Love, Kat

By LetsBeMelancholy

Kat Stanfords life is hard. At least she thinks it is being how her family is practically Westfield royalty... More

Love, Kat
The Anatomy of the Female Body
The 'Hump-N-Dump' Club
Cock-Blocked Your Opportunities
I Recommend Some Netflix
Not Royalty My Ass
I'm Obligated to Know

More Attention Than Kim Kardashian

37 6 4
By LetsBeMelancholy

Kat

There are many days that make up my life. I have lived 192 months, with 4 weeks in each month, and within those weeks 7 days pass. There for I have lived about 5,843.875 days in my sixteen years of living, and of all these days I've waken up each morning, so my question to you is: how coming it's still so damn hard?

"Kat! Wake up we have to be at school in less than thirty minutes." My brother, Kai (yes we are the type of family that repeats the same letter for each of the kids), seems to have lost his brain. For the past two years-because my parents work morning shifts-Kai has been stuck with the responsibility of waking and taking me to school, a routine that despite its difficulties, we've stuck quite well to.

"Go away."

"Trust me, with that morning breath, it's all I want to do, but unfortunately I can't. I have people to meet, girls to impress, so wake up onion breath." Kai warns. I groan and shove my hand out from under the comfort of my blankets to what show him what I think of his stupid remarks, to hell with him.

You see, at our school you can say our family is pretty high and mighty. My oldest brother Kevin graduated two years ago as a track star, and my dad has been the head coach for the football team over the past five years, and Kai is a star player on the football team, so it's hard to go unnoticed around the place. Hard, but not impossible, I've been a key successor in this act.

I hate attention and try to avoid it at all cost. I'm a thinker not a doer, and at this school, you have to do in order to be thought of in any way, thank god. I've joined one club since freshman year, book club; the one club people don't give the time of day to.

Thus being said, I have no idea nor do I care to know what it feels like to have people to meet and girls (in my case boys) to impress, there for his pleading does nothing to make me move.

"Right, wake me up when you actually have something important going on." I yawn and pull my hand back under the covers to return to my slumber. We live ten minutes away; he's not going to die.

There is a moment of silence, and to my happiness I hear the door shut leaving my room empty again. Before it's not and a bucket of cold water comes poring onto me.

I scream in surprise and throw off the blankets, hopping around the area, clearly wide-awake.

"Kai!" I yell at my brother who stands there grinning like the asshole he is. "It's not funny! I'm awake now are you happy asshat?! Go put my blanket in the dryer while I take a shower!" I storm past the grinning idiot and into my connecting bathroom.

The bad part about being Kai and Kevin Stanford's sister, and Keith Stanford's daughter is the attention. Even if I try to avoid it, pulling up in the passenger seat of Kai's car draws more attention the Kim Kardashian.

"Alright, don't embarrass me today, I know your socially awkward and what not. You'll have to wait until football is over for a ride, sit on the bleachers or shoot some hoops, don't really care." Kai pops the trunk and we both grab our backpacks. Already, three freshman girls walk by giggling as if Channing Tatum just offered to carry their books. I roll my eyes and smile sweetly at the pain I call my older brother.

"Yes, Father anything else? No, then I bid you farewell." I salute to him as his friend Noah walks up, slapping him on the back like every other day.

Kai has a lot of friends, or rather fake friends who mainly use him for a good time or popularity, but there are a select few that have made is to his 'favorites' list; Noah Caster has made it to the top of the list. You'd think I would like nothing to do with my brother's slut friends, but fun fact-I used to have thee biggest crush on Noah Caster. Used to.

Yes, I Katarina Stanford, fell in the same line as all the other girls at Westfield Academy, ounce upon a time. You see one simply cannot refuse the gorgeousness of one's brother's best friend, who enjoys long walks to the fridge and shirtless journeys when spending the night. I mean this crush ended sophomore year, but even now as a junior, I still think he's widely attractive. The only difference between me and the other girls who like his face, I don't let him know nor do I speak a peep in the fear of embarrassing myself. That and I don't like manwhores.

Not even tall manwhores with grey eyes and honey brown hair, full lips and a nice tan. Nope, even they don't get sympathy.

"Kat!"

I have two best friends, actually I have two friends-Jenny and Luke-who, unlike me, have more of a social caste. Luke, seeing as he's on the basketball team (he plays second string wing) has found his way into many different groups, but always stays loyal to the two of us. Then there's Jenny, who's very interactive when it comes to clubs-International, ASB, Key, Debate, you name it Jenny's done it all. But of our tiny family, I have the pride in being the brain. I've maintained a 4.5 GPA since freshman year, not a lot of people can say that.

"Hey, Kat, there you are, I've been looking for you all day!" Jenny comes hurdling down the hall, grabbing the attention of students walking by. My neck warms up as people glance between the two of us, and I mentally curse Jenny for being so loud.

"All morning, you mean." I side glance at her as she falls into step with me.

She huffs and grips my arm. "Whatever freak, I need volunteers for homecoming floats. This year's theme is 'A Blast To The Past' and juniors have the 1970's. We're talking peace signs and acoustic guitars, and lots and lots of bead wearing, kimono fronting hippies, but the football teams doing what a football team does-playing, and our big ass cheer team is cheering so that leaves our float limited to a short amount of volunteers. And it would mean so much if you, my best friend, volunteered to do a little Kumbaya-ing with us!"

Jenny has the mouth of a four year old, it's just never stops moving. She's like a song stuck on repeat, just keeps playing over and over again, I love her for that. She talks for the both of us.

"Oh, big crowds...Jen...not my thing." We get to our lockers, which happen to be side by side, and I start opening mine where as Jenny keeps talking.

"No they aren't, but you're in a big crowd everyday! Class is a big crowd, the cafeteria is a big crowd, just suck it up for not even fifteen minutes, slap a smile on your face and act like your actually strumming a guitar! You have two weeks to prepare. Please, Kat, do this for me?"

"What are we doing for Jenny, now?" Luke pulls up behind Jenny and leans against her closed locker. "Hey, Kat."

"Morning, Lucas. I'm trying to convince her to do the homecoming float with us, but she's being Kat."

"Sorry?" I question.

"We're doing a float?" Luke's brows knit together.

I give a knowing glance to Jenny. "See, he doesn't want to do it either! I have class in five minutes and I need to meet with Mrs. Gonzales We'll talk later."

"Kat!"

"Are you coming Luke?" Lucky enough, Luke and I have three classes together-Spanish, AP English, and Biology, so I don't get to lonely sitting in one spot for fifty minutes.

"Yeah, see ya Jen." Brushing past her, Luke comes to walk next to me.

"She'll get her way." I note.

"Sadly, I agree." He pauses, "you look skinnier than you did last week, Kat, you working out?" Luke pinches the side of my waste making me jump from his reach.

"You're funny, but we all know the heaviest thing I've picked up in my life is a book, good joke though." He grins and lays a heavy arm around my shoulder. If this was any other guy, I probably would have had a anxiety heart attack, but with Luke, everything is just natural, he's my best friend there is no awkwardness.

"I know, I know. Hey, movies this Friday, I heard that-" he's rudely interrupted by cat calls being made along the lockers. My head snaps in the direction they come from, and there lies my brother and his idiot friends, including Noah.

"Aw, there's my sister and her basketball star boyfriend." Kaidan hurls a football in Luke's direction, forcing him to remove his arm and catch the ball before it hits one of us. I glance down at my feet, as the irresponsible stares of all my brother's friends are on us. There are times when I'm completely fine with hanging around his friends, mainly when it's outside of school, but in school where around every corner is a horny group of girls, I would rather not.

"Kai," Luke shakes hands with my brother before returning his arm to my shoulders. I glance up at a pair of grey eyes, before they avert to somewhere else, Noah.

"So, when did you jump off the train from Singville, sis?" Kai wiggles his eyebrows in that way that would make every other girl melt, every girl that isn't related to him that is.

"Knock it off, Kai, we aren't dating." My voice comes out a little embarrassed. I've never had a boyfriend, so all this talk is making me feel awkward.

"I know, of course I know, you're not allowed to date anyone from here anyway." Kai tosses the ball up and down, catching it in his crusty hands.

The one thing that annoys the shit out of me about Kai, is how he thinks he has to act like my dad every damn second. He lays the law down like a thirty year old, when he has no authority to.

"Since when did you make the rules around here? I can date anyone I want to date, Kaidan." I cross my arms in fury, ignoring the shocked stares of all his friends. Luke nudges my shoulder trying to calm me down. I shrug his arm off.

"You got jokes, Kat. Real funny."

"You irritate me." I glance behind him at Noah whose bumped Kai in the shoulder.

"Aye, class starts in three minutes, leave her be." There were sometimes where I want to hit Noah, and there are other times when I want to hug him for being a lot more responsible (on some terms) than Kai.

I roll my eyes at Kai and walk away, grabbing Luke in my path.

"Wouldn't be a day without the two of you fighting. Nothing new." Luke sighs as we head to words Spanish.

"Amen."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.9K 1.1K 18
One being a poor 19 year old, calm and quiet, student The other a 23 year old, hot tempered, CEO what happens when their paths cross and Minho decide...
16.9M 650K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
704K 62.4K 36
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
597K 15.9K 54
(Book Two) At the age of ten, 'Eden-Rose' is now a world renowned name. Watch as she juggles between her growing fame and her personnel life. Dance...