Love You Better

By xxxdancemomsgirlxxx

Sisters like to steal everything from each other like food, clothes, and even songs from one another's Spotif... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 18

14 0 0
By xxxdancemomsgirlxxx

"Ughhh my life is Fucking over." Lexi said pacing back and forth as I ate breakfast.

""What's wrong with you? I thought homecoming was your favorite night of the year."  "It was but it isn't anymore." She said grabbing a pillow from the couch and throwing it on the floor.

"Are you drunk or something?" "Why would I be drunk if I just woke up?" "I don't know, it could be a hangover or something."

"I didn't drink anything, bur it would be better if I did." She said grabbing a plastic red cup and the bottle of vodka from the fridge.

"Nope that isn't for you." I said taking the bottle from her hand. "C'mon don't ruin the fun." "Too bad, go to my room." I said quickly finishing up the eggs and bacon on my plate.

"So what's wrong with you? I've never seen you this down." I asked sitting beside her.

"Julian broke up with me last night." She said starting to sob. "Really?" "Yeah he said that the timing was wrong and that we just weren't right for each other."

"It's okay Lex, things will only get better from here." "No it won't, I'll literally be the only one without a date."

"I don't have a date." "Technically you do, you're still going with Julian." "But I wouldn't be if we weren't the soccer captains. We also only planned to spend the beginning together so he can just walk off when he feels like it."

"I know, but why wouldn't he spend the night with you if he could?" "Well he seems to have a lot on his mind right now and so do I. We aren't technically even on speaking terms so I have to fix things with him."

"In all honesty I don't even wanna make things right with him, I'm just so pissed that I don't have a date at the last minute." "I'm sure there are plenty of guys that would wanna go with you."

"I'm gonna look so desperate though and I'm just gonna be called a "little slut" again because I'm hanging out with a new guy." "Since when have you cared about being called a slut?" "Since cute guys have started calling me that." "Makes sense." I laughed.

"Okay I'm gonna hate myself for saying what I'm about to say, but I think Julian might have a thing for you."

"This isn't the first time I've been told this, but it's not true." "Why don't you think so? He fucking said your name before we almost hooked up and he always seemed to be wondering what you were doing."

"Julian and I have talked about this before and I admitted that I had feelings for him before you started dating, but he said that he only liked you."

"That's Bullshit and you know it, Morgan. How many times have you kissed him?" "Look that's the beyond the point."

"Answer my question." "Okay like a few times." "A few is like 2 or 3." "Okay like 7 or 8, but that doesn't matter."

"How many times did he cheat on me with you, and don't worry I won't be mad at you." "Does kissing count as cheating?" "Yes why wouldn't it?" "Okay like twice, but it wasn't major."

"Good to know, Sex?" "Okay really Lex?" "Yeah I wanna know exactly what this secret relationship was like." "There was no secret relationship and we never had sex when you were together." "Good to know, I'm gonna call him and give him a piece of my mind." She said skipping off.

Technically I lied, but at the same time I didn't. She asked if we hooked up when they were together which didn't happen, however we did hook up.

As I got my makeup together I heard Lexi screaming over the phone. I felt bad, but I couldn't hide that from her. She's seen us kiss before so she it didn't come as a shock to her.

"What's going on with Lexi? Is she going insane or something?" "Julian broke up with her last night."

"Thank god, I was so annoyed whenever he came over. Don't get me wrong, he's a really chill dude, but Lex would make me hate him when she would talk about him all the fucking time." "Yeah I agree."

"So how was that party last night?" I asked while trying different shades of lip gloss on.

"It was pretty boring. The only entertaining part about it was that Gabriella was chasing after me so Camila and I hid in a room and got to know each other a little more."

"In what way?" I laughed. "Well we played 16 questions and then made out the rest of the time." "What happened to the other 5 questions?" "I don't know, I think so asked her where she likes me touching her the best and then that was it." "Wow."

"So are you gonna sit with her in the Sophomore section or is she gonna have to go down to the little pest section?" "Nah she reserved our seats in the Sophomore section because the guys in my grade like to throw food  at each other." "Weird."

"Well I gotta go pick up my tux and get a haircut so I'll be back in a few hours." "Okay bye." I waved.

"I'm leaving!" Lexi screamed as she slammed her door. "Where are you going?" "To get a mani pedi and then get my hair done." "I thought I was doing your hair?" "Yeah but now I need to look super hot to get Julian jealous."
————————————————————————
After a few hours of doing nothing I finally got up and started doing my hair. I put my hair in a half up- half down and just curled the ends.

After I called Allie to come over and do my makeup like she did every year.

"So have you and Noah talked about tonight?" "Yeah and I'm not happy about it." She snickered.

"Well I'm sorry you have to deal with him." "Thanks, I'm kinda getting used to it though. Are you going with Zach tonight?" "How did you know he was here?" "I saw you and him walking out of a restaurant when I was going home."

"Well the answer is no, I didn't know he was coming so I never got him a ticket or anything." "Well when does he leave?" "Monday." "Girl you're crazy, if I were you I would wanna spend all my time with him." "I do, it's just that he didn't come at the right time."

"Well did you at least tell him that Julian is your date for half the night?" "No, he asked me if we had a past though and I might've said no because I panicked."

"Morgan!" "Well he won't find out about tonight." "You better hope not."

"And I forgot to tell you something really important." "What?" "Julian and Lexi broke up last night." "No fucking way!" "Yeah, he told her that it wasn't the right time and that they weren't compatible."

"Finally, So when are you two gonna finally confess your love for each other?" "Al, I'm going out with Zach. Julian and I kinda drifted apart."

"Stop lying, you spend more time with that boy than you spend at home." "Now you need to stop lying." "Maybe he'll finally admit his feelings tonight since you get the full night with him." "Allie stop." "Fine, but you owe me 20 bucks by the end of the night."

After she finished my makeup I did hers. After that I slipped into my pastel pink two piece and put on my shoes.

As I was finishing up I went over to my dresser to find jewelry. I noticed Julian's necklace right next to Zach's necklace. I was going out with Zach, but I was all Julian's tonight so I put his necklace on.

"You ready for this?" Allie asked putting on her finishing touches. "Yeah." "Let's go." She said as we walked out of the room.

As we walked down the stairs I noticed Julian, Noah, Tanner, Camila, and Nick.

"Damn it just got hot in here." Noah said as Allie and I walked down the final few steps.

"Shut up Noah." Allie said walking with him to the bathroom to fix his hair. Camilla and Tanner both made their way to the kitchen.

As I made my way to Julian and Nick, Lexi came down the stairs. "Nick is she your date?" I asked. "Yeah she called me this morning and asked me to take her."

"Let's go Nick." Lexi said pulling him away from both Julian and I. "I'll see you there." He said.

"Wow you look great Morgan." "Thanks, we should talk." "Yeah we really should." He said leading me to the couch.

"So I know we didn't end on a good note Thursday night and I'm sorry for that. I wasn't thinking and I didn't think of Lex first." "It's okay, I was just kinda nervous that you didn't wanna go with me." I laughed.

"That necklace sure looks pretty on you." He said playing with it. "Thanks. So what happened last night?" I asked hesitantly.

"I broke things off. I felt like the chemistry that we had just kinda faded out. I also felt like I wasn't in the right place for a relationship. My main focus was supposed to be on soccer, but I let her get in the way of that."

"That's totally understandable. I didn't expect it to happen so soon though." "Well the regular season starts in a month so I just wanted to have a clean slate." "Smart."

"Well I have something for you." He said getting grabbing a box. It was a corsage with a pink rose. He grabbed my hand and helped me up.

"I hope you like it, I tried to get it the color of your dress." "How did you know what my dress looked like?" "I paid for the dress, it came up in my credit card statement so I was curious and looked it up." "Well I love it." I laughed as he put it around my wrist.

"Well here's yours." I said pulling out his corsage. It was the same color as the one he got me. I pinned it onto his jacket pocket.

After I pinned it he pulled me close. "I hope tonight is as great as you are." He said playing with one of the curls in my hair. "Cute." I laughed. "I'm serious you're all mine for the night." He said and then proceeded to kiss my cheek.

"Time to go." Noah screamed. "Noah Relax you don't have to be that loud." Allie said hitting him with her purse. "Well Morgan was louder." He said passing by.
————————————————————————
"Welcome to Gainesville high schools' 25th annual homecoming. For seniors, Happy last homecoming and for Freshman welcome to your first of four."

"Let's go find our seat." I screamed to Julian because the music was so loud. "Okay, we're table 38."

As we made our way to the table Khalid, his date, Allie, Noah, Miles, and his date were all already at the table.

"I can't believe this is our last ride." Allie said. "I know right, all we have left is legit school, prom and then graduation." "Good." She said pulling a flask out of her purse.

"Allie!" "What? It's just one last toast to homecoming." She said drinking it and passing it along to me.

"Give it to Julian, that's your way of transferring your saliva with his." "You are completely out of your mind, but fine."

"Here." I said passing it to him. "Damn I thought you were one of those good girls." "Oh yeah definitely, the good girl that used to let you put your dick in her." "Oh yeah." He said chugging the drink down.

"Oh yeah I forgot to mention, after party at my place tonight." "When did you set that up?" "When my dad said he would be out of town for the week. You should come over sometime over the week." "I will." I winked at him.

"I'm gonna go get something to drink, wanna anything ?" "I'll come with you." I said grabbing his hand.

"Are you having a good time so far?" He asked grabbing a cup of Sprite for the two of us. "Yeah I am." I said looking right into his eyes.

"So I was thinking about what I said earlier and even though I fuck things up between us all the time, I finally wanna make things right. I want things to be the way they were when I moved over here." "To be honest that's all I ever wanted." "Good." He said giving me a side hug.

"Well I'm gonna get my phone real quick and I'll be right back." "Okay."

"Morgan." I heard a voice say from behind me. "Zach?" I said and then he gave me a hug. "What are you doing here?" I asked nervously because Julian had no idea that he was here.

"I wanted to surprise you." "Thanks, but-" "Asher? What are you doing here?" Julian said getting all excited.

"I'm on break and decided to visit." "How did you get in here?" "I called the school and told them my girl went here and didn't get a ticket so they just let me in." "Smart, who did you get to pretend date you for the night?"

"I didn't pretend, Morgan is the girl." "What?"

"Attention everyone, it is time to announce our homecoming court winners. Homecoming princess and prince for the freshman class are Carrington Monahan and Tanner Ryan. For the Sophomores it's Camila Wilson and Justin Manning. For the Juniors it's Alexis Ryan and Jaden Lopez. And finally the moment you've all been waiting for, the homecoming king and queen are Morgan Ryan and Julian Manning."

"What the hell was Zach talking about?" Julian asked as we walked up on the stage. "We need to talk later."

"Now everyone, things are about to get slow so go get your date." the dj said.

"Let's dance." Zach said grabbing my hand.
————————————————————————
Julian's Pov
Did Zach really just show up and take my date? I was utterly confused and frustrated at the same time. Zach is my best friend from back home and Morgan is my best friend from here.

"Allie do you know what's going on?" I asked. "It's not my place to tell you." She said disappearing off with Noah.

Now I was sitting at the table all by myself. What the fuck did he mean when he called her "my girl." She was supposed to be my girl for the night or maybe my girl in general.

I felt a bad headache coming in which made me even more frustrated. I had this feeling that was making me go crazy. I hated seeing my girl with him.

As they continued to dance I started to think that everyone was right. I did like Morgan and that's why I couldn't stand being with Lexi. Morgan was there for me even when we got into arguments. I put her through a lot of shit, but she never gave up on me.

She's definitely hot, has a great personality, a great kisser, a great listener, really good at sex, and most of all my best friend.

As the song was ending I decided to look back up at them, but this time they weren't separated. They were together. Her body up against his and his lips on hers.

"Yo Julian, we about to get lit, let's go." Khalid said grabbing his phone. "Nah that's okay." "Are you serious dude? You're usually down for this." "Yeah, but I'm just not feeling it."

"Where's Morgan?" He asked winking at me. "Over there." I said without even looking up.

"Damn who is that?" "That's Zach, my best friend from Tampa." "Wow they're really going at it." "Yeah I could tell."

"How the fuck did he get here anyway?" "He got a ticket. Do you know if he's her boyfriend?" "No idea, she never mentioned him to me. Did you ask Allie?" "She said that it wasn't her place to tell me."

"So how are you feeling about all this?" He asked sitting across from me. "I feel numb. It just doesn't feel right at all."

"Dude I think you like her whether you know it or not?" "I know I do, I think I might even love her."

"You love her?" "Yeah and I have no idea what to do."

"Tell her how you feel." "I can't do that. She's clearly dating Zach and she told me that she was over me."

"That's bullshit and you know it." "What's bullshit?" Nick asked walking toward us.

"Julian Loves Morgan." "You love her?" "Wow not everyone needs to know." "Dude, weren't you dating Lexi less than 24 hours ago?" "Yeah, but there wasn't anything there. Morgan and I have  known each other for a little less than 4 months, but I feel like I know everything I need to know about her."

"She definitely opened up to you more than she's ever opened up to anyone." Khalid said. "Yeah he's right." Nick added.

As we were continuing to talk Allie came up to the table and took all of Morgan's belongings.

"Allie please tell me what's going on." "She asked me to move her stuff so she could sit with Zach." "Why couldn't she do it herself." "I don't know Julian, just let her be for tonight and then talk her to her when he leaves." She said with and attitude.

"Well I've lost Morgan and now I've lost Allie who knew everything." "Well I think you should talk to Morgan tonight. To be honest it seems like she did it to get you jealous." "Well it definitely worked."
————————————————————————
Morgan's pov
After winning homecoming queen unexpectedly, Zach pulled me in for a dance.

Apart of me felt happy to have a guy like Zach around, but another part made me feel bad. I came with Julian, his best friend.

"Congratulations." Zach said as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Thanks for being here." "Anything for you." He said.

"You look gorgeous." He said grabbing onto my hand, the same one that Julian was holding not even 10 minutes ago.

"Thanks, you look pretty good too." "Public school homecoming is way better than the ones at the private schools in Tampa. I literally saw a couple under the table doing who knows what." "Well that's public school for ya." I laughed.

"I'm gonna miss you at lot when I leave." "Me too, after all you did save me from getting raped." "And I would do it again in a heartbeat." "Thanks."

"Speaking of a heart, where's that necklace I gave you last night?" "It's at home, I just picked up this necklace first to wear." I said lying to him.

"Well this is probably our last night together for awhile since I have to hang out with Julian tomorrow, so I think I need to give you one last thing." He said and then he kissed me. It was slow and passionate which made me want more of him.

At this point all I could think about was just the two of us, Julian was no longer a concern

Or at least my concern.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.1K 2.1K 40
17 year olds are typically focused on college. And their SAT scores that they've been waiting for since forever ago. So are Jessica and Cora. More t...
445 90 20
A girl who fell for her new classmate who was supposed to be her biggest competitor... Will she get the same love back even after he became her siste...
68 10 5
This three week outdoor adventure experience couldn't have come at a better time for Wikitoria. Maia, has also decided this adventure is what she...
105K 1.1K 30
❝ What if we could just be together, but keep it between us? ❞ ⋆ ˚。⋆୨🌞୧⋆ ˚。⋆ Morgan Irvine and Hailey Graham are best friends. Ever since second gra...