My Happy Ending

By livelaughluv451

All Amber Walker wants is a happy life. She was always wanted to get a perfect boyfriend, have a perfect marr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue (Last Chapter )

Chapter 41

35.5K 549 53
By livelaughluv451

Noah’s POV

The bell rang for the last class of the day and I turned to Amber with a smile. She smiled shyly at me and started to load her books into her bag.

“Can I ask you a favor?” I asked as we walked through the hallways. She nodded.

I had been debating the whole day whether or not to ask this of her. At the beginning of the day I wasn’t going to ask her, but then after the closet scene, I figured it was worth it if we could spend more time together. Then Drew happened and changed my mind. Nothing was worth putting her safety at risk. After his class with Amber, Drew took off and I changed my mind yet again when Drake gave me a very friendly reminder that he would personally rip my balls off if I didn’t show up.

“Do you want to stay for to watch football practice?” I asked in one nervous breath.

Her reaction was exactly what I had feared. She exhaled a short breath of laughter and looked at me with disbelief in her eyes. I scratched the nape of my neck nervously.

“I mean, only if you want to. A lot of the players bring their girlfriends to watch them practice so I thought that you might want to also. Alice will be there so I’m sure you won’t get bored. And I could give you a ride home after,” I continued but stopped once I realized I was rambling on. 

This time she smiled and leant up to kiss my cheek. I wanted to turn my head sideways so her lips met my own but I forced my head to stay still.

“Of course I want to come. It’s just that you looked so nervous and I was sort of scared of what you were going to say,” She explained. I chuckled to cover up my own stupidity.

We separated once we got to the field; I went to the changing rooms and she headed for the bleachers. I pushed to door open and tried not to inhale through my nose. The locker rooms never had a pleasant smell.

“Good, you’re here. I was worried you weren’t going to show,” Drake said to me as we changed into uniform. Coach always made us practice in full uniform to get the “game feeling.”

“Of course I showed up. It wouldn’t be a practice if I wasn’t here. I’m the star of the show,” I laughed.

I was adjusting my shoulder pads when we heard a loud whistle from out on the field. We all lined up in formation, like we would do in a game, and charged out onto the field. I came first, with the linebacker and kicker behind me.

I glanced up at the bleachers just in time to see Amber throw back her head and laugh at something Alice said. Even from here, I could see the smile light up her face and her shoulders shake from laughing

I was still daydreaming when I knocked straight into Coach. I jumped back and took a few more steps for insurance.

“Keep your head in the game Flynn!” He barked. I nodded and continued doing the warm up laps around the perimeter or the field.

“Saw you staring at her,” Drew teased and jogged beside me. I quickened my pace to try and lose him but he adjusted to my new speed.

“And I saw you staring at Alice,” I guessed. I hadn’t actually seen him look their way but I’m pretty sure he at least glanced at her in the last five minutes.

He scoffed. “Yeah, right. I was talking to coach,” He said. “And I also saw you pull her into the janitor’s closet. Care to share what when on in there?” He asked.

“Nope. That’s between me and Amber,” I said. I automatically smiled as I replayed the memory in my head. Drake purposefully bumped my shoulder.

“Wow, a smile. That just makes me want to know what went on even more. Did you guys finally…?” He trailed off, knowing that I understood. I shook my head.

“Not yet. But at least I know she wants to. I was actually the one who said no this morning,” I told him. It had been one of the hardest things I’d ever done to refuse her offer. But she wouldn’t have wanted her first time to be someplace stupid like that.

“You what?! Why would you do that?” He asked and shook his head.

“Because I want her first time to be special,” I said. Drake glanced up at her.

“She’s a virgin?” He asked. I nodded. I hope Amber didn’t mind me telling him.

“She doesn’t look like a virgin,” He said.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I growled. Drake didn’t even glance at me, he kept staring at her. Despite him being my best friend, I felt like punching him just to take his eyes off her.

“I mean look at her! She’s way too hot to be a virgin,” He said. He continued once he saw my furious expression. “I don’t mean it like that! You know I have eyes only for Alice,” He said. He shot a flirtatious grin towards Alice at that very moment.

“That’s what I don’t understand. How can she be so beautiful and still have a just as beautiful personality? She’s unbelievably perfect,” I mumbled and stared at her. She looked my way and once she saw I was looking at her, she adverted her gaze and blushed.

“I think this is much needed.” Drake cleared his throat. “Amber and Noah-ah sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-NG! First comes-,” Drake bellowed out. I muffled his voice by covering his mouth with my hand.

“Dude!” I protested and risked a glance at Amber. Even from far away, I could tell her face was flushed with red. I uncovered Drake’s mouth and willed him to be quiet.

“What? I think that was necessary for the moment,” He said and turned to wave again at Amber.

“Ladies! Either haul your butts over to cheerleading practice or pick up the pace!” Coach hollered at us before I could say anything else.

Nearly an hour later, I was drenched with sweat and grateful practice was over. Coach seemed to be working me harder than usual – probably to make up for all the time I had missed to be with Amber. Coach signaled me over with a flick of his hand. I sighed. While everyone else headed to the changing rooms, I stalked up to talk with Coach.

“Flynn. I’ve noticed you haven’t been to practice lately. Care to explain why?” Coach grumbled. It was clear that he was only having this talk because he had to. Not to toot my own horn, but practice or not, I was still his star player. Sports came naturally to me.

“Sorry, Sir. I was having family troubles,” I said. That wasn’t a complete lie. Drew was giving me trouble. Coach shook his head. My lie was transparent.

“I’m sure it has nothing to do with that pretty girl you’ve been staring at for the past hour?” Coach asked sarcastically. I gave a sheepish grin.

“Sorry, Sir,” I apologized again. He looked amused as he waved me off.

I jogged in the locker room and exchanged my uniform for my usual attire. I was done in only a few minutes.

I walked up the bleachers towards Amber. Alice and Drake had disappeared, leaving Amber by herself. She didn’t look up until I was a foot away from her.

Once she saw me, she slammed shut whatever she was writing in and jammed it into her bag. But I had already seen the cover.

“A sketch pad? You can draw?” I asked her. I sat down next to her and pressed our legs together. She blushed and fixed her gaze at the ground.

“No, not really. It’s more of a habit,” She confessed, but I wouldn’t buy it.

“Can I see some of them?” This made her head shoot up and her rapidly shake her head.

“No! No way!” She said. I took her hand and tried to smile sweetly.

“Why not? I’m sure they’re amazing,” I told her. She shook her head again.

“Trust me, you wouldn’t want to see them. Some of them are a little harsh,” She admitted. Harsh? What was that supposed to mean?

“Please?” I asked again. She sighed.

“I don’t want to scare you away,” She said. Despite her refusing words, she unzipped her bag and brought out her sketch book.

“You won’t scare me away. You’re just going to have to put up with me, because now you’re stuck with me,” I said. She smiled slightly and held out the book.

I took it gingerly and flipped to the first page. The page looked worn out and I guessed it was drawn a long time ago. On it, I recognized the candy shop a little ways into town. There was so much detail and perfection, I would have thought that it was a photo, not someone’s drawings.

“This is amazing! When did you draw this?” I asked. I held it out for her to see and she shrugged.

“I don’t know. Maybe two years ago?” She tried. I did the math in my head.

“You drew this when you were only fifteen?” I asked in amazement. She was even better than I thought she was. She blushed and nodded.

“Yeah, sometime around then,” She said. If she was this good then, I couldn’t imagine how good she was now.

“Can I see some of the recent ones?” I asked.

“Sure,” She said. She took the book and nudged aside a huge wad of paper. Now it we were looking at an amazing sketch of her brother. It was in exact detail, maybe even better than a picture. The light seemed to blend and dance on his face and his eyes shone with happiness. She flicked through a couple more before stopping on a beautiful woman. She handed it to me.

She had long and light hair. Since the drawing was in black and white, I couldn’t tell what color her eyes were, but they seemed to be a very light shade. They were filled with happiness and love. As I looked closer, I recognized some of Amber’s features. They had the same small but measured nose and dimpled soft smile. I also guessed that her hair was like Tyler’s, same as the eyes.

“That’s my mother,” Amber said, proving my suspicious. I glanced up at her. She had never talked about her mother. By the way she talked now, I could tell something bad had happened.

“Where is she?” I asked. I figured the question was insensitive but it was better than the alternative. Is she dead?

Amber’s breath caught in her throat and her hand tightened around mine. Instinctively, I pulled her into a comforting hug and massaged her back soothingly.

“She left when I was four,” She said. At least she wasn’t dead. But it wasn’t hard to tell that Amber felt betrayed by this woman.

“I’m sorry.” I couldn’t think of anything else to say. She buried her face into my chest.

I flipped to the next page and my heart nearly stopped. I could tell this was one of the harsh drawings she’d warned me about. Tyler was limp of the floor of her kitchen. Blood and broken glass surrounded him. His expression was one of pure agony. Sadly, she had drawn every detail.

“Sorry you have to look at that,” She mumbled, obviously referring to the drawing. I shook my head and hugged her closer.

“It’s fine. But why do you draw things like this, Amber?” The question slipped out of my mouth involuntarily.

“Most of the time, I don’t mean to. My hand just takes a mind of its own and makes a picture,” She said. I sighed. She really did suffer more than she let on.

I flipped to the next page and saw a drawing of the football field. Dew sprinkled the grass and the sun was just beginning to set in the sky. It was beautiful.

I turned to the next page and what I saw almost made me drop the book. In front of me, was a detailed drawing of my face and part of my shoulders. It looked like it hadn’t been completed but it was still amazing.

“This is what you were drawing when I walked in?” I asked. My jaw brushed the side of her face and she blushed even harder.

“Yep,” She muttered uneasily. I chuckled and stroked her shoulder.

The field was now completely empty and it was getting late.

“You ready to leave?” I asked. She nodded and stood up.

“Yeah. Let’s go.”

We walked through the parking lot and towards my car in silence. We stayed that way until we sat down in the car. I looked over and smiled at her.

Her eyes flickered down to my lips and lingered there. I caught on to her unspoken request and kissed her.

She climbed onto my lap and straddled me. My eyes flickered shut as she traced the outline of my abdomen. I could my feel myself getting a fun hard on, so I shifted so she wouldn’t feel it.

I slipped my hands under the back of her shirt and massaged her lower back. She moaned into my mouth and lightly scratched my back. She pulled back for a breath and I didn’t waste any time before placing kisses all the way from her forehead to the tip of her jaw. She moaned and connected our lips once again.

When I felt her tracing the waist line of my jeans, I had to pull back. I felt her eyes watching me as I leaned my head back and took a deep breath. I tried to calm myself down but it was hard to focus on anything while she was this close to me.  I promised that we would wait for a good time but my body wasn’t on board with that idea.

“Noah?” She whispered after a few minutes. I peeked an eye open and studied her confused face.

“Why do you keep doing that?”

“Doing what?”

She gestured to my entire body.

“That. Every time we kiss you always pull back and act like you’re in deep meditation,” She said. She frowned.

I chuckled and kissed her forehead.

“I do that because you have no idea how amazing you are,” I told her honestly. She looked a little confused but blushed and dropped her head.

She didn’t say anything else so I started the car and drove us to her house.

Amber’s POV

“You’re kidding!” Mia erupted into a fit of laughter along with Noah and me. Tyler, however, crossed his arms and tried to hide his blushing face.

Dinner hadn’t been as bad as I expected. Mia seemed pretty laid back and she loved to laugh. I admit, my first impression wasn’t the kindest, but she definitely proved me wrong. I almost saw why Tyler was so convinced she was the one.

“I wish I was! One time when he was a senior, a spider was in my room so I called him. He literally ran out of the house screaming. I had to talk him out of calling animal control!” I giggled.

Mia glanced at Tyler. “Now I know exactly how to get you to loan me your credit card.” An evil grin spread onto her face. I laughed.

“Hey! I swear that spider was poisonous!” Tyler defended himself. I shook my head.

“Even I knew it was just a house spider,” I said. He mock glared at me and I smiled sweetly.

“So,” I turned to Mia, “if he’s ever a jerk, he cried when I took him to the circus. That’ll give you a good idea for your honeymoon.”

“Thanks for sharing that, sis,” Tyler said sarcastically. I put on a faux innocent face.

“My pleasure,” I said.

“Keep in mind that I will do the exact same to your first boyfriend,” He said. He smiled devilishly.

My eyes automatically flickered to Noah briefly. We exchanged a look then put on fake smiles for Tyler, who had –luckily- not caught our exchange.

I felt guilty for not telling him, but he had always been over protective about boys. If we told him about us, he would probably scare Noah away somehow and I don’t know what I would do if that happened.

My phone rang just then, saving me. My triple tone ringtone outshone all the voices and stood out.

“Excuse me,” I said, standing up. I glanced at the screen. It was an unknown number.

“Hello?” I answered the phone and wandered into the living room.

A deep, rough voice answered me. A voice that belonged to the man that had made my childhood a living hell.

“Hello, Amber,” My father greeted me.

I gave produced a cliffhanger >:D

Just wanted to say again:

I CAN’T BEILEVE YOU GUYS GAVE ME 120 FREAKING VOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you guys so much :D Anyways….

Votes: 70

Next upload: Friday

If you are the 70th voter, let me know and you will get a chapter dedicated to you.

Also, if you have a story that you want me to read/give you feedback, feel free to let me know :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 95.6K 39
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
388K 9.4K 30
Rebecca Thomas is new in town. She is cute, sweet and shy and hates being the center of attention. Everything seems fine before she starts her new sc...
201K 25.6K 82
Centuries after an asteroid smashes into a star ship, the inhabitants must learn to survive space without technology or perish. Join princess Airome...
118K 2.5K 29
Viktoria C. Claravall is an ideal girl that every boy wants.she is smart,gorgeous,fit,rich and sporty.. she is also a model in victoria secret. her u...