Online friends

By rocknroler

Humanstuck! Karkat and sollux are long distance friends, or maybe a little more. Sollux ♥ Karkat Karkat ♦ Gam... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 1

216 4 0
By rocknroler

AN: This was written for http://eridrunk.tumblr.com/ after recieving her prompt in my askbox.

Cover photo: http://karkatsartmuseum.tumblr.com/post/61787608185/i-only-moved-here-to-see-a-dumb-lispy-tech

You connect onto Steam after what seemed to be a never ending day of plain old boring; Gamzee was sick and didn’t show up at school, you never understood how this juggalo even managed to get through college at the same time as you seeing how many time he misses school, but he did and this was your last year together. You were sure going to miss your best friend when it’s all over, luckily for you, you still had a couple of months to go before summer ‘vacation’, you would probably still have to work all summer long anyway, so no need to even pretend it’s going to be vacation.

As usual, you see your friends list being almost empty, only a few names popping out from the massive off line list. And suddenly, your day is not as shitty as it was a moment ago; you’re friend, or whatever you like to call him is online and he wastes no time into contacting you.

TA: hey kk!

CG: HEY SOLLUX, MISSED ME?

TA: fuck yeah ii diid. Ii couldn’t talk two you la2t niight, remember?

CG: YEAH. BLAME IT ON THE STUPID TIME DIFFERENCE. HOW ARE YOU?

TA: ii’m alriight. kiind of gettiing tiierd though…

CG: YEAH NO SHIT, HERE IT’S ONLY 4PM, WHAT TIME IS IT THERE, LIKE 5AM?

Of course it’s too late to be playing any game with him during the week, but you still love to talk to him.

TA: oh plea2e, iit’s only midnight…

CG: YEAH AND YOU SHOULD BE GETTING TO BED SOON YOU ASSWIPE OR YOU’LL FAIL YOUR CLASSES.

TA: nah, my braiin ii2 ju2t thii2 awe2ome.

CG: YEAH RIGHT, WHATEVER.

TA: ii gue22 ii 2hould bee goiing two bed 2oon though. miind talkiing two me whiile ii fall a2leep?

CG: HAHA! SOLLUX! NOW THAT’S JUST FUCKING CREEPY!

TA: 2hut up! ii ju2t want two talk two you for a biit, ii mii22 you when you’re at 2chool.

- CG wants to start a video conversation with TA –

- TA accepted the video conversation with CG –

“Hey kk…” Tired eyes seemed to look straight at you through the screen and you can only smile at your distant friend/lover/crush. He carries his laptop over to his bed and ley down under the blanket, only his bare shoulder pocking out.

“Hey…” You say back once he’s settled. “So you were just waiting for me to get on?” you asked a little teasingly.

“I wathn’t!” He quickly says.

“Bullshit, you don’t play games on your laptop you lying asshole…” You say chuckling a little, even though you think it is kind of sweet to think he was waiting for you to get on.

“Alright, ok yeth, I might have been waiting for you.” And fuck if his accent is not the cutest sometimes along with his lisp. And to this you can only smile some more, trying to ignore the fact that you are both so damn far away from each other.

“I was hoping I’d talk to you tonight too actually…” You simply said, suddenly not feeling like playing games, or watch TV, or do anything else than spend a little time with this Asian you call your friend (or probably a little more than that).

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Week end as finally come and you were free from school at last for the next two days. You know what you’ll be doing, you’ll probably be spending a good amount of time on your PC, gaming with your favorite gaming buddy, also known as Sollux Captor. You wake up early on Saturday, knowing it’s not so early on his side of the globe, but you don’t mind, 9 o’clock is not too early and you don’t need so many sleeping hours. Or at the very least you pretend you don’t.

CG: SOLLUX, I’M UP AND I WANT TO BE KICKING SOME FUCKING ASS! WANT TO JOIN ME?

No answer. You wait for a bit, maybe he was getting himself something to eat, as skinny as he is, you know he is eating enough to stay healty.

CG: COME ON SOLLUX! DON’T LEAVE ME HANGING LIKE THIS!

You finally decide to say. No answer. You wait a little again; maybe he’s in the bathroom doing you’d rather not think what.

CG: FUCK SOLLUX! YOU’RE AN ASS!

You finally provoke, hoping it would get you one of his mood flipping answer. None was received. Fuck! You huffed and push your chair backwards deciding to go and get yourself breakfast, and suddenly, 9 o’clock does seems kind of early for a Saturday morning. You get over to the couch with a bowl of cereal and turn on the TV, switching through the channels.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Two hours later you’re woken up by your brother walking in the living room. When did you fall asleep? It doesn’t matter, what does matter though is that you have been missing on some precious gaming hours with your friend from the other side of the fucking planet.

You slowly get up and walk to the kitchen to put you bowl away, silently greeting your brother, not sure you want to get into an actual conversation with him just yet. You walk back to your room and sit down at your desk, hoping your friend is on this time.

TA: hey kk, sorry ii wa2n’t around.

TA: ii gue22 you left…

TA: iit’2 fiine, ii’ll be on the re2t of the day anyway.

Those were sent an hour ago and you hope to god your friend is still on.

CG: HEY, SORRY I FELL ASLEEP WAITING ON YOUR FUCKING ASS.

CG: WHAT THE HELL TOOK YOU SO LONG?

TA: oh! welcome back kk! :)

TA: ii wa2 only out for a biit two get 2omethiing.

TA: ii hope you’re not bu2y on the thiird week of july?

CG: THAT’S KIND OF FAR OFF, WHY DO YOU ASK?

TA: ii got a plane tiicket for Dubliin and ii thought you wouldn’t miind 2howing me around…

CG: …

CG: YOU MUST BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!

CG: IF IT’S A FUCKING JOKE CAPTOR, IT’S NOT FUNNY!

You couldn’t believe what he just said, if it was a joke it sure was a cruel one seeing the fact that he knew how you felt for him for over six months.

TA: calm down kk. iit’2 not a joke!

TA: you want two 2ee me or not?

CG: OF FUCKING CORSE I WANT TO SEE YOU YOU FUCKING DOUCHBAG!

TA: than don’t plan anythiing, ii’ll be 2taying two week2. :)

CG: HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MANAGE TO GET THIS MONEY!!

TA: ii worked at the 2chool’2 liibrary after 2chool for the pa2t few month2…

CG: WHERE WILL YOU STAY?

TA: ii wa2 hopiing ii could 2tay at you2?

CG: I’LL HAVE TO SEE IF IT’S A PROBLEM WITH KANKRI FIRST YOU RAKE FACE!

CG: DON’T JUST GO AND ASSUME IT’S FINE TO INVITE YOURSELF OVER YOU MORRON!

TA: well ii diidn’t thiink iit would bee a problem…

CG: DON’T WORRY; I’LL MANAGE TO MAKE SURE IT’S NOT A PROBLEME.

TA: thank2 kk. ii really can’t waiit two see you!

CG: ME TOO SOLLUX! I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU ARE REALLY COMING OVER…

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

The rest of your school year went off really slow. But it was finally over, final year sealing itself with the yearly graduated prom. And you? You didn’t go. Gamzee wanted you to go, but you would have felt like the third wheel again, hanging out by yourself since you damn juggalo clown scored himself a shy little date for the night. You were happy for him, but you didn’t feel like being reminded every two minutes of how much people in this school didn’t give a flying fuck about you. So you stayed home, talking and playing League of Legend with the only other human being you would have asked to go to the prom with, it only he was not so fucking far away that is. It’s cool though, you’re happy to be home and have fun instead of pretending to with a bunch of morons who don’t even remember you last name.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Finally! It’s the Day, you’ve been waiting for this day for so long an there you are, waiting at the airport for the flight from Shanghai to arrive. You’ve never been so nervous and excited at the same time in your entire life! You had to ask your brother to land you his car though, there was NO way you were taking him with you to go get your boyfriend, you guys did agree on that a few nights before, leaving you a blushing and stuttering mess while you talked it out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

You’ve been waiting for a good 20 minutes, looking at the boarding schedules over and over, making sure that Sollux’s flight was not late or something and FINALLY! It was here. You almost ran up to the door where the passengers were coming out and waited impatiently for the familiar Asian to walk out.

There he was tall and handsome, just like you thought he was, you’d seen him on web cam, but he looked so much better live. You start to walk toward him, his eyes scanning the crowd just above your head and that annoy you so fucking much to remember that you’re so small (5’7” isn’t so bad, but still shorter than most guys).

“Sollux!” You call out once you feel your close enough to not disturb the whole airport with your loud voice. He turns to you and let his luggage down before running the few steps separating you. He wraps his arms around you and pulls you off the floor.

“god kk!” He says happily against your shoulder as he loose his balance a bit and is forced to put you back down to keep from falling.

You look up and him and smile a little, not sure what to say or what to do, you probably look stupid, so you walk behind him and get a hold of his forgotten luggage blocking the way of a few people trying to get out. You roll it back to him and insist on holding it for him. “So… how was your flight?” You ask, not sure you can look him in the eyes just yet.

“It wath long… I never thought I would get bored with my laptop…” He said laughing a little as he followed you, daring to slip his hand into your free one as you lead him out toward the parking lot. You felt your face heat up almost to the point where your blood would be boiling under your skin, but didn’t say anything about it, letting your hand grip tight to his.

“Well I hope you don’t mind, we still have a 30 minutes ride to my place…” You tell him looking around to make sure not to walk into any hurrying business men or anything like that, the only pretext you found not to stare or anything like that.

“Ath long ath I can thleep once we get to your place, it’s good with me…” He said and you just melted at the thought of him sleeping in your bed.

You assure him he can sleep as much as he likes and let go of his hand to unlock his door and dump the suitcase into the trunk. Before you start the engine, he leans over you and kiss your cheek, and this is when you stopped understanding your brain. You drove to your place automatically, not taking your eyes off the road for one dear second. You both make it to your place in a little less than 30 minutes, you have a really heavy foot when it comes to driving, but you do your best to not go too much above the limits not to scare your boyfriend or anything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

“…And this is my room.” You finish the quick tour of your house, introducing Sollux to your brother on the way, feeling happy when Kankri doesn’t run his mouth for hours.

“You have a nithe house kk!” he said with a smile as he set his luggage down next to the door. “You should see how small my apartment is… You’re lucky your country is not overpopulated like mine…” He finished.

“Yeah, I don’t think I would enjoy it all that much, I don’t like people too much as you might know already.”

“I know, took you long enough to jutht let me talk to you over the camera…” He said chuckling a little before ruffling your hair.

“… You want to go take a shower and sleep a little?” You ask him knowing it must be hard to change your sleeping schedule.

“I wouldn’t complain about a warm shower…” He simply said as he knelt down and took out a bottle of soap and pulled out a small carboard box as well. “Here I forgot to give you those…” He said handing the box to you.

You look at him with a question mark drawn onto your face and he chuckles a little. “Open it, it won’t bite.” He said and you open it, to see a dozen of small sweet looking pastries, dumplings and cookies. “Kuih” He simply said and your only guess is that it’s what Chinese people call these.

You smile at him and close the box again setting them on you bedside table for later. “Thanks a lot sollux.” It’s not much, but to know that he thought about you when he bought those is enough to make you smile like a fucking idiot.

You walk him to the bathroom and show him how everything works and leave him be. “I’ll be in my room when you’re done…” you tell him before walking back

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Looking at him sleep on your bed makes you feel a little tired, but fuck it, you’re too nervous to just go and lie down next to him, so you try to keep you mind busy. You already had a couple of those sweets and now that your gaming buddy was actually in your room, you don’t know what to do anymore. That is until your said gaming buddy opens his eyes and notice how late it is already. “kk…?” He calls out and you see him stretching his arms toward you. “Come thleep?” He simply asks and you give up and crawl over to him, already in your pajama. He shifts a little to give you enough room to sleep against him, not bothering with the blankets since it was already kind of warm in the room, and sharing his body warmth would only get you all sweaty.

He’s so warm and comfy aside from his hip bone poking in your stomach, and you think as he holds you tight that you could get used to this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

924 8 31
Homestuck (humanstuck) fanfiction FINALLY COMPLETED ~~~ Two year old Nepeta just lost her father, she has no mother and nowhere to go. Enter Karkat...
16.3K 591 16
Humanstuck! Reader x Karkat Vantas It's July 1 and you and your friend nepeta have waited for what seems like forever to be back at summer camp. You...
4.4K 300 26
Sollux was by the ocean, sitting on the dock one day. He doesn't really have the greatest life on land, he was fired from his job, he needed money to...