way tht she cares a lot about having a lot of friends. She isn't popular per se, but she's definitely more outgoing than most of my friends.

F4- She is one of my closest friends, and she will probably show up often, especially over the summer. She's a little immature, but she's always so happy.

F5- Another one of my closest friends, and my best guy friend. He's a little...flamboyant, in a good way. He isn't gay, but a lot of people assume he is and treat him badly for it. He is a really great person, and he's really good for me because he can talk for hours so I don't have to. He's the only person I will talk to on the phone.

F6- My third really close friend. She is probably one of the prettiest girls I've ever met, but she doesn't act like it. She's smart and nerdy, even though she could be popular if she wanted to. But I suppose that's the best thing about her; her personality wouldn't allow it. She's far too nerdy to be popular.

F7- I was really close to F7 in Freshman year, but we didn't have a lot of classes together last year, so I don't see her a lot anymore. She is quietly outspoken, if that's possible. She always joined me when I was being cynical, but she generally didn't say it to anyone's face. But she was always willing to go along with us when we didn't want to do something alone, and I really appreciated it.

F8- I only became friends with her last year, and I haven't talked to her in months. She was really awesome and very similar to me in the nerdy ways when I first met her. But something happened to her arounf last October, and she got really depressed. I tried my best to help, but she wouldn't talk about it. Toward the end of the semester she started thinking that I hated her, most likely because she was so depressed, which I honestly didn't, and I still don't. She changed so much, and she has since stopped talking to me altogether. But if you want to read more on that, you can read the chapter about her in my story Yours Truly. I probably won't mention her much.

F9- the last F, and my other guy friend. He is very much a diva, and is into theatre at school. He can get annoying at times due to his constant need of attention, but he's always done his best to include us. I've had trouble with theatre class before, but I'll mention that more when the story gets going. Anyway, F9 is a good person to have around, and he's very entertaining.

FB1- This is my first freshman buddy, who will always be called that even though both of them will no longer be freshmen next year. WE met them on the bus on the first day of school last year, and they are amazing. They perfectly balance each other. FB1 is the one who we can count on to understaand our taste in music, and to obsess withus over bands and concerts. She's the edgier one.

FB2 - She is the counterpart to FB1. She is smart and nerdy and likes anime and fanfiction. She's also one of the nicest people I've ever met. Whenever I had a bad day, I sat by her on the bus ride home from school, and she always made me feel better.

And last but not least:

V1- The V stands for villian. He is the human antagonist of my story, currently the only one. He is going to be in all of my classes in the next two years, and he is one of the mos tannoying, bullying students at our school. He is admittedly really smart, but he holds it over everyone. He likes to laugh at people when they get wrong answers, and he always disrupts class with stupid antics. Yet, somehow, a lot of the teachers like him, especially the theatre teacher. He has made S cry multiple times, and he's never been punished for anything. And I've never once seen him show remorse. I think he only does nice things once in a blue moon because he knows he can get kicked out of the higher-level classes if he doesn't. But generally, he's an annoying bully, and everyone thinks he's just the funniest thing they've ever seen. I can't stand him.

That's all the characters! I'm sorry for the number of people I included.

I usually try to update at least once every two or three weeks, but I'll only update ifI have something worth saying. Any new readers should catch on pretty quickly. Once the story starts you'll learn all about my quirks, like my fear of eating in public and using the phone, my issues with trying to be a part of our school's theatre clique, and my weird habits. You'll also probably see some dark times. When I go through an episode of depression, my writing is always overcome with angsty musings. But they're always interesting. I think.

If any of you feel lost during the story, feel free to ask questions, and I'll try my best to answer them. Don't be afraid to comment or message me. I'm friendly. I promise!

I don't do this for the number of readers, or the comments, or the votes. I do it for myself, and for anyone who may be helped by my story. But I definitely appreciate anyone who reads. I wouldn't be here without you all. My first story has helped me more than I ever thought possible. Writing always makes me feel better.

So, this is my life. It's completely, 100% real. I hope you take the journey with me. You may learn something about yourself. And you never know; I could be someone you know.

Thank you all for reading!

Goodbye, my dear readers.

"I think I can figure it out, but I'm gonna need a little help to get me through it."- A Lifeless Ordinary (Need a Little Help), Motion City Soundtrack. 

I always end with a song quote. I thought this was appropriate because I feel like this writing is helping me figure myself out, and I couldn't do it without you all. Also, it just started playing. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 6 33
I use this as my diary. I write down all my thoughts and I hope it'll help me.
67 8 20
This is just details of my life. Me just trying to recall and work through things. I hope someone, somewhere can relate. But I'm more or less treatin...
145 0 44
this is something it think i am going to try for not only myself but for maybe people who have the same feelings and experiences i have. I fell like...
1.1K 3 24
This is a memoir I wrote for English class about the struggles of depression, anxiety, and being a teenager.