Unexpected - Shawn Mendes

infinity_skater द्वारा

in which a popular singer faces abuse and everyone assumes his life is perfect. अधिक

Unexpected - Shawn Mendes
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty

Chapter Three

9.1K 219 129
infinity_skater द्वारा

I typed 'YouTube' into my new Macbook that Ryan provided me. He had been spending a lot of money on me lately, insisting that it was for schooling purposes. But really, I felt as if he was sorry about what happened and wanted to apologize for not being there for me through belongings. Which was completely unnecessary, but I wasn't complaining.

On the way home the other day, Shawn had told me he liked to sing and play he guitar, so I asked him to sing me something.

I could tell Shawn became a little shy and began to stutter. "Um, n-no, but y-you can watch me YouTube if you r-really want to," he'd told me.

So that's what I did. I typed his name into the search bar, and was immediately surprised at how many followers that he managed to accumulate.

I wanted to watch all of his videos, but I started  with A Drop In The Ocean by Ron Pope. I had never heard the song before, but Shawn looked extremely young in the video, pulling me in.

I smiled creepily at my computer as Shawn introduced himself, and informed his viewers it was not the whole song because he wouldn't be singing the second verse.

He carefully began strumming his guitar, taking a deep breath before singing, 

"A drop in the ocean, a change in the weather,

I was praying that you and me might end up together,

It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert,

But I'm holding you closer than most,

Cause you are my heaven,"

My jaw was practically on the floor, I had no idea that Shawn was this talented. He seemed so comfortably on camera, which surprised me because he was extremely timid about his talent earlier.

"It's like wishing for rain,

As I stand in the weather,"

I could tell that Shawn a mistake at this part, but honestly, it wasn't very noticeable. It didn't affect how talented he was, and I found myself jealous of all his abilities. 

It's hard to believe that Shawn was only fourteen years old when he uploaded this cover.

I made the decision of staying up all night, watching his videos repeatedly. I knew I would have all of the songs stuck in my head for the next few days, but I didn't mind. Although I'd just became familiar with his talent, I found myself feeling addicted to his voice.

I wondered how long it took Shawn to get as far as he did. I wondered when he started playing the guitar and realizing he could make wonders with his voice.

I wasn't even sure when I ended up falling asleep that night, but I knew I had only gotten a few hours of sleep.

By the next morning, I could barely get out of bed. I instantly regretted my decision to stay up late as I decided to take a quick shower to wake myself up.

I stripped from my loose T-shirt and thick PJ shorts with a heart pattern printed on them, and grabbed a pink fluffy towel from the closet.

I turned on the water, waiting for it to warm up, before I stepped into the shower and coated the loofa with some tropical citrus scented body wash.

I squirted some of my favorite Pantene shampoo into my hair, scrubbing it in until the suds covered my entire head of hair. I then proceed to wash it out, running my fingers through my thick hair as I did so. Afterwards, I reach for my conditioner where I take way more than the suggested amount and lather it into my hair. Once I rinsed it out, I turned off the water, grabbing the towel to wrap around my body.

The condensation of my hot shower was evident on the mirror, and I quickly wiped it away so I could better see my reflection. I was definitely going to need to do something about the dark bags under my eyes.

I blow dried my hair, which didn't take as long as I anticipated. After I was finished, I headed into my room to pick out an outfit. I decided on black, high waisted skinny jeans. In addition, I wore a baby pink sweater that Jade and I got during our shopping trip, and a black choker.

I then pull out my makeup bag, doing my usual, everyday make up look. While we were shopping, Jade recommended that I try a new concealer, the one that she uses. She informed me that it makes your skin brighter and has very high coverage. I trusted her advice, and I was thankful that I did because after using it, I didn't look so tired anymore.

Yesterday, I learned that Jade really isn't as bad as I anticipated. I wouldn't typically ask her to hang out, but I didn't have a terrible time like I expected to.

Feeling satisfied with my appearance, I bounded down the steep steps and saw Ryan standing at the island buttering two golden waffles.

"Morning sis, hungry?'," he asks as he slides the plate over to me, earning a laugh from me.

I scarfed down the delicious waffles and began packing my lunch which consisted of a Smuckers PB&J sandwich, a Sparkling Ice drink, a bag of potato chips, and a few cookies. Feeling content with what I packed, I opened the freezer and pulled out an ice pack, plopping it in with my food.

I packed my backpack, stuffing all of the binders I brought home with me into it.

Ryan took a seat next to me, smirking, "Hey, G? Why don't you see if Shawn will drive you again?"

I knew that Ryan wanted me to make friends, and he seemed to really like Shawn. I nodded in agreement, standing up and bidding him a goodbye. "See you later!"

"Bye," He kissed my cheek and tried to ruffle my hair, which I obviously didn't allow as I swatted his hand away and exited my house, heading for Shawn's. I rang the doorbell and took a few steps back, nervous.

From where I was on his front porch, I heard yelling, and instantly became curious. A few seconds after I rang the bell, the yelling came to a complete stop.

The door swung open to reveal an upset looking Shawn. His eyes were bloodshot, and his cheeks were crimson, and not from embarrassment, like they usually were.

"Oh hey," he mumbles, taking a glance at me and nodding.

"Hey. I was going to see if you could drive me again today, but I understand if you can't," I spoke, trying to avoid pushing him into doing something he didn't want to. From the looks of it, he'd had a rough morning and I wouldn't blame him for wanting to be alone.

"Yeah, whatever," he says, sort of rudely. I decide not to take his tone personally as I follow him into his car and buckle my seatbelt.

I didn't know what Shawn was so upset about. Since it seemed to be affecting his mood, I couldn't help but to ask him, "What happened?"

He looked down, "Don't worry about it," he snapped, wiping his eyes with his hands, "I'm fine."

"Shawn," I argue, "There's clearly something wrong! I just want to be here for you, why can't you tell me?"

"Because you wouldn't fucking understand," he hissed. I knew I'd crossed the line, so I slumped in my seat as Shawn drove. The silence was awkward. I wasn't offered the aux cord, and Shawn didn't play any music.

A few minutes later, I became sick of the silence. "Shawn? I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pushed you," I say sincerely, eyeing him.

He smiles at me, clearly cooling down a little, "It's alright. I shouldn't have yelled at you."

By the time we had arrived at school, Shawn was noticeably more calm and approachable. I was really happy that he wasn't as upset as he was earlier this morning.

I got out of the car, and noticed Jake, the boy who showed me around yesterday approaching me. A few girls surrounded him, which made me feel a bit nervous because I was all by myself.

"Hey Grace!" Jake greets, pulled me into a hug, "I thought you might want to meet some of my friends!"

I sent him a smile, hugging him back, "Yeah, would be nice!"

"Grace, this is Hailey, Anna, and Arielle. Girls, this is Grace, and today is her second day here," Jake introduced me to his friends, and I smiled at them.

"Hey," I say to them, noticing how pretty each of them were. Somehow, I felt as if I didn't belong in their group, but I was happy to meet new people. But considering the fact they were all I had right now, I went along with it.

In homeroom, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and make a friend. I turned to the girl that sat next to me. She had straight dirty blonde hair that went down slightly past her shoulders. Her hazel eyes were focused on the book she was reading, and she was wearing black vans, leggings, and a purple, loose shirt from Pink.

She seemed like a nice girl, so I thought that I would take a chance, since I needed some close friends anyways, "Hi! I'm Grace!"

Once she realized I was talking to her, she plopped her book onto the desk she was sitting it. Glancing at me, she replied, "I'm Morgan."

"What are you reading?" I ask her, looking at her book. I was never good at making conversation, but I was going to have to learn.

"It's called Icy Sparks, I'm not very fond of it, but there isn't really anything else to do," she laughs.

We talked for the rest of homeroom, exchanging numbers. We decide to got to the mall after school, as we texted through most of the school day.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Little Big Boy e.thotty द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

3.9K 77 21
"Going through years and years of constant bullying and abuse, deep down I know something's wrong and now it's to late to say that... I love him."
6.8K 169 53
When Shawn Mendes first stepped onto the stage, he swore he'd forget the heartache and misery left by a gap once filled by a girl he loved, that is...
31.2K 2.1K 94
When a couple truly loves each other, nothing can come between them. Right? That's what we're all taught to believe, but it's not always true. Highes...
51K 1.2K 25
No one understands that he loves me,, and always has loved me