I Promised Myself (Ross Lynch...

By Crazy4R5_

This story is about the roller coaster of a ride Edie and Ross have to go through to stay together. They say... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Please read!!
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four

Chapter Fifty-Two

3.6K 89 5
By Crazy4R5_

Ross's POV

"Hi Edie" A smug smile took over Danny's face as his eyes wonder from Edie's eyes to her chest. 

"I didn't know you worked here" My girlfriend smiles, not even realising that his perverted eyes are wondering all over her. 

"I started a few weeks back" He smiles back.

"So can we order or what?" Riker speaks up and I try to hide my satisfied smile that we finally have a little control over this asshole. 

"Riker!" My Mom gasps and my brother just shrugs, looking back up at Danny. 

"Uh, sure. What can I get you?" He stutters and Edie's glares at Riker from over the table. We all order our food and he soon leaves. 

Why the fuck is he even working here? It's just my luck that the day me and Edie return home we run into her ex. And why is Edie not ranting about having her ex boyfriend as our waiter? He ruined her, he was a jerk and he hurt her. I can't imagine what could've happened if I wasn't there to beat the creep up when he had her to himself. 

"So what are you two planning to do now you're back?" My Mom asks. 

"Probably look for an apartment" I shrug, throwing my arm over the back of the chair. 

"I want to get a job" My girlfriends says. A job? She never mentioned this. 

"Maybe you should wait a bit? Because of your leg?" I whisper and Edie glares at me. 

"My leg is fine Ross" She growls. "I can get a job if I want to. I might even apply here again, they look short of staff" 

"You are not getting a job here" I snap, this isn't going to go down well at all. "End of" 

"Ross" Rydel hisses but I ignore my sister.

I don't care if I look possessive or controlling. She is not going near that asshole again, I won't let her go back to that life she left once before. She hated it and all I want is for her to be happy. 

"You're not the boss of me" She snaps and turns away from me. 

"But I am your boyfriend, and I don't want you working here" 

Edie turns around quickly and her eyes widen. Shit, I've done it now. 

"Do you hear yourself? You can't control me! If I want to work, I will. If I want to work here, I God damn will!" She spits, the tables around us have gone quiet and my siblings are looking at us too. Edie's eyes wonder and she snaps them back to me, my stomach sinks because I can read her face like a book, and I've hurt her. 

"Excuse me" She stumbles and runs away from the table. 

"You can't go five minutes without being an ass can you?" Rydel sends daggers from across the table and my Mom eyes widen at the use of my sisters language. 

"You can see why I don't want her here can't you?" I look around and they all stay quiet. I groan and slam my head against the table. I can't risk losing her again. 

"She won't go back to him" Rocky says, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"And how do you know that?" I glare back. 

"Because" "He shrugs. "She came back to you after being with him, she still got back with you after you made her choose between you and her career and she still came back with you when you didn't want to stay in New York with her" 

I sigh and stay quiet. I know he's right, even if I am too stubborn to admit it. 

"She's given up everything for you, cut her some slack" He finishes.

"Fine!" I slide my chair back. "I'll go and apologies" 

...

Edie's POV

"Everything okay?" 

Danny sits down next to be on the back steps of the diner. I would spend most of my breaks here back when I lived with my parents. You can see the highway from here. I'd always wonder which cars were going where, where people would be going to spend their day. Are they going to work? Are they going to visit their family? Are they going to visit their partner? A vacation maybe or even just a drive to clear their head. 

"Fine" I sigh and carry on watching the highway. 

"How have you been?" He asks. I shouldn't even be speaking to Danny after what he put me through. He was a jerk, and I'm pretty sure he cheated me in the short time we were together. But Ross has pissed me off right now and this is the only way I can relieve my anger. 

"Ok I guess, I'm still standing so that's something" I shrug and turn my head to the green eyed boy in front of me. He's changed since I last saw him. He's bigger, like he's been working out. His hair was messy, he defiantly hasn't had it cut in a while, he was always so keen on having perfectly cut hair. I guess he's letting loose a bit. 

"Still standing?" He laughs. "Dramatic much?" 

"No seriously, it's a miracle I am standing" I wave my hands in the air and Danny laughs again. "I had an accident, I hurt my leg" I say tapping my right leg. 

"Really? Where have you been? What happened?"

"New York, I did get accepted into Julliard but I had to give it up, because of this" I tap my leg again and Danny's eyes wonder down to my thigh. 

"Can I, can I see?" He asks, he lifts my leg onto his lap and pulls at my dress slightly, I slap his hand away quickly and he lifts his hands up, surrendering. 

"It's okay, I'm not going to try anything" He promise. 

I nod and he lifts my leg back up. I wore a long blue maxi dress so it would cover up my scare and since the tempreture was so much higher here then in New York. He slowly trails his hand up my leg, not in a rough or dominating way, but soft and gentle, as if he was trying to be careful with my delicate skin. 

My dress trailes up, along with his hand reveling the long pink scar. His eyes never leave my skin and he traces his finger over the soft flesh. 

For a moment all of my anger had disappeared and I was concentrating on the patterns Danny is tracing on my leg. His touch sent shivers up my spine, how can he still do that to me? 

Last time I saw Danny he tried to force himself upon me. If Ross wasn't there he would have got his way and take something that wasn't meant to be shared with him. After that night I knew Ross was the one, he is the one for me and I could never have the same feelings for anyone else. 

Danny has changed though, I can tell by the way he's looking and touching me. He's not the same guy I once knew. 

"What the hell have you done to yourself Edie?" He whispers, carrying on tracing patterns on the evidence of my wound. 

"A lot has happened" I sigh, looking up into his eyes. Sometimes it's hard thinking back on how much I've been through in the past two years.

"What the fuck is going on out here?" 

I snap my head up and Ross is stood in the doorway looking down at my leg on Danny's lap and my dress pulled up. This is not going to end well. 

"Ross" I warn, I slowly take myself away from Danny and stand up, watching the rage take over his face. "This isn't what it looks like" 

"It looks pretty clear to me!" He shouts. "He had his hand going up your dress!" 

Danny stands up quickly, joining me. Holding his hands up in defence. "Look man, I wasn't doing that, I know she's yours" 

"Damn right she's mine!" Ross yells.

"I'm not some pet!" I glare.

"You have nothing to do with her anymore!" He completely ignores me and steps forward but I step between the boys before my boyfriend can lunge towards my ex. 

"I know! She was just showing me her scar" Danny stutters. 

"Scar?" Ross suddenly becomes quiet and his eyes meet mine. "You hate showing me your scar"

"I know" 

"So why the fuck are you showing him?!" He shouts. 

"I don't know! I wasn't thinking! Why does it matter anyway? It's not like I flashed him my boobs!" 

Ross's eyes flash with anger and they look towards Danny again. I knew this would get him even more fired up but he had to know I wasn't doing anything wrong. 

"Don't fucking say that" He hisses.

"Why not? You don't own me Ross" I cross my arms over my chest and I hear Danny suffle behind me. 

"But I'm your boyfriend and he isn't!!" 

"You are unbelievable" I shake my head. Where's the Ross who's been kind and gentle for the past couple of weeks? The Ross who held me in his arms all day long, whispering sweet things in my ear, making it known I'm safe with him. 

"Me?" He scoffs. "You had your ex boyfriends hand up your dress! If anything you're unbelievable!!" 

"Why can't you just shut up and listen? It isn't like that at all!" 

"How do I know that?" He glares. "You've been a cheat before, how do I know you won't do it when you're with me" 

A gasp escape my lips and Ross's face instantly falls when he realises what he's said. I swallow my tears and shake my head. I didn't want to cheat on Danny, I am not that type of person. But I loved Ross, even though we weren't together I couldn't stay away. He was the one for me and he knows that. 

"My break is over now. I have to get back to work Danny breaks the silence but I keep my eyes firmly on Ross, trying to not let my emotions spill over. 

"Go Danny, me and Ross need to talk" 

I have no idea what being back in California will do to us. 

And I'm scared to  find out. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445K 6.4K 86
Nova has lasted the previous 5 years without Riker. Him and the rest of R5 are about to come home! Nova thinks everything will be perfect, but really...
4.4K 122 31
Ross meets a girl and falls in love. But of course there is a big bump down the road. Oh love. (Sorry guys. This is pretty much a regular love story...
74.7K 1.4K 40
[ R5 FanFiction ] This story is about a girl, Sydney, who bumps into a member of R5, she doesnt realize it yet but he is about to become a big part o...
2.3K 89 20
Tessie's life was tangled in knots. She didn't know where to go. Abandoned by a boyfriend she never truly knew, she finds herself working at a retail...