choose him | dipper x reader

By frecklestarss

All my life I was aware of my interest for uninteresting topics. My passion for knowing everything. Especiall... More

00 | key
01 | swimming and... oops
02 | why do i even own a blouse?
03 | "friends" are quite confusing...
04 | the new kid
05 | hand of iron
07 | sorry you're about to die

06 | backpacks and trees

53 5 5
By frecklestarss

[Y/N]

I'm not dead! And I beat writers block ahahahhahahha take that

comment as you go!

During third period, our team spilt up. Drew and I had Forensics. Ash and Ryan had the math elective.

Dipper stared at his schedule intently for a minute then looked up. "I have Forensics, then algebra."

"Great, tag along with Y/N. Algebra's right next door."

I gave him a weak smile and turned to lead the way. "Hey Y/N?" Dipper asked, suddenly at my side. "Yeah?" I answered politely. "You... don't seem to like me," he said, confirming at the last part. I looked up into his eyes which were now a dull shade of chocolate brown. Still stunning, but dark. "Y-yeah, I just don't have a lot to say I guess," I said, shrugging. It was true. I didn't ever have much to say. I preferred to observe.

Dippers' brown eyes brightened again, and he nodded. "Ok, yeah." I could tell he didn't seem convinced. I grabbed his shoulder before he could leave. "Hey, believe me, you haven't done anything wrong, I'm just that kind of person."

"Okay."

******
((I don't take forensics yet so I dunno if I got anything right here))

During forensics Dipper showed the class up. He easily cracked the blood case, and identified the finger prints.

"It would have to be the janitor, because nobody was in the school before or after, and the body shows prints back to 5:14 am- before school. All other prints are involved, but the main killer would be the janitor."

Mr. Harris, our teacher clapped in satisfaction. Dipper smiled, and looked down at the doodles on his paper, shyly.

I glanced over at Dipper, and my eye caught on something in his bag. I recognized it as the book from earlier. The iron hand. I wonder where he got it. I think I've seen it in old books in the library, so it's probably a replica, sold in tacky shops for a dollar, ninety-nine.

"Miss L/N? Is something more important than this class?" Mr. Harris asked curtly.

"No," I replied quickly, looking up at him to meet his eyes.

"Good," he answered slowly, and returned to his lecture. I saw Dipper glance from me to his book and raised an eyebrow.

*****

"Do you wanna hang out today?" Ash asked me after school. I shook my head. "Nah, I've got a lot of homework I need to do. You know my mom would freak if I got a failing grade." It was true. My mom would freak. But I haven't had a failing grade since 8th grade, and I didn't seem to be changing anything soon. "Yeah, okay," Ash replied, pouting. "Sorry," I muttered. "There's your house, go, do your homework," Ash said, dropping the subject. I felt bad lying to her, but I had stuff to do. "Kay bye."

I quickly jogged down my driveway, and opened the door. I threw my bag onto the table and ran to the kitchen. I grabbed an apple, 4 bottles of water, a package of granola bars, and a couple snickers((I really want a snickers now))

Then I climbed the stairs to my room and grabbed my camera, a backpack, and my coat. I stuffed the food and my camera into the bookbag, and threw on my coat.

"Y/N is that you?" I heard my brother ask from the other room. "Yeah!" I yelled back, trying not to seem out of breath. Next thing I knew he was standing in my doorway. He eyed my backpack and coat. "Just be back before dark, you're making dinner," he said, and left the room. I smiled and hitched my backpack tightly on to my shoulders.

~~~~

I always loved walking through the woods. I remember when I was 7 years old and Adam and I went camping. We lasted barely three days, but it was great nonetheless.

I remember hiking, and falling apart from Adam. I was stumbling through the woods, when I heard a noise. I turned around to be greeted with a magnificent animal. It was like a horse, but it glowed, and had a flowing mane. It had looked at me with its curious eyes, and snorted contently. I gawked at the horse for a minute, until it turned its back, and fled. I then sprinted back to Adams' now calling voice, and told him I just saw a unicorn.

"There's no such thing," he had answered.

"But I saw it!"

"You're 7, Y/N, you see whatever your mind imagines."

"Yeah whatever."

~~~~~

Now as I walked through the familiar trees, I tried to remember the velvet mane, and the fragrance it carried along. It seemed harder everytime.

I found a rock, above a small river, and decided to climb it. I perched on top, and took out my camera. I leaned on one knee, and started snapping pictures of the green moss besides me.

"Woah, this is a new type of studying," I heard a voice say, humorously. I quickly looked up frightened, and lost my balance. I went tumbling over the side of the rock, and into the river. My hand skinned the rock, trying to stop myself, but with no avail.

Luckily it wasn't a large rock, so I just scrapped my hand and knees. I had landed on my feet, so my clothes were dry- my shoes on the other hand, were different story.

"Yeah, well obviously my studying was interrupted," I snapped. Dipper put his hands up in defense.

"What're you doing out here anyway?"

"Could ask you the same thing."

"I asked you first," he replied calmly.

"Studying."

Dipper shook his head, and took a step back. "Well, have fun studying. I'm sure it's a big test."

"Wait!" I bit my lip. I hated asking for help. But I didn't really gave a choice.

"You're the one who got me into this mess," I pointed to my shoes and the river, which I was still standing in, "so help me out." Dipper smiled and carefully walked down to the edge of the river. "Madam," he said, holding out his hand like a prince in shining armor. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand. It was soft, I noticed. He swiftly pulled me out of the river. "Thanks," I mumbled.

"How did you know I said I was studying?" I inquired.

Dipper just shrugged. "I have many ears I guess." I looked at him skeptically, but didn't question any farther.

We walked through the woods in silence. The birds chirped around us, and the wind softly blew on the leaves.((i just want a relationship where we can walk through the woods holding hands without talking uwu))

"I wasn't studying," I said softly, not looking at him.

"Yeah I could tell," he said besides me((idk I just imagine this scene, where Dipper is acting all tuff with his hands in his pockets like 'show no emotion show no emotion' and Y/N is all like 'omg say something you spoon')).

I waited a moment before continuing. "Sometimes I come out here... just to be alone ya'know," I didn't expect him to know. "It's like the animals are talking to me," why am I telling him this?! But as soon as I started I couldn't stop. "Ever since I was young, I've been convinced there's something more in this little dusty town." Dipper hadn't said anything the whole time, but I felt him listening, taking in every word I was saying. "I feel like we're missing something. Somethings out there. But it's hiding from us. And it's damn well at it." I finished my small rant, and looked at him, for the first time. He was staring at me with his glowing brown eyes.

"Yeah, I get that," he said slowly. "You know what," Dipper said, looking torn between something. "I want to show you something. Come with me."

"Okay," I said. He put out his hand, and I took it swiftly. He looked into my eyes, and I cracked a smile.

do you ship them yet pfffft

i think there's gunna be a chapter based on dippers pov but idk yet? what do you guys think about that? your thoughts?

word count: 1383

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 927 20
|๐‰๐”๐‰๐”๐“๐’๐” ๐Š๐€๐ˆ๐’๐„๐ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘| ~โ€ข๐‰๐ฎ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฌ๐ฎ ๐Š๐š๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐งโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐ฌโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐˜/๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐œ๐ก๐š...
185K 6.6K 94
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
9.5M 310K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...
74K 2.6K 48
"๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง ๐›๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐€๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž" ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Caitlin Clark fa...