Detention Boys

By Lottie_H_

"Alec, you're drunk and confused. You don't want this," he said, but didn't try to move away. I could feel hi... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Just a little note to you all...
The Detention Slip

Chapter Two

154K 4.4K 6.6K
By Lottie_H_

Sam pulled up outside the school ten minutes later and I got into the car. I lived only fifteen minutes away by car and after the first five minutes of silence I knew Sam was wanting to say something but was holding back. We'd been friends since the start of High School, and we'd somehow made it to senior year as best friends despite our ups and downs. After all these years, I knew by now that Sam didn't refrain from saying a lot of things, so it's was pretty obvious when something was bothering him.

"Spit it out," I said. Sam gave me an apologetic look before clearing his throat.

"What went wrong with you and Kelly man? She seemed like the best girlfriend you've ever had and you actually seemed happy."

"I honestly don't know," I said, giving him the same answer as I had given Dylan. "I just couldn't seem to develop feelings that were more than friendship, and that wasn't fair on her."

Sam nodded, understanding where I was coming from. He'd had the same issue with a past relationship. "How was the sex?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. It wasn't bad or anything, just kind of boring. Sex was sex. That's the only way I can describe it."

"Well, there will be plenty more girls to try and capture your heart" he said, smirking.

"One can only pray" I replied, "and lets also pray that I don't cross paths with any more psychos." I'd had plenty of questionable ex girlfriends.

We pulled up in front of my house, I said goodbye after promising I'd be at his party on Friday night and that I'd try to invite more people.

I walked up the driveway, surprised to see that my dad was home this early, and went inside. I dumped my school bag at the front door and made my way down the hall to the kitchen where my mum was just dishing out dinner and my dad was leaning on the counter. He had loosened off his tie and removed his suit jacked, but apart from that was still in his work clothes. He gave me a nod when I entered the kitchen. Nice to see you too dad.

"Hey, honey. Dinner is just about ready," said mum, as she finished putting the last of the chicken out on the plate. She has cooked a full meal, the table was even set.

"What's the big occasion?" I asked, eyeing up the table.

"Well," she started, placing mine and dads plate on the table before retrieving her own. We all sat down. "Since your father finished work early, I thought we could all have a nice family meal for a change."

"Well, where's Luke?" If we're going to have a 'family meal' you'd think the whole family would have to be here.

"He'd already made plans to eat at Nathan's," was her reply before we all began to eat. Okay then, family meal without the whole family it is then. I ate as quickly as I could, but before I could leave the table dad spoke.

"So Alec, how are you and that girlfriend doing?" Shit.

"Eh... well we broke up today." At the look on mum's face I quickly added, "things just weren't working out."

Dad just nodded before carrying on. "And how's football going?"

"Football's great, coming up to the end of the school year and we're doing well."

"Good good."

No, how are you? How are you feeling?

When I realised that was the end of the conversation, I quickly washed my plate, grabbed my school bag and went upstairs to my room after letting my parents know I was having an early night. I quickly stripped of my clothing down to my boxers and put my iPod in, and lay on top of the covers.

Imagine Dragons, Radioactive, started to play and I turned up the volume. I don't know why them not asking how I was bothered me so much. They don't usually ask and it doesn't usually bother me. It's because you liked it when Dylan asked. Dylan. Strange guy. I never would have guessed that he was gay. I know you can't tell if someone's gay based on their looks or whatever, but he just seemed so normal. Okay, that's totally not the right word, but you know what I mean. I didn't realise how worried he was about how I would react after he told me either. The song changed to Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood and I felt myself drift of to sleep.

~

I woke to the screaming banshee that is my alarm clock. After successfully banishing its wail I managed to somehow manoeuvre my feet into transporting me into the bathroom. Its times like these when I thank God that I have an en suite. I quickly brushed my teeth and had a quick shower, wrapped a towel round my waist and headed back into my room. I quickly towel dried my dark brown hair and put on some light stonewashed jeans and white t shirt. I ruffled my now dry hair in front of the mirror and sighed. Despite having God knows how many hours sleep last night, I've still had the worst dark circles under my eyes.

I headed downstairs and Luke was sat at the table in dark jeans and a hoodie. It could be warmer than Satan's ball sac outside and that kid would still wear a hoodie. He looked up when I walked past, flicking his dark hair out of his eyes and giving me a mumbled "hey" before returning to munching on his cereal like a zombie. I quickly made some toast and finished it just as I heard Sam honk the car horn from outside. I grabbed my bag as did Luke and we headed outside, Luke climbed in the backseat while I sat up front with Sam.

The drive to school was quiet, and after saying goodbye to Luke, me and Sam headed over to see our friends. Cam was there, sporting a black eye and bruised nose. I quickly apologised, to which Cam made a joke about me PMSing before giving me a half hug. I caught Kelly's eye as we headed into the school and gave her a small smile. She quickly turned away.

Tuesday mornings are hell. Double English, P.E, and then Maths before lunch. The morning went quick enough though, and soon we were gathered round our table in the cafeteria, listening to Matt and Sam discuss where they were getting the drink for this weekend from. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Dylan walk across the cafeteria and sit down at a table with another guy and his girlfriend. He sat down with them and soon began talking about something that the girl found hilarious.

"Yo Alec, you want to come straight over to mine on Friday and help me set up with Matt?" asked Sam.

"What?" I asked, tearing my gaze away from Dylan's table.

"I said, do you want to help me set up after school on Friday?"

"Oh, I can't, I've got detention all week for punching Cam."

"It was definitely a detention worthy punch," added Cam.

At that I zoned out again and soon the bell for fifth period went and we headed to class. I had double History with Matt. I sat in my usual seat next to Matt and was surprise to see Dylan enter the class. I thought I would have noticed if he was in any of my classes. He gave me a nod on the way past and sat by himself at the back of the class. I couldn't help but notice he had on black skinny jeans again, but with a dark purple tank top and was wearing a variety of wristbands and bracelets on each arm.

The class dragged on and was as interesting as History ever is, and when the last bell went everyone got up and left. I told Matt I'd see him tomorrow and made my way to the detention room. Dylan had left the class before me but wasn't in the classroom when I got there. I said hello to Ms. Jackson and sat in the same seat as yesterday. A few minutes later Dylan entered carrying a guitar case. Ms. Jackson has some errands to run and again left us by ourselves. Dylan sat in the same seat as yesterday as well.

"You play the guitar?" I asked, pointing to his guitar case.

"Yeah, I have since I was a kid. Do you play anything?"

I shook my head. "My parents didn't think to teach me or my brother anything like that when we were kids."

Dylan turned his chair so it was facing me and sat forward with his arms resting on his knees. "My granddad taught me before he died. After that I just kept teaching myself. I take music as a subject, that's why I've brought it in with me."

We spoke about things for a while. He told me he had a little sister called Sophie, she's six. He just lives with his mum and sister as his parents split just after his mum fell pregnant with Sophie. I didn't mention our conversation from yesterday, but Dylan soon brought it up when we were discussing Christmas- how this conversation came about I have no idea- and he seemed quite happy to talk about it.

"I'd just turned sixteen in November, but I'd known I was gay for a while. But I decided to wait till Christmas when all the family was together before telling everyone. That was a very entertaining Christmas," he laughed. He had a nice laugh.

Ms. Jackson came back at the end of the hour and told us we could leave. I grabbed my bag and Dylan grabbed his and his guitar case and we headed outside. It was then I remembered what Sam said.

"Oh hey, by the way Sam's having a party this Friday and everyone's invited. You should come."

Dylan laughed. "I've been to a few of Sam's parties. Let me guess, lots of booze, loud music and all for no apparent reason?"

"They never change," I agreed.

"Hey, do you want a ride?" He asked as he went to head for the car park. Of course he wouldn't be cycling with his guitar case.

"Sure," I agreed. I gave him directions and he said he knew where he was going. The journey was silent but it wasn't awkward or anything, just a comfortable silence.

We pulled up outside my house fifteen minutes later and I turned back towards Dylan as I got out of the car.

"Think about Friday?" I asked.

"I will," he said, giving me a smile as I shut the car door and watched him drive down the street. I must have stood there for about five minutes smiling like a creep before realising that I should probably go inside. I walked inside and leaned against the door for some strange reason before heading upstairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 131 1
(BOOK 3 #Bad Boy Chemistry) It's a new year, and the final year of high school for Charlie Harrington and his close-knit circle of friends. Charlie...
6.4K 271 3
After throwing a wild party, 17 year old Wyatt Reid is forced to spend the summer with his estranged godparents, Amanda and Robert Easton, and their...
40.8K 2.1K 22
[completed] in which ryland starts dreaming of shane, the pretty boy in his sleep. - at sixteen years old, ryland adams is pretty sure he has his lif...
3.6M 123K 56
Needing a favour and an easy way to pass his Physics class, closeted gay Zach Hamilton seeks Jace, the smart ass band geek who has snarky comebacks t...