Irresistible Attraction

De SinfullyBad

Alexander Rivera, CEO of River Corp. Handsome , cocky , player are just some of the used to describe him... Mais

About me
C O V E R S
CAST
Chapter 1 "New City"
Chapter 2 "Who is she?"
Chapter 3 "Who is he?"
Chapter 4 "Her thoughts"
Chapter 5 "I need a job"
Chapter 6 "It's Him"
Chapter 7 "Interview "
Chapter 8 "New friend"
Chapter 9 "His arrival"
Chapter 10 "Mr. Hotness"
Chapter 11 "Work"
Chapter 12 " You don't have a boyfriend? "
Chapter 13 "Why do I Care?"
Chapter 14 "My new life"
Chapter 15 "Responsibility"
Chapter 16 "Should I tell him?"
Chapter 17 "Her past"
Chapter 18 "The Big Meeting"
Chapter 19 "Only Him"
Chapter 20 "Resisting this attraction"
Chapter 21 "Weird Behaviour "
Bonus chapter "First Glance"
Chapter 22 "His Assistant"
Chapter 23 "Neighbour?"
Chapter 24 "I Don't Want This"
Chapter 26 "Realisation"
Chapter 27 "Nightlife"
Chapter 28 "Dealing with feelings"
Chapter 29 "Mine"
Chapter 30 "She is Something"
Chapter 31 "This girl "
Chapter 32 " Can't Remember "
Chapter 33 "Strawberries and chocolate"
Chapter 34 "Does he?"
Chapter 35 "On the Edge"
Chapter 36 "Cygnus"
Chapter 37 "Say It"
Chapter 38 "Office Romance"
Chapter 39 "Autumn Magic"
Chapter 40 - "Addiction"

Chapter 25 "Apology"

56.3K 1.7K 183
De SinfullyBad

Alexander's POV

I decided to start off by first apologising to Sophie for my harsh words. I already feel like the meanest person in the whole wide world for hurting her and making her cry. I can only imagine how humiliating it must have been to her. The tears in those eyes and the unbelievable amount of hurt they held really pierced my heart to the core. And I hate to be the reason for them.

I took a long shower to calm my nerves and then trimmed my stubble just the way I liked it. After the shower, I wrapped a towel around my waist and went to the closet to change. I decided to wear a pair of blue faded jeans along with a grey t shirt that matched with it perfectly.

I left my house and grabbed the car keys in the way. I got to my garage and entered my car and started to drive towards Sophie's apartment where I dropped her a few weeks ago.

While driving, a small flower shop caught my eye. It was small but looked really warm and welcoming. I parked near the shop and walked towards it. There were many flowers outside the shop and it had a really big glass window and framed in black colour. I entered the shop and instantly overwhelmed by the sweet smell of different flowers. It looked really vibrant due to all the different colours. I was just roaming around the shop when a guy came out of some room in the shop which I failed to notice before, holding a small pot of flower. He didn't notice me at first.

"Oh hey, how can I help you?" He asked smiling when he noticed me, while placing the plant in a nearby table.

He was wearing a light pink shirt and and jeans and an dark blue apron above it. He looked like he was in college. Maybe he was working here as a part time job.

I smiled at him and said,

"I want to buy flowers."

I decided to buy some flowers for Sophie. I hope she'll like them.

He smiled at me said.
"Sure. We have many flowers here. Come here."

He motioned me to follow him and led me towards the opposite side of the store. He started showing me different kinds of flowers and bouquets. Daisies, marigold, lilies, tulips etc. But none of them caught my eyes. The ones he was showing were all too bright with smell too sweet. None of them defined Sophie.

Adam, I learned his name later, asked curiously,
"Who are you buying these flowers for?"

I stood still for a moment hearing his question and wondered.

What is Sophie to me?

I didn't find any label to give her. She was obviously so much more than my assistant and definitely not just a friend. But then again, she was not mine. So I decided to answer him honestly.

"Someone special. "

I couldn't keep myself from smiling while saying this.
He smiled knowingly at me and there was this certain glint in his eyes when he said,

"I think I know what you need, mate."

He disappeared into the room where he came from and left me standing. A few moments later he returned with some pink and white Rose buds. They looked really fresh and had mild fragrance in them. The baby pink coloured roses complimented well with the white ones. Moreover, the pink reminded me of Sophie's when she blushed. That's when I knew that I found the perfect ones.

I smiled brightly at Adam and said,
"It's perfect. I would buy these."

Adam looked proud at his own choice and smiled at me then started to pack the roses. He cut the excess stem and thorns and added some leaves and finally wrapped all these in baby pink wrapper to make the perfect bouquet for Sophie. The end result looked pretty good and I was happy with it.

He handed me the bouquet and said,
"She's gonna love it. Good luck."

I was surprised at his comment. How was he so sure that it was a girl? I asked him the same and he chuckled lowly and replied,

"Sir, the way your eyes sparkle is all the confirmation I needed. "

I didn't even question it and just smiled at him and payed for the flowers along with a hefty amount of tip for him and left the store.

I drove to wards her apartment thinking about how she will react seeing the flowers, or seeing me?

Will she be happy?

Or angry?

Does she hate me?

God. I hope not.

As I approached her apartment building, I started to grow more and more nervous. I really hope she gives me another chance.

I parked my car in front of her building and entered the building while carrying the bouquet. I moved towards the elevator and pressed the number to Sophie's floor.
As the elevator door opened, I walked towards her apartment.

Don't ask me how I know all of this.

When I reached her door, I spent a few seconds just adjusting my outfit and hair. Then, gathering all the courage in me, I knocked.

And again the nervousness kicked in.

Although it was just a few seconds, it felt like an long torturous never ending hour till the door opened.

The door opened and Sophie looked at me  and froze. She looked into my eyes and I could clearly see the shock in them and after the initial shock wore off,  she smiled at me it was replaced by happiness.

She is happy to see me!

Seeing her happy put a smile in my own face. But the smile on her face soon faded away and was replaced by nervousness and ...hurt.

Probably remembering about those lies.

I internally grimaced, remembering my own words myself. But I didn't pay much attention to it and focused on her. She was looking at me shyly and I took the moment to look at her.

Her hair was in a messy bun above her head  and she was wearing a cotton shirt, probably because it looked really comfortable, with dark coloured shorts that left her legs bare from mid thigh. She had really long, smootg and well toned legs. I was really tempted to touch them and trail my hands through them untill-...

Stop with the dirty thinking!

Get a grip!

I mentally reminded myself and looked at Sophie. Her presence alone is enough to fill me with weird emotions.

Peace.

Warmth.

Happiness.

Lov-

Okay Alexander, now you're getting ahead of yourself.

"Hi."
I willed myself to speak first.

She shyly looked at me and asked,

"Mr. Rivera, what are you doing here?"

"I came here to.."

I took a deep breath and said finally,

"I came here to apologise. "

Seeing the determination in my eyes or probably the nervousness, she invited me inside her apartment. She led me towards the couch in the living room and offered me to sit. Sophie sat across from me in a long couch while I was in a love seat.

Her apartment looked really cozy and neat. Everything was in it's place and gave a homy feel to it.

Just like her.

"I brought this for you." I said as I gave her the bouquet.

Her eyes lit up instantly and a bright smile came upon her lips, seeing the beautiful flowers. She looked so cute.
She brought the flowers upto her cute little nose took a whiff of their sweet smell and closed her eyes, savoring it.

She opened her eyes and looked at me and this time her smile and the sparkle in her eyes were directed towards me.

"Thank you. They are beautiful."

I smiled genuinely, looking at her content face and started speaking again,

"Sophie. I.. I came here to apologise. Listen, what I said that -"

I was saying when Sophie interjected me with,

"It's okay Mr. Rivera. I totally understand. Besides you were right. I shouldn't have-"

I couldn't listen To her, taking all the blame when no one but me is at fault.

"No. No! You're completely not understanding. What I said that night was totally wrong and nothing but a big fat lie. Please forgive me for my behaviour. "

She was about to argue again when I said again,

"Please. Forgive me. I didn't mean any of that. Remember this. You're so much more to me."

She finally looked convinced and She kept staring at me the way I kept staring into her eyes.

She smiled looking at me and nodded slowly, letting me know that she accepted my apology. I then added,

"You know, you can call me Alexander or Alex when we are not in the office."

Honestly, I never gave this privilege to any of my previous assistants but Sophie is not just someone.
And I really wanted to hear her calling my name.

She looked reluctant for moment but replied with an 'okay'.

I smiled at her but my attention diverted when one of the doors, leading to her bedroom opened.

I looked at the person and it was...

A guy?!

AN:
What do you think about Alexander's feelings?

Please Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

115 Votes and I'll update next chapter.

Love you lots.❤❤

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

1.1M 32.6K 35
C O M P L E T E D "I love you" i said with tears rolling down my cheeks. "I have never loved you Mia , you were Just a quick Chick to fuck with." He...
466K 19.6K 73
I woke up in the morning and felt the pain in a place I've never hurt before. I took a peek at my own body, and my mind went blank. My eyes found a m...
80.4K 2.1K 39
Hello my fellow readers this book is now back on this platform, sorry that there is no picture beyond chapter 6 , I am still looking for the same one...
2.7M 119K 64
'where do u live?'. I text him and wait for a couple of seconds. Hmm...no reply. Nevermind. I change into my usual uniform and was about to put my dr...