Battle of Hearts

By purplebeach

Ally Parker, soon to be senior, is your typical studious jock. She has got good grades and a few friends. She... More

Battle of Hearts
Chapter 1- The Cheesy Punch
Chapter 2- Dorky Trouble
Chapter 3- Here we go again
Chapter 4- Chemistry over Pen
Chapter 5- Bittersweet & Cold Feelings
Chapter 6- The Epic Fall
Chapter 7- We Can't Stop Cruising
Chapter 9- The Punching Bag Stories
Chapter 10- Surprises
Chapter 11- I doubt that.
Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 1
Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 2
Chapter 13- Guilty Displeasures
Chapter 14- No pranks
Chaper 15- Better than nothing- The Friendzone
Chapter 16- He's Just Not That Into You
Chapter 17- Dealing with Feelings
Chapter 18- Conversations with Kanye West
Chapter 19 Between Girls
Chapter 20- New Friends.
Chapter 21- The Doubtful Door
Chapter 23- Restless Night
Chapter 24- A Happy Birthday Gift
Chapter 25- Cold Friendships
Chapter 26- The Best
Chapter 27-The Worst
Chapter 28- Sleep for Christmas
Chapter 29- Midnight Messages
Chapter 30- A Special Bond
Chapter 31- Losing Kiss Cam
Chapter 32- Change
Chapter 33- The New Girl
Chapter 34- Fear
Chapter 35- Truth or Truth
Chapter 36- Of Boozes and Broken Hearts
Chapter 37
Chapter 38- Caged Heart
Chapter 39- Choices
Chapter 40
Chapter 41- Californian Dream
Chapter 42- The Prom Day
Chapter 43- The Big Bump
Chapter 44- Something Great
Epilouge

Chapter 8- Call of Dog Poop

6.2K 316 17
By purplebeach

Chapter 8- Call of Dog Poop

“I am gonna pop some tags only got twenty dollars in my pocket”

“I'm hunting looking for a come up this is fucking awesome."

Ally and Cameron were currently sitting in his car jamming to ‘Thrift Shop’. They both discovered how much fun it was when people on the street gave you strange looks. But they didn’t care about them as they were too absorbed laughing and moving to the beat of the song. The song was ending now and it was time for Ally to go home.

“Dude! That was awesome.” Ally said with a wide smile on her face as the song ended.

“Yeah it was. Do you want me to help you to the door?” Cameron said reminding her of her sprained ankle. She had completely forgotten about that and also about the fact that she was wet. Time flew by when they were in his car.

“No, I think I’ll be fine. Thanks for the ride.” She said as she opened her car door.

As soon as she stepped out and put some pressure on her left leg, pain jolted across her foot and she crumble to the concrete floor. She could feel her ankle getting swollen.

“Shit.” She winced in pain.

Cameron quickly rushed to her from the other side and again scooped her up in his arms. “Why are you so stubborn?” he muttered under his breath but loud enough for her to hear it.

“Why do you always do that?” She said sighing.

“Do what?”

“Carry me like that.” She said looking up to meet his gaze.

He didn’t answer her instead he started walking towards the front door of her house.

“Now where’s the key?” He asked looking down at her.

“It’s in my pocket, wait.” She told as she searched for the keys in her jeans’ pocket. It was very uncomfortable to find something in your pocket when you’re being carried away by someone.

“Stop moving so much or I’ll let you fall.” He warned her. It was getting difficult for him to hold her because her butt was moving so much.

“Got it.” Ally said showing him the key. She opened the door and they both went inside.

“Now where do I put you?” He asked stopping in the middle of the living room. He was asking like she was some unwanted parcel he had got.

“Umm… Just take me to room. It’s upstairs.”

It would have been quite a torture for Cameron to carry her all the way up to her room if he wasn’t so strong. She liked the fact that she was bothering him since he was the culprit behind whatever happened.

He put her down on her bed and walked away to let her change. She removed her wet clothes and put on a t-shirt and some sweatpants. It was difficult for her to walk so she jumped on her right leg to move to different place. She assumed Cameron had left to head home. Now she was moving through the hallway to get something to eat. As she was passing through her brother’s room she heard the sound of gun shots.

Ally opened the door to see him sitting on a bean bag playing video games. His eyes were glued to the screen in front of him. “Why are you still here?” she asked jumping towards the bed that was kept opposite to the chair.

“Can’t you see I am playing Call of Duty? Shut up and let me concentrate.”

Cameron’s rude behavior caused her to take the remote control and switch off the TV. His head instantly turned in her direction and he looked beyond angry.

“What the fuck? You did not just do that.” He said as he got up from his seat to get the remote from her. But Ally wasn’t done yet.

“Give me the remote.” He stopped right in front of her.

“No.” she said looking up at him. He moved his face a little closer to her and placed both of his hands on the bed, allowing no room for her to run away. But she wasn’t giving up any time soon.

“That’s my game. You can’t play without my permission.” They were both glaring at each other with no intention of losing.

It was true though. When Ally’s brother had left for college 2 years back, he left behind all his video games. When she was young they both used to play it together. Her brother had taught her to play all the action games and she loved playing them. So whenever she wanted to have some fun, she would just come to his room.  She knew very well that she could beat any boy’s ass in COD.

“Oh really?” He said in a mocking tone. Ally nodded in response.

“Aren’t you scared of me? I could be a rapist or something and you’re alone in this house.”  He said as he came much closer to her liking. At first, she was actually scared by the tone of his voice and the dangerous look on his face. But the glint in his beautiful green eyes gave it away. She could clearly see he was just mocking her.

“I am not scared of you.” she simply stated staring back at him. His eyes had that mesmerizing sparkle.

“Not even now?” He whispered as he came even closer. Their faces were just inches apart now. If he moved just an inch they would be kissing. His warm minty breath was fanning her face. And boy, he smelt so good. The sporty cologne he was wearing could put any girl in a daze.

Ally couldn’t resist the urge anymore. She held his collar with one of her hands and brought his ear closer to her mouth. She would give him just what she wanted to.

“You smell like dog poop.” She whispered into his ear. Cameron instantly backed away from her and slumped down on the chair. The bewildered look on his face was a photo worth clicking. For a moment there, he actually thought she was going to kiss him.

He masked his disappointment with a blank expression. “You’re such a moment spoiler.” He mumbled not loud enough for her to hear because she was laughing her ass off. He felt embarrassed so he kept looking to the floor.

“You should see your face.” She said pointing a finger at him.

“Haha very funny.” He crossed his arms showing he wasn’t enjoying this moment at all. But he looked adorable with that look on his face.  

To lighten up the mood she suggested, “I would only turn on the game if you win against me.”

“You’ll lose and I don’t like to beat a girl’s ass. Of course, in a different meaning I love doing that.” He said as he winked at her.

Ally’s face scrunched up at his double meaning talk.

“Oh game on, Miller!” she said confidently. Her brother had taught her every trick to win a game of Call of Duty.

“Fine, but don’t cry when you lose and when you have to say ‘Cameron is the sexiest man alive.’”

 “I won’t and I am not saying that. Never.” She jumped on her right leg and sat down beside him.

“And if I win you have to buy me a pizza since you’re the reason my ankle is broken.”  She could have asked for something better but at the moment she was really hungry and pizza was better than the food at her home.

“It’s not broken. Stop exaggerating.”

“Fine. Sprained ankle. Now, deal?”  She said extending her hand.

He shook her hand and said “Deal.”

--------

A/N: Hey guys! How are you guys doing? I hope most of you are enjoying the summer break. But for me it’s almost over. So updates will be slow from now on. But still I will try my best to keep up with school and writing. As I always say I need your support and your votes and comments so please if you like this story, do this favor for me. Thanks you all for reading and let me know what you think of this chapter, I would love to know your opinion. Thanks to everyone who has added this to their reading lists!! In the next chapter you will get to know more about Ally’s personal life so stick with me on this. Love you all and have a nice day!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 5.8K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
29.3K 1.6K 33
Luke Adams wasn't interested in the Kissing Game until his crush, Ella Baker, says she'll only date the guy who wins the game. But no one will pass h...
7.3K 336 51
She was all he needed. He knew it. But she didn't. ••• I can see the moment I've pushed him over the edge and he starts to get mad. "Oh, fuck you...
304K 7.6K 110
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...