I Met Him On Tumblr

By xburningdesire

The Urban Dictionary defines Tumblr as ‘the end of your social life’ and Google defines Tumblr as ‘a microblo... More

I Met Him On Tumblr
Home [1]
Nobody Does It Like You [2]
The Dog Days Are Over [3]
Knee Socks [4]
Memphis [5]
One For The Road [6]
On Our Way [7]
Happy [9]
Ultraviolence [10]
I Almost Do [11]
Off To The Races [12]
Adore You [13]
West Coast [14]
I'm A Mess [15]
Crazy In Love [16]
I Want It All [17]
Let Me In [18]
She's Not Me (Ride Or Die) [19]
Someone Else [20]
Should've Said No [21]
Nothing Like Us [22]
Home [23]

Adore You [8]

2.7K 122 14
By xburningdesire

 I Met Him On Tumblr  

✥ Chapter 8: Adore You ✥

>> "When you say you love me, know I love you more and when you say you need me, know I need you more. Boy, I adore you." – Adore You by Miley Cyrus

 ◂◂◂

I opened my eyes to see Elliot standing in the doorway, clapping. “That was very good, Linnea.” I was breathing heavily in the dancing studio.

            “How long have you been standing there?” I asked.

            “The entire time.”

            “I need to change a couple things but yeah…” My voice trailed off and I went and stopped the loud music. It felt like I hadn’t danced in weeks but in reality it had on been a couple of days.

            “I wanted to talk to you about a couple things. Are you done dancing for today?” I nodded. “Okay, well the first thing I wanted to ask you was if you wanted to teach some of the little kids? On Saturdays, when term one starts.”

A grin grew on my face. “I would love to teach the kids!”

            “You and Holly could do it together so it’s easier. I know you both would do an amazing job. The other thing I wanted to talk to you about is a new kind of competition that’s coming up. I’ll give you the brochure and everything but it’s on 16th and it’s called Dance Explosion. Basically it’s a dance-off type of thing with a bunch of different studios. You’ll be given random music and dance with a girl from each studio. What do you think?”

            I had done plenty of dancing competitions but nothing like that. “Sounds fun,” I smiled.

            “Okay, good, good! Come with me so I can get this brochure for you.” Elliot gave me the brochure and then I left. I walked home; it only took me ten minutes.

            When I got home I found my Mum reading a magazine in the lounge room. “Hi Mum.”

            “Linnea, I thought you were at dancing.”

            “Yeah I was there for ages…” my voice trailed off. I shouldn’t feel this awkward around my own mother. “Um, I’m going to go to my room.”

***

“So what are you doing today?” Facetime was open on my phone and Jason was fixing his hair. I kept laughing at him.

            In between giggles I said, “Carson’s coming over.”          

            “Stop laughing at me!”

            “You’ve been doing your hair for the past half hour, relax man it’s perfect.” I paused. “You trying to impress someone?”

            “I’ve got a date.” My eyes widened in shock. Jason had told me more than once that dates weren’t his thing. “I really want it to go well.”

            “I thought you didn’t do dates.”

            “I don’t but this girl is different. I don’t want to just fuck and dump her, you know so here I am nervous as fuck for my date.” I smiled and had a sudden urge to pinch his cheeks because he was adorable. “Stop looking at me like that, creep.”

            “I hope it goes fabulously. Where are you taking her?”

            “On a picnic.”

            “Who knew you could be romantic.” Jason bit his lip and I could see how nervous he really was. “How’d you meet her?”

 Jason and I spoke about his girl for a little longer but Matthew screaming, “Your boyfriends here,” then interrupted us.

 I quickly fixed up my hair. “Do I look okay?” I asked a chuckling Jason.

            “You look beautiful, now go have fun with your boyfriend.” He winked and I blushed. “Have you guys had sex yet?”

            I rolled my eyes. “Even if we had what would make you think I’d tell you.” Jason gave me a cheeky smile. “Have fun on your date, lover boy.”

 I ended Facetime and ran downstairs and then opened the front door. Carson greeted me with a peck. “Hi gorgeous.”

            “Hey handsome,” I smiled.

            “I’ve missed you.”

            “It’s only been a couple of days since you last saw me,” I teased.

            “But I want to see you all the time.” Carson kissed me again, this time more passionately, with more need and I kissed him back, my hands tangling in his hair. We broke apart and Carson whispered, “And I also want to do that all the time.”

            I smiled. “Come, I’ll show you my room.” This would be the first time Carson and I were alone in a room… with a bed… together. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen but I was nervous. I walked into my room and Carson followed. I watched as he looked around and then I sat on my bed. Carson closed the door and sat next to me. I felt my heart beating heavily in my chest.

            “You have a very nice room.”

            “Mhm yeah all the boys I bring in my room say that,” I jokingly said and Carson laughed.

            “How many boys do you bring to your room?”

            “Too many for me to remember.”

            “Do they know you have a boyfriend?” I just laughed lay down on my bed and Carson did too after a couple of minutes. He started kissing me. I wasn’t ready for this but I felt like I had to have sex with him or he’d lose interest in me. There was a reason I had never had a boyfriend before, I was boring and it still surprised me that Carson was even remotely interested in me.

            I kissed him back and Carson started kissing down my neck but he wasn’t making me feel good because I was too worried about what was about to happen. I couldn’t concentrate on anything but the fact that Carson was probably trying to have sex with me. He pulled me on top of him and his hands played with the bottom of my shirt. That was when I said in between kisses, “I don’t… I don’t want to do this.”

            Carson immediately pulled away from me and I climbed off of him and lay flat on my back next to him. “Okay.”

            “I’m… I’m sorry.” This was more awkward than I had imagined.

            “No, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have even started that. I don’t want to pressure you into anything.” Carson then put his arms around me. What was he doing? I wondered. “I just want to hold you,” He said.

            I fell asleep in his arms and when I woke up, I regretted it more than anything because I should’ve stayed awake, enjoying his presence and spoke to him. “Shit, you should’ve woken me up. How long have I been sleeping?”

            Carson chuckled. “You look adorable when you sleep. Ah, a couple of hours maybe? I don’t know… I fell asleep for a little while as well.” Carson kissed my forehead. “Do you want to go out for dinner?”

            “Mhm nah, lets just stay in and we can order take-out?”

            “Okay baby.”

            I went to the bathroom and heard my phone beep a couple of times. It was probably Olivia or my Mum. After I finished in the bathroom I went back to my room to find Carson on my phone. I furrowed my eyebrows. “What are you doing?”

            “Who’s Jason?”

            “What?”

            “Who’s Jason?” Carson repeated.

            “My friend…” I said, slowly. I grabbed my phone off of Carson; Jason had sent me a bunch of messages.

            ‘LINNEA, LINNEA, BABBBYYYYY’ read one of the messages. Well, fuck. I wasn’t sure how I was about to explain to Carson that this boy who had just called me ‘baby’ was just my friend. ‘GUESS WHO’S GETTING LAID! The date went great’ another one read.

            “Oh yeah, do all your friends call you baby?”

            “He’s just joking around.”

            “Are you cheating on me?”

            “No!” I exclaimed. “I would never cheat on you.”

            “I don’t want you talking to him anymore.” I sighed.

            I decided to see if Carson understood what an idiot he was being. “You can’t ask me to do something like that. He’s my friend.”

            “I’m not asking you, I’m telling you.” It took me a minute to fully understand that Carson just asked me – no told me that I couldn’t speak to my friend anymore and I was not about to be ordered around.

            “Don’t you dare try to order me around, Carson.” Carson stayed quiet. “Maybe you should go home and we’ll talk tomorrow.” I started walking out of my room.

            “Linnea, wait.” I put my hands on my hips and waited for some bullshit to come out of Carson’s mouth but he said nothing. I rolled my eyes and continued walking to the front door. Carson followed me and didn’t try to say anything else.

            We got to the front door and I opened the door just as my Mum got out of her car. Well this was fucking fantastic. I saw a confused expression appear on her face. I hadn’t told her I had a boyfriend. “I didn’t know you’d be home so early,” I said, awkwardly.

“Yes well I finished all my paperwork early. Linnea,” She said. “Who’s this?”

            I opened my mouth to introduce Carson but Carson quickly said, “Good evening Mrs. Gregg, my name’s Carson, I’m Linnea’s boyfriend.” Charming as always. Where was that charm when he was ordering me to not talk to Jason?

            “You didn’t tell me you had a boyfriend.”

            That’s because you’re barely around anymore. “Well now you know.”

            “Why don’t you come in and we can have a coffee, so I can get to know you.” I wondered if she was just trying to look like a perfect Mother or she actually wanted to get to know the boy I had been seeing.

            “I’d love t-” Carson started but I cut him off. I really was not in the mood to have coffee with my Mum and my apparently very over-protective boyfriend.

            “Carson was actually just leaving because he needs to go home and babysit his cousins. Maybe another time.” I smiled, sweetly. I looked up to Carson. “I’ll walk you to your car.”

            “Okay. It was a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Gregg.”

            “Likewise Carson.”

            I walked Carson to his car and before he could say anything that would piss me off I said, “We’ll talk about this tomorrow, alright? Just try to think about how unreasonable you’re being. Good night.”

            When I got back into my room, I called Olivia and told her about what had happened. “Okay, he’s a dickhead but you have to see things from his point of view, what would you do if you found out he was talking to some random girl and you read a message she sent him that said ‘baby’ in it.”

            I sighed. “I know, I know but he can’t ask me to stop talking to him!”

            “You and Jason are only friends, right?”

            “Of course! Olivia, I’ve never met the guy, how could we even be anything else?”

            “You talk to him a lot and you talk about him a lot so I was just wondering if you guys liked each other or something.” I thought about how it was probably impossible to fall for someone you’ve never met and laughed.

            “We’re just friends and I just really like talking to him...” I groaned. “Do you think I should stop talking to Jason?”

            “Nope, just tell Carson that you guys are just good friends and maybe offer for the two of them to Facetime?” I shook my head, that was not about to happen but I agreed with her anyway. “I didn’t picture Carson as the protective type. What else happened today? Did you guys do anything?”

            “I told him that I couldn’t have sex with him. We started kissing and everything started getting heated but I’m not ready. I want to wait. It was so awkward, fuck but he stopped straight away and told me that he just wanted to hold me.” Olivia awed and I smiled, just thinking about it but that didn’t mean I wasn’t dreading the conversation I was going to have to have with Carson tomorrow.

 Hey! I hope you guys liked this chapter :) Leave me a comment on what you think! 

 To the right is the trailer for I Met Him On Tumblr 

Thanks for reading xx ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
4M 86.9K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...