Chasing Dreams {Book 2: Chasi...

By arty_writes

After having her seventh year at Hogwarts come to an abrupt end, Audrey McCarthy has a long summer ahead of h... More

Chapter 1: A Rude Introduction
Chapter 2: Playing With Fire
Chapter 3: A Chat With The Girls
Chapter 4: Family Reunion
Chapter 5: Dinner With the Weasleys
Chapter 6: My Worst Enemy
Chapter 7: Ron- The Best Friend Ever
Chapter 8: Date With Disaster
Chapter 10: The Truth Revealed
Chapter 11: Taking Sides
Chapter 12: "Heaven's No!"
Chapter 13: Welcome Home
Chapter 14: A Mother's Intuition
Chapter 15: Dress Shopping
Chapter 16: Saved by Shoes
Chaper 17: I Do
Chapter 18: Cake and Confrontation
Chapter 19: Rest and Relaxation
Chapter 20: An Unexpected Discovery
Chapter 21: A Change in Plans
Chapter 22: Fire
Chapter 23: Burned Bridges
Chapter 24: Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 25: You Got Me
Chapter 26: Nothing at All
Chapter 27: Believe Me
Chapter 28: A Woman Scorned
Chapter 29: Party Crashing
Chapter 30: Chasing Her Dreams
Author's Note!

Chapter 9: Practically Family

1.8K 81 23
By arty_writes

Hey guys! Finally got some internet that will load this chapter with no problem! I originally wanted to make this chapter longer, and include the next bit in it, but I figured that you all wouldn't want to read an 8 page chapter. =P So the big event will be next chapter!

Hope you all enjoy this! Hopefully I will have a chapter for We Belong Together up later today too! =)

******************************************************************************************

"Everything is alright... if I just breathe." –Breathe, Michelle Branch

Standing outside under a willow tree on the Weasley property, Audrey had her forehead pressed against Draco's. He was finally about to head off towards home after dinner. The girl could tell he was a bit worried, even if he was trying to cover it up. Dinner had not gone the way it was planned. After the argument that had broke out between Draco and Harry, the whole tone of the conversation changed, and not for the better.

"I'm sorry for ruining dinner," he said quietly.

"You didn't ruin anything Draco," Audrey tried to assure him. "Honestly, I am a little upset about the way you handled Harry's outburst, but it wasn't like I hadn't expected it." When the frown didn't dissipate from his face, Audrey sighed. "I'll talk to them in a bit, mmkay? I'm not sure what good it'll do, but I'll try."

A small smile twitched at the corners of his mouth. "Thanks," Draco said back. "I mean... you really don't have to do this. By all means I should just deal with it..."

The girl pulled away from him slightly. "Draco... just shut up." She pulled him into a kiss, hoping that would be reassuring enough for him. Audrey knew she had startled him a bit, but after a few moments, Draco relaxed into it and kissed her back. Audrey hadn't meant for it to turn into anything big but soon she found herself pressed between Draco and the tree, lips still interlocked in a passionate kiss. Admittedly, the girl didn't mind being like this, at least until she noticed they weren't alone.

As she felt Draco start slowly kissing down her jaw line, she opened her eyes, glancing up to see Nicole looking out the window, shaking her head at them. "Draco," she muttered, wishing she didn't have to stop him, or keep her hormones in check, "we're being watched."

Before she was able to say that, Draco had gotten to her neck, and the brunette was sure he had left a mark. "Oh," was all he muttered in response before he pulled away from her, turning to look where Audrey had been staring. "Well, if they want a show..." The blond started to shrug off his jacket.

"Draco, no," Audrey found herself laughing at the act. "It's fine."

He smirked before fixing his jacket. "If you say so, darling," he replied. "Well... I suppose I'll let you do what you got to do, and I'll go try to figure out what I'll do next if this doesn't work out."

Audrey rolled her eyes at him. "It'll be fine; I promise." She stood on her tip toes and kissed him on the cheek. "Now you go home and tell your parents hi for me."

"I will, I will," he promised. "Send an owl after you talk to them okay?"

Audrey nodded. "Mmkay, shouldn't be too long." She paused for a moment before glancing between the ground and him. "I love you."

"I love you too," Draco said. He pulled away from her, taking a few steps back. "I'll see you soon." And with a small popping noise, he was gone.

Audrey sunk back against the tree for a moment, reliving the moment in her head for just a few more seconds. It hadn't changed since the first time they had kissed; Draco still took her breath away, that was certain. When the girl opened her eyes, she saw Nicole standing in front of her, arms crossed and an expectant look upon her face.

"Well, that was an intriguing scene," her friend smiled evilly.

"What in the name of Merlin are you talking about?" Audrey tried to play stupid.

Nicole shook her head. "Well, by the looks of it you two were about seconds away from having very public relations." She looked at her friend, a serious look all too apparent in her blue eyes. "And at Momma Weasley's house? Shame on you."

Audrey rolled her eyes. "You know better than to think that," she said matter-of-factly, rubbing her neck. "I would never disrespect Mrs. Weasley like that."

Nicole noticed her friend massaging her neck and reached over to move her hand. She shook her head. "Wow... we better get that covered up before someone notices other than me." She pulled Audrey towards the house, and straight into Ginny's room, not stopping to talk to anyone.

Nicole sat Audrey down in front of a mirror before handing her some makeup. "Here; take this and cover it up. We'll worry about fixing it up later."

Audrey raised an eyebrow at her. "I'm not going to ask you how you know about this kind of stuff, but believe me when I say that I already knew what I needed to do. Last thing I want to do is go talk to Mrs. Weasley with a huge mark on my neck. That surely won't help my case."

That remark made Nicole curious. "Why do you need to talk to her?"

As Audrey began applying the makeup, she answered, "Well... I just want to hear her thoughts on what happened today, and stuff like that."

Nicole leaned against the wall, looking at her friend with interest. "I'm sure it'll work out okay. I mean... yea Draco and Harry got into it at dinner, but can she honestly say she didn't expect that? They've always hated each other."

"I know, I know, but he did kinda go a little too far with the comment about Harry's parents," Audrey admitted. "So I'm wondering if that was the straw that broke the horse's back, know what I mean?"

Nicole nodded. "Well, she should be in the kitchen washing the dishes. Go talk to her if it's bugging you that much."

Audrey glanced at her neck in the mirror before standing. "Wish me luck."

The brunette went back down the stairs, and made her way into the kitchen, where sure enough she found Molly cleaning the dishes from the dinner. The girl leaned against the countertop, and she took some of the clean dishes and began drying them. It didn't take long for Molly to notice.

"You know you don't have to help me, dear," she stated.

"I know that, but I figured you could use some company at least," Audrey said. "Besides, I'm a little baffled as to why you aren't using magic to clean them."

Molly shrugged. "Sometimes manual labor works better than magic."

"Makes sense I suppose," Audrey rationalized, stacking the dry plates on top of each other. "So err... there's something I wanted to talk to you about."

Molly looked over at the girl with interest. "And what is that?"

"Well... I was curious about your thoughts on... Draco," Audrey answered quietly, part of her not wanting to know the answer to her inquiry.

Molly turned the water off and shifted to face Audrey. "If nothing else, I can tell he cares about you a lot. The way his eyes lit up when he looked at you, the way he talked about you... the boy definitely loves you." She paused for a second, taking a deep breath. "Now I know that he and Harry have never gotten along, but his outburst was a bit uncalled for."

Audrey frowned slightly. "I knew you were going to say that. And I apologize for that, but I don't think he's the only one to blame for the incident. Harry is partially to blame as well."

"Very true," Molly agreed. "It seems likely that we will never be able to make them get along. But I digress... other than that mishap he seems to have changed significantly for the better. And I thought I would never say this, but... despite the incident with Harry, Draco Malfoy seems to be reformed, and as far as I'm concerned, fine to marry you."

Audrey's eyes widened for a moment. "You really mean that?"

"Yes dear," Molly insisted. "Who am I to judge you or anyone else on whom they love? As long as he makes you happy I'm okay with that."

A huge smile formed on Audrey's face. "I'm glad to hear that. It means a lot to me. I was worried you guys were going to hate him just as much as my parents do."

Molly shrugged. "There's no point in hating anyone, especially not when they're going to be practically family."

"Practically family?" the girl raised an eyebrow to that remark. What was Molly talking about?
"Well... if you trace our family far back enough, the Weasleys are related to the Malfoys through the Blacks. It's a long way back, but... it still counts. But honestly, I was mostly referring to you," Molly stated. "You've been here for only a day or so now, but you already feel like one of my own, so yes. Practically family."

If it were possible, Audrey's smile grew even wider. Mrs. Weasley had called her family! That was a big step, and an unexpected one at that. Especially so soon. The girl immediately hugged the woman standing in front of her. Molly hugged her back for a moment before saying, "Now quit your worrying and go have fun with the rest of the kids."

Audrey pulled away from her before she replied, "Mmkay, I will."

As Audrey started to walk back towards the backyard where she heard the twins cracking a joke, she heard a knock at the door. She turned slightly to look at the door, and even though she couldn't tell who was there, she knew the knock was anything but good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 108 13
Follow Alexandria Lillian Potter through her tangled love life as she fights for her twin harry potter to accept her choices and love interests. wha...
10K 277 11
Carol Hardwood is going into her last few years at hogwarts now and she is expected it to be a normal year. Whilst at school she falls in love with s...
141K 5.7K 10
After a difficult summer, Carlie runs away from home to stay with her best friend Jake. On the way back to Hogwarts Carlie hopes for an easy year, es...
123K 3.1K 14
Hermione Granger has finished Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy; she is now looking for a home to live with her soon-to-be husband, none othe...