Anarchy's Mystery

By Satan-Spawn-Angel

Natalie Artino is probably better known as Natalie Walter. She is the daughter of Ace Anarchy (Alec Artino) a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 4 (NON CAPS (: )
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 (Warning: Arch Enemies Spoilers)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 3

587 14 15
By Satan-Spawn-Angel

4 years later...

Natalie ran through the streets until she reached her destination - the tallest building in the city, standing high above everything else. The Renegades Headquarters. It'd become her new job and partially her home since two years previously. When she was fourteen and a girl had run into her in the street.

*Flashback*

She was late. Natalie flew around the corner, trying to get to the grocery store before the start of her shift. A figure blocked her way and they collided, them both falling to the floor. Natalie jumped up, brushing her long hair out of her face, the girl in front of her doing the same a moment after.

"I'm so sorry!" Natalie said, holding her grazed elbow. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." The other girl replied, tilting her head to the side as she analysed Natalie. It seemed like she knew her.

"Well, I'm so sorry for crashing into you, but I have to go! I'm already late!" As Natalie started to leave again, the girl grabbed her arm and stopped her.

"Wait! Would you happen to be Natalie Walter?" She asked, catching Natalie's attention. She was instantly wary.

"Why?" She eyed the other girl with suspicion, but she was unfazed.

"Someone said that they thought you would be a good addition to the Renegades. I recognized you from your description. They have been looking for you for a few weeks." She informed Natalie, who was still suspicious.

"Who's looking for me?"

"The Renegade Council. You know, Captain Chromium, the Dread Warden, Blacklight, Tsunami, Thunderbird..."

"Yeah, I know who the Council is. I would have to be either an idiot or completely oblivious to the world to not know them!" Natalie replied, rolling her eyes.

"I'll take you to see them." The girl said, smiling as she grabbed Natalie's arm and tried to take her to the Renegade tower.

"Uh, sorry, but I have to go. I'm already late for my shift at the grocery store." She replied, an apologetic smile on her face as she turned away.

"Oh, I'll just bring them here when your shift finishes! When will it end?" She asked cheerfully.

"Oh, that's not necessary." Natalie started backing away. This was just too weird.

"No, I insist." The girls voice took a more aggressive and determined tone as did her body. Her fingers were clenched into fists and her eyes were close to glaring, despite her smile.

Natalie wilted. "4 hours." The girls negative body language disappeared as if it hadn't been there to start with and she grinned.

"I'll see you then!" She skipped away, leaving a bewildered Natalie behind. She glanced at the large clock in the town center to see she was 10 minutes late. She cursed and took off running again.

*4 hours later*

Natalie left the store exhausted, having completely forgotten about the Renegade girl from before. She had had to do the worst jobs in punishment for being late. She pulled her long black hair with it's irregular stripe of red into a low ponytail on the nape of her neck and sighed, closing her eyes as she leaned against the brick wall of the side of the building in the shade.

"Natalie?" Natalie's eyes snapped open to see the girl from before standing in front of her with two people standing behind her. A man and a woman. But not just any man and woman. Captain Chromium and Thunderbird. Two of the cities best known heroes. Natalie slowly raised her head, watching as her main escape was blocked by the Renegades. She said nothing just stared at them from her place on the wall.

"It is Natalie, isn't it?" Thunderbird asked, eying her as if she were a liar. A fake.

"Yes, but probably not the one you're looking for." She replied, eyes searching for an exit. And escape.

"Natalie Walter? Daughter of Sara?" Captain Chromium asked, frowning. How did he know who she was? She was nobody. Unless... They knew. The truth about her. Who she was.

"Okay, that's just creepy. But... yes, that's me." She said, frowning. "You've apparently done your research."

"Yes, someone recommended you for the Renegades. They said you would be a helpful asset. But... we haven't been able to find you... until now." Thunderbird said.

"I try to avoid anyone who can tell me what to do." She replied defiantly. Captain Chromium's brow creased into a frown.

"But you've got a job at a grocery store." The other girl pointed out.

"That's different!" She exclaimed, getting exasperated with these strangers. "I need that job, whereas I don't need to be near anyone else."

"Or you don't want to." Captain Chromium said thoughtfully.

"Same difference." She replied. "Now, I hate to be a bother, but I should be going."

"Can we just have a moment more of your time, please?" Captain Chromium replied quickly. They all seemed to suddenly be on edge.

"Uh, okay..." She said, looking confused.

"If you would like to, we would welcome you as a member of the Renegades." He replied. She drew back in shock.

"Seriously?" She said, watching the three of them. "What? Just like that? Isn't there trials or something now?"

"Yes, but we think you would surpass expectations." He told her.

"You don't even know what my power is." She pointed out. "So you don't know whether or not I would be a good addition."

"You could show us." The girl said.

"Sure." She replied, smiling. She transformed her limbs into those of a black alley cat as Thunderbird shrieked and backed away. She bounded out of the alley as the girl started chasing after her. She ducked into Matt's store and watched as the three Renegades ran past. She breathed in relief only to feel it all pulled out of her as someone picked her up.

"This kitty's so cutttteeee!" A little girl squealed as she held Natalie who allowed the girl to cuddle her. She didn't enjoy it, but hopefully she'd be put down from the girl's tight hold soon.

"Yes, but the kitty needs her dinner now." Natalie heard Matt's voice say as another pair of hands wrapped around her. These were larger and more gentle. Not pulling half her fur out. She leaned into his embrace and relaxed. Not exactly the way she wanted her afternoon to go. Matt took her into a back room and placed a bowl of cat food in front of her. She glared at him as she returned to her human form.

"I'm not eating that!" He laughed and gave her a quick hug.

"Who were you hiding from this time?" She looked at him and grinned.

"Top one. Renegades. Captain Chromium and Thunderbird." She said and his eyes widened.

"Why did you hide from them?!" He exclaimed. "They're like the most awesome people ever!"

"Just because you idolize them Matt, it doesn't mean that everyone else does." She said.

"I don't idolize them, I just... admire them." He sheepishly said. She grinned.

"Yeah, sure. Anyway, I don't know whether or not to join them."

"Go for it! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!"

She smiled softly. "Yeah, I think I'll give it a shot. See how it goes." She waved goodbye before leaving the shop and entering the bustling streets beyond.

*End flashback*

Natalie jerked herself out of her memories as she reached the building. She tucked her braid into her hood and pulled it down over her eyes. Her hands were then shoved in her pockets and her head hung down. She was no one. Just another person walking into the Renegades Headquarters. A nobody. The crowds were outside as always but they paid no attention to the small girl in the dark clothes. She hurried through the doors along with the other Renegades coming to work. She hurried into the elevator and went up. Up, up, up, to the Council. She ran through the open doors and stopped with the quintet of superheroes in front of her.

"Sorry... Home... Situation." She said awkwardly. The Dread Warden, the calmest (and coolest) of them all just waved his hand.

"Don't worry about it! It's all good. You're here now, and that's what matters." She smiled gratefully before shifting into her alley cat form, her red streak of hair appearing on her ear. She moved over to the space between the chairs of the Dread Warden and Captain Chromium and sank into the shadows as the meetings commenced. Citizen after citizen came in, each stating their troubles. One of the citizens went a bit crazy which is when Natalie had to perform her job. He was mad because his grandma (who died 8 years ago, I might add) was murdered by one of the villain gangs and the Renegades did nothing to stop it. Not that the could have though. 

The man began to get violent, getting closer and closer to the Renegade leaders and looking like he was going to attack them or something. Natalie prowled out from the shadows and with each step she took, her size grew until she was the size of a panther. The green eyes shone from the mess of black fur with the red stripe on the ear. She stopped when she was right in front of him and stared. He backed away, as everyone did when confronted by the panther. She waited until he left the room before turning back into a human and sitting on a step at the side.

"I hate doing that. It feels like an abuse of power." She watched as the Council members exchanged looks and she frowned. Whenever she said something like that, they always exchanged looks. Like something was odd, but good. "Is that all of them?" She asked, head in her hands. It'd been a long day. Plus, she had her grocery store job to go to soon.

"Yep, you're free to go. Thanks again, Natalie." Thunderbird said reluctantly. She had always disliked Natalie, since the start. Probably because of the cat-bird thing. Not a good combination. Natalie flashed them a small smile before hurrying out of the room. 

Once in the elevator, Natalie pulled her hood up to hide her face. She hurried out of the building and took off running at the end of the street. Time to head home to change before leaving for her other job. Time to make sure her family were okay. Time to sacrifice more of her life for the better of everyone but her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

428K 17.4K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
1.1M 49.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
470K 13.7K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
286K 11.6K 41
แ€ค Fic แ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ€กแ€›แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€กแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€กแ€”แ€พแ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€žแ€ฌแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ Big Warning ๐Ÿšจ18+ Fic แ€แ€•แ€ฏแ€’แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ‹