Keep Me Safe ~ Ashton Irwin

By CakeMashtonLover

Hayley and Nate fell in love when she was 18. Along the way he began to change. His violence has taken over a... More

Keep Me Safe
Chapter 2 - Mornings
Chapter 3 - Strangers
Chapter 4 - Punishments
Chapter 5 - Questions
Chapter 6 - Boyfriends
Chapter 7 - Deals
Chapter 8 - Stores
Chapter 9 - Deliveries
Chapter 10 - Arguments
Chapter 11 - Thanks
Chapter 12 - Strangers
Chapter 13 - Risks
Chapter 14 - Movies
Chapter 15 - Changes
Chapter 16 - Dresses
Chapter 17 - Clubs
Chapter 18 - Drinks
Chapter 19 - Faithfullness
Chapter 20 - Heroes
Chapter 21 - Decisions
Chapter 22 - Houses
Chapter 23 - Answers
Chapter 24 - Pyjamas
Chapter 25 - Scars
Chapter 26 - Alarms
Chapter 27 - Cooks
Chapter 28 - Eyes
Chapter 29 - Voicemails
Chapter 30 - Rehearsals
Chapter 31 - Lies
Chapter 32 - Truths
Chapter 33 - Dilemmas
Chapter 34 - Mercilessness
Chapter 35 - Saviours
Chapter 36 - Hospitals
Chapter 37 - Awakenings
Chapter 38 - Nurses
Chapter 39 - Faults
Chapter 40 - Realisations
Chapter 41 - Days
Chapter 42 - Friends
Chapter 43 - Suggestions
Chapter 44 - Dates
Chapter 45 - Mistakes
Chapter 46 - Revelations
Chapter 47 - Scans
Chapter 48 - Wishes
Chapter 50 - Gigs
Chapter 51 - Letters
Chapter 52 - Parks (Part 1/2)
Chapter 53 - Words (Part 2/2)
Chapter 54 - Happiness
Chapter 55 - Outings (1/2)
Chapter 56 - Babies (2/2)
Chapter 57 - Birthdays
Chapter 58 - Goodbye's
Chapter 59 - Surprises (1/2)
Chapter 60 - Phonecalls (2/2)
Chapter 61 - Murderers
Chapter 62 - Conditions
Chapter 63 - Stories
Chapter 64 - Darkness
Chapter 65 - Silences
Chapter 66 - Escapes
Chapter 67 - Chances
The Final Chapter
Epilogue
Cakemashtonlover

Chapter 49 - Drums

22.2K 463 232
By CakeMashtonLover

RECAP:

"Do you want to keep it?"

"I think i do." She replied, placing the picture down on the bed beside us and placing her hand on her stomach, looking down at it.

"You know what." She mumbled after a few moments of silence, both of us in the same positions.

"What?"

"I really wish it was yours."

~~~~~~~~~

Ashton's p.o.v.

I woke up to the sound of pouring rain, smashing against the windows like needles falling from the sky. I tried to shift slowly over to the bedside table, hoping to find a watch or clock so i would know what the time was, but it was difficult with Hayley's arm wrapped loosely around my waist and her head flat on my chest fast asleep.

She eventually managed to fall asleep last night, with the condition that i stayed with her which of course i did seeing as she most probably would have stayed up crying till morning.

We never talked much after she told me she wanted to keep it, i didn't really have anything to say anyway. I didn't really know what to say yet again, i knew it was going to have to be me, me who would take care of her and the baby, me who would've to support them, take care of them and most likely have to give everything up so we could start fresh, but in all honestly....it's not something i was too bothered about.

Our band was only beginning to take off, slowly performing at a few clubs and bars in front of crowds of no more than forty people so i really wouldn't be missing so much and i suppose the boys would understand, knowing that i couldn't exactly leave her...not now and not anymore.

I still need to tell them that i need a new drum kit before our rehearsals for our show in a couple of days time, with Hayley still unaware of that fact she broke it but i guess i did kind of deserve it....though i really would have preferred her to just smash a cup instead because my drums meant a hell of a lot to me, but of course that's all changed now, because i had her.

She began to stir gently, groaning as her eyes began to open slowly adjusting to the morning light. She removed her arm from my chest to rub the sleep from her eyes, yawning in the process causing me to yawn alongside her, before she turned and looked up at me the sleep still evident in her eyes.

"Morning." I greeted, using my right hand to tuck her hair behind her ear, brushing my thumb along her cheek.

"Hi." She mumbled, yawning once more as her eyes continued to blink, struggling to stay open.

"You're still tired?" She nodded her slowly, lowering her gaze from my eyes and focusing on the wall opposite.

"Go back to sleep." I told her, pulling up the duvet that had fallen down just below her waist and settling it over her shoulders before planting a soft kiss on her forehead. She didn't say anything, just simply fluttered her eyes closed and allowed the sleep to re consume her.

~~~~~~~~

"So everything's okay now, with the two of you and the baby?" Hannah asked, leaning on the kitchen bench by the sink in between Luke and Michael whilst Calum and I sat on the stools facing them.

"Yeah...i mean we went for a check up yesterday, turns out she's actually four weeks pregnant instead of two."

"Damn." Michael mumbled, folding his arms over his chest. I simply rose my eyebrows before dropping them again.

"Do you the police have any leads on her boyfriend yet?" Calum spoke up beside me, tearing his gaze from his phone.

The word 'boyfriend' seemed to bother me a lot more than it should have, sending a chill down my spine. He didn't deserve to be called that any longer and frankly...not ever again.

I shrugged "They said they would call if they had anything, but so far...nothing. I guess he must've left the house and took off but i'm sure he's not too far."

"What makes you say that?" I heard her familiar voice ask from behind me as all of us turned our heads to see her stood by the doorframe in her pyjamas staring at me confused.

"I.....um....i..d-..no-nothing." I stuttered, looking to the others for help.

"He was just............"

"You're probably just a little paranoid Ash.... I mean he wont come back cause if he did we'd all be waiting for him." Calum said, smiling warmly at Hayley as she walked further into the room. I whispered a quick thank you to him before climbing off the stool and gesturing for her to take my seat.

"You hungry?" I asked, feeling the slight tension that grew in the air as nobody else decided to speak.

"Um....i can make something." She said, standing up off the stool only to have me sit her back down on it.

"It's fine, you tell me what you want and i'll make it for you." I told her, looking down into her tired eyes.

"Honestly Ashton it's okay i ca-"

"Just let him make it, it's about time he did something useful anyway." Michael joked, winking at me when i pulled my eyes at him.

"Um...can i just have like...a tea or something? Please?" She asked, keeping her gaze focused on mine, most probably still feeling nervous being in a group of people.

"Sure." I smiled, heading over to put the kettle on along with grabbing the bread, butter and jam from the cupboard and fridge knowing that she would need to be eating a lot more now, because after all she had two mouths to feed.

"You gotta have something else to, so i'll make you a jam sandwich okay." I told her, taking a quick glance at her whilst preparing it.

"Okay so listen...our show at the Adrenaline club is literally in a few days time so we need to get rehearsing already." Luke huffed, with his arms now wrapped around Hannah's waist from behind.

"I'm sure we'll be fine dude i mean that club was like what, two blocks down from the Neighbourhood bar we performed at a couple weeks back right? We hardly rehearsed at all for that, so i'm sure we'll be fine with this one." Calum shrugged, texting away on his phone.

"That's not the point we still need to rehearse and hello am i the only one who has our schedule? Were performing there again soon remember? We have a full week of shows coming up at the beginning of next month, so we need to get our asses in shape for that." Luke explained, angrily pulling his eyes at all of us whilst i handed the sandwiches and tea over to Hayley, who stayed silent this whole time.

"Ah mate that's ages." Michael groaned.

"Shut up Mike."

"Babe, you need to shut up okay, you're taking this whole band thing way to seriously alright, just pop a pill and relax." Hannah spoke up, turning around in Luke's arms to plant a gentle kiss on Luke's lips before reaching up on her tiptoes and whispering something in his ear, causing his look of frustration to fade and his eyes to slightly widen.

"Alright alright....look....can we just at least get some rehearsing done today?" He asked, sending a quick wink at his girlfriend as well as a fake smile, most probably to throw her off the fact that he was still very frustrated with us all.

"Yes, master Lucas we can." Calum groaned, hopping off the kitchen stool.

"Come on guy-"

"Uh...actually there might be a bit of a problem with that." I interrupted, knowing there was no other way to go around this. I had presumed i would've been able to purchase a new drum kit before they all came over to rehearse, but unfortunately for me they just had to turn up today.

"What problem?" Michael asked, then suddenly it was as if they had all undergone mind control from the way their eyes immediately all darted to Hayley who had only just begun nibbling at her sandwich, her eyes meeting theirs fearfully.

"Is it the baby?" Hannah gasped, freeing herself from Luke's grip and taking the few steps towards Hayley placing a gentle hand on her stomach, which i knew she was uncomfortable with from the way her eyes widened and looked pleadingly into mine.

"No no it's not." I assured her, walking up to the melodramatic blonde and removing her hand from Hayley's stomach and standing by her.

"My drum kits broken."

"Ugh is that it? Dude your always breaking the damn thing." Luke groaned.

"Yeah, but see this time it's like...completely broken...totally smashed up." I explained, earning several furrowed eyed looks.

"As in...?"

"As in i need a whole new kit."

"What the hell did you do?" Calum chuckled, now standing in my previous position opposite the stools.

"I uh......" I felt Hayley shift beside me, making me wonder if she may have remembered what she had done that night.

I looked down at her briefly, the heigh difference only being a fare few inches though she hung her head low, bringing the same single sandwich up to her mouth and taking another small nibble out of it. I brought my gaze back up to address everybody else in the small kitchen confinement, took a deep breath in and admitted the truth.

"I ran over it." Well...my version of the truth.

"You what?"

"You idiot."

"Well that was dumb."

"Ashton...how in the hell did you run over it, i thought we agreed your car was going to stay outside the damn garage?" Calum asked, as Hayley snuck me a questioning look which i simply winked in response causing the faintest of smiles to form on her lips.

"Well see, i thought i could manage bringing my car inside and parking it up next to everything, but i couldn't." I shrugged, biting back my own laugh at how ridiculous my story was sounding.

"Why?"

"It....i thought it was cold out." I laughed, causing the others to release light chuckles at my newly found stupidity.

"You....you thought it was cold?." Hannah asked, furrowing her eyebrows, i simply nodded in response, hearing the slightest of giggles escape Hayley's mouth which not only seemed to catch my attention, but also Calum's as he smiled down at her.

"Idiots....the lot of you. How?- i just- ugh, i don-." Hannah stuttered, her fingers combing through her hair, portraying her annoyance. We had all come to realise that one way or another Hannah just couldn't stand us, she was never a fan of stupidity, something we were all very fond of.

"No words, i have no words." She shook her head, scanning each of us individually before walking towards the direction of the garage in a huff.

"Well she certainly took that well." I chuckled.

"Drama queen." Michael scoffed.

"So now what to we do?" Luke turned to me, looking a lot more pissed now seeing as he would also have to deal with his overdramatic girlfriend in the process of all of this.

"We'll practice with the Cajo until i get a new one. I'll have one by tomorrow or even later today if i get time." I explained, not seemingly half as bothered about all of these shows as Luke was.

He was always like this when it came down to a gig, always wanting to make sure everything was in place and everyone was ready. It was as if he had some kind of band gig ocd thing going on.

"Good...okay..fine, just wish you could have said that earlier, instead of making her go a-wall." He hissed, lowering his voice in case Hannah heard before he walked away in the direction that she left in, soon accompanied by Calum and Michael who couldn't help but mutter "whipped." Under his breath as he followed suit.

I laughed to myself at his comment, also following towards their direction.

"You didn't have to do that." Hayley spoke up, smiling at me faintly as i turned back to face her.

"Do what?"

"I know that i broke your drum kit the other night, that and the fact that i almost got sick all over you and a few other little details are the only things that i can seem to remember." She admitted with a light shoulder shrug.

"It doesn't matter, i mean i kinda deserved it right after the way i treated you." She said nothing in response and i knew she agreed with me, but knowing her would have found it too rude to admit.

"Thank you." She stood up off the stool, placing the half eaten sandwich back on the plate and wiping the crumbs off her hands before approaching me, taking the small step of rising up on her tiptoes to press a gentle kiss to my cheek.

"And I meant what i said last night.....about the baby." She gently grabbed my hand, raising it from my sides and placing it on her stomach where the baby bump was, securing her hand over it. She looked down at both of our hands, her fingers brushing over mine before she looked back up at me and smiled.

Within a few seconds she had already begun leaning in as did i without realising, watching as her eyes fluttered closed and i soon copied, feeling a spark shoot through my body when her lips brushed against mine.

"ASH ARE YOU COMING OR WHAT!" Almost as instantly as it happened, it was over. Her eyes looking up into mine with a faint tint of pink on her cheeks and i'm unsure if mine held the same colour.

I nervously moved apart, releasing an easy laugh and scratching the back of my neck.

"I should um..-...they...they wanna rehearse so-"

"It's okay." She said, biting down on her bottom lip innocently before i waved her off and turned back to the direction of the garage, almost hitting my head on the side of the door, causing her to release that beautiful laugh i once managed to hear when i met her, only to have it sounding much more melodic than before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

CUTIEEESSS :)

I SERIOUSLY LOVE THESE TWO, CUTE PATOOTIES.

THE DRAMA IS COMING AND IT WILL COME VERY SOON,OKAY, IM GONNA ADD SOME HORROR ELEMENTS IN HERE...OR AT LEAST TRY TOO.

YES YES, INCASE YOU WERE WONDERING...NATE IS COMING BACK.

OH AND JUST TO CLEAR SOMETHING UP..THE NEIGHBOURHOOD BAR IS THE BAR THAT NATE TOOK HAYLEY..REMEMBER THAT ITS IMPORTANT.

DEDICATED TO SWEETCHIX12 BECAUSE HER COMMENTS MADE MY DAY <3 THANK YOU BAYBAAAYYY

SO GUYS LEMME KNOW, WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THIS, WHAT YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN OR EVEN WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAPPEN. :)

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK MY LITTLE MUNCHKINS

-Shakila😜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

542K 11.7K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
45.1K 807 31
Their love was made for movie screens. Disclaimer: this is FICTION, in no way does this represent the reality. Please be respectful or stay quiet, we...
141K 2.9K 58
For crying out loud, Settle down! You know I can't be found with you ~~~ book 1 of The 1975 series
134K 2.2K 51
Finding your person at sixteen is not as exciting as it sounds, especially when you lose them at seventeen. For Calum, even six years later, everyon...