DON AMORE (Mafia Romance) 18+

By sultryslxt

Trailer for this book is AVAILABLE NOW! If you're interested in hot, sexy, sensual, fiery and action-filled c... More

DON AMORE
Cast/Character profile & Trailer
Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Author's note
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty one
Chapter forty two
Chapter forty three
Chapter forty four
Chapter forty five
Chapter forty six
Chapter forty seven
Chapter forty eight
Chapter forty nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty one
Chapter fifty two
Chapter fifty three
Chapter fifty four
Chapter fifty five
Chapter fifty six
Chapter fifty seven
Chapter fifty eight
Chapter fifty nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty one
Chapter sixty two
Chapter sixty three
Chapter sixty four
Chapter sixty five
Chapter sixty six
Chapter sixty seven
Chapter sixty eight
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER #1
BONUS CHAPTER #2
BONUS CHAPTER #3 - FATALÈ
ALDILÀ AMORE / SHORT STORY
Q&A

Chapter sixty nine

51.5K 1.2K 364
By sultryslxt

Song - Michele Morrone - Hard for me

I kid you not, I would simp for this man ANY DAY. Actually, he can snap my neck. Periodtt.

***

Dante's POV

As I park up, my eyes trails on the whole thing in front of me before a smile curves my lips. I grip onto the steering wheel and imagine what her face would be like when she sees this. Although we had gotten married only yesterday, I felt like I had been married to her for years. This was just one of the many presents she would receive from me and there was no stop to it.

I step out of the car and examine it for the last time, to see if it was in the perfect spot for her to see. This was my present to her and I really couldn't wait to show it to her.

As I admire the car, my phone rang in my pocket and I dug through it to take it out.

"Ciao." I greet to Fabio who called me,

"Where are you?" He barked,

"I'm at the hotel. Why? Where are you?"

"It doesn't matter Dante." He panted, "We've traced the number that Adriana has been receiving the text messages from and right now, it's telling us that the phone shares the same location as us."

"What? How is that possible?"

"Dante apri i tuoi dannati occhi! He's right there, Destefano is right fùcking there!"

My breath came to a halt for a second as I glare at the hotel building that I brought just for yesterday's event. It was impossible for him to even step into my hotel because my men were scattered around the fucking building. My blood boiled at the thought of Destefano reaching Adriana before me, which instantly made me run towards the entrance.

Once I reached the main lobby, I alerted the security as well as my men to secure the area because if he was still here, we would definitely be able to capture him. My mind was focused on the fact that Adriana was probably alone with Destefano somewhere in this building which was so risky for her safety, especially Ilaria's.

I run up the staircase and reach the floor we were staying at, when I got there I glare at our door from the end of the hallway.

My heart pounded in my chest; if she wasn't in there I would be damned.

"Adriana..." I yell before I run towards the door and begin to pound on it, "Adriana are you in there?"

My skin crawls as I hear no response from the other side. Panic flooded my system as I continued to pound on the door with great efforts until I heard Ilaria's screeching voice and Adriana's strangled voice.

"Adriana, open the damn door!"

"Get away from me!" She yelled back,

"Adriana, open the door. Listen to how Ilaria is crying, she is terrified. Don't do anything stupid Adriana, please.." I began to plead as I pulled away from the door.

Adriana was so vulnerable right now, I had no idea what to do because she wasn't even opening the door. I had no access to her and I was terrified of what she would do if she continued to lock herself in that room.

Suddenly, the door slowly opened in front of me and I enter through the door once I scrutinise the place. Once I entered, Adriana was on the floor while Ilaria was crying so much for me, as she sat on the floor few feet away from Adriana, with her face absolutely red and covered in tears. I reached her and grab her to console her before I return to Adriana who was trembling on the floor.

"You're alright now, calm down I'm here." I embrace her and I kiss her head and assure her while she trembled against me, "I need you to calm down, I'm here now. He's not going to get you Gattina, I'm here now."

"Dan..Dante I can't d..do th-this anymore. He's go..ing to g-get me soon."

"No Adriana, no. He can't do that, he won't do that. I'm not going to let him do that, do you understand? Don't you trust me? I will protect you, I promised you that yesterday, didn't I?"

"I..I do but it's.. Destefano we're talking about." She cried, "I know I can't run for long, he will eventually get me."

***

My hand rests on top of hers as she faced the other way and gazed out the window. I watch her for a second before I rub my finger on her knuckles to gain her attention but she didn't look at me at all. A small frown settled on my lips as I feel the disappointment fizzle into my system; today was supposed to be a very special day for us.

"Gattina?"

"Hm?"

My hand hovers her whole hand before I bring it up to my lips and kiss her knuckle. Adriana looks over her shoulder at me and sighs nonchalantly.

"Are you sure this is the right time?" She asked as concern filled her face,

", no other time is better. You deserve this baby." I rest my lips on her hand and exhale,

"Okay." She nodded her head and frowned at me, "I'm just worried for Ilaria."

"Hey, Ilaria is in very safe hands. She got our madri, her zii and zie. You've got nothing to worry about."

A heavy frown settled on her lips as she nods her head and looks away. A dull ache formed in my heart when I watch Adriana for a second before I scrutinise the area we have already reached; we were closer to our destination however, for Adriana I'd do anything.

We were on our way to our holiday I booked for the wedding but since the incident occurred this morning, Adriana hasn't really been so fond with the idea. She deserves this which is why I haven't postponed it yet. I shouldn't because everything is sat under Fabio's, Tony's and the security's scrutiny but for Adriana's peace of mind, I think I would do anything she wants me to do.

"Bruno girare la macchina."

"Dante? What are you doing?" Adriana piped as she grabbed my arm and watched me with hope in her eyes.

"A holiday can wait, our bambina can't." I say before I nod my head at Bruno who continued to drive, "For your peace of mind, we're not going to this trip. It can be done another day."

"But you wanted this... we should go."

"No we don't, I want this when you want it and right now, I can feel that you do not feel comfortable leaving the family and I understand." I explain as I turn to her and smile at her, "Gattina, I want whatever you want. I want you to feel safe with me, so let's go home."

Adriana wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me closer to her before she kissed my lips.

"Thank you Dante, I promise I will make it up to you."

", we can discuss regarding this later, when we are at home."

Adriana smiled before she rested on my chest as the dark night loomed over us. The drive back was going to be long because we practically reached our destination before I instructed Bruno to drive us back. I informed the boys that we would return in a short while and not to worry.

An hour had passed of us slumbering on each other. Adriana gotten herself comfortable on me while I rested back on the seat of this car. I woke up to find that we were still driving back to the estate as everyone else had already returned back home earlier in the day. Adriana also just woken up as she began to rub her eyes and yawn before she stretched away from me.

"How long until we reach home?" I asked Bruno as the car came to a halt,

"un altro capo di quindici minuti."

I pull my phone out and check the time but as I was doing so, my phone flew out of my hand when Adriana pushed me down.

"Dante, get down! Get down!"

Just as we both got down, tiny shards of glasses scattered around inside of the car as the window shattered into millions of pieces onto us. I attempted to glance at the cause of this only to hear more gunshot targeted onto our car and that's when I grabbed onto Adriana and held her closely to me, following my natural instincts.

My heart pounded in my chest as I breath heavily while keeping steady on the floor of the car while Adriana was under me; I needed to protect her at all costs. I prepared for something like this to occur but never thought it would happen at the moment. Fear pooled in my stomach as I didn't let Adriana go, if she was not here then I would have been fine but she was here and that was a huge problem. I had to take extra precaution.

I glance over at Bruno, our driver and find him lifeless on the driver's seat. Blood splattered everywhere, on the front window, steering wheel and on us.

My mind itched for an idea as I began to anticipate, there was no time. I had to get us both out of here.

"Gattina are you okay?" I cup her cheeks in my hand and glare down at her, she gazed up at me in a form of shock and nodded her head quickly. "Okay, listen to me. We need to get out of here quickly, Okay? I need you to run as fast as you can when I tell you. Can you do that?"

"Y-yes." She shivered, I nodded my head and wiped the blood off her head before I kissed her lips.

We slowly and discreetly stepped out of the car but before we did, I checked to see if anyone was around us. Surprisingly, there was not a single car around us. It was likely a shoot and run as the person that fired their shots at us only intended to kill only one person, which clearly was supposed to be me but ended up being Bruno.

I held Adriana's hand firmly and ran through the empty streets until we reached what felt like a safe area. I informed the boys about the incident and immediately had them reach us within minutes since the estate was a near. Adriana kept a cautious eye as she scrutinised her surroundings while I continued to keep the boys updated.

"Are you okay Dante? Did you get hurt?" Adriana asked and I glanced over my shoulder to find the back of her head facing me.

"I'm fine-"

"Do you know who could've done this?" She cut me off before she glances over at me,

"That's not impo-"

"You almost got shot Dante, are you serious right now?" She scoffed incredulously before she rolled her eyes away from me and began to panic. I felt my stomach roll as a huge frown settled on her face before I reach for her but when I did, she pulled away from.

"Come on Adriana, I don't know. Maybe it's your father." I confess,

"Maybe?" She glared at me incredulously once again, "It's definitely him, don't be stupid Dante. You out of all people should know this."

"I know... I'm.... sorry Gattina." I apologise as I pull her closer to me and embrace her in a firm hold. Adriana shivers against my chest as she catches her breath.

"I could've lost you today. You have no idea what that does to me even thinking about it."

"You have nothing to worry about Adriana. Nothing will happen to me, many have tried to kill me, it's not that easy. So it's safe to say that I will always be here no matter what."

I continue to assure her as I expected her to react in a much panicked way but surprisingly, Adriana was doing so well. It felt like she knew my mafia work more than me.

Just as I assured her, a black SUV came into sight and instantly, I felt relief settle in my system. Fabio and the rest of the boys arrived in an instant and since they have, I knew we were safe.

"Dante... Dante... give me your gun." Adriana whispered against my shoulders. Panic had flooded back into her voice as she struggled against my body and when I did not respond, she quickly roamed her hands around my body until she reached my gun.

My brows snap into a furrow as I attempt to glance over my shoulder but before I could, Adriana pulled herself away from me with my gun and began to aim at the shadow that appeared from our right.

"Adriana! Adriana, no!" I yell but before I could get to her, she ran away from me. Dread pooled my feet when I saw who she ran towards to with the gun; it was her own father.

The last time I saw this motherfucker was years ago, just before Adriana and I separated. Since then, he has aged. Under the street lights, his silver hair shone every time he moved his head. His face was covered with tension as his skin was beginning to wrinkle. His thin lips were stretch down into a frown and his eyes were filled with so much sorrow as he watched his own daughter aim a gun at him.

"Get away from us, I'm not afraid to kill you!"

Adriana's foot came to an abrupt stop a few meters away from Destefano who stood under the street light, with a look full of concern filling his face. I reached Adriana, closer than I should be but she did not allow me to touch her.

"Dearie... you would never do that, would you? I... I can't belie-"

A loud gunshot ricocheted when Adriana pulled the trigger, targeting the floor next to Destefano. Destefano covered his ears and crouched away before he glanced up at her in complete disbelief. My muscle felt stiff from witnessing this that I had not yet realised that Fabio was behind me.

"I will do whatever it takes to keep you away from us... me!" She spat, "You're toxic, wherever you go, chaos follows."

"No dearie, no. That's not true, I'm your father. You have any idea how happy I am to finally see you after so many years! I just want to talk." Destefano cried,

"I don't want to talk!" Adriana stressed,

"Do you have a fucking death wish? Get the fuck out of here before I shoot you in the fucking heart!" I growled as I stepped closer, "She wants nothing to do with you, what part of that do you not understand?"

"Shut the fùck up Dante! Shut the fuck up!" Destefano finally exploded as he bellowed back at me. His eyes were huge as they trained on at me, a vein popped out of the right side of his head as it seemed like he was going to explode any minute now. The fact that it took one person to trigger this childish behaviour was beyond me. My fingers itched to curl into a ball and fucking destroy his fucking face right here. Adriana gasped next to me as she watched her fuck-head father have his little tantrum.

"You were never the perfect man for my daughter. My daughter is everything to me and you took that away from me. Just know that you will repent for everything you have done. I'm going to have you on your knees pleading to me to have you released to your freedom, while I have my daughter back to me."

I chuckle and shake my head before I bury my hands in my pocket, waiting for him to finish.

"Destefano, your empty threats do not intimidate me. Maybe work on that before aiming to work on your other goals." I retort and as if on cue, a couple of sirens could be heard from the distance, "Now, if you are done with your cazzate, your mortifying tantrums, I'd like to leave with my wife before the polizia arrive."

"Your wife? Bullshit! I will destroy you ten times harder than anyone has ever tried." He growled as his anger inflated his whole body. I smile sardonically at him as I take the gun away from Adriana and hold her close to me. "Just watch."

"allora buona fortuna, many have said the same exact words and look, I'm still here." I laughed as I push Adriana towards Fabio who took her to the car, into safety. "You want to kill me? Go ahead but I can guarantee you that once you begin to cause a racket, I will start a war Destefano. A war that will end with your dead corpse under my feet, rotting away just like how you should be."

"Challenge accepted." He growled menacingly,

"Challenge? No, no, no Destefano. You're getting the wrong impression." I growl, "This is not a challenge, it's a promise that I will fulfill."

The sirens got closer, closer enough for us to see the lights whirling in the nearest distance. I glared at Destefano one last time, hoping that the next time I see this motherfùcker, I would break a few bones or just end his life, before I turned around and walked away towards the car. Once I reached the car, we immediately drove away before the cops arrived.

"Are you okay Gattina?" I asked, breaking through the silence as I place my hand over hers. Adriana watched me over her shoulders before she frowned once again.

"Why do you keep provoking him?" Adriana muttered under her breath, her voice came out more of a whisper as she looked at me before she looked back out the window.

"Your father does not seem to understand the consequences of fucking up. I don't provoke him, he asked for it." I reply,

Adriana did not reply as she closed her eyes and shook her head, her annoyance was clearly displayed. I couldn't really figure out what she was annoyed at; the fact that Destefano has returned or the fact that I 'provoke' him.

We reached the estate to find half the family awake, waiting for us. As soon as we arrived home, mom got Dr Araldo to get to work in that instance to check for any signs of injury on both me and Adriana. I knew I was fine because things like this happened but I was not taking any chances on Adriana.

It was close to midnight when I was sat in bed with Ilaria by my side while Adriana was in the restroom, taking longer than she usually takes. I glance at the door of the restroom as Ilaria lays on her back, exercising her vocals.

"You want mamma or papà?" I place my hand on Ilaria's stomach and shake it a little, she giggled before she called for Adriana. "Let's go see what mama is up to then."

I abandon everything on the bed and take Ilaria in my arms before I walk towards the restroom.

"Mamma, ci manchi!" I mimic as I knock twice on the door before I opened it. As soon as I did, Adriana turned around from hovering the counter. Her eyes bulged out of her sockets and her mouth parted as she watched me by surprise.

"Dante, I...I'm coming."

"What's going on?" My voice returned back to normal as I sensed her consternation. As soon as my eyes trailed to the counter behind her, she began to step back and it seemed like she was hiding something. "Adriana?"

"It's nothing.." she tried to convince but I held Ilaria in my arms and walked into the restroom to see for myself, "Dante it's really noth.."

Adriana's words soon mumbled out of her mouth once I figured what she was doing. My foot came to an abrupt stop as I watch the countertop, I was completely surprised by this.

"You were going to do this without me?" I say as a frown settled on my lips before I faced Adriana, "When were you even going to tell me?"

Adriana sighed before she grabbed the test from the counter-top and clenched it in her hands. She closed her eyes and held it close to her chest before she inhaled and then opened her eyes to me.

"Obviously I would have, if it was positive."

She watched me for a second before she nodded her head. I pull closer to her and peck her lips before I watch her pull the test away from her chest, only to witness the shock amount of disappointment filling every corner of her face.

It was a shock to me that she even took a pregnancy test, especially at a time like this when Ilaria was still so young because we were not exactly trying.

"It's negative...." she revealed as an air of despondency surrounded her. She leaned on the counter and watched me with another huge frown before tears formed in her eyes.

"Gattina... come on, don't do this to yourself." I say as I pull her in for an embrace with my free hand. She shakes her head and releases a shaky breath in my chest. "Why did you take a test?"

"I don't know, I just haven't been feeling myself for the past couple of days, especially on our wedding day." She explained, "I thought I was pregnant because I felt so weird but maybe it was because of the excitement I felt during the wedding and...."

"It's okay," I whispered as I stroke her arm, "there is always a next time."

"Yeah..." she replied, "I guess Ilaria is enough for us."

"For now Adriana. If this becomes an issue, I will hire the best doctor out there to make sure we get another baby. I promise."

Adriana smiles up at me before she embraces me firmly. I kiss her head and then kiss Ilaria's head.

"Dante, tell me one reason why we shouldn't move to Italy."

"I can't tell you that Gattina because there isn't any." I reply before I cock up a brow and watch her, "perchè?"

"And a good reason why?"

"Well... we will be here all night because there is so many-"

"Okay. Let's do it."

I was caught off guard when she cut me off, my eyes widened as I watch Adriana for a second, to find any sign of a jest but there wasn't any. I lean off the counter and pull away from her to get a clear view of her face before a huge smile spread across my face.

"Wait, What? Seriously?" I exclaim, Ilaria jolted in my arms.

"Yes! Let's do it, I want to live the rest of my life taking every opportunity that come to us instead of waiting for nothing."

"Okay, I'll begin with the arrangement but are you sure?" I reassured and she nodded her head. I step closer to her and kiss her lips before I embrace her once again.

Nothing else matter anymore, this just mattered.

_______________

Edited June 2020 - let's talk about Michele Morrone. guys, i have never stalked someone THIS much.

after i watched 365 days, i've learned that i have major daddy issues.
who is with me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3M 84K 58
"𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮." Lonzo Mattia doesn't like strangers. Wh...
5M 154K 51
(BOOK 1 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) [COMPLETED & EDITING] * "Arie," he whispered, his smile dropping as he closed the distance between us. "I'm s...
31.1K 667 29
*arrange marriage* Marino lucciano(29) is known for being ruthless and cruel. The number 1 Italian Mafia family, is ruled by him. Having Mercy is th...
232K 3.2K 28
When Andrea is sexually unfulfilled with her fiancé she turns to her dominant best friend Lorenzo Marino one of the biggest mafia leaders for help. ...