Someone Like You

By mgmathias

This book follows the lives of Sophia Baker and Peter Canon who due to a one-night stand, their ends meet up... More

Quote
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Three Months Later
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - Sophia's POV
Chapter 10 - Peter's POV
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 - Jamie's POV

Chapter 11

79 2 0
By mgmathias

          Jamie and Sophia gathered in the living room for a scary movie marathon. "You've got microwavable popcorn somewhere around here, right?" Sophia stood up from the carpet rug and brushed off her pajama pants, walking towards the kitchen and opening cabinets. Jamie spread her legs out on the couch and sighed. 

"Eh. Look for yourself." Jamie pretended to snore and then put on a huge smile. 

"Ha-ha. Very funny." Sophia rolled her eyes and slammed a cabinet shut, exhaling sharply. "I can't find any. Guess we'll have to settle for potato chips and..." she opened up the fridge and freezer at the same time. "pudding and popsicles. Huh, the triple P." she grabbed two popsicles along with two puddings and walked over to Jamie, dropping them on the ground. Sophia then grabbed the bag of chips and dropped them on Jamie's lap. 

"Thanks, Soph. I do appreciate the elegance." Jamie and Sophia laughed in unison before they were interrupted by footsteps coming down the hallway.

"Hey, guys. Is it okay if I take a shower?" Chaz walked into the room, no shirt on and a towel wrapped around his waist. Let's just say that dirty thoughts were running through both of the girls' minds. 

"Uh, um..." Sophia stuttered for words as her eyes gazed over his perfect structure, and his perfect abs. "Ye-yeah..."

"Yes, you can. Chaz, remember to not waste all the hot water." Jamie smiled at him and he nodded, turning to walk to the bathroom. Once he was out of ear-shot, Jamie threw her head back and laughed. "You were so dumbstruck by his body, you goof." 

"Jamie!" Sophia giggled and sat down next to her. "I am so getting you back." 

"For what? Saving your butt? You owe me." Jamie nudged Sophia with her elbow and she chuckled.  Sophia turned the TV to the channel where they were playing the marathon and pulled a blanket on top of her. "I'm still so surprised you actually agreed to this. You get so scared."

"Someone will comfort me, right?" Sophia shrugged and smirked. Jamie shook her head,

"Oh, you mean Chaz. You want his nice, moist body up against yours. Yeah, that's some hot stuff." Jamie rolled her eyes and Sophia hit her playfully. 

"You are so disgusting!" Sophia crossed her arms and pouted. 

"But you were thinking it, right?" Jamie asked her, raising her eyebrows and Sophia just blushed, looking forward to the screen. 

          Christina grabbed a handful of fries and stuffed them in her mouth, munching them down as fast as she possibly could.

"Chris, don't stuff yourself. Don't want to be a fatty." Hanna poked Christina's stomach and Christina turned her head to glare at her. Hanna shrugged innocently. "Peter called me while you were in the restroom." 

"No way! What'd he say, huh, huh?" Christina grimaced and Hanna sighed, looking around with a smile on her face. They were sitting in the mall food court. 

"You're so loud, don't make a scene." Hanna tugged her food around with her fork. "He just asked what I was up to and I said hanging with you, then he was all like, 'Cool, bye.' and hung up." she shrugged and sighed, loosening her shoulders. 

"At least we're making the tiniest bit of progress. I don't know if Sophia has seen what I did to her account yet. She's going to freak." Christina laughed and took a sip of her drink.

"About that, do you really think it's going to do anything? I thought we were supposed to make Peter jealous so he'll try to make her jealous. I don't think she's jealous. I heard that she's got some hottie they're hiding in her apartment. People have said he's so hot." Hanna smirked and took a bite of her sandwich. 

"Careful, Han. Don't want to be a fatty." Christina rolled her eyes and poked Hanna's stomach really hard that Hanna gulped. 

"Ow! Geez, I didn't poke you that hard." Hanna sighed and looked away from her, covering herself from view. 

          That night, when Hanna came home, she walked through the door and into a house filled with the scent of lemon cakes. She peeked into the living room to see her parents dining with another couple. Hoping to not get noticed, she quietly stepped onto the stairs and walked up. Before going into her own room, she opened her purse and noticed her lip gloss was gone. Hanna went into her sister's room, knowing it would be in there. 

          The sight Hanna saw when she walked in was shocking. Her sister, Marcie Rodriguez was having a chat with Jason Santos. Marcie was two years younger, a fifteen year old and to see her talking with Jason, Hanna became very protective at the moment. Hanna stepped in front of Jason and pushed him lightly. 

"You. Out." Hanna pointed towards the door with a stern look on her face and her eyebrows raised. 

"Hanna, what are you doing? We were just talking. Go to your own room." Marcie tried to pass the baracade known as her older sister and get to Jason but Hanna turned towards her and blocked her from passing. 

"Marcie, you do realize you're fifteen and he's my age." Hanna told her, gesturing towards herself and scoffing. "Are you seeing him?" 

"I'm not an idiot." Marcie rolled her eyes, crossed her arms and looked off to the side. 

"Marcie, listen to me." Hanna whispered, "You can't trust this guy." 

"Oh yeah, and why not, huh?" Marcie stepped out of line and over to Jason, grabbing his hand and heading towards the door to walk downstairs. Hanna rolled her eyes and walked across the hall to her bedroom. She felt a vibration on her thigh and she pulled her phone out of her pocket, accepting the call. 

"Hello?" Hanna sat down in front of her computer screen and ran her fingers through her hair, wanting to rest in plain silence. 

"Hanna, it's Sophia. I need to talk to you. I know we caught up on the wrong foot, I just wanted to invite you over to my place. Jamie and I are having a scary movie marathon. Figured you'd want to watch some." Sophia shrugged and sighed into the phone. 

"I'd love to but I'll rest first. I'll come over later. It'll be like seventh grade." she spoke in a squeaky voice, "Slumber party!" and chuckled. Sophia laughed through the phone,

"Yeah, sure. I hope you come. See you soon then?" 

"Of course. Uh, wait, Soph, there's something I need to tell you..." Hanna's voice drifted off as she stared out into the hallway. 

"Shoot." Sophia stuck a spoon of pudding into her mouth and slurped the pudding off the spoon, setting it down. 

"I came home and Marcie was talking to Jason. I think he and his parents are over." Hanna heard Sophia sigh on the line, "I hope there's nothing I need to worry about. I just wanted to tell you because you seem like the expert on Jason Santos." Hanna shrugged, even though Sophia couldn't see it. 

"One, please don't call me that. Second, yeah, you totally should be worried." Sophia shuddered at the memory of what Jason had tried to do to her. Her mind drifted off into its own wonderland as she attached one moment to the other. Jason trying to rape her, and then Peter saving her... 

"Ugh! That's it, I'm going to get that man whore off of my little sis, and I'm marching over to your place. Bye." Hanna interrupted her thoughts and then slammed her phone down on the desk, hurrying down the flight of stairs. 

          "You're a monster!" Hanna heard Marcie giggling from the living room and walked in to see Jason hovering over her, leaning down for a kiss. Hanna marched over to Jason, standing behind the couch, and pushed him down onto the floor. 

"What the?" Jason sat up and rubbed the bruise now forming on his temple. 

"Han!" Marcie stepped off the couch and stood up, shaking her fist. "Why do you have to ruin everything for me? I hate you!" Marcie stalked up the stairs and Hanna stood there in shock for a minute. 

"I'll go check on her." Jason was about to exit the living room when Hanna grabbed him by his shirt collar. 

"You lay one human cell on her, I'll pound lots of blood cells out onto the street." Hanna gritted her teeth, speaking through them. 

"Like I'm scared of you." he smirked down at her, "There's probably already lots of my cells on her bed." he whispered back to her. Hanna let go of him and slapped him across the face so hard that he stumbled. 

"Go home. I'm sure the devils are waiting." Hanna wiped sweat from her forehead and stormed upstairs to Marcie's room. The door was shut and locked. Hanna could hear her little sister sobbing. "Mar, let me in." 

"NO! I hate you, just go away!" Marcie cried out and Hanna went back to her room, grabbing a screwdriver. She stuck it into the screw hole and twisted it. The door opened up, and Hanna ran to Marcie's side. Marcie was kneeling down on the floor. 

"Mar, I did what was best. You have no idea what hell he put Sophia through. Believe me, you're fifteen years old, he'll take advantage of you." Hanna tried to hug Marcie, but she just pushed her away. 

"He already did that, he's not going to do it again." Marcie said quietly, hoping Hanna wouldn't hear her. Hanna's eyes widened. 

"I'm going to kill that bas-" 

"Hanna... don't tell mom and dad." Hanna couldn't believe what she was hearing. 

"Marcie, no. What did this jerk do to you? Tell me right now, I"m not taking no for an answer." Hanna stood up, pointing towards the door. 

"I told him this wasn't a serious relationship, that I wasn't ready for anything big. I wanted to wait... but he said if I wanted to be with him, I'd have to take big steps." Marcie shrugged,

"Oh God. I don't believe this!" Hanna shouted and looked up, hands on her hip. "So he made you have sex with him? That was the end of his bargain?" Marcie slowly nodded, and then began to cry. 

"You used protection, right?" Hanna became worried, and calmed down a bit. She had a feeling her outrageous attitude was scaring her sister. 

"I think so... No, I'm sure of it... Yes?" Marcie started crying even harder and Hanna's jaw dropped. 

"That's it. I'm going out to the convienence store and buying a pregnany test. I'll be back in an hour." Hanna grabbed her jacket and put it back on. 

"An hour? The convience store is down the block..." 

"I know. I'm going to that house where that thing lives, and I'm going to straighten him up. Cya, sis." Hanna rushed downstairs and out the door, making sure to check that his parents were still at her house, and that she would have some alone time with him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

985K 24.2K 55
❝ I should've listened to my heart. No matter how hard I've tried to push you away, everything leads back to you. My thoughts, the way my heart flutt...
Changed! By Stella

Mystery / Thriller

79K 2K 23
Sophia Knight is a teenager with a lot of problems. She used to live with her mother and she never knew she had a family. What happens when she meets...
922 42 26
Sophia Woods is quiet, keeps to herself, and hates attention. She moves to Charleston, South Carolina after getting emancipated to run from her terri...
289 39 28
Charlie Adams never had it easy living her sixteen years of her life in the shadow of her popular sister Sam. Charlie suffered years at the hands of...