Secrets

By cutepalmtree19

Imagine your whole life being a lie and all your dreams being pushed aside against your will. Imagine being t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Characters!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
WHERE HAVE I BEEN?
BRAND NEW‼️

Chapter 28

851 41 6
By cutepalmtree19

Zeon POV

I woke up the next morning feeling terrible about smashing Tay's phone and handling her as aggressive as i did. I blacked once she put her hands on me, because that's one of the most disrespectful things to me. I thought we had the mutual respect of not putting hands on one another aggressively. She don't see me slapping her around. I understand that shes upset about me lying to her, but it's honestly only in the best interest of her. I'm trying to keep her and my daughter as safe as possible. Staying in Cuba is as safe as she'll be.

I walked into the kitchen where my grandmother was cooking breakfast. I went to go hug her and she literally pushed me off of her and continued doing what she was doing. I heard a chuckle and I turned my head to my grandfather.

"What's the issue?" I asked my grandmother but she just ignored me.

"She heard y'all yelling last night and then Tay had bruises on her wrist this morning." My grandfather said. I sighed and shook my head.

"Abuela, chill out." I said. She don't even know what was going on.

"Don't tell me to chill out. YOU have to chill out. Why you putting your hands on your wife like as if you're crazy. That's not how you were raised." She pointed a finger in my face.

"She smacked me across the face, what the fuck was I supposed to do? That shits not sliding with me. I ain't even put my hands on her, I just grabbed her wrist."

"I heard smashing and yelling too. You're not gonna be treating her wrongly."

"Abuela this is my relationship and I'm the man of the relationship. I have it all under control and you don't have to worry. We'll settle it."

"You don't even know what to do as a husband. You just tricked your wife into coming on vacation just to tell her she's not going home. She has the right to be upset with your ugly ass." She said then went back to cooking.

"I'm doing it for her safety!" I raised my voice.

"She is your WIFE and she is a grown woman. Any decision made should be made between the two of you. She is grown and doesn't need you to be making orders and decisions for her. You have one child and her name is Julissa, not Tayeisha." My grandfather said, making me sigh and shake my head. Nobody even hearing me.

"Yeah I get it. I'll let her make whatever decision she wants to make since that's what every damn body wants." I snapped then walked out of the kitchen.

I'm gonna let Tay decide what she wants to do. I'm still gonna go through any means necessary to ensure that my daughter and her are safe at all times. I'm gonna have no rest especially if she decides to go back to New York. If she stays in Cuba I'll at least know and trust the people that she's around.

I walked right towards Tay's room and I let myself in. She looked over at me then rolled her eyes. She was breast feeding Julissa while watching tv.

"Are you gonna speak or continue standing there like a dumbass?" She asked with a sharp tone. I furrowed my eyebrows and clenched my fist.

"You done being disrespectful?" I asked back.

"You done making stupid ass choices?"

"I ain't about to do this childish shit with yo grown ass Julissa. You gonna talk to me like an adult or we don't have to talk at all." I said, letting her know i wasn't messing with her.

It was silent between us two. She finished feeding Julissa and adjusted her breast back into her bra. She then held the baby on her shoulder and started to burp her. She acted like as if we weren't just interacting.

"What do you want Zeon."

"Listen, I know you're mad about me making the decision to keep you here for your safety. I wasn't being considerate of your feelings and your personal life. I'm just trying to look out for you and my daughter. If anything happens to y'all, I'll be done." I said. She didn't say anything, and she just continued to look at me.

"Ok...so where are you going with this?" She asked dryly.

"First, can you accept my apologies? We're grown and we still make mistakes, and I'm here owning up to mine." I said. Julissa started to cry and I walked over taking her from Tay. I calmed her down while waiting for Tay's answer.

"Zeon, I accept the apology, but next time you handle me like that, I will separate me and my daughter from the situation." She said. I frowned and looked at her up and down. It's taking everything in me not to snap, cause don't ever say you'll take my child away from me.

"I am going to let you decide what you want to do from this point on. If you would like to return home, then you can. If you decide to stay here in Cuba, you definitely can and my grandparents would be happy to have you and Juju." I said. She nodded her head after I finished talking.

"I will be returning home. Your family is lovely, your country is lovely, but I have to return back to my life. I've already contacted my job, they're happy to have me back and I'm going to be returning when we get back home." She said. I raised an eyebrow, not really amused.

"Excuse me? You weren't going to talk to me before making that decision? We got a baby." I said. She sucked her teeth and waved me off before turning around. I used my free hand to grab her, stopping her from moving. She turned around and folded her arms across her chest.

"What Zeon? I'm not gonna stand here and listen to your controlling ass." She snapped.

"First you better calm the fuck down, talking to me like you're crazy. Second of all, I expect for you to stay home and take care of Julissa. I know I've said before that I don't have a problem with you working, but I don't want you to now that we have a baby. I make enough money to take care of us." I said.

I'm just being honest. Growing up, my father was the man of the house and my mom enjoyed life and took care of me. My dad took care of all the bills, school money, anything financial, he handled it. Then my mom was there for every game, recital, prom, graduation, etc. that's just how I was raised; man takes care of the finances, wife takes care of the kids and house and enjoys life.

"You fail to realize that I have my degree and I have a job. All of which I got before you so I'd be damned if you take it away from me. I don't care how much money I'm making, it makes me happy. That's all you should care about, my happiness. Staying at home all day everyday doesn't make me happy. You never put me and my feelings into consideration." She rolled her eyes but I can see them get glossy. I hate when she cries man.

"Aight Aight ma. I hear you and ima start being more considerate. Just don't cry now please. I'm not tryna fight with you over this because it's not gonna benefit either one of us. Do what you think is necessary." I told her. She took a sleeping Julissa out my arms and walked away from me. Now I got to deal with her attitude for the rest of this trip.

Tayeisha POV

I hope Zeon didn't think that everything was sweet because he realized what he did was out of pocket. I was going to go home anyways, no matter what he said. I don't understand why the men in my life chose to dictate every part of it. I wasn't even allowed to fall in love with who I wanted. I was literally used as a business transaction for my father. Then now my husband tried to leave me on an island. It's truly ridiculous. I'm just glad that tomorrow is the last day on this trip because I'm ready to go.

After I set Julissa down to sleep, I used that time to shower and get dressed for the day. I really just want to stay in the house and relax before leaving. Zeon wanted to take me out to eat but that is looking really slow. The last thing I want to do is be stuck at a restaurant with him. By the time I finished getting ready, Julissa had woke up and was just talking to herself. I picked up my sweet baby before leaving the room and heading downstairs.

"Good morning my beautiful daughter." Zeon's grandma greeted me with a hug and kiss on the cheek and then kissing Julissa on her chubby cheek. Zeon was sitting on top of the island texting on his phone.

"Good morning. Say hi Juju!" I took Julissa's hand and made her wave. She just stuck her hand in her mouth and proceeded to bite on it. My baby is starting to teeth.

I walked right past Zeon, not saying anything to him. I'm still mad at him and I don't plan on doing any lovey dovey shit with him at all. David came in to the room and said hi to everyone. I know he has been enjoying this vacation because I've barely seen him around.

"Let me talk to you in the living room Tayeisha." Zeon's grandma said, motioning towards the living room. I sighed and followed behind her.

She sat down on one of the couches and I sat next to her, sitting Julissa in my lap as she continued to babble. I'm lowkey nervous about speaking to her because I know it's concerning Zeon.

"I just wanted to make sure you're ok first. I know you and Zeon were fighting last night and that boy has no sense sometimes." She shook her head making me smirk a little.

"Yeah I'm fine. Need a new phone now, but other than that I'm good. I'm upset at Zeon." I said.

"Understandable, I would be too. I don't know why he would do what he did. He gets that alpha male attitude from him grandfather and father. My husband tried it with me but I said no! You have to be firm with these men Tayeisha." She said, balling up her fist for emphasis.

"I know and I'm trying. I feel like I'm losing my independence the longer I just stay home and be a wife. Zeon wants me to stay home and take care of Julissa and not work. But I'm not comfortable with that." I confided in her. I don't want to continue fighting with Zeon over this, but he's stubborn and doesn't listen.

"I think that you two need to work on compromise, sí? Communicate with each other and make him listen. He loves you and I can tell, your happiness and safety is his priority." She said. I was about to reply but Zeon entered the room and Julissa started to get excited.

"Can I speak with her real quick Abuela?" Zeon asked.

"Sí of course. Behave." She warned him before getting up and leaving the room. Z took her seat and it was quiet for a moment.

"So we leave soon and I want to take you out tonight. Just you and me, no baby. Like old times." He said. I scrunched up my face and looked at him to see if he was serious.

"I was my own person back then. I didn't have you pushing the expectations of being a stay at home mother with no mind of her own, on to me." I shrugged. I wiped Julissa's mouth with her bib because she was drooling everywhere.

"I already apologized Tay. I'm trying to make it up to you, and I want to end off this trip on a good note. I'm trying my best with this whole husband thing and i can only learn from my mistakes, hopefully I don't make too many. You know I just want the best for you and Julissa. Y'all are my world." He said. I looked down at Juju who was minding her business and smiled. We really made a beautiful little baby.

"Where we going?" I asked, making him smirk.

"It's a surprise baby girl. Just be ready by 8." He said then stood up. He thinks he slick and shit, knowing I hate surprises.

"What do i wear though." I asked.

"You always look good so it doesn't matter. Dress up like you'd usual dress for date night." He said, sending me a wink, then walking out the room.

Through all his crazy, he knows how to turn my mood around. I love and hate him at the same time, but can't see my life without him. That's really how marriage is.

...

I slipped on my nude LV heels, completing my outfit. I opted for a simple black dress, with some nude heels and had my hair in its naturally curly state. I didn't put any makeup on besides lashes and lip gloss. I just didn't have energy. I grabbed my purse before heading out the room and down the stairs. Zeon had been ready and was just waiting for me. I walked into the family room where his grandparents were cuddled up on the couch and Zeon was talking with David.

"I'm ready." I said catching everyone's attention.

"Wowwww ok. You two better not make another Julissa tonight, looking like that." Zeon's grandmother said, making me bust out laughing. There will be no baby making occurring.

"Chill," Zeon laughed. "You look beautiful babe." He said, walking over to me and giving me a soft kiss.

"Thank you. Where my baby?" I asked, realizing I didn't hear her babbling.

"She's asleep upstairs." He said. I nodded, glad that she went to bed on time. She sleeps throughout the night till 5am so I don't have to stress about her waking up when I'm not there.

"Ok good. If she wakes up and is cranky just call me and we'll be back soon." I said, earning a glare from Z.

"Nah none of that. They not gonna call our phone, they got it." He said. I have no energy to argue so I just sighed and dropped the topic.

We said our final goodbyes before leaving the house. Surprisingly, Z is driving to dinner. He has barely driven this whole trip. As he drove, I stole looks, noticing how focused he was on the road. I have no idea what he's thinking about, but he looked fine as hell while doing it.

It didn't take us long before we pulled up to the restaurant and valet came towards the car. At this time of night, this area was busy and it looked like a whole bunch of people who have money, wanting to go out and have a good time. Zeon came over to my side and helped me out the car before leading the way into the restaurant.

"Reservation for two under Zeon Bello." He told the hostess. She nodded and led us to our table. Zeon pulled my chair out before taking his own seat.

"Well, this place is beautiful. Looks very expensive." I joked, earning a smirk from him.

"Yeah, it definitely isn't cheap, but you know money isn't a thing." He shrugged. I looked over the menu and the prices made me lose my appetite.

"I'm about to just get a salad." I said more to myself, not intending for Zeon to hear me.

"Don't get a fucking salad. Get some real food Tay, I'm serious." He said. I sighed and continued to look through the menu.

After we ordered, it was just us and it was quiet for a bit. I'd pull out my phone, but I no longer have one since Zeon wants to be a crazy person.

"So how'd you enjoy Cuba?" He asked me.

"I loved it to be honest. It's such a beautiful place and I'd come back. The sex was definitely different and I couldn't understand why it was so good, but I get it now. You just wanted me to remember what I have cause you thought I was gonna stay." I shook my head. He busted out laughing, clapping his hands and everything.

"That's a fact. Couldn't have you even contemplating giving my shit out. I'd have to come and kill somebody." He laughed, but I know he's completely serious. "You know one thing I don't play about is you. You're my wife, we growing old together. If I ever made you think I feel anything less than love for you, I truly apologize. Everything I do, I think about you and Juju." He said. I sighed and looked down at my nails.

"Why though Zeon. Why would you keep Tez and his brother as hostages knowing it's wrong and dangerous?" I asked him.

"One thing you should know about me is that I'm not pussy. Never been one and not gonna be one now. Those niggas had me fucked up messing with what's mine. I wasn't gonna let them off the hook." He said.

"You know that I told you to leave it alone Zeon." I said, shaking my head.

"I already had my mind made up. I'll admit, I fucked up by letting them get away, I should've just killed them from the jump. Trust me, I'm finding them and ending them first thing when we get home." He said.

"Zeon, no." I said simply. It's too fucking dangerous.

"Tay..."

"Z please, I don't want anything happening to you." I said.

"Nothing is going to happen to me. I grew up doing this, seeing my dad do this effortlessly. If I don't off them, then I'm putting you and Juju in danger. I'm doing it and I don't want to hear anything more about it."

"But.."

"Tayeisha, I know you heard me." He said, giving me a serious glare. I sighed and dropped the topic.

It was quiet between us with Zeon's phone going off occasionally. Even in another country he's as busy as ever, I don't understand. But, he ignored them all giving me his undecided attention even though we weren't speaking.

"Would you want to go on another trip before the year ends?" He asked. Right when he asked that, our food came.

I sat and thought about taking another trip, but the idea didn't appeal to me. I think this trip is enough for me. I'm not used to just going on trip like that because my dad was always too busy for family vacations.

"No, I'm ok. I kinda want to focus on work and stuff." I shrugged.

"So you gonna be working 9-5 now?" He asked.

"Yup." I said, popping the p. "My mom already said she'll watch Julissa for us." I said. I have this all planned out.

"I'm gonna take some days off, change my schedule up a bit so that I can watch Julissa while you're gone." He said. I looked up at him and smiled a big ass smile.

I can tell he's trying. Me being mad at him really effected him and I'm loving this effort he's putting in. Makes me fall more in love with him.

"Wow that makes me so happy baby. I'm living the support."

"Anything for you. Happy wife, happy life huh." He said making me chuckle. That's right baby.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 111 33
A girl, Park Y/n, with horrible past memories and a boy, kim namjoon, the mafia king. What happens when y/n's family set an arranged marriage with th...
The Ordained Bride By Of_Ink

Historical Fiction

333K 17.5K 29
Lies, schemes, adultery and murder rule the Royal Courts. Kleio Fairfax is sucked into this chaotic world when she is ordained to marry a man she do...
7K 438 37
Unaware of the truth of her marriage, Vividha feels trapped in her loveless relation with Ved but still hopes for improvement. Meanwhile, Ved finds h...
1.2K 75 37
She thought she had found her love of her life until she met him but problem was she had a boyfriend what would she do , breakup ? Or lose him ? Fi...