She's My Constant

By SkyWrites102

Cast Of Characters: Glaiza De Castro as Destiny S. Valerio Rhian Ramos as Kate Denise R. Howell Solenn Heuss... More

College Friends and Feelings
Heartbreaks
Killer on the loose
Remembering Destiny
Force of Habit
Habits Stay
Monday Blues
Bloody Grey
Kate vs. Eve
Sleep Tight
Over the moon
Sunshine
Eve, The Apple of their Eyes
Friyay
Meet the parents
In her loving Memory
Together
Mr. Montenegro will see you now
Letting you go
Solenn's Blessing
Valentine's Day Plans
I Choose You
Downfall
Truth about us
1 Month in
Of Cafes and Men
Seventh Month
She will be loved
All of Me
Author's Note
Author's Note on the Commentaries

Eve's Temptation

570 17 0
By SkyWrites102

Ari's POV:

Today is tuesday and my second session with Eve. Yesterday, I felt how miserable she lived her life with out Destiny. Destiny is a sweet and protective friend, she'd go to war for you. I can't blame Eve, if you have a very supportive friend like her, there was a time that Rachel and I had a fight because of Destiny, we almost broke up that time. But she never stopped treating me and Rachel as her family. She would always kiss the top of our heads and she does sweet things for us.

Like buy us lunch, when she knows we were busy doing projects and other school requirements, she'd call never sent a text this whole time that we knew her. She would sometimes call, suddenly with out explanation. Just to ask how we have been or just to invite us for dinner or lunch. She is the nicest and sweetest friend ever.

I was sitting in the dining table, waiting for Rachel to finish making us breakfast, I sip on my cup of coffee as I read through an email, it was Destiny's notes on Eve's case. I was reading through her notes and observations. I was silently reading through the email when my wife called my attention.

"Hon, are you alright? I said breakfast is ready." Rachel pouted at me

"Yeah, I'm fine Honey. I'm sorry, I was just reading through an email." I smiled at her before kissing her lips and putting my phone down.

"That's alright. So, Eve is your new patient, right?" She looked at me as if asking for gossip.

"Yes. Why?" I said as I took a bite of crispy fried bacon.

"So? Come on, details!" She grins widely at me as she took a bite of her hashbrown.

"Ugh, can't believe you Peters!" I giggled at her before taking a sip from my cup of coffee.

"Honey, please?" she pouts at me.

"She's nice, but she had a hard time, her dad left her mom and her best friend lost it when she caught her boyfriend cheating. No one was there for her." I said to Rachel as I eat my hashbrown.

"Oohh, poor Eve." Rachel said while eating her scrambled eggs.

I took a sip of coffee before continuing to eat my scrambled eggs.

"Yeah, anyway, we have another session today. Just reading through D's initial notes about this case." 

"Okay, honey. Uhmmm, we're supposed to go ring hunting later. Should I pick you up?" Rachel asked me

"Can you drive me to work and pick me up after?" I batted my eyelashes at her.

"Hmmm... Are you trying to save on gas?" She questioned me

"Yeah. I am. I drive a Honda CR-V, it consumes gas like a fat kid would consume milk." I chuckled.

"Ahahaha! I told you to trade that in for a Mazda CX-5, but nope, you're not listening." Rachel laughed at me

"Honey, I like my Honda CR-V, just not the gas intake. Besides, I've been using a Honda CR-V since." I smiled at her again.

"Alright, we'll car pool. That's only because, I love you so much wifey." She says to me like I don't know it.

"I'd also like you to meet Eve." I said to her.

"Alright Mrs. Butera-Peters, I'd love to meet your new friend." she smiled at me.

"And please Mrs. Peters-Butera, no bitch mode okay? Be nice to her, she is nice. I am warning you." I admonished her knowing she would throw an attitude, unlike me and Kate, Rachel tells you upfront if she doesn't like you as a person.

"Ugh, alright. Alright. I'll try to be in my best behavior." she concedes

"Good girl!" I exclaimed and gave her a kiss on her lips before standing up to take our plates in the sink.

It was my turn to wash the plates and utensils, being that Rachel cooked our breakfast. That's how we've always been, we take turns in doing the chores at home.

Rachel is a business woman, unlike me and Destiny who concentrated on the field of medicine. She and Kate and the rest of the gang have their own businesses to run, Kate has just become the COO of their company in preparation to Uncle Gareth's soon to be retirement. So her schedule is a little bit stricter these days.

My wife and I started out as Orgmates back in college, the Outreach Org of our school where different students help out in the community based on their courses, I was great with Kids, one of our professors noticed and has signed me up for reading classes with kids.

Rachel was a business major, but otherwise loves kids, we were partnered to co-facilitate a reading class. After that, we got along so well, until she introduced me with Kate who is her best friend. From then, we started to consistently hang out, before I knew it, she formally asked me if she could court me. Now, I wasn't a stranger to this type of relationship, I had a few back in highschool, but nothing as serious as Rachel.

There was something about her that made me feel secured, even if she couldn't control her temper most times, there was something about the way her voice softens if I told her she's pulling the last nerve in me with her temper. There was clarity when our relationship went past the 7th year mark. Now, we are married.

As I finished washing the dishes, I walked into our room, I found Rachel, sorting out what we would be wearing, unlike Kate and Destiny who had matching styles, Rachel and I wear different clothes, both feminine in style. But she is more of a beach bum, boho chic look, while I'm mostly career woman with feminine rufles and eye catching colors.

I saw her pick out a strapless princess cut floral dress for me, while she picks out a boho shirt dress, paired with her ripped jean short shorts. I hugged her from behind. I tip toed to place a kiss on her shoulder. She looks at me and smiled at me.

"There you are." she says as she leads me to the bathroom to shower. After showering, we got dressed, I tied my hair inside Rache's car as she drove us to my clinic. In 30 minutes we parked in my parking space, she opened the door for me. She held me close to her as she brought my bag with her and walked to the door.

Upon entering my clinic, my secretary greeted us. We smiled back as we head into my office room. Rachel sat on the couch, while I head to my table and put my bag underneath the table. 

"Honey, do you want any thing to eat?" Rachel asks me

"Hon, we just had breakfast, don't tell me you're hungry again?" I raised an eyebrow at her

"No, I'm just... Tensed." She said to me 

"Tensed?" I asked her again

"Yes." She answered me

"Why are you tensed?" I approached her and put my arm around her nape.

"Because, I'm meeting the girl who one of my best friends used to love. It's a mixture of emotions for me Honey, because all of those times D, spent crying for her, all the pain she caused her, as a best friend, I'm sure you're protective of your friends right?" she said 

"I get you Honey, but that's all in the past. D, is getting engaged to Kate on Friday. We need to try and reach out to Eve, that's what she needs right now, a friend." I smiled at her and kissed her lips, gentle and chaste. 

A knock on the door was heard, before my secretary opens the door. 

"Doctor Ari, Miss Jimenez is here for her 9 AM Schedule." She smiled

"Yes, let her in." I smiled back at my secretary.

Before I sat on the couch with my wife in tow. I held her hand in mine. Tracing lazy circles on her purlicue with my thumb to calm her nerves. Eve, was ushered in by my secretary. 

"Hi, Eve. Please take a seat." I smiled at her

"Hi, Ari. Thanks." She said and smiled

"Eve, this is my wife, Rachel. Rachel, this is Eve Jimenez." I introduced them, my wife shook her hand and smiled

"Nice to meet you, finally." I heard my wife said.

"Nice to meet you. too." Eve smiled

"Have you had breakfast yet Eve?" I asked her, because she looked like she needed to eat.

"Uhm, no. I don't eat breakfasts usually. I've had coffee though enroute here." She smiled

"I see. Honey, you can go now, I'll see you later?" I asked Rachel

"Yes. Pick you up at lunch." She smiled and kissed me on my lips, a quick peck.

"Bye, Eve. catch you guys later." She smiled and headed out the door.

I straightened myself and smiled at my wife as I watch her leave the room. 

"Alright, Eve. The results of your tests came back, the one I made you do, yesterday. You remember?" 

She nodded at me and said "Yes. I remember."

"So, the results came back this morning." I said as I handed her a brown envelope for her to open.

"What were the results?" she asked me

"We have confirmed that you have Borderline Personality Disorder or BPD for short. But yours is Low BPD. Meaning it may have been triggered because of your previous experience. Whether it is direct or indirect. In your case, which is rare, as a result of indirect experiences." I informed her.

"Okay." was all she said.

"Eve, I need your cooperation and trust. Now that you're diagnosed, we need to talk some more, I need you to tell me what's going on in your mind, after every confession you make okay?" I asked her

She nods at me and smiled

"So, let's start?" I asked her

"Yeah. Thanks." She smiled.

*****Flashback*****  

It was a day after I have killed Anthony Mendez. I woke up with my eyes swollen from last night's crying, I got up carefully, still a little disoriented from sleep. I headed to the kitchen to prepare my pre-work out meal, I knew I had to go to the gym, to ease my mind from thinking about Destiny. I prepared something quick and light to fuel me. I made myself a cup of coffee, with 2 teaspoons of Sugar and Cream. I also made myself some oats with fruits and nuts. I ate the meal and decided to change to proper gym clothes. After that, I drove to the gym. Once I got in, I checked if there are boxing classes I could join, they have but it wouldn't be until later tonight, so I decided to just use a punching bag to take out my frustration and thoughts. Hopefully the pain too, but who am I kidding?  It won't take away the pain but hopefully it would keep me from going crazy. 

I was punching the bag like a lunatic, I didn't care if it would swing and hit me back, I punched it with all my might. One, Two, Three. Until I heard someone from behind me.

"Ahemmm." He says.

I look back a little flustered.

"Let me help you." He offered.

"Sure?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'm sure. You look like you could use some help." He smiled.

"Okay, then." I said.

He put on the punch mitts he had from his bag and stepped on the ring with me. He raised his hands for me to punch. We went at it until I can no longer breathe.

"You've got a lot of anger inside you, Miss." He laughed as he catches his breath too.

"Eve, my name is Eve. Yeah. I have a lot of pent up frustration." I answered.

"My name's Drew, Andrew Buendia. Broken heart?" He asked as he drank from his water bottle.

"Nice to meet You, You can say that." I said while I was still trying to catch my breath and drank from my water bottle. 

"I got time, maybe we can go for a post work out meal?" he said  

  "Yeah, maybe." I shrugged at him.  

I walked away from him once I was a few steps away I looked back at him and said "Thank you for helping me Drew." I continued to walk to the locker area to change.  

Upon coming out, he was right by the door, I chose to ignore him and walked as fast as I could. But the guy was persistent. He followed me to my car, before I could get on my car, he grabbed my arm.

  "C'mon, just a post work out meal, it wouldn't hurt Eve." he smiles again.  

"Alright, your place?" I asked him

"Cool, we can do that. I don't have a car, I live near the area, about two blocks away." He said

"You can get on mine." I offered and he accepted.

We drove to his place, true enough, it was just two blocks from the gym. We got off my car, he ushered me to through his door.

We sat at the couch, There was a little distance as I am not comfortable with him. He moved a little before he speaks

"So what do you want to eat?"

"I'm not hungry Drew, I had breakfast before I went to the gym." I smiled at him trying to compose myself.

"So about earlier, can you tell me what was going on, why you were throwing strong punches?"

He smiled before he puts his arm around me.

"Uhm, I had my heart broken, 4 years ago, I decided to go to the gym, to let some of my frustrations out." I smiled

"I see. So who is this person?"

He asks me again

"Her name is Destiny." I answered him

"Wait, what? Did you say her?"

He looked at me

"Yes her, my first ever too. I've had a few boyfriends."

"I see. I bet I can help you fix that situation."

Then I felt his arm tighten around me, pulling me closer to his body. He kisses me on my lips. At first, I didn't want to respond, but he forced me. So I let it go on for a while.

When he was about to put his body on top of mine, I stopped him.

I straddled him on his lap, and continued to kiss him, torridly before I pulled away.

"Calm down Drew, I'm not going anywhere." I smiled at him and gave him a sultry look, I put my arm around his nape, and unraveled the steel coil bracelet I was wearing. I put it around his neck, once he kissed me down my chest, that is when I lost it. I strangled him with the steel coil bracelet.

Still smiling at him as he begged for his life as he chokes to his death. Before he breathes his last, I pulled out the jungle knife strapped on my right leg, I stabbed him in the chest repeatedly. The last stab I dragged across his chest, opening his heart. I took his heart out and chopped it into pieces. I breathed a sigh of relief, as I was almost raped by a douchebag.

I cleaned myself up at his kitchen sink. Then, I got out of his place. I got into my car and drove home. The intense morning I had have tired me out, the moment I got into my flat, I docked my phone in the speaker in the living room, I played a rather sad and depressing playlist. I lay on the couch, my thoughts are still with Destiny, for the nth time, I wonder where I could find her, when I would be able to talk to her and explain my side.

I looked out the sliding door leading to the veranda, the sun is out and shining, my tears fell once again, as I look at the morning sun. I ask God, why me? Why not my friends who judged her and her feelings for me? More importantly, why did I have to do that?

I knew exactly why. I was a popular it girl, a queen bee of some sorts. My subjects had high expectations of me, I got scared of being bullied. I was self-centered at the time. The blame was all on me.

*****End of Flashback*****

Ari's POV: 

I looked at Eve as she finished narrating her Fourth Victim. Her eyes was full of sadness, she really did love our best friend D, I thought to myself. I let her have a moment of silence.

"So, how do you feel about that 4th victim?" I asked her finally after a few moments

"He was creepy, he almost raped me Ari." She answered me

"And it is okay to feel that way Eve, what you've done was out of your defense mechanism." 

"I don't know Ari, I just spaced out and before I knew it, I was done stabbing him and chopping his heart into pieces." 

"It's alright Eve. I understand you. It's you response because he was trying to rape you."

"At that time, I also thought why me? I mean am I that Sexy or Sultry? Did I act inappropriately?" 

"No, you didn't Eve. It was not your fault, it was that guy's fault. He was not raised well. He deserved what he got from you." I said with sympathy.

She cried at this point and I allowed her to cry, I sat beside her and was patting her back to soothe her crying. I eventually offered her a hug, which she took eventually.

"Eve, what you did is not your fault, don't ever think that okay? I would like you to think that you only made the decision because you were given no choice about the matter. Okay?" 

"Okay, Ari." She responded while she was wiping her tears with her hands. I reached for a box of tissues lying on the table.

She gets some tissue from the box and wipes her face with it.

"Thank you, Ari. I will keep that in mind." 

"Do you want to take a break or would you like to tell me everything now?" I asked her, uncertain of how she will respond.

"If it's okay, can we continue tomorrow?" She asked me not really sure if I would allow it.

"Yeah sure, we can continue tomorrow. What time will you come?" I asked her

"We can have lunch tomorrow, if it's okay with you?" She asked me

"Yeah, sounds like a plan. So, let's meet tomorrow for lunch? Call me okay?" I said to her

"Yes, Ari. See you tomorrow then." She said as she gave me one last hug

"Yes, Eve. See you tomorrow." I hugged her back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 402 17
Neither of them had total confidence in destiny. Not even when they started to see the invisible red strings that bound people to their soul mates. N...
3.1K 81 12
Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone - we find it with another. If we look into each and everyone's dream...
120K 3.8K 52
The desire to find someone who could accept you for who you truly are. Not the people personified you with.......... Can FATE lead you to her? ...
23.8K 1.3K 40
When Devin met Myrtle, Devin didn't want to have any friends, but is soon drawn to Myrtle. She falls in love with her faster than you could say, LOVE...