Countdown

By Shortiesffs

Chrae ff x Not mines x Enjoy! More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Tweleve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five

Twenty-Two

646 22 3
By Shortiesffs

Liana was sitting up in bed, watching TV as Chris still was asleep. She was supposed to be enjoying a movie, having a moment to just relax, but she couldn’t. For one, the man that she was falling for was supposed to be her first murder victim or they both were gonna be Blacks, secondly, she was up puking her insides out half the night and couldn’t exactly pinpoint why…but she had a pretty good idea and it made her skin crawl.

Her mind was so clouded with a billion and one thoughts that she didn’t notice when Chris got outta bed and went to the bathroom, redressed and was out in twenty minutes tops. “Yo.” He snapped his fingers in her face, getting her attention. “What’s up with you? I’ve been talking and you ain’t respond not once.” He frowned, cocking his head back.

“I’m sorry, I was day dreaming.”

“Well stop and get dressed.” He pecked her lips and walked to the door. “I owe you a date.”

                                                                            ~

After stopping at Chris house for him to change his clothes and he begged Liana to make them breakfast, they were on their way back out the door. Chris gave Liana the option to pick wherever she wanted to go and she decided on Six Flags. “I wanna get on that roller coaster.” Chris said in a child-like voice and pointed to the Viper.

“I’ll pass.” Liana mumbled, still dizzy from the ride they just got off.

“You picked this place; we’re getting on all this shit.” Chris laughed, grabbing her hand and pulling her to size chart. “Hm, you barely make it.”

Liana laughed, pushing him away and rolling her eyes. “Shut the fuck up!” she stuck her tongue out and grabbed his hand as they stood in line to get on the ride. When they got off, Liana felt the breakfast, funnel cake, and everything else she ate making its way back up and she needed to get to a bathroom quick. “Hold on.” She quickly mumbled when they passed a rest room. Chris nodded, sitting on a bench and pulling out his phone to check his messages as Liana rushed in the bathroom. As soon as she got to a stall, she hovered over it and threw up everything. It took her a few moments to get herself together and when she did, she flushed and left out the stall. She sighed and pushed her hair back and looked up and was struck frozen.

On the mirror in a bold black ink it said: 13 days. She quickly looked around and didn’t see nor hear anything and without hesitation, she ran out the bathroom, nearly knocking a lady and her daughter down. “What’s wrong?” Chris asked, standing up as Liana ran to him with a pale face.

“I wanna go home.” She whispered, looking around and seeing nothing but smiling faces and little kids. Her paranoia clicked in and she felt like everyone was watching her. “Chris, take me home!” she shouted, stomping her foot when he didn’t move.

“What the fuck just happened?” he pushed her back, looking around like Liana did just seconds ago. “Did somebody do something to you?”

“No, I’m just tired and I wanna go home.”

Chris glared at her for a moment before rolling his eyes. “I’m tired of you keeping all these fucking secrets and shit.” He grabbed her hand, yanking her towards the exit. “I’m getting tired of all this bullshit.” He mumbled, too low for her to hear.

When they got back to Chris’ house, they went inside and Liana sat on the couch as Chris went upstairs. She looked around and quickly got up and went upstairs. She suddenly remembered the last time she was there and she didn’t want to be anywhere but under Chris right now. “Babe,” she called out as she went in his room. He was sitting on the bed, making a phone call.

He held his finger up as he exchanged a few words with whoever was on the line and hung up shortly. He looked at Liana, frustration clearly still on his face. “What?”

“I’m sorry.” She mumbled quickly, biting her lip and looking away from him. “I freaked out because I had a lot on my mind. Last night was very scary for me…”

Chris sighed then, standing up from the bed and walking passed her. “Come on.” He said, going downstairs.

“Where we going?” she asked, frowning and following behind him. He shook his head and pulled the front door open, ignoring her question until she asked again, a little louder this time.

“I’m taking you home.” Liana made a face and got in the car quietly. She didn’t know what just happened but she figured it wasn’t good.

When they pulled up at Alex’s, Liana couldn’t help the tears that began to roll down her face. She quickly got out the car, slamming the door and practically running in the house. She heard Chris calling after her, but that didn’t stop her little legs from carrying her straight upstairs to her room. She slammed the door and threw herself on the bed, finally letting all her pent up emotions out and into her pillow. She screamed until her throat hurt, and cried until her eyes couldn’t produce another tear.

After hours and hours of just laying there, she finally got up and showered. She changed her clothes and had on only her robe. She groaned as she thought about leaving her room, due to her hunger and went downstairs. There was a bunch of commotion in the game room and she went in to see all the guys enjoying a basketball game. She rolled her eyes and went in the kitchen, pulling the bread, butter, and cheese out and began to make herself a grilled cheese.

“Hey,” she quickly turned around, her eyes wide as Jordan came in the kitchen. He laughed at her facial expression and she calmed down, shaking her head. “you okay?”

“I’m fine.” She mumbled, cutting her sandwich in two and going to the fridge, taking out the jar of pickles and cutting one into slices before putting it inside the sandwich. Jordan made a face and shook his head. “Where’s Rashad?”

“You mean Chris?” he asked, cocking his head back.

No, I mean Rashad. Where is he?” she frowned, taking a bite of the sandwich and leaning against the counter.

“He’s not here, but Chris is on his way. He told me to stay to make sure you don’t go anywhere.”

“What the fuck?!” she spat, rolling her eyes and storming from the kitchen, going up to her father’s office. “Daddy, I need to talk to you.”

“Sure princess, what’s up?” Alex frowned once he saw what she was eating, but just laughed it off.

“Why haven’t you got your guys going after Black?” Liana mumbled, tilting her head to the side.

Alex sighed, sitting back in his chair and shaking his head. “It’s not that simple…”

“Oh fucking please!” Liana shouted, slamming the door close and walking to his desk. “Why is everything concerning him not that simple? He asks for money that you have and giving it to him is not that simple! He kidnaps me, rapes me, tries to fucking kill me and still it’s not that fucking simple! Do you even fucking care? It seems like Chris cares more than you do!”

“It’s more complex then just a small beef, Liana. The less you know the better.”

“Fuck that! I want to know and I wanna fucking know now, dad.” She snapped, throwing her half eaten sandwich in the trash can and sitting down, crossing her legs. “Why are they after me? And Chris? Huh? Why do they want to kill him?”

“Liana,” he started, sighing and opening a drawer and pulled out a picture of Liana’s mom. “Brent, or Black, and I were friends. When you were younger, we got into a terrible misunderstanding that ended badly. Chris was just a kid when I first met him, probably fifteen or sixteen. He had potential, you know?” he paused, eyeing the picture. “I gave him a job to do, to see if he had what it took, and he did.”

“What was the job?” Liana asked, not quite understanding where the story was going.

“Because Black and I were enemies, I had to do whatever it took to prove I wasn’t the one to be fucked with. So I sent Chris to go kill him.”

“Wait—you said Chris was young…” Liana frowned, shaking her head.

“He was, but age didn’t mean shit. Anyway, I gave him a gun, told him to go shoot up Black’s car, and he did exactly that except it wasn’t Black. It was his wife and son.”

“So now he’s coming after me?!”

Alex nodded. “He killed your mother, but you were too young, and I guess deep down somewhere he had a heart and didn’t kill my ten year old child, but he said it wasn’t over and it started back up. They eventually found out Chris was the one to do it; still not sure why they’re waiting so long to kill him.”

“Because they want me to do it…” Liana whispered, her face flushing pale. “Last night, Katie and I were set up and Black said he’s giving me two weeks to kill Chris or he’s gonna kill us both.” She shook her head. “But, the money? What money?”

“That’s from another feud; he believes I stole a few kilos from him, but I get the first shipment and my supply is always the best, so I have no reason to steal from anyone. You weren’t involved in that, I guess they’re trying to kill two birds with one stone.” Liana cringed at his choice of words, standing up from the seat and shaking her head. “You alright?”

“I’m fine.” She snapped, not meaning to. “This is bullshit, if I die, just know it’s your fault!” she left out, slamming the door after her and was heading back to her room until she saw Rashad coming in the house carrying two duffle bags. “Rashad!” she called out, jogging to him.

“Wassup Li?”

“I need to talk to you.” She whispered as Jordan made his way over to them.

“What’s up?” he huffed, dropping the bags on the floor. “Take this shit to Quan and them and tell them to separate it.” Jordan nodded skeptically. He made a face at Liana and bit his lip, grabbing the bags and walking away. “Talk about what?”

“Upstairs…” she grabbed his hand, taking him to her bedroom and closing the door. She leaned her back against it and stared at the floor. “I have a major problem and I think only you could help me with it.”

“Uh, okay…” he frowned, sitting on her bed.

“Okay, uh, Black said I only have two weeks to kill Chris. He stalked us today while we were at Six Flags and I can’t tell Chris because he’ll flip and end up getting us all killed. I’m counting down the days and once day fourteen hit, we’ll both be dead. I need your help, Rashad.” She rushed out, taking a deep breath once she was done.

“Wow, okay, first of all, when did he tell you this?”

“My friends’ boyfriend set us up and took us to him.”

“The friend that helped you get the info?” Liana nodded. “I’ll see what I can do, but before the two weeks are up, we have to tell Chris, you know.”

“I know, but, don’t let him know now.” He nodded, standing from the bed and sighing. Liana smiled and bit her lip. “Don’t do anything crazy.”

“Dealing with you? Everything is fucking crazy.” He rolled his eyes playfully, laughing when Liana stuck her tongue out.

“Shut up nigga.” She pulled her door open and saw Chris coming up the stairs. She gasped, quickly closing the door back. “Shit, Chris is coming!” she whispered harshly, looking around.

“So what?” Rashad frowned, shrugging.

“He’s gonna see you in here with me, and flip out! You know how he is!” Rashad sucked his teeth and went to open the door when Chris knocked but Liana pushed him back. “Stop!”

“Liana, calm down.” Rashad mumbled, pulling her robe string and it came loose as he opened the door.

Chris stood there dumbfounded for a moment, looking as Liana tied her robe back. “What the fuck?” he finally spat, gripping Rashad and pulling him out the room and slamming him against the wall.

“Chris, fucking stop!” Liana shouted, pulling him off Rashad, pushing him in her room. “I knew you were gonna over-fucking-react! I needed to talk to him, nothing happened, chill out!”

“Talk to him? Half fucking naked?!” he shouted back, glaring at Rashad and slamming her bedroom door in his face. “If I find out you fucking him, yo.”

“Shut the fuck up!” Liana yelled at the top of her lungs, balling her fists and punching him in the chest. “You are so fucking stupid, Christopher! The only nigga I’m fucking is your dumbass, you piece of dipshit, what the hell?!” she huffed, feeling her anger build up until she only saw red. He was pissing her the fuck off. “You’re so fucking dumb, I don’t know why I put up with this bullshit.”

“Well, what the fuck you expect me to think?”

“That I’m not a fucking cheater!” she said with wide eyes, pushing him back. “Seriously, you owe me that much.”

“You right, and I’m sorry.” Chris smirked. He grabbed her waist and lifted her up. Liana groaned and wrapped her arms and legs around him. “Can I make it up to you?” he pecked her lips, then, kissed her neck.

“Fine.” She giggled when he laid her down and just like that, she wasn’t upset anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 794 34
It's Camilla's turn now..read the first book if your lost
64.8K 2.3K 29
Book 3 from the Lingering Bet series. Hope you enjoy. Jordan is going through things. As her actions that's tearing apart her family lead back to som...
1.2M 48.4K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

138K 3.2K 46
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...