My Ex-friend, a Wish and Me

By banana4567

Vivienne Clare is a smart girl. Everybody loved her until she made a big mistake. Now everyone is against her... More

Chapter 1 (Meet Vivienne)
Chapter 2 (The Breakdown)
Chapter 3 (The Switch)
Chapter 5 (The Crash)
Chapter 6 (Hospitalized)
Chapter 7 (He's Awake!)
Chapter 8 (Can we be friends?)
Chapter 9 (Made up my mind)
Chapter 10 (Nothing could be better)
Epilogue (On top of the world)

Chapter 4 (Realization)

65 3 0
By banana4567

 Chapter 4    Realization

I looked at Jared, “Do you have the bracelet that the lady gave me? Yours is gone.”

Jared looked down at her wrist, “No. Did you take yours off last night?”

I shook my head, “No. Did you?”

Jared shook her head as well, “Do you think when we both wished that our lives would change the bracelets switched our bodies around?”

Jared might be right. Right after the lady gave us our bracelets we wished that our lives would change and now I’m in Jared’s body and Jared is in my body. We need to find that lady and see if she can change us back even though I’m secretly praying that she can’t. I love being Jared! We also need a pregnancy test.

“To the car!” I shouted while pointing my finger out the window.

Jared looked at me like I was mentally insane. Which I just might be.

“Why do we need to go to the car?” Jared asked while laughing a little bit.

“To go find the lady that gave us the bracelets and to get you a pregnancy test,” I said in a duh tone.

“Okay but I’m driving,” Jared said while leaving the room.

“Oh no you’re not!” I yelled while running after her and down the stairs.

We both raced after my keys that were sitting on the coffee table. I got to the table first and grabbed the keys. I went to walk to the door when I tripped face first to the floor. Jared had tripped me! The keys fell and slid across the floor. I went to reach for them but Jared grabbed them and ran out the front door. I got up and ran after her but I was too slow. Jared was already in the driver’s seat and starting my car. I opened the passenger door and got in.

“I hate you,” I stated.

“I know,” was what Jared’s reply was.

Ugh! She better not crash my car or anything. My parents got it for me before they left on their trip. If my dad never took up on the job offer and they didn’t leave I would still be best friends with Jared. My life wouldn’t be a living nightmare and I wouldn’t be in Jared’s body. Why does life have to be so hard? Why do you have to learn stuff if you're just going to die anyways? Like school, why do we have to go if we are going to die and not need it in the after world or whatever you do after you die? I so don’t know what happens to people when they die. Do they have a second life as something else or relive their life over and over again? Do we get to haunt people? Are we ghosts? Do we have to look after people and make sure they are being good? If so I hope I get a really attractive guy! What if you don’t make it to heaven? Once you’re dead can you help someone like in the movie Teen Spirit so you can get into heaven or do you go straight hell? Does your spirit die in hell once you go there? Do people who go to church talk about this stuff? I don’t go to church so I wouldn’t know. Hum….

“Viv did you hear me?” I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Jared looking at me.

“Um… No,” I said.

Jared let out a frustrated sigh, “We are here now. Do you remember what the lady looks like because I don’t really remember her.”

“Yeah I do. She looked like the fortune telling lady,” I told her.

Jared nodded and got out of the car. I got out and followed her to the entrance. We paid and walked into the park. We walked over to the fortune teller and saw that the lady was working. I stepped into the short line and waited my turn.

After a couple of minutes the lady yelled, “Next!”

Jared and I walked over to the lady and sat down. She looked at us and her eyes widened a bit in surprise.

“You two have switched bodies haven’t you?” she asked pointing between the two of us.

How did she know? Fortune tellers normally flip cards and whatever is on the card is what your fortune is. They are barely ever correct so how did she know?

“Yeah,” Jared replied.

“So my spell did work then,” her smile widened a bit.

Spell? What does she mean when she says spell? There are no such thing as witches. Is she implying that she’s a witch?

“What spell?” I asked.

“The one that was in the bracelets that I gave you two yesterday when you were fighting,” so it was the bracelets, “There are different ones that have different words on them. For instance you guys had ones that said LOVE on them so you would switch bodies with your soulmate. There are ones that say courage, hope, and caring. They all do something that changes the way you see life. The only way to break them is change the way you live. For example when you get the caring one everyone seems to be mean to you, even the people who are nice to you become mean and the only way to break the spell is to become nice to everyone, even the people you don’t like.” the lady explained to us.

The bracelets are a bit better to understand but I had just one question, “How do you break our spell?”

The lady’s smile became even bigger, “You need to make amends with your soul mate.”

“And who is our soul mate?” Jared asked snottily.

“Well your soul mate is the person you switched bodies with. So Jared your soul mate is Vivienne and Vivienne your soul mate is Jared,” the lady said.

Jared and I looked at each other, “No. You have a mistake Vivienne is not my soul mate. I hate Vivienne so there is no way that she can be my soul mate," Jared said.

Jared cannot be my soul mate. Let me repeat it to all you guys that probably think that Jared should be my soul mate. Jared. Is. Not. My. Soul mate! Did you get that through your head? I said it nice and slow for you so you better have got it that time. The lady must have messed up. Jared and I are not soul mates!The lady must have messed up. Jared and I are not soul mates! There is no way in hell that we could be soul mates. It’s just… impossible.

“I think that you made a mistake. We are not soul mates,” I kindly told the lady.

The lady looked at me with disbelief in her eyes, “I do not make a mistake when it comes to love. You two are soul mates. The only way to change back is for you two to make amends with each other.”

Jared let out a small snort, “Ha-ha! It won’t happen till pigs fly.”

“Well then you guys will be in each other’s bodies till that happens then,” the lady said.

“Well thank you for your advice. Good-bye,” I said politely.

I pulled Jared out of the booth and out of the park. We walked to the car in silence. I got in the passenger’s side and Jared started the car. Jared drove out of the parking lot and onto the main road.

“We still need to go to the drug store,” I spoke after a couple minutes of silence.

Jared looked at me for a second then looked back at the road, “And why do we need to go to the drug store?”

“To get you a pregnancy test,” I told her.

Jared let out a sigh and turned into the nearest drug store parking lot. We got out and walked in. We walked down the aisle the tests were in and grabbed three different types. We also got a congratulations card and some chocolate so it looked kind of like a gift. We then walked to the cash register. The cashier looked at us and gave us a look as if he didn’t believe that this was a gift. I guess lots of other people did the same thing as us. We paid and left the store.

We drove to Jared’s house in silence. Jared stopped in front of his house and I got out. Before I shut the door I said, “Text me the results please,” I slammed the door and walked inside the house.

As I went to walk upstairs Mrs. Hernandez stopped me in the hall, “I need to talk to you Jared,” she said calmly with a hint of sadness in her voice. What could have happened?

I'm back! So Vivenne and Jared are soul mates. Well that's interesting. 

Comment what you think of this chapter!

 What I think Matt looks like to the side>>>

~banana4567~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144 0 48
Avalon has the good look, good grades, friends, three wonderful brothers, caring and loving parents. Everyone would think she has everything, and tha...
1.5K 109 35
She moved all the way from Maine to a small town in Nebraska just as her senior year began. Thankfully, she managed to make two friends on her first...
Right Now By Gin

Teen Fiction

3.9K 242 13
Chris. He's blond, handsome, lively, a quarterback and a junior in high school. He has it all good, but he hates being popular, no one knows how he's...
796 101 48
NOTE;;((previously called Never Thought That This Would Happen)) Two young best friends have left their parents nests and are now out in the world by...