Velvet's Return: The Last Air...

נכתב על ידי BlackRockShooterstar

Just as the title says: Velvet returns after a thousand years to find whoever sealed her away. The Tales of B... עוד

The Boy In The Iceberg And The Gold Eyed Woman
The Avatar's Return & Velvet's secret
The Southern Air Temple
The Warriors of Kyoshi
The King of Omashu
Imprisoned
The Spirit World: Winter Solstice Part 1
Avatar Roku: Winter Solstice Part 2
The Waterbending Scroll
Jet
The Great Divide
The Storm
The Blue Spirit and The Shepherd
Bato of the Water Tribe
The Deserter

The Fortuneteller

238 3 1
נכתב על ידי BlackRockShooterstar

The gang are at a lakeshore camping and just then a large green fish jumps out of the lake and back into the water.

"Look!" Katara said pointing at the green fish.

Sokka gets up and sees the large green fish which looks like a catfish jumping out of the lake again and back into the lake making Sokka annoyed.

"He is SO taunting us! You're gonna be dinner!" Sokka said as he grabs a fishing pole and starts casting it a few times but nothing happens. "Hey! Where's the fishing line?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't think you'd need it." Velvet said as she's holding up a necklace.

"Aww, it's all tangled!" Sokka said.

"Not tangled, stupid. It's woven." Velvet said as she stands up. "Here, Katara. Since none of us found your mother's necklace, I figured I'd make one for you." Velvet said handing Katara the necklace.

"Thanks, Velvet. It's great." Katara said.

"Yeah. Great, Velvet. Maybe instead of searching for this 'person' and help Aang save the world, you could go into a jewelry making business." Sokka said sarcastically.

"I don't see why she can't do both." Aang said.

Sokka then sees the green fish jumping out of the water again and Sokka throws his pole but it misses and the fish goes back into the water making Sokka frustrated.

"Stop taunting me!" Sokka said as he takes out a knife and enters the water and lunges into the water with his knife trying to catch the fish.

"When it comes to fish, he'll do anything stupid to get one." Sorey said.

"So how do I look?" Katara asked and Velvet and Aang turn to Katara.

"You look complete." Velvet said smiling. "What do you think, Aang? Aang? Hello, Earth to Aang. Anyone home?" Velvet asked trying to get Aang's attention.

Aang is staring dumbfounded at Katara who is now wearing the necklace Velvet made for her and Katara has some embarrassment on her face and Aang pulls his collar as he's still staring at Katara.

"AANG!" Velvet yelled getting the Airbender's attention.

"Huh? What?" Aang asked.

"What do you think of Katara's new necklace?" Velvet asked.

"Oh, you mean all of her or just her neck? I mean, they both look great." Aang said and Sokka rises out of the lake and is holding the fish.

"Smoochy, smoochy. Someone's in love." Sokka said as he's making kissing impressions at the fish who flips in his hands and knocks Sokka back into the water.

"Uh, well..." Aang stops talking in embarrassment as he rubs his head.

"Stop teasing him, Sokka." Rose said annoyed at Sokka.

"Yeah. Aang's just a good friend. A sweet little guy just like Momo." Katara said rubbing Momo.

"Thanks." Aang said softly.

Sokka comes to the gang soaking wet with an obvious sour look on his face.

"So should we..." Laphicet was cut off by a loud noise.

"What was that?" Mikleo asked as Aang Airbends himself onto a large rock nearby.

Aang looks around to see where the noise is coming from and he points at the source.

"Someone is being attacked by a platypus-bear!" Aang said.

"Did he just say platypus-bear?" Sorey asked.

"Yep." Velvet said.

A platypus-bear is standing in front of a man in a blue outfit who's smiling and the platypus-bear swings its claws at the man but he steps backwards and the platypus-bear attacks again and while this is happening Aang is on a rock behind the platypus-bear and the man sees him.

"Well, hello there. Nice day isn't it?" The man asked as he dodges another attack from the platypus-bear.

"Make noise! It'll run off!" Aang said.

"No, play dead! It'll lose interest!" Sokka said.

The platypus-bear swings its attack at the man but he dodges again.

"Whoa! Close one." The man said.

"Run downhill then climb a tree!" Rose said.

"No punch him in the bill!" Sokka said.

"Then run in zigzags!" Aang said.

"There's no need. It's going to be fine." The mans said as the platypus-bear swings again but the man dodges making it swipe at a large chunk of wood.

Aang then jumps off the rock and lands between the man and the platypus-bear and then bends an air wall pushing the platypus-bear backwards.

"Whoa there!" Aang said and the platypus-bear roars at the Airbender but Appa roars behind it making the platypus-bear drop an egg, runs into the river and swims away.

"Hey look! An egg!" Sokka said and runs up to the egg. "Mmm! Lunch! Lucky for you, we came along."

"Thank you, but everything was under control. There's no need to worry. Aunt Wu predicted I'd have a safe journey." The man said.

"Aunt who?" Sorey asked.

"No. Aunt WU. She's the fortuneteller from my village. Awful nice knowing your future." The man said.

"It must be." Katara said.

"That might explains why you were calm when that platypus-bear attacked you." Velvet said.

"But the fortuneteller was wrong!" Sokka said. "You didn't have a safe journey, you were almost killed!"

"But I wasn't. Okay, have a good one." The man said as he walks away but stops. "Oh, and Aunt Wu told me if I met any travelers to give them this." The man said giving Velvet a long wrapped item and then walks away.

"Maybe we should go see this Aunt Wu and learn our fortunes. It'll be fun." Katara said.

"Oh, come on. Fortunetelling is nonsense." Sokka said while Velvet opens the wrapped object..

"Would you look at that. An umbrella." Velvet said as she opens it and the sky gets dark and rain starts to pour down.

"That proves it." Laphicet said as he, Aang, Sorey and Rose get into the umbrella.

"No it doesn't. You can't really tell the future." Sokka said as he's raising the egg over his head.

"Then I guess you're not really getting wet then." Katara said as the egg slips from Sokka's hands and he tries to grab it but the egg lands back on his head.

"So much for your lunch." Velvet said.

The gang are walking down a road as the rain is still pouring down and Aang, Velvet, Katara, Laphicet, Sorey and Rose are still under the umbrella while Sokka is getting wet.

"Of course she's predict it was gonna rain. The sky's been grey all day." Sokka said.

"Just admit that you might be wrong and you can come under the umbrella." Katara said.

"Look, I'm gonna predict the future now. 'It's going to keep drizzling.'" Sokka said and he crosses his arms making a smug look. "See?" The rain stops and the sun comes out.

"Not everyone has a gift, Sokka." Aang said and they keep moving.

Appa follows but as he passes Sokka, the bison shakes off his wet fur Sokka is getting wet. Later on, the gang walk through a main gate of a village and enter the village square while they are looking around the village they see a building with a man dressed in black which is a herald standing at the door.

"Aunt Wu is expecting you." The herald said.

"Really?" Katara asked while Sokka make disgusted sound.

The gang enter the building and the herald closes the door behind them and as they are looking at the inside a girl with two braided pigtails and wearing a pink kimono enters the entryway.

"Hello. My name is Meng. I'm Aunt Wu's assistant." Meng said but then she sees Aang who doesn't have an enthusiastic expression and is hunched over and her eyes go wide and stares at him. "Well, hello there."

"Hello." Aang said as he's rubbing his nose.

"Can I get you some tea or some of Aunt Wu's special bean curd puffs?" Meng offered as the gang sit in pillows on the ground.

"I'll have a bean curd puff." Sokka said but Meng ignores him.

"Just a second." Meng said as she bends down to Aang. "So what's your name?"

"Aang." Aang answered.

"That rhymes with Meng and you've got some pretty big ears, don't you?" Meng asked.

"I guess?" Aang said.

"Don't be modest. Their huge." Sokka said spreading his arms wide to show how big Aang's ears are.

"Says the giant-eared cretin himself." Velvet said making Sorey and Laphicet chuckle while Katara and Rose giggle and Sokka crosses his arms.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Aang. Very nice." Meng said.

"Likewise." Aang said and Meng leaves.

"I can't believe we're here in the house of nonsense." Sokka said.

"Try to keep an open mind, Sokka. There are things in the world that just can't be explained." Katara said.

"Or in Gleenwood." Rose said shivering.

"Yeah. Wouldn't it be nice to have some insight into your future?" Katara asked.

"It would be nice to have some bean curd puffs." Sokka said.

Meng then returns while holding a tray of snacks and an inner door opens behind Meng showing a woman in a green kimono and the woman rushes to Meng.

"Oh, Meng! Aunt Wu says I'm going to meet my true love! He's going to give me a rare panda lily." The woman said.

"That's so romantic. I wonder if MY true love will give me a rare flower." Meng said looking at Aang dreamily.

"Good luck with that." Aang said.

"Is that the big-eared boy whom Aunt Wu predicted you'd marry?" The woman asked amused but Meng walks away.

Meng walks over to the gang but her eyes are fixed on Aang and this causes her t trip and she almost dumps the snacks on Aang but he helps her steady her grip on the tray and now their hands are holding the tray together and the two stare at each other.

"Enjoy your snack." Meng said embarrassed as she walks off.

"What was that all about?" Sorey asked.

"I don't know." Laphicet said and then an older woman wearing a yellow kimono enters the entry room.

"Welcome, young travelers. I am Aunt Wu. Who's next for their fortune? Don't be shy." Aunt Wu said and Aang, Velvet, Laphicet, Sorey, Rose and Sokka all look uninterested.

"I guess me." Katara said, getting up and follows Aunt Wu.

After they left Sokka start eating the bean curd puffs and Laphicet tries one as well.

"Not bad. Not bad." Sokka said.

"These are good." Laphicet said and he offers two of them to Sorey and Aang.

"I'm good on puffs." Sorey said.

"Yeah. Me too." Aang said. "So what do you think they're talking about back there?"

"Probably stupid and boring stuff. You know, love, who they're gonna marry, how many babies they're gonna have. Dumb stuff." Sokka said.

"Yeah...dumb stuff like that." Aang said.

"Aang, are you okay?" Velvet asked.

"I'm fine. I just gotta find a bathroom." Aang said getting up.

"Something must be wrong with him." Rose said.

"They're weird." Sokka said as he eats another curd puff.

"Or maybe...no. That can't be possible." Velvet said.

Aang walk down the hallway near the inner door and when he arrives there, Aang press his ear against the door.

Inside a room with four red pillars rising to the roof with a square area in the middle of the room and in the center of the square is a small fire and four pillows are on the square ground. Aunt Wu and Katara are sitting on the pillows in the square area and Aunt Wu feels Katara's palms.

"Your palms are so smooth. Do you use moisturizer?" Aunt Wu asked.

"Actually, I have this special seaweed lotion. I can get you some if you want." Katara said and outside the room Aang stick his tongue out in disgust. "So do you see anything interesting in my love line?" Katara asked and Aang presses his ear again against the door.

"I feel great romance for you. The man you're going to marry..." Aunt Wu began.

"Tell me more!" Katara said.

"I can see he is a very powerful bender." Aunt Wu said and back outside the room Aang grins widely.

Back at the entry room Sokka, Velvet, Sorey, Laphicet and Rose are waiting in the entry room and Sokka sees Aang returning to the entry room looking very happy.

"Looks like you had a very good bathroom break." Sokka said.

"Yeah and while I was in there..." Aang was cut off by Rose.

"We don't wish to know." Rose said thinking what he was gonna say about bathroom stuff.

Aunt Wu and Katara exit the room and return to the entry room.

"Who's next?" Aunt Wu asked.

"Okay, let's get this over with." Sokka said.

"Your future is full of struggle and anguish. Most of it self-inflicted." Aunt Wu said.

"But you didn't even read my palm or anything." Sokka said.

"I don't need to read your palms. It's written all over your faces. You also needed to hear what I had to say about you." Aunt Wu said making Sokka grumble as he sits down. "You, come with me." Aang gets up and follows her.

Aunt Wu and Aang are in the room Katara was in and they sit down on the floor pillows.

"This is the most reliable method of telling your fortune. The bones never lie." Aunt Wu said. "Pick a bone." Aang pick a bone from the urn. "Throw it into the fire." Aang throws his bone into the fire and huge cracks appear on the bone.

"Wow, that's a big crack." Aang said and the bone cracks again almost disintegrated.

"I've never seen this before." Aunt Wu said. "Oh, my." The fire grows huge. "This is incredible! You will be involved in a great battle, an awesome conflict between the forces of good and evil, a battle whose outcome will determine the fate of the whole world!"

"Yeah, yeah. I know this already. Does my fortune say anything about a girl?" Aang asked.

"A girl? You want to know about love?" Aunt Wu asked.

"Yes." Aang said.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't see anything about that." Aunt Wu said making Aang downcast. "Oh, look! I must have missed something." She picks up a sliver of bone. "It's right here. It says 'trust in your heart and you will be with the girl you love'."

"Really? Thank you Aunt Wu!" Aang said, he gets up and clasps his hands in a gesture of thanks before run out while Aunt Wu shakes her head before following him.

Everyone was prepared to go when Aunt Wu arrives.

"Young woman, will you like some fortune?" Aunt Wu said gesturing to Velvet.

"We will wait for you outside." Aang said as the others goes out.

Inside the fortune room, Velvet did the same as Aang by throwing a bone in the fire. Instead of the flames only growing bigger, a black and red butterfly emerged from the flames and flew around before landing on Velvet's ring.

"This is very extraordinaire. I see someone from your tragic past will hunt you and try getting revenge on what happened. I also see someone with a similar past and is going to remind you of someone very close to you, he will help you recover your light in the darkest moment. The butterfly was created by the emotions of your past and will lead you whenever you're lost." Aunt Wu said as the butterfly flew away and Velvet didn't pay to much attention.

"I'm not really interested in fortunetelling but I put it outside because of the butterfly." Velvet said, standing up. "You were going to tell about me fighting the Fire Lord together with Aang and Sorey, right?" Aunt Wu shocked her head.

"No I'm afraid, the person who will hunt you is going to be your final battle together with the Shepherd. That is all I could see but you should be on your guard." Aunt Wu said before Velvet left.

The gang exit the building and they walk down the village square.

"Well, now you guys got to see for yourselves that fortunetelling is a big and stupid hoax." Sokka said.

"You're just mad because you are gonna make yourself unhappy your whole lives." Katara said.

"That woman is crazy! My life will be calm, happy, and joyful!" Sokka said as he gets more angry and kicks a rock off the ground which bounces off a nearby sign and it hits him on the head.

"What about that?" Laphicet asked.

"That doesn't prove anything!" Sokka said.

"Well, I like my predictions." Katara said. "Certain things are going to turn out very well."

"They sure are." Aang said.

"Why? What's she tell you guys?" Katara asked.

"I don't really want to tell you." Velvet said.

"What about you, Aang?" Katara asked.

"Just some stuff." Aang said.

Just then the gang see a large crowd gathering at the center of the village square and the gang approach the crowd and as they enter the crowd they look up at the sky in silence.

"What's with the sky?" Rose asked.

"We are waiting for Aunt Wu to come and read the clouds to predict the fate of the whole village." The calm man the gang met before said.

"That cloud looks like a fluffy bunny." Laphicet said.

"You'd better hope that's not a bunny. The bunny cloud forecasts doom and destruction." The calm man said.

"Oh, brother." Sokka said face palming. "Do you even hear yourself?"

"The cloud reading will tell us if Mount Makapu will remain dormant for another year or if it will erupt." A woman said.

"We used to have a tradition once a year of going up the mountain to check on the volcano ourselves, but ever since Aunt Wu moved to our village twenty years ago, we have a tradition of not doing it." The calm man said.

"I can't believe you would trust your lives to that crazy old woman's superstition!" Sokka said.

"Be quiet. She's coming." Katara said.

The crowd sees Aunt Wu and her herald arriving and Aunt Wu is climbing a large staircase allowing her to get on a little stage and the gang are still among the crowd and Meng is standing next to Aang.

"Hey, Aang, doesn't that cloud look like a flower?" Meng asked.

"Uh, sure I guess." Aang said he quickly gets to Katara. "Hey, Katara, doesn't that cloud look like a flower?" Aang asked but Katara shushes him.

Aunt Wu bows to the crowd and she opens a book she's carrying.

"Bending arrow cloud. Good crops this year and nice big harvest." Aunt Wu said.

"Good news!" An old man said as he hugs an old woman possibly his wife.

"Wavy moon shape cloud. It's going to be a great year for twins." Aunt Wu said.

"Yes!" Two twins in green said at the same time and give each other a high five.

"And cumulus cloud with a twisted nob coming off the end of it. The village will not be destroyed by the volcano this year and someone who is both a mage and a bender shall make sure of it!" Aunt Wu said and the crowd cheers wildly and while the crowd is cheering Aang approaches Katara.

"Uh, since we're here, there's something I want to tell you. I like you, but not normal." Aang said but Katara doesn't pay attention to Aang and she joins the crowd leaving Aang alone making him crushed. "Never mind." Velvet saw the butterfly again flying in the sky, Sorey, Mikleo and Laphicet noticed it and wonders where that butterfly came from and why Velvet looks so interested in it.

Meanwhile Katara is at the front of Aunt Wu's house and she knocks on the door and Aunt Wu opens it.

"Hi, Aunt Wu. I'm sorry to bother you." Katara said.

"Anytime." Aunt Wu said.

"About this powerful bender I'm supposed to marry, is he gonna be handsome? I hope he's tall." Katara said.

"Ah, you want another reading?" Aunt Wu asked.

"Yes please!" Katara answered and Aunt Wu allows Katara in the building.

Meanwhile Aang, Sokka, Velvet, Sorey, Rose and Laphicet walk around the village square and obviously Sokka is in a bad mood.

"I can't believe these saps. Someone really needs to scream some sense into them." Sokka said.

"They seem happy." Rose said.

"Not for long. I'm gonna prove once and for all that Wu's predictions are a total sham." Sokka said.

"Don't pay too much attention to Sokka's stubbornness." Velvet said as she leaves.

Sokka finds a man wearing red shoes and Sokka runs up to him.

"Hey, you! I bet Aunt Wu told you to wear these red shoes, didn't she?" Sokka asked.

"Yes. She said I'd be wearing red shoes when I met my true love." The man said.

"Uh-huh and how many times have you worn these shoes since you got that fortune?" Sokka asked.

"Everyday." The man answered and Sokka gets severely ticked off.

"THEN OF COURSE IT'S GONNA COME TRUE!" Sokka shouted.

"Really? You think so? I'm so excited!" The man said.

"IDIOTS!" Sokka shouted as he kicks a rock and it hits a duck making it fly at Sokka's shoulders and it starts annoying him making Sokka run off while the duck goes after him.

Meanwhile at the reading room of Aunt Wu's building Aunt Wu tells Katara her fortune.

"...and then you'll have your third great grandchild before quietly passing away in your sleep. Is that enough information for you?" Aunt Wu asked.

"Thanks, Aunt Wu." Katara said as she gets up and starts to leave but she turns back. "Oh, one more thing. How warmly should I dress tomorrow?"

Meanwhile Sokka is still at the village square and now out of his mind.

"We don't care what Aunt Wu told you! You need to take a bath sometime!" Sokka yelled at a very filthy man, who grunts in response to Sokka's shouting and he walks off.

Aang then approaches Sokka.

"Hey, Sokka. You know some stuff about girls right?" Aang asked.

"Some stuff? You've come to the right place." Sokka said. "So what can I do you for?"

"Well, there's this girl..." Aang began and unknowing to him Meng is hiding behind a barrel and she giggling.

"I think I know what you mean." Sokka said.

"You do? And you're okay with it?" Aang asked.

"Yeah and to tell you the truth, I've been picking up the subtle vibe that she likes you too." Sokka said.

"She does? Really?" Aang asked and Meng is still behind Aang waving and trying to get his attention.

"Oh, yeah. She's crazy about you. All you have to do is not mess it up." Sokka said.

"How?" Aang asked.

"The number one mistake nice guys like you make is being too nice." Sokka said.

"You can be too nice?" Aang asked.

"Yeah. If you want to keep her interested you two should act aloof, like you don't care one way or the other." Sokka said.

"Okay." Aang said. "If you say so. Thanks."

"Hi, Aang. I was wondering..." Meng was cut off by Aang.

"See you later." Aang said walking away.

"Wow, they're good." Sokka said.

Meanwhile at the outside of Aunt Wu's house Aunt Wu pushes Katara out of her house.

"...and you'll be fine as long as you have a scarf. Bye bye now." Aunt Wu said.

"Okay, thanks, but one more thing." Katara said and Aunt Wu takes a deep breath.

"All right. What is it?" Aunt Wu asked.

"Should I eat a mango or a papaya for breakfast tomorrow?" Katara asked.

"Papaya!" Aunt Wu answered annoyed as she slams the door shut.

"I hate papaya." Katara said as she walks off and Aang is leaning against the wall trying to look nonchalant.

"Oh, hey, Katara. I didn't see you there." Aang said.

"Hi, Aang." Katara said still walking away.

"That's okay. I'm busy with my own stuff." Aang said.

Meanwhile Velvet is walking around the village and stops when the butterfly came down to her, Velvet holds out her finger for it to land as Sorey and Mikleo walks up to her.

"Why are you so interested in that butterfly?" Mikleo asked.

"It was created in the flames when Aunt Wu told me my fortune and said it was created from my emotions of my past." Velvet explained as the butterfly flys around Sorey before landing back on her finger.

"Why don't you name it?" Sorey suggested which made Velvet look at him in confusing. "That butterfly was made from your emotions so you should name it." Velvet looked at the beautiful insect and puts on a small smile.

"Berseria." Velvet said. "It's name will be Berseria."

"That's a very nice name, now we should go to the marketplace to meet the others." Mikleo suggested and the two humans nodded before they walk away.

They finds a marketplace and there she finds Rose, Laphicet and Katara at the papaya fruit stand.

"Ugh, papaya please." Katara said in disgust.

"If you hate papaya, then why take one?" Laphicet asked.

"Because Aunt Wu told me." Katara answered.

"You don't always have to do what she says." Rose said and the shopkeeper hands Katara a papaya.

"Hey, guys." Velvet said joining the two together with Sorey and Mikleo.

"Hi, you two." Katara said.

"Are you guys shopping for food for travel?" Velvet asked.

"Actually, now that you mention it, we might as well." Laphicet said.

"You can go ahead." Katara said.

"Okay. See you later, Katara." Rose said as she, Velvet, Sorey and Laphicet walk off to the next stand.

Before Katara leaves she sees Aang standing next to her and he's still trying to act cool.

"So papaya, huh?" Aang asked.

"Uh-huh. Would you like some?" Katara asked.

"You know me. I don't really care what I eat." Aang said picking up a fruit.

"Okay then. See you later." Katara said as she walks away.

Aang takes a bite of the fruit but then he spits it out hating the fruit.

"Maybe aloof isn't my style. Besides, she's got that powerful bender for her future." Aang said.

"Oh, a panda lily!" A voice said and the two see a woman in green getting a flower from a man in white and pink and the two hug each other.

"Did you see that?" Aang asked Lailah who was walking by.

"Yeah, those flowers are very pretty." She said.

While man and the woman are still hugging happily Aang get between them surprising them.

"Sorry to bother you, but where can a guy get one of these things?" Aang asked pointing at the flower.

Meanwhile Aang is climbing up a rocky path leading up a mountain and Sokka is following.

"I can't believe you two are dragging us all the way up here just for a stupid flower." Sokka said.

"Not just any flower. A panda lily." Aang said. "I saw it in action and it actually works."

"Flowers are fine once you're married, but at this early stage, it's crucial that you maintain maximum aloofness." Sokka said.

"My heart is telling me to get these flowers. Aunt Wu told me if I followed my heart, I would be with the one I love." Aang said.

"Oh great, don't tell me you believe in that stuff too." Sokka said.

"Well, Aunt Wu hasn't been wrong yet. Why should she be wrong about love?" Aang said as they finally arrive at the rim of the mountain which is the volcano and Aang see panda lilies and so he pick up the flowers and sniff them but then Aang look down at the caldera that's full of lava. "Oh, no. Aunt Wu was wrong." Aang drops the panda lily into the lava.

Aang and Sokka look down at the volcano with alarmed expressions.

"Those people think they're safe." Sokka said. "We have to warn them."

"No time to walk." Aang said as he opens his glider, grabs Sokka and they start flying down back to the village.

They land in the village square and they find Katara, Rose and Laphicet waiting outside Aunt Wu's door.

"Hi, Katara." Aang said.

"Can you believe she won't let me in? After all the business I've given her?" Katara asked.

"But, Katara. She doesn't even charge." Rose said.

"I know, but still." Katara said. Velvet and Sorey arrive.

"Hey, guys. What's going on?" Velvet asked.

"Aunt Wu was wrong about the volcano." Sokka said.

"Sokka, you tried to convince me that Aunt Wu was wrong before and it's gonna take a lot to make me..." Katara was cut of by an erupting sound and everyone looks up at the mountain with smoke rising.

"Oh, no." Sorey said.

Later on the gang confront the villagers to convince them.

"Everyone! That volcano is going to erupt any second. Aunt Wu was wrong!" Sokka said.

"Yeah, yeah. We all know you don't believe in Aunt Wu, Mister Science and Reason Lover." A woman said.

"He's telling the truth!" Rose said.

"If you won't listen to him, then maybe you'll listen to me. I want to believe Aunt Wu and her predictions as much as you people do, but my brother and Aang saw lava with their own eyes." Katara said.

"Well, I heard Aunt Wu's prediction with my own ears." The calm man said.

Aang Airbend himself and Velvet jumped onto the roof of a building.

"Everyone listen to us! You're all in danger! We have to get out of here!" Aang said.

"That's right. You people can't rely on Aunt Wu's prediction. You have to take fate into your own hands." Velvet said and another shaking occurs.

"There! Look at that!" Sokka said pointing up at the mountain. "Can your fortunetelling explain that?"

"Can your science explain why it rains?" A man asked.

"Yes! Yes it can!" Sokka answered but the crowd is not convinced and they all walk away.

"They just won't listen to reason." Sorey said.

"But they will answer to Aunt Wu." Velvet said as she jumps down and Aang follows.

"I know. That's the problem." Sokka said.

"Well, now it's gonna be the solution." Aang said.

"That's right. We're taking fate into our own hands." Velvet said.

"So what's the plan?" Rose asked.

"First, we need to borrow Aunt Wu's cloud reading book." Velvet said grinning.

Katara, Sokka, Laphicet, Sorey and Rose are standing in front of Aunt Wu's door acting casual while Velvet and Aang enter Aunt Wu's house using the topmost balcony and the two enter the reading room searching for the cloud book while Momo chitters.

"Quiet, Momo. We don't want anyone to hear us." Velvet said.

Just then a reflection is revealed on a gong in front of Aang and Velvet, the two see the reflection and turn to see Meng startled.

"Oh, we didn't see you there." Aang said.

"You don't like me, do you?" Meng asked sadly.

"I like you." Aang said.

"But not the way I like you." Meng said.

"Oh, I guess not." Aang said.

"It's okay. It's just hard when you really like someone, but they don't think of you that way." Meng said.

"I know what you mean." Aang said sadly.

"She's beautiful by the way." Meng said.

"What?" Aang asked.

"That Water Tribe girl. I can why you like her so much. She's sweet, she's a bender, and her hair seems manageable." Meng said as she tries to put her braided pigtails down but they go back up.

"Don't worry. You're gonna meet a very great guy who's gonna completely fall for you. I know it." Aang said.

"Thanks." Meng said.

"Come on, Aang. Let's go." Velvet said.

"Wait. Don't you two want this?" Meng asked taking out the cloud reading book from her kimono.

"Thanks, but how did you know?" Velvet asked.

"I've kinda been stalking him." Meng answered as she laughs nervously.

"Oh, well, thanks." Aang said blushing.

Later on Velvet, Aang, and Katara are riding Appa through the clouds and Velvet is trying to find the right cloud shape in the book.

"Clouds are made of water and air so between the two of us, we ought to be able to bend and move them to any shape we want." Aang said.

"We can do that." Katara said.

"I found it! The symbol for volcanic doom." Velvet said.

Aang, and Katara start bending the clouds into the volcanic doom shape and while this is happening the villagers are looking at the clouds in horror while Laphicet and Sorey bring Aunt Wu over to her stage.

"Aunt Wu, look! Something is happening in the clouds." Laphicet said pointing at the sky.

"That's strange. It shouldn't...oh, my!" Aunt Wu said as she sees the cloud now having a skull shape.

As the mountain is still spewing smoke Aang addresses the crowd.

"We can still save the village if we act fast. Sorey and Sokka have a plan." Aang said.

"Lava is gonna flow downhill to this spot." Sokka said.

"If we can dig a deep enough trench, we can channel all the lava away from the village and to the river." Sorey said.

"If you're Earthbenders, come with me and Aang." Velvet said.

"I'm an Earthbender!" One of the twins said.

"I'm not!" The other twin said.

"Everybody else grab a shovel! Let's hurry!" Sorey said as another erupt noise is heard.

The villagers are now outside the village and they start making the trench with Earthbending and digging with shovels but while this is happening the volcano erupts and starts spewing lava.

"Dig faster! Dig faster!" Sokka said and the twins finally connects the trench to the river.

"Everyone needs to evacuate!" Aang said.

"We'll come for you when it's safe!" Velvet said.

The villagers start to run while the volcano is now precipitating ash and lava engulfs the village gate and then the lava passes through the cemetery engulfing headstones as the lava is heading downhill and finally the lava reaches the trench and starts to fill rapidly but it's halted.

"It's too much! It's going to overflow!" Katara said.

"I think I know what to do." Aang said as he runs to the lava.

"Aang!" Sorey called.

"Let him go. I think he know what he's doing." Velvet said.

Another explosion rocks the village and burning rocks start to rain down in addition to ash and everyone sees that Aang hasn't moved and a huge boulder flies out of the sky and lands in the trench exploding and Aang rush forward with determined look on his face and propel himself in the air and he start to Airbend and as lava begins to overflow, Aang blow the lava straight up with wind not allowing it to advance on the villager and finally as Aang draws in a mighty in take of breath and expels it he lets out a huge gust of air cooling the lava. Aang relax and assume a meditation pose while the others watch in awe.

"Man, sometimes I forget what a powerful bender Aang is." Sokka said.

"Wait. What did you say?" Katara asked.

"Nothing. I just said that Aang is one powerful bender." Sokka said and Katara looks at Aang.

"I suppose he is." Katara said.

Later on the volcano is still smoking but it's not erupting and the gang return to the villager square where Aunt Wu and the other villagers are and Aang offers Aunt Wu her cloud book that they 'borrowed'.

"By the way, we kind of borrowed your book." Aang said sheepishly.

"So you messed with the clouds, did you?" Aunt Wu asked as she takes her book in anger while Katara look guilty while Sokka smiles and points at her since she were part of the cloud manipulation too but Velvet punches him and knocks him down but Aunt Wu laughs. "Very clever!"

"No offense, but I hope this taught everyone a lesson about not relying too much on fortunetelling." Sokka said.

"But Aunt predicted the village wouldn't be destroyed and be saved someone who is a mage and a bender. She was right after all." The calm man said and Sokka get to the calm man's face.

"I hate you." Sokka said but Katara take him by his shoulders.

"It's ok, Sokka. Everything's gonna be all right." Katara said leading him away.

"Can I ask you something?" Aang asked.

"Of course." Aunt Wu said.

"You didn't really see love in my fortune. You just told me what I wanted to hear." Aang said.

"Let me tell you a little secret. Just like you and your friend reshaped the clouds, you have the power to reshape your destiny." Aunt Wu said.

"That's good to know. Thank you for everything, Aunt Wu." Rose said. "You ready to go?"

"Let's go." Aang said and the two get on Appa while Katara is at the reins.

"Goodbye, everyone! It was nice to meet you! Take care, Meng." Katara said.

"Bye! Take care!" Meng said waving goodbye as Appa flies off but then her smile is replaced by a frown. "Floozy."

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

492 10 4
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avata...
4.1K 66 22
After a traumatic late childhood event, Arabella is off on an adventure to find herself and maybe even some love along the way. As she is welcomed in...
40.8K 1.4K 23
You died and got isekai'd into the manga/manhwa titled, "Father I Don't Want This Marriage!". You have been reincarnated into the body of the 9 year...
5.3K 221 35
Taking place after the Shepherd's journey, Sorey and Mikleo have continued on their hunt for ruins only to find two newcomers. Despite their many sim...