Unexpectedly You

By juliiaroseee

"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out... More

Locker Stalker
How We Met Again
Mr.Popular
Football Star
The King
A Friendly Rivalry
Misunderstood
First Lesson (Part One)
First Lesson (Part Two)
His Girlfriend And the Crazy Psycho B*tch!
Jerk
Super Nova Kick
Characters
Broken
Crying is good for the soul
Pride
Surprise! Surprise!
His ComeBack
Stalking Is Not Cool
Unwanted Feelings
Unexpected Guest
First Date
From the start
Making a Deal
It's All An Act
His 'Girlfriend'
Alice and the Mad Hatter
Round and Round She Goes
Being Professinal
Student Body Failure
Secret Ballerina
Better off alone
My First
Cheerup Buttercup
Its Not About The Money Money Money
Confession Obsession
For Someone Who Doesnt Do Promises. You Sure Use That Word A Lot.
Sorry Not Sorry
Okay Tinkerbell. I hear you
Brave Heart
Giving Thanks
April In Winter
Sister Sister (PART ONE)
Sister Sister Drama (PART TWO)
Just One Dance
Confessions And Threats
Wager of death
Tell 'em that it's my birthday
Birthday Chica
Santa Baby
New Years Resolution: Playing with fire
That Four Letter Word
Part Two
Mr. Jealous at College
Gone 2 Long
Mine
Back To The Start
Back To The Start (part two) mature
Model Behvaior
Happiness Made For Two
Spring Breakers (1)
One Hundred Ways For Not Falling In Love With You. Again
Every moment of your life is a second chance
SpringBreakers (2)
Cosmopoli-what!?
Lose You To Love Me
Story Update
Just This Once
Harmony & Love
My kind of perfect (Little Things)
Little Did I Know
Love Is Weird

Prom

476 7 0
By juliiaroseee

This was not edited. I wanted to get it out there.
Will edit later :)

"Will you go prom with me?"

"What?" Completely shook, liquid from my drink ran out my mouth dribbling down my chin.

Crap.

"Oh you have-" he pointed wiping it away with his thumb.

"I got it thanks" I cleaned the area again with my napkin, wiping away any evidence of his touch.

"So..." he trailed off shoving his hands in the front of his denim jeans.

"I don't know. I have think about it" I wanted to say yes, god I wanted to say yes but I didn't want to be hurt again. I so afraid of getting hurt, my heart wasn't as strong as it used to be.

"Um sure. Text me later then?" He frowned taking his iced coffee off the table he placed it on.

"Yup" I pushed through the door quickly making my way to my brother's car. He was a college program for a few more weeks with Renae.

Once I got in the car, I instantly dialed Melanie.

"Hey chica what's up?"

"Trent just asked me to prom" I confessed , my chest began to break out in hives. I was nervous wreck.

"Whoa hold the phone! He what?"

"He asked me to prom! Mel are you even listening to me?"

"Of course I'm listening! What did you say? Please tell me you said yes" she screamed.

I leaned back against the headrest sighing loudly.

"I told him I would think about it"

"Ay¡ hello is anyone home! How many time did you tell me you wanted to go to prom with him?!" She stated, I can imagine her pacing the floors as we spoke.

"What should I do?"

"Well-" she paused, silence filled the line for a few seconds.

"You did say you needed time to thin about it. And prom is in a couple months so give him an answer at the end of spring break."

"Three months Mel!" We were only in March.

"Exactly! I know you, Kay you procrastinate a lot so the timing is perfect" she pointed out quickly, making my previous statement null.

"Fine. I guess you're right-"
I looked up through the rear view mirror in the time to see Trent exit the cafe with a young lady.

She laughed loudly, her dirty blonde hair bounced as she moved.

Who was that?

His gaze met mine, time suddenly went still.

Blonde girl followed his line of view to me, she grinned waving politely. She turned back to Trent her lips working to form a sentence, he immediately nodded.

I broke the contact as Melanie's voice brought me back to reality.

"Kay! Kendyl hello? Are you still there?"

"Yes yes sorry I'm here. Look I have to go. See you later"

"Kay byeee" we both hung up

"Kendyl!" I peeled off the curb driving away.

Monday morning came way too quickly. The weekend ended before I could even blink.

I was exhausted, all I kept thinking about was Trent and prom. I couldn't do homework nor study for my math test today. And dancing? That's out of the question, I had no energy for that.

But the good thing about it, we were on yet another break.

"Hey good morning"

"What's so good about it?" I sighed heavily roaming around the kitchen like a zombie.

"Well you're alive that's for sure" he chuckled

"When did you get back?" I asked my brother. His hair grew long and he had a full beard.

"I flew in on a red eye last night" he said biting into an Apple from the fruit basket on the island.

"Did you like it?" I poured some Cinnamon Toast Crunch into a large bowl.

"Eh it was okay. What I'm thinking though, maybe I'll join the Marines" he stated sitting on a stool across from me.

I began to devour it with a big spoon after I poured my almond milk.

"The Marines? As in guns and stuff?"

"Yeah as in guns and stuff--can you chew first. You're spitting cereal all over me"

He laughed wiping at his expensive suit. Renae bought him his first Armani for the business school interview. He was still thinking about going to Colombia with her.

"Sorry" I said through a mouthful finishing my food.

"When do you think you're going to join?"

"Right after I'm done high school. I have one more marking period of school."

Porter had to repeat a year because of an injury that happened his sophomore year on the baseball field.

"And your wedding?"

He sighed running his fingers through his hair.
"I don't know. I guess we will prospone it for now"

"Did you tell Renae?"

I put the bowl to my lips drinking down the cinnamon flavored milk.

"I'm going out to meet up with her today. Later Kay" he got up to kiss my forehead.

He was a man now, he looked just like dad. Being 19 in high school must be stressful while your girlfriend is twenty one and in college, he has a lot on his plate this year.

"BITTTCCHH-Oh Hey Porter" Melanie said came barging in. Porter shook his head laughing on his way out.

Indeed.

"Why are you walking in my house like you crazy?" I asked bringing my dish to the sink.

"I got some tea for you sis!" She opened up my laptop pulling up our schools Facebook page.

There on the home page were the results for prom king and queen, and someone made it there duty to put me on the roster. As a joke, but it really intrigued me to really think what people thought of me.

60% That's how many voted for me and Trent.
Melanie and Jordan 95%
Lola and Franklin 70% (A pair of freshmen)
Kendyl and Leo 80% (A damn nightmare)

But what really shocked me was the results that hit hundred percent.

"Oh" I cut my eyes away from the screen, those words permanently stamped in my brain.

Celine (Cece) and Trent 100%. More than 20,000 people voted for Celine and Trent.

"Can you believe this! After he asked you to prom this shit happens. That's so not fair" she fumes angrily sending a text.

"I don't care anyway"

"How can you not care when you said you'd go to prom with him?"

"Mel Listen it's fine, really I'll just go with your cousin. Didn't he graduate last year?" I asked nonchalantly trying to change the subject.

"You mean James? Eww why you want to go with him?" She scorned shivering in disgust

I giggled "Hes not that bad Mel"

"Not bad! He's a whore and I'm not setting my best friend up that thing"

I smiled reaching out for a hug.

"Aww I love you Mel" kissing her cheek.

I hugged her neck pressing her cheek against mine.

"What about Oscar?" She suddenly blurted. Oscar was her stepmother nephew, that was Delilah's mom.

"I never met him? Who's that?" We pulled away sitting in the sofa behind us.

"He recently moved from Canada. Right now he's about to start college and he never had a prom so maybe he'll do it" she  stated matter of factly.

"Well go then. Hurry hurry text him" I swatted repeatedly her shoulder in anticipation.

"Alright Alright I'm going? Will you stop hitting me?" She laughed opening up her messages. The only people in her messages were me, Port and Jordan. Back before she dated Jordan her phone would go off constantly but now you can tell she's happy due to the fact he was only guy she was texting.  In my opinion anyway.

"There sent. Now we have wait fo-" ding
"-oh that was fast" her phone pinged within seconds.

"Read it read it read it!" I hit her shoulder nervously again.

"Woman would you stop hitting me!"

"Sorry, I'm nervous" I bit my thumb in more anticipation.

"Relax don't be. Okay he said and I quote, sure! I would love to! Anything for you cuz, is there anyway I can see my date?. He wants a pic, should we send one?"

I nodded too anxious to talk

"Okay I'll send him the one with your really long hair"

We scrolled through her images in the dedicated album she had in her phone of me.

I shook my head, none of them were pretty enough.

"Let me get my phooooonne-Okay I'm back" I sang running to the kitchen and back.

"Oh my gosh you're so weird" she laughed taking my phone, pressing her thumb against the home button to unlock it.

Five minutes later I became more anxious than ever.

"Let's just forget it! I'm not going to prom!" I huffed throwing my arms up in frustration.

"What why? You have so many good pictures"

"It's not about the picture Mel. I just-" I got to feet pacing the floor.

"It's Trent isn't it?"
I nodded embarrassed

"Oh sweetie. If he doesn't see how amazing and perfect you then that's his lose" she embraced me

"This one-"

I immediately nodded
"Yes bitch. Send it!"

Later that night I had a date for prom, Mel and I ordered our dresses online, Dress to impress. Ironically, it was her stepmother's custom dress shop.

For the next three months, I worked my tush off to save money for prom, senior trip and summer break. Mel and I plan to go away to Florida to universal studios, I was crazy person when it came to roller coasters.

Much much much later....
Month: June 2020

"Kendyl hurry your ass up, we'll be late for prom! This was like graduation all over again!" she hissed from downstairs.

"What happened at graduation?" I heard my date Oscar ask.

I giggled as I applied the last of my mascara and lip gloss.

"She took ten years to do her hair and we almost missed the aisle walk" she exclaimed. I watch her place her hands on her hips in frustration as I  descend the stairs to them.

"Hold your horses I'm coming" I held up my dress as my heels clacked against the wooden floor.

"Oh my wow. Kay you look stunning" she drew breathlessly. She felt the warmth at her cheeks grinning adoringly.

"Really?"

"Stunning does not even come close to describe it. You look breathtaking , that guy really messed up"

Mel elbowed him softly, he groaned clearing his throat.

"I'm sorry"

"No it's fine. I'm okay let's go partyyyyy.

The thought it Trent no longer phased me, or so I tell myself.

I looped my arm through Oscar's, his suit matched my champagne dress perfectly. It was your average black suit, he added his own twist to it by adding a sleek turtleneck. The black did not overpower or outdo my dress which I loved, the attention was solely on me.

We got into the limo my dad sent for prom, he wanted plenty of pictures. I explained to him I didn't need a limo but he insisted since he missed my birthday. This was his way to say sorry, who was I to argue about free stuff, to hell with it I'll take it.

"Jordan and Porter said they'll meet us there"

"Awesome. So what's Jordan wearing?"

She rolled her eyes at this. "Some ugly ass rosy pink suit when I told him baby pink. He's so annoying" she huffed crossing her arm, looking out the window.

"You guys sound like a married couple. Let him live, he's a guy. Guys do stupid things like that, we're prideful sometimes" Oscar stated from him spot next me, we sat across from Mel.

"But he's not prideful at all, he takes telling so well and he always apologizes even when he's done nothing wrong" she said staring into space.

"Then he must love you" Oscar laughed. I nodded in agreement.

"Yes. He does" she smiled unconsciously messing with her curls.

~~~

Kendyl and Oscar prom look

Roshon Fegan as Oscar

Porter and Renae prom look

Melanie and Jordan prom look

Jordan

At the dance we all walked in together and spotlight hit us.

"What the Hell? get that light out of my face!" Melanie hissed.

I squinted trying to see through the many faces for the person I suddenly really wanted to see.

I immediately spotted him at the drink table with Celine and his football friends.

"Is that him?" Oscar whispered into my ear, his breath tickled my neck causing me to laugh.

"Sorry I'm ticklish. What did you say?"

He chuckled brushing my hair off my shoulder.
"I asked is that him? The one at the drink table staring at you"

"They are all staring at me" I smiled and waved as we made our way to the dance floor.

"I know. I'm talking about about the blonde one, he looks he's he wants to kill me" he smirked pulling out my chair at a group table. He took a seat beside me, to my left and Mel my right.

"Yup that's him-" I rolled my eyes

"Mister  tough guy huh?" I scoffed
"Hardly"

"Do you ladies want a drink?" He got to his feet before I could even stop him.

"I-wait! Don't you think you should wait till the guys get here?"

"Why you think he'll hurt me Kendyl? I'm a big boy I can handle myself" he chuckled adjusting his jacket.

I gulped inaudible.

"Kay he'll be fine don't worry too much" Mel patting my hand reassuringly.

A few minutes went by when we heard a fight or a really loud argument coming from the drink table.

Our attention  averted to the noise, I gasped. Trent held Oscar by his suit, Trent looked beyond angry.

"Oh god! Melanie I told you" I hitched up my dress briskly moving toward the back to break them up before a teacher saw.

"That's ENOUGH!" I grabbed Trent's hands that held Oscar from a small choke hold.

"Trent let go!" Melanie yelled grabbing Oscar by his midsection.

"Whoa what's going on  here!" Two familiar masculine voices yelled.

"Thank God! Get Trent off him." Porter took over my position as I grabbed Trents middle as well prying them apart.

"I SAID THATS ENOUGH!" He finally released him realizing I was there.

"Kay I-"

"What is wrong with you! Why can't you just be normal for once! Every guy I'm with you attack! You're not my boyfriend so stop acting like it!" I snapped.

The crowd around us gasped, whispering amongst themselves. But I didn't care, it was officially over.

"Oscar are you alright?" He nodded fixing his collar.

Trent brushed pass me leaving the auditorium.

"You shouldn't be mad at him Kendyl" he stated allowing me to properly fix his suit.

"Why? He had it coming Oscar. This was beyond you and me"

"I started it . I baited him and now I feel bad, you really liked him. You too look good together" he took my hands his hands gathering my full attention.

I nodded and ran my way out the auditorium, two quick rights and I saw Trent loitering outside the science lab. I sighed slowing my pace.

"Hey" he looked then back down again ignoring me.
"Look I'm sorry. I didn't mean what said-"

"You did. You did mean what you said and I get it. I know I can be overbearing, you're not the first to tell me that"

"I never said you were overbearing Trent, I was just so angry that you always act irrational sometimes"

"I know. After tonight you won't have to worry about that anymore"

"I don't understand"
He smiled sadly facing me.

"I accepted my dad's offer to go live with him in California. I won't ever bother you again"

What's going on?
"Trent I-"

"I'll see you inside"

Back inside the dance I solemnly made my way to our table. Renae, Porter and Jordan had joined us.

"Hey how'd it go!" Mel called waving me over

"Bad. I tried to fix it but he totally blew me off" I said sitting next to Oscar.

"What did he say?"

"He's basically said he's leaving and that he's overbearing. I just don't understand how things ended up this way" I huffed.

I watch Celine and Trent dance away in the floor. She was in her second dress for the night, similar to. It was black with a higher neck that showed a gray some of cleavage and crisscrossed in the back.

They looked so happy together, meanwhile I was sitting at the table moping around.

"Hey cheer up, at least he told you before you got heard. Well again anyways, I'm the bright side you can find someone Jane you go to college, the fake relationship no longer burdensome." Mel stated pulling me to the dance floor, Oscar behind me pushing.

"Fine Fine. I'll dance but only for s little bit-"

"-oh no it's your song!!" She shrieked draping my arms over her shoulder as we conga-lined to the center of the room.

I kicked my heels off to the side, Oscar picked them laughing hysterically as Mel and did an attempt at the running man.

Will Smith's "Fresh Prince" theme song blasted through the room, seconds later Porter and Renae joined us as we cabbage patched our way the circled that formed around us.

"...I got in one little fight and my mom got scared. She said you're moving with your aunty and uncle in belAir.." we waved our finger at each other then bumped hips, adding to our waves of our favorite 80/90s dance moves. The all time favorite was the Carlton, let's just say I got too excited and slipped and fell right into a pair of arms. The person scooped me up twirling me around like a princess, that immediately got my heart racing.

Trent held me gently against his body smiling down at me. I blushed pushing away walking back to Mel, the song was over so everyone's eyes were on us.

"What was that?" She asked

"I have no idea" I glanced over my shoulder one last time.

This is the end of part one my loves ♥️

I love that you all are sticking with me through the end and I love that. Also I was nominated for WATTYS 2019. I am super excited and so eternally grateful,GOD is so great and you all as well. Keep reading , voting and commenting.

I love guys so much 🥰 much love roses 🌹

Trent and Celine prom look

CeCe's second dress

PART TWO COMING SOON

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 76 24
"What are you trying to say?" I asked, looking over at him. A small smile playing on my lips. "I'm trying to say that you are perfect the way you are...
77K 1.2K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
3.3M 216 5
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. You...
38.5M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...