My Devotion To You [Komahina...

By KittyAngora

How can love give us that warm, bubbly feeling? There are different versions or scenarios of how we meet our... More

Heavy Burdens Off Their Chests
Lovesick
I'm Sorry, But I Love You
Staggering Through Twilight Hours
Imprisoned Within Desire
An Idiot in Love
Relationships Are Complicated
The Haunted House
Knight in Shining Armor
Falling for You
For You, Anything
Love Nest
'Til Death Do Us Part
Complete and Utter Devotion

Love as Sweet as Honey

7.4K 203 873
By KittyAngora

"Hey," a voice arose Izuru from his slumber, "It's time to get up, sleepyhead."

        Izuru buried himself deeper into the sheets. The voice slowly faded away as Izuru gradually retreated into a dreamless sleep.

CLICK

Izuru winced against the bright, artificial light that filled the room.

"Geez, how long does it take you to get up?"

Izuru slowly blinked open his eyes, trying to correct his blurry vision.

"Damn, you look like a mess."

Having finally recognized the irritating voice, Izuru sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Why are you here?"

"What?" Hajime scoffed, "Like it's not allowed for a guy to check up on his little brother."

"I was under the presumption that I was born first."

Hajime sat on the corner of the bed, "I'm pretty sure we were mixed up once or twice, so I'm probably the oldest."

"There's a fifty percent probability that you are incorrect," Izuru informed him.

"Like, what if you're Hajime and I'm Izuru?" Hajime questioned excitedly, "Wouldn't that be awesome?"

       It was about three minutes later when Hajime stopped talking that he realized his brother had once again fallen into a deep sleep.

"Pay attention here," Hajime shook his brother awake, "There's something important you have to hear."

"Does it involve you moving a great distance away from my apartment?"

"Not really, but-"

"Then, I do not wish to speak to you," Izuru turned off the light.

CLICK

Hajime turned it back on, "It's sabotage! That Togami guy has it out for me!"

"Could this have waited until the morning?"

"The hell are you talking about?" Hajime pointed at the alarm clock, "It's already morning!"

Izuru glanced at the clock, "Hajime, it is four in the morning."

"The early bird gets the worm," Hajime told him, "I told you it's the morning. Now, will you listen to what I say?"

Izuru sighed, "Very well, I shall listen to your story. However, you must promise to leave me alone for the rest of the day."

"Alright, so you know how I'm training to become a detective, right?"

Izuru nodded, "I am aware."

"And how I'm an officer right now, right?"

"I find it incredible that someone was foolish enough to hand you a firearm."

"Hey!" Hajime glared at his brother, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Do you have any intention on continuing, or will you allow me to sleep?"

"Anyways, that asshole decided to assign me to community service!"

"Officers of the law are required to serve their community."

Hajime continued his rant, "Of all the places that could send me, he decides to send me to kindergarten!"

"You could use more practice on the alphabet," Izuru retorted.

"Shut up," Hajime grumbled.

"I do not understand where your concerns lie," Izuru continued, "Most would consider your job easy."

"That's the problem. Everyone else got assigned places to awesome places!" Hajime whined, "I wanted to go to the prison, but Togami chose Nekomaru over me!"

"Of course, that would be the more reasonable choice. After all, Nekomaru is more physically intimidating."

"What? I can be intimidating!"

Izuru sighed, "If you wish to go to the prison that badly, I can always file harassment complaints."

"I've always been nice to you!" Hajime retorted, "If anything, you should be arrested for being mean."

Izuru rolled his eyes, "This is the fourth time this week that you have woken me up before sunrise."

"Why're you complaining? I'm the one who has to teach about safety to toddlers."

"Kindergartners," Izuru corrected.

Hajime grumbled, "Same difference. The point is I'm stuck with a lame assignment while everyone else gets to do cool things!"

"If that is all you have to divulge with me," Izuru pulled the covers over his head, "I would like to sleep now."

"Sheesh," Hajime stood up, "When did you get so grumpy?"

"Switch off the lights on your way out."

"Okay, okay," Hajime flicked the light switch off, "I get it, you need your beauty sleep. Oh! Did I tell you about-?"

"Leave!"

Around two in the afternoon...

'Damn,' Hajime rubbed the back of his neck, 'Kids can be such a hassle.'

"Hello?" Hajime felt someone tap his shoulder, "Officer?"

"Yeah? What can I help you with-?" Hajime's breath caught in his throat as he turned around when he locked eyes with an attractive stranger.

"Are you alright?" the stranger asked.

"Wha-?" Hajime swallowed, "Yup, totally fine. No problems here!"

"Here," the smiling stranger offered a bottle of water, "I thought you might need this."

Hajime quickly retract his hand after touching the water bottle, "It's freezing cold!"

"Oh, I'm sorry," the stranger blushed, "Since it's pretty hot out, I thought cold water would be preferable."

"It's fine," Hajime took the bottle, "I was just surprised by how cold it was."

"The heat can be quite unimaginable at this time of year," the stranger told him, "That's why I was surprised to hear that you'd be joining us today, Officer Hinata."

Hajime choked on his water, "H-how do you know my name?"

The stranger blinked at Hajime, "But, your name is on your badge."

"Can't believe I forgot about that," Hajime muttered under his breath.

"Are you really alright, Officer?" the stranger cautiously asked.

Hajime straightened his uniform, "Just peachy. Since you know my name, it's only fair that I know yours."

The stranger smiled as held out his hand, "I'm Nagito Komaeda, one of the teachers here at Hope's Peak Elementary."

Hajime shook the hand, "Komaeda? That's right! You're the kindergarten teacher I'm supposed to speak to!"

The teacher nodded, "I'm sorry you had to come in this blistering heat, Officer Hinata. I scheduled for an officer to come in autumn," he sighed, "I have no idea why the precinct would send someone over in this weather. I really do apologize for the inconvenience."

Hajime sighed, "It's not like I had anything else better to do."

"But, I'm sure you could have found some use in your time than teaching children about safety."

"Kids are going to be staying out more now that the weather is nice. I guess it would make more sense for me to come now than in the colder months."

"I guess that's true, Officer Hinata."

Hajime sighed, "It's Hajime, not Officer Hinata."

The teacher was taken back, "A-are you sure? That would be quite informal of me."

Hajime closed the cap on the water bottle, "I don't mind. We'll be in here for a while, so we might as well get used to each other."

"Alright, then you can call me Nagito."

'Nagito,' Hajime mused, 'What a nice name.'

Hajime beamed, "So, let's get along!"

A few weeks later...

"Hey, Nagito!"

The albino was in the midst of putting an item in the shopping cart, "Hajime? What're you doing here?"

Hajime held up box of cereal, "Just shopping."

"I've never seen you out of uniform," Nagito tapped his chin, "You look so... normal."

Hajime raised an eyebrow, "What? Did you think those were the only pair of clothes I have in my closet?"

"Maybe?" Nagito admitted.

"Have you ever thought about if I had pajamas?"

"You could sleep in uniform so you're ready whenever you get on call," Nagito pointed out.

"Yeah, but then it'd get wrinkled and I wouldn't have enough time to iron them."

"Or you could sleep without any clothes on."

Hajime sighed, "It's certainly getting hot enough where I may consider doing that."

"You don't?" Nagito asked, "You just seem like that kind of person."

Hajime grew flustered, "What makes you think I'm that kind of person? Are you the kind of person to do that?"

"I hardly think it's appropriate for an officer to ask a citizen about that. Besides, shouldn't you be outside saving the world from crime?" Nagito teased.

"Well, a hero has got to eat sometime." Hajime sighed, "I thought I'd freeze to death in the frozen foods aisle."

Nagito nodded, "There's such a long line to get to the frozen yogurt and ice cream."

Hajime brightly smiled, "But, I got the last box of frozen popsicles."

Nagito laughed, "You might want to lower your voice, Hajime. A lot of people would be willing to fight you for those."

"Hah! I can handle them without breaking a sweat," Hajime flexed his arm.

"I'm sure you can."

Hajime frowned, "I'm not kidding."

Nagito smiled, "I know, and I believe in your hope."

"Does that mean you believe in me, too?" Hajime asked.

Nagito nodded, "I'm sure you'll do great things as long as you have hope."

"I'm telling you, the world isn't going to change just because you hope it will."

"It will. You just have to hope for the future."

'He'll never change,' Hajime sighed, 'It's not like I want him too. It's just that... I'm afraid he'll get hurt if he believes that everything will magically get better if everyone in the world has hope.'

Nagito noticed Hajime's dejected face, "Hajime?"

"Oh, that's right," Hajime showed the box of popsicles, "One of the popsicle sticks is supposed to be a winner!"

Nagito curiously peered at the box, "For what exactly?"

"Maybe a million yen!" Hajime excitedly told him.

"I doubt they'd give out a million yen for a popsicle stick."

"Now, wait a second. Who's the one who's been telling me to have hope?"

"Hajime, that's highly unlikely."

Hajime scoffed, "And world peace is."

Nagito sighed, "I guess I have no choice but to humor you."

"Anyways," Hajime approached Nagito's cart, "What is it that you have in here?"

"It's just some food," Nagito told him.

"Food?" Hajime rummaged through the shopping cart, "This isn't food!"

Nagito crossed his arms, "I'd beg to differ."

"Soda, chips, popcorn..." Hajime looked at Nagito, "None of these are healthy for you!"

"There's also noodles in the-"

"Instant ramen isn't at all nutritious!" Hajime continued to look through the cart, "Geez, what am I going to do with you?"

"Hajime," Nagito insisted, "I'm perfectly fine of taking care of myself."

"Clearly, you're not," Hajime paced around the aisle, "That's it. You're coming to my place for dinner."

"What?" Nagito started, "I'm capable of cooking for my-"

"No arguments," Hajime took Nagito's arm, "We're going to the checkout counter and immediately back to my place."

Nagito tried to pull his arm back, "Hajime, what about my cart?"

"There's no way I'm letting you eat that junk. And aren't you a teacher? You of all people should know what's good for you."

Nagito huffed, "I'm an adult, Hajime. I can make my own decisions."

Hajime rolled his eyes, "Some role model you are. Telling your students to do one thing while you do the other."

An hour and a half later...

"Wow, so this is where the great Officer Hinata lives," Nagito took in his surroundings.

Hajime shrugged, "It's not much yet. But, soon I'll get promoted to detective."

"And how's that coming along?"

"Pretty tough," Hajime admitted, "But I'll manage somehow."

"Honestly, I'm a little disappointed. I thought I'd get to ride in a police car."

"I don't drive it with me everywhere I go. Besides, I share it with my partner, Souda."

Nagito sighed, "How uncool. You don't even have your own."

"We're supposed to be talking about you. Don't go changing the subject."

"If I may ask, why did you bring me here?"

"Because obviously, you can't take care of yourself."

"But you didn't have to bring me here though."

"Just what are you getting at?" Hajime snapped.

Nagito hummed, "Usually when someone invites someone else to their home, there's an ulterior motive involved."

"Tch, you dumbass," Hajime huffed, "The only reason I'm helping you is because you're a citizen in desperate need of assistance and I'm an officer."

Nagito poked Hajime's shoulder, "You're sure it's not because you like me?"

"Pretty sure."

Nagito pouted as he stepped closer to Hajime, "Not even a little?"

Hajime blushed with how close Nagito's face was to his own, "It's not like I like you or anything. It's because I swore an oath to protect anyone who's in any sort of danger."

"Like me?" Nagito innocently asked.

"Y-yeah, like you," Hajime stammered.

Nagito softly smiled, "I'm glad you think I'm worthy enough to care for."

"Anyways," Hajime led Nagito into the kitchen, "Let's cook."

Nagito frowned, "But, I thought you were going to do it."

Hajime fumed, "I'm going to show you how to properly prepare actual food."

"Ramen is food. Why couldn't I have that?" Nagito muttered under his breath.

"Ow!" Nagito felt something hit the back of his head.

"You should be grateful that I'm offering you food," Hajime put down the oven mitt.

"But-"

"And if you're about to complain," Hajime took a frying pan out of the dishwasher, "I'll hit you with this. Now, hurry up and wash your hands!"

Nagito reluctantly complied as the pair began to prepare their dinner.

About 20 Minutes Later...

"...And you have to cut it like this," Hajime demonstrated to Nagito.

Nagito was just about to cut the carrots when...

"That's wrong!"

Nagito slightly jumped, "You don't have to yell, Hajime. Use your inside voice."

"I won't yell if you hold the knife correctly," Hajime scolded, "This is taking a lot longer than it should."

Nagito shrugged, "If I'm inadequate at cutting carrots, then there's no use for me here. Now, if you'll excuse me..."

Hajime's eyes narrowed, "Don't think you're getting out of this so easily."

"I never asked for your help," Nagito bit the insides of his cheeks.

"Look, it's not that hard. I'll show you," Hajime clasped both of Nagito's hands as he began to cut the carrots.

       It was silent in the room, aside from the bubbling stew and the chopping. Hajime lent in a bit closer to Nagito, 'He's been cutting them in such large pieces.' Hajime smelt a faint scent of something as the two continued to chop the carrots, 'What's that smell? It smells so warm and inviting. It can't be any of the ingredients we're cooking. None of them could ever smell this sweet.' Hajime gave off a frustrated sigh, 'It smells like vanilla, but I don't remember adding any to the-' Hajime swallowed, 'Didn't Nagito say he uses vanilla shampoo? It really smells nice. Wait, what am I thinking? Focus, Hajime. You're here to cook this idiot a proper, healthy meal. All you have to do is finish chopping these carrots, and you two can eat in silence. Yeah, no big deal. Just focus.'

"Hajime?"

Hajime nearly jumped out of his skin, "Y-yes?"

"You keep intensely staring at the carrot."

"R-really?" Hajime hoped Nagito didn't hear his voice crack, "It's just that I'm so focused."

"But, your hands keep shaking," Nagito pointed out.

"It's just that-"

"And your face is flushed red, too."

Hajime growled, "You know what? Carrots are stupid."

Nagito tilted his head, "I don't get it, Hajime."

"We're not going to use dumb carrots in our stew."

"But, you said-" Nagito started.

"Just don't question my judgement!"

Nagito placed a hand on Hajime's shoulder, "We don't have to talk about it, if you don't want to."

"Then, stop talking about it!" Hajime shrugged the hand off.

"Alright, Hajime. Whatever you say..."

About an hour later...

"Wow, I had no idea home cooked food could taste so good!"

Hajime sighed, "That's just because you've been living on instant ramen."

"It doesn't even compare to this magnitude," Nagito grasped both of Hajime's shoulders with tears in his eyes, "I'm forever in your debt."

"Calm down," Hajime patted Nagito's hair, "I'm glad you liked it though."

Nagito smiled, "Hope tastes amazing."

Hajime groaned, "Why do I feel like I've done something wrong?"

"Wrong?"

"They say not to feed a stray animal, or else it'll come back."

Nagito huffed, "That's rude. You're the one who keeps coming back into my classroom."

"Yeah, for my job."

"So, Hajime," Nagito asked him, "What're your commands?"

"Commands?" Hajime raised an eyebrow.

"Since, I did eat the food you prepared for me, it's only fair that I do something for you in return."

"You don't have to do that. I'm perfectly content with you enjoying my food."

Nagito persisted, "There has to be something. I know! I'll let you do anything to me in exchange!"

Hajime swallowed, "Anything?"

"Anything," Nagito confirmed.

'Well, he did say I could do whatever I want to his body. His body?! Get a grip, Hajime! You're a police officer for crying out loud! Well, it's not like anyone could ever find out. You shouldn't be thinking such filthy thoughts about a guy you barely know! I mean, we're just spending time together. Wait, is this a date?'

Hajime felt his heart beat even faster, 'Oh shit, I think this is. Does Nagito think this is a date? What if he does? Is this his way of telling me to initiate something? Or, is this a test to see if I won't make a move on him? Gah! This is so confusing!'

"Have you made your decision, yet?" Nagito asked.

"C-can I save the favor for a later date?" Hajime nervously asked, "I need some time to think about it."

"Alright," Nagito gave Hajime a hug, "I'll see on Family Day."

"Family Day? Wait, is that a holiday?"

Nagito sighed, "Hajime, I know you come in to talk about safety, but you could at least pay attention to some of what I'm saying in class."

"It's hard enough to walk into a classroom without breaking down into tears. I shouldn't be forced to come back when I already did my time."

"You make it sound like prison, Hajime."

"Isn't it?" Hajime challenged.

Nagito crossed his arms, "Well, I guess I should be apologizing for forcing you come over."

Hajime winced, "I didn't mean it like that. You and the little rascals are what make my day. I'm really going to miss you when I have to leave at the end of the month."

Nagito's hard glaze softened, "And I'll miss you, too. It's not like I have that many friends who rid the streets of evildoers."

"And you can count me to save the day!"

"I sure will," Nagito laughed.

"Now, will you explain this Family Day to me?"

"It's more or less a day where we talk about our families. Oh, but we go on a picnic in the afternoon."

"A picnic, huh? Maybe I'll bring something."

"You don't have to join us. Not that I don't want you to join us," Nagito fumbled with hands, "It's just that I don't want you to waste your time with a bunch of children and a silly teacher."

Hajime smiled, "I don't think you're silly. Besides, it'll be fun."

"Alright, but just in case we run into some butterflies."

"I've fought hand-to-hand surrounded by a group of the yazkuza," Hajime proudly boasted, "I think I can handle a few butterflies."

"It's not good to lie, Hajime."

"But, it's true!" Hajime whined.

Nagito sighed, "I'm sure it is. Just like the other tales you tell the children."

"By the way, do you mind if I bring someone along?"

"Not at all. The more, the merrier."

Three days later...

BZZT BZZZT BZZT BZZZT

       Izuru Kamukura was enjoying a quiet morning when he heard the dreaded doorbell. Izuru never believed in something trivial like telepathy or clairvoyance, yet he always had great intuition when it came to his brother. If you were to ask him on that day why he opened that door, knowing full well of the potential consequences that came with doing so, Izuru Kamukura would tell you the same thing he's told his parents, his teachers, his classmates, and his brother; he was bored.

"Izuru, are you-"

"No," And thus, Izuru slammed the door closed.

'Perhaps, some solitude will give my mind a sense of tranquility,' Izuru thought as he prepared himself some coffee.

That was exactly ten minutes and twenty-eight seconds ago. Izuru was growing more irritated by the second with his brother's persistence.

BZZT BZZZT-

Izuru finally unlocked and opened the door before walking over the coffeemaker.

"It's about damn time you answered! Do you know how long I've been calling! What if I was in a car crash and dragged myself all the way here to tell you my final words?"

"Did you leave me anything?" Izuru asked.

"Well, no. But-"

"Then, you're useless to me."

"You little greedy piece of-," Hajime gave an exasperating sigh, "You know what? I'm going to be the bigger person and ignore what you just said. Anyways, are you ready for another twin adventure?"

Izuru narrowed his eyes, "I nearly perished last time I went on one of your little adventures."

"Come on," Hajime persisted, "You had fun."

"I was not aware that fun consisted of getting shot at."

"Okay, so maybe storming a yakuza hangout wasn't that great. But what about that beauty pageant, huh?" Hajime nudged Izuru with his elbow, "We got to check a lot of cute girls."

"Are you referring to the pageant you forced me in without my consent?"

"But, you love competitions! And you won, too!"

"It was only inevitable that I would win the competition," Izuru tossed his hair, "I am perfect, after all."

"See? It worked out for everyone."

"Not to the Enoshima girl who lost."

Hajime shrugged, "She can win other ones."

Izuru sighed, "That girl has one too many brain cells missing."

"Just because you won, doesn't mean you can bad mouth the other contestants."

Izuru glared at his brother, "Maybe you would have noticed if you ever stopped staring at her chest."

"I did not!" Hajime was flustered, "I'm a servant of justice! I would never-"

"What color were her eyes?"

"They were pretty," Hajime waved him off, "Now, if you were so concerned about fairness and equality, then you'd have come clean!"

"I refuse to interfere in a police investigation."

"I got you tons of money!"

"Money that comes from lies, deceit, and crushed dreams."

Hajime crossed his arms, "I don't see you returning that diamond crown anytime soon."

Izuru only quietly sipped his coffee as he was scrutinized by his twin.

"Is that coffee? I give me some," Hajime grabbed the mug from Izuru's hands and took a sip, "Gross, how the hell do you drink that stuff? Here," Hajime poured sugar and stirred milk into the coffee mug, "Now, it actually tastes decent."

Izuru stared longingly into the mug before pouring the contaminated coffee down the drain.

"Besides, I set you up with that cute guy, didn't I? He promises to keep his mouth shut and he doesn't care if you aren't a girl."

Izuru grimaced, "Are you referring to the senior citizen who tried to look up everyone's skirt?"

"He has a cane!" Hajime retorted, "Of course, he's going to fall a couple of times."

"He looked as though he were at the brink of death."

"I know you think you're a gift sent from heaven, but you've got to learn to lower your standards when it comes to dating."

"I refuse to date anyone sixty years older than myself."

"All the more reason for you to marry and get his life insurance."

Izuru shook his head, "Mother and father told me that now you are an officer, you have matured and changed."

"I am mature!"

"You are nothing more than a corrupt leech who feeds off the good nature of others."

"I'm not a leech! If anything, I'm a majestic lion!"

Izuru walked past Hajime and into the bedroom.

"Don't tell me you're going to sleep right after you woke up," Hajime pulled Izuru by the arm and out of the bedroom, "You've got to get ready for this afternoon."

"I never agreed to anything."

"It'll only be for an hour, at the most. There won't be that much to do there, so bring a book or something."

Izuru reluctantly agreed, "Where exactly are we going?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out."

"It sounds boring."

"Don't worry, there'll be plenty of excitement there."

"That remains to be seen."

"Anyways, there's another case I'll need your help with later this week."

"I am quite hesitant to ask what it is."

"So, I was strolling through the shady parts of town when I heard something. Apparently, there's supposed a huge human trafficking deal that's about to go down soon. In order for us to infiltrate their ranks, I need you to dress up like a prostitute and-"

SMACK

The afternoon (12:15pm)...

"Hajime!" Nagito waved him over.

"Hey," Hajime handed Nagito a picnic basket.

Nagito stumbled, "It's pretty heavy."

"That's because it's for you and the kids."

"How thoughtful of you," Nagito beamed at Hajime, "You didn't have to make any for me though."

Hajime turned away, "It was no big deal. There were a bunch of leftovers, so I thought to make you some."

Nagito smiled, "I would give you a hug right now, Hajime. But, my hands are full at the moment. So, I'll be sure to give you one later, okay?"

"O-okay," Hajime cleared his throat, "Where are little guys exactly?"

Nagito hummed, "I think about a few yards to your left."

"Alright, make sure you keep the kids occupied until I show up."

"I should probably go back to them now," Nagito took a step back before turning around, "Make sure you hurry up though. Everyone's waiting for you."

A few minutes later...

A little green-haired girl came up to Izuru, "Mr. Izuru, Monaca was wondering if you share superpowers with Mr. Hinata."

"If you are referring to things such a twin telepathy, then I regret to inform you that-"

Hajime suddenly felt a sharp kick to his back, "Hey! What'd you do that for?"

Izuru paused, "I may have felt a sensation around there... Perhaps a stick would be more efficient?"

The Nurses' Office...

"Eek!" a clattering of instruments could be heard, "I'm sorry, let me just pick these up and..."

THUMP

Hajime watched the school nurse suddenly lose her footing and land in a compromising position, "Um, do you need any help?"

"I'm fine!" she squeaked, "Sorry for the wait."

'Geez, now I feel bad for coming here with a few bruises.'

"Hajime, this is Mikan," Nagito gestured to trembling, messy-haired woman, "You'll be under her care for a while."

"I've been telling you two, I'm fine," Hajime tried to leave the bed only to gently pushed by Nagito.

"At least stay here for a little while," the teacher pleaded.

Hajime grumbled, "Only for five minutes."

"I'm sure your brother can handle them for a bit longer," Nagito smiled, "It was really astonishing to see the two of you. I thought you were going to bring one of those police dogs over."

"Well, you look disappointed," Hajime commented.

"Yeah," Nagito blushed, "I was really excited to see one."

"I'll try to arrange something. Maybe I could show you and the class around the precinct. There's also a shooting range nearby, if you want to learn."

"I already know to shoot, Hajime," Nagito told him, "I'm perfectly prepared for the zombie apocalypse."

"Zombie apocalypse?" Hajime laughed before wincing.

Nagito frowned, "I'm really sorry, Hajime. I'm not that good at controlling the class, yet. That's a failure on my part."

"Hey, look at your accomplishments and not your failures."

"Well, at least they stopped calling me Servant last week."

"See? You'll get there."

"Um," Mikan nervously stood, "I have a disinfectant for your left cheek."

"Huh?" Hajime reached up to touch it only to have Nagito pull his hand away.

"Don't touch it, Hajime. You don't want it to get infected, do you?"

"I guess not," Hajime hissed when he felt something sting his cheek.

"I'm sorry!" the nurse squeaked again, "You'll see, it'll only hurt for a little bit."

Nagito laughed softly, "That must've hurt a lot."

Hajime felt his cheeks heat up, "Why're you laughing? I saw how you didn't eat the tomatoes in your sandwich."

"They're slimy," Nagito shrugged.

Hajime rubbed his temple, "What am I going to do with you, Nagito?"

Nagito pouted, "Don't talk to me like that. In case you haven't noticed, I'm an adult."

"Starting next week, I'm bringing you lunch."

"What? Why?"

"Because you obviously can't fend for yourself."

"Yes, I can," Nagito mumbled, "How did you even get that cut anyways. It looks pretty fresh."

"Geez, he didn't have to hit me that hard," Hajime mumbled.

"What was that, Hajime?"

"I was just fighting some punks who tried to steal an old lady's bag." Nagito glanced worryingly at him, "The cut isn't that big, I can barely see it."

Nagito rummaged through the drawers, "Found it!"

"Found what?" Hajime asked.

"Band-Aids!" Nagito held out several boxes to Hajime, "I can't, in good conscious, let you leave with a chance of getting it infected."

"I don't need one if you're going to give me little kids' ones!"

"But, you have too!" Nagito persisted, "Now, which one do you want?"

Hajime mumbled, "The one with race cars..."

"Good choice!"

"I'll wear it, only if you kiss it bett-"

Hajime blushed as he felt something warm brush up against his cheek, "Y-you actually kissed me..."

"Now, you have to keep it on," Nagito smiled, "A promise is a promise!"

Hajime held up his hand, "A-and this hurts, too."

Nagito smiled as he kissed Hajime's hand. For some reason Hajime couldn't explain, he felt so happy.

Around 30 Minutes Later...

Hajime blinked as his eyes slowly adjusted to his surroundings, "Where am I?"

"We are still at the elementary school. Seven minutes have past since my required hour."

"Then, why're you still here?"

"The nurse had refused to let me leave your side. She said you needed moral support."

Hajime looked around, "Where's Nagito?"

"He has a class to teach," Izuru reminded him, "Do you know how tangled my hair is after you let your little ruffians play with it?"

"I'll help you brush out your hair later."

'It could've been nice if he could've stayed a little longer,' Hajime got up from the bed and began to stretch.

PING PING PING

"What's that?" Hajime asked.

"My social media alerts," Izuru replied as he typed on the phone.

Hajime narrowed his eyes, "Wait a minute, you don't have a social life. Is that my phone? Give it back."

Hajime snatched the phone from Izuru's and read the first thing on the screen: Local hero, Officer Hajime Hinata, was wounded when he was trampled by kindergarteners. Officer Hinata was knocked unconscious and remains in critical condition.

"How did you even get onto my phone?" Hajime angrily shoved his phone into his pocket.

"Our birthday is not the smartest choice in a password."

"Let's go, I'll deal with you later."

Hajime took the picnic basket from Izuru, "I hope you didn't eat any of the leftovers."

Izuru followed Hajime to the parking lot, "I find no pleasure in consuming something so mediocre."

"Shut it," Hajime opened the car door and put the picnic basket in the back seat, "I can leave your ass here."

"If I may inquire, why buy a picnic basket? Wouldn't a large container be more convenient than individually wrapping sandwiches?"

Hajime started the car, "Because I wanted to, okay? Now, stop talking and let me drive."

"I hear you may receive an award for your act of heroism in defying the children's will."

"Quit it, you're the one who told them to attack me."

"I did no such thing. Children are just impressionable creatures, that is all."

"I saw you talking to one of the children while we were eating lunch."

"Masaru Daimon," Izuru informed his brother, "The child was quite intriguing to talk to."

"Really? I don't think I've ever seen you talk to a grade-schooler before," the car came to halt at a red light, "Hold on, you aren't thinking of adopting, right? Because I would make an awesome uncle."

"I have no intention of becoming a permanent babysitter to another noisy, messy, needy child to add on the strain and burden managing you takes."

"I don't need a babysitter!"

"And if I were to adopt one for whatever reason, I would not let you be within a ten-mile radius of that child."

"Come on!" Hajime poked Izuru, "I'll walk your kid to the park everyday."

Izuru ignored him, "When I saw that child, he reminded of someone I know. One with such an ambition and spirit like his, shouldn't go to waste."

"He reminded you of someone?" the light turned green, "Like who?"

"You."

Two weeks later...

"Yo, Hajime!"

"Huh?" Hajime looked up from the paperwork, "Souda, what're you going here?"

"Uh, I work here?" Souda scratched his head "What's the matter with you, man? You've been out of it all week."

"Oh, right."

"Dude, you're seriously bringing the whole station down with that attitude. Are you reliving that time you got your ass handed to you by those two-year olds?"

"They're five!"

"Same difference," Souda shrugged, "At least you won't have to deal with them after this week."

"I guess..."

"Then, why're you so bummed out, man? You're finally getting promoted to detective! Isn't that good news enough? Even I wasn't this much of a when Miss Sonia went back to Novoselic."

"Being a detective isn't everything," Hajime told him.

"But, it's been your dream ever since you got here. Don't tell me that's not enough! Are you really aiming to be the next lieutenant?"

"Nope," Hajime slouched further into his seat, "Even I know to quit while I'm ahead."

"I know that look! It's the despair that sinks in once you realize you'll never get your happily ever after."

Hajime sighed, "Are you satisfied?"

"Hell no!" Souda slammed his palms on the desk, "You didn't even tell me you liked someone. I thought we were partners, man. Partners are supposed to have a bond thicker than blood. That means no secrets, either!"

"It's more like I was dumb enough not to say anything before."

"Then, say something now."

Hajime groaned, "I want to, but I feel like I'm misreading some signals. I could just be wrong, and he could just be nice to everyone."

"You mean the teacher of the kids who beat you up, right?" Souda paused, "Actually, don't. He might've been the one who orchestrated the entire attack."

"That was Izuru," Hajime placed his head down on the desk, "What if I do say something and he rejects me? What if he's dating someone already?"

"All the more reason to tell him, you have nothing to lose!"

"But, what if-?"

"Dude, don't stress your brain out. That's your brother's job. Why don't you just go for it?"

"Alright, I'll do it," Hajime grabbed his coat from chair and bolted for the door.

"W-wait, now? You haven't finished your paperwork yet!"

"I'll do it later!" Hajime called over his shoulder.

The evening...

       Nagito was awoken in the midst of dosing off while reading when he heard a knocking at the door. He yawned as he twisted the doorknob open, 'Who could it be this late?'

"Hajime?" Nagito asked, "What're you doing here?"

"T-these are for you," Hajime shoved a bouquet of roses in Nagito's face.

"Hajime..." Nagito started.

"Just take them already!" Hajime snapped, "Don't forget, you need to put those in a vase."

"I know how to care for plants, Hajime," Nagito pointed out, "But, why are you giving me roses?"

Hajime rubbed the back of his neck, "There was a book I was reading once that talked about roses are the best flowers for a situation like this."

"What was so urgent that you needed dozens of roses?" Nagito asked, "You've always been so confus-"

       Nagito was interrupted by a brief, yet savory kiss. He could feel heart melt with each passing second Hajime's lips were on his. The air swirled around them as the two continued their sweet kiss. Nagito's heart hammered against his chest as Hajime broke off the kiss. Hajime's cheeks were flushed red, as he tried to stop his panting.

"I know I'm not really the best guy out there. I'm not the smartest or the greatest guy in the universe. And I know you can do a whole lot better than some boring guy like me. I may be a police officer, but half the time I'm buried in paperwork or chasing after bike thieves," Hajime looked confidently at Nagito, "However, if you were to give me a chance despite all that, I'll try my damn hardest to make you the happiest person alive."

"I... don't know what to say, Hajime," Nagito rubbed his arm, "I wouldn't mind spending being in a relationship with you. Really, I would want for that more than anything in the world, but..."

Hajime held up his hand, "Look, I get it. You don't have to force yourself. More than anything, I want you by my side," Hajime swallowed, "So, having your friendship is good enough for me."

"T-that's not what I meant!" Nagito blurted out, "I mean, I'm just really unlucky when it comes to romance."

"Then, you just haven't met the right person yet, right? I could the right one, if you'd let me."

"The last couple of people I dated turned out to be the worst luck I had," Nagito continued, "Two of them got into an accident, five are in jail, and I think the last one was in a cult."

"Wow."

Nagito nodded, "That's why I think it would be for the best if you stay away from me."

Hajime scoffed, "I'm a detective. I think I can handle anything that comes my way."

"Except children," Nagito laughed, "They can be quite vicious."

"I only let them have the upper hand to give them proper combat training."

"Well, I'm sure the children would love to have another combat lesson with you," Nagito paused, "Did you say something about detectives?"

Hajime nodded, "Yeah, I kind of got promoted the other week."

Nagito gasped, "Hajime, why didn't you tell me this earlier? I would've brought some cake over to celebrate."

"Well, that's the thing," Hajime scratched his cheek, "One of my friends, Teruteru, owns a fancy, high-end restaurant. He said I could reserve a private party in honor of my promotion. It'd be pretty sad if I couldn't bring a date to my own party."

"But, what about my luck?" Nagito asked.

"What about it?"

"You could die, Hajime!" Nagito cried out, "I'll never be able to forgive myself if anything happens to you!"

Hajime put a hand on Nagito's shoulder, "Nothing bad is going to happen. I'm Detective Hinata, after all. Awesome boyfriend by day, solving crimes by night."

"Boyfriend?" Nagito frowned, "Don't get ahead of yourself. You haven't even taken me out on a date once."

"Then, Mr. Komaeda," Hajime bowed, "I invite you dine with only the town's finest, Hajime Hinata."

Nagito tapped his chin, "Wouldn't the finest be the captain? You're pretty low on the hierarchy, Hajime."

"Come on," Hajime pouted, "I'm begging on my hands and knees here..."

"Alright," Nagito smiled, "I guess I have no choice but to accept your offer."

"Yes!" Hajime pumped his fist in the air, "You won't regret this, I promise!"

Nagito smiled, "Don't worry, I'm sure I won't."

      As summer came to a close and autumn steadily approached, the two would often find each other strolling outside with their hands intertwined. Their love bloomed in the summer, yet remained joyous and promising throughout the seasons.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 14.5K 32
He fills your heart with a beautiful song of hope and despair. Will he ever hear it? Contains spoilers for Danganronpa 1, 2, 2.5, and 3! Takes place...
128K 4.2K 20
Nagito Komaeda was a seemingly normal teenage boy,but in reality he was the farthest thing from normal. He attends the infamous school, Hopes Peak Ac...
401K 11.6K 33
‼️WARNING‼️Before you read, this is a story about stalking, it's kinda messed up and there's a thin border between consent and it's lack throughout t...
6.7K 152 8
Hajime Hinata is a hard working actress. She has been through hell making her way to the top. Doing everything she can to earn money for her family a...