She's My Constant

By SkyWrites102

Cast Of Characters: Glaiza De Castro as Destiny S. Valerio Rhian Ramos as Kate Denise R. Howell Solenn Heuss... More

College Friends and Feelings
Heartbreaks
Killer on the loose
Remembering Destiny
Force of Habit
Habits Stay
Monday Blues
Bloody Grey
Kate vs. Eve
Sleep Tight
Over the moon
Sunshine
Eve, The Apple of their Eyes
Friyay
Meet the parents
In her loving Memory
Together
Mr. Montenegro will see you now
Solenn's Blessing
Valentine's Day Plans
I Choose You
Downfall
Truth about us
Eve's Temptation
1 Month in
Of Cafes and Men
Seventh Month
She will be loved
All of Me
Author's Note
Author's Note on the Commentaries

Letting you go

647 23 2
By SkyWrites102

Eve's POV:

After Destiny left, Brian emerged from the building. He saw me standing at the smoking area. He approached me and smiled. 

"Hey, are you alright? Where's Destiny?" He asked me

"I asked her to leave. I can't let her hear my confessions." I answered him.

"Eve, Destiny only wanted to help you, that is why she agreed to do this." He said.

"I know Brian, but I have feelings for her. So, I don't want her to bother with me anymore, especially now that she's happy and in love with Kate." 

"Come, let's talk about this over lunch, I'll treat you." He smiled at me

While he drags me to his car, he opens the door for me. He alights the driver's seat and started the ignition. 

"Eve, I'm really sorry if I haven't been honest with you all these time." Brian confessed.

"What do you mean Brian?" I asked

"Remember when you asked me, where Destiny has gone to, I said I didn't know." 

"Yeah." I answered

"I knew all along, but at the time, I believe she wasn't right for you. I felt like she isn't ready to let go of her first love, Solenn. I didn't want her to hurt you." 

"Solenn, tell me about Solenn." I asked him.

"Solenn, looks just like you. I'm sure she already showed you her photo." 

"Yeah she did earlier today." 

"She was her first love. It was back when we were in pre-school at the time, Destiny handed Solenn a Valentine Card. She told Solenn that she loves her." He chuckled

"Solenn at first told the teacher, which tipped off Destiny's parents. Good thing they were loving and accepting parents." He added

"Kinder until 2nd Grade, Destiny didn't stop giving Solenn the attention. As time went by, Solenn finally gave her yes to Destiny on our 2nd Grade." 

"They were my best friends, so I agreed to be Solenn's beard, because her parents are Catholics, they believe that their love is against the Lord's will. For a while, they believed I was Solenn's boyfriend. Until Solenn got caught, her Mother got a hold of her Cellphone one time. Since there were no pass codes yet at the time,  she saw Destiny's Messages to Solenn. Her parents were furious, they would transfer her the following school year to a different school."

"What happened?" I asked

"Solenn, didn't have the strength to tell Destiny what was going on at home, we hanged out in the middle of the summer break. The last time, she laughed so much at Destiny's corny jokes. The night as we parted ways, all three of us, she smiled and hugged us. She whispered her I love you to Destiny. She have sent us separate emails in the morning at 10 AM, saying she's already dead. At first we didn't believe, how could she right? We found out later on that she used a new website where you can schedule emails to be sent out in the future." 

"She slashed her wrists, multiple deep cuts. She bled herself out while every one was asleep. In the morning, it was the maids who found her, lifeless. She didn't leave any email or note for her parents, she made us promise on her email that we won't tell her parents the reason, because she didn't want Destiny to be blamed. But of course, Destiny was forbidden and accused of killing her, they said they will press charges against her, if she comes near their daughter. My heart ached for them both. So after every one has left the cemetery, I brought Destiny to her grave. She cried and cried until there was no more tears she could cry. I can only hug her. But I couldn't take away her pain. She didn't need to be told either." 

"Oh my God. I didn't know."

"It's okay Eve, but I hope you understand why I didn't tell you. I just don't want her to use you and hurt you. Will you forgive me?" 

"No, that's the past Brian. I can no longer change that. I forgive you, I forgive myself for taking this long to let her go." 

"Eve, it doesn't have to end here. You two can still be friends. She's trying to do that now. This is her little way of helping you. I suggest you take her up for it. Because if ever, you'd be detained in Jail for such a long time, you murdered 8 Men." He lets it sink in.

He continued to drive, until we reached Century City Mall. He parked his car and opened the door for me once again. He held my hand and dragged me over.

"Hey, stop dragging me." I said to him.

He laughed

"I'm not dragging you, I'm hungry." he said

I laughed at him and shook my head.

"Where are we eating anyway?" I asked him

"Bad Bird." He says while he was walking briskly

After a few minutes, we entered a food hall, we ordered our food first. 

I ordered their corn and coleslaw plate, Brian ordered the Dirty Rice plate double. 

"You're going to eat two chickens?!" I said in surprise. 

"Yeah, I am eating two chickens. Why does that even surprise you?" 

I laughed, Brian is after all a big bear, he continues to order a few more items from the menu. 

"God, Brian! That's a lot! Can you finish those?" I said.

"I'm sharing those starters with you. What are you talking about?" he laughed

"Alright." I laughed as well.

We found a seat and sat with our orders in tow. We started to eat. 

"Let's talk about the second guy." He says

*****Flashback*****

It was in my second year of working for Gold Rush. I filled in for a project manager, because she had an emergency with her kid. I went into a client meeting with a hotshot boss. He looks younger than his age and he knows it, he has suave and his style is impeccable. He enjoys lavishing himself with expensive things.

His mistake was the wedding band on his ring finger. After the initial meeting, I didn't really pursue him, but the man was powerful, he has 99% of his business running on Gold Rush, He threatened my boss to pull out his ads, the only way to keep him was for me to meet with him. At the time, I had a few small projects that went well, I was applying for a managerial level post. But the application won't push through if I didn't meet with him.

My boss is a shrewd for money, he would do anything to keep the clients happy. I was left with out a choice. So, I met with him. I lead Greg Morrison, a half Filipino, Half American to sign the contract with Gold Rush.

A week after he had signed, he invited me out to 'celebrate' our partnership. My boss asked me to go, with the promise of getting promoted as an account manager.

We had dinner at a 5-star restaurant. After the dinner, he took me to his condo.

"Make yourself feel at home." He says as he ushered me into his abode.

"Care for something to drink?" He asked me

"An Apple Martini please." I answered

Before he went to the bar, he turned on his entertainment system. A few key presses on the remote and soft jazz music started to play. I sat at the couch, marvelling at the beautiful city lights at his window.

He went to the bar and mixed the drinks, he served them to me right after. We first sat at the couch, sipping on my martini. The next song played, Red Garland's The Very Thought Of You. He sets his glass down and takes mine to set it down on the table. He stands and he said.

"May I have this dance?"

as he reached out for my hand. I took it, we swayed with the music, his hands travelling down my butt, it lingered there. I ignored it. We swayed slowly. By the time the next song played, we were on the couch, kissing each other with passion and fire. The song was one of my Dad's favorite. Stan Getz's But beautiful.

I straddled on his lap, my core felt his hard on, I sat on it and ground my hips on it. Every grind, made him harder by the minute. I put my arms behind his nape, his face on my breasts, as he showered me with kisses down my neck and breast, it started with little gentle pecks, then wet kisses. I was beginning to lose it. I unraveled the steel coil bracelet I wore around his neck and I strangled him.

His eyes, once a hotshot turned to a begging man. He had the world in his hands. Before his last breath, I took the jungle knife strapped in my right thigh. I stabbed his chest repeatedly. The last stab, I dragged it down to open his chest up. I cleaned myself up in his kitchen sink. Then I went home.

*********************************
Kate's POV:

Once we got back to my office, we took a moment to sit in the couch. I knew Destiny was tired, she doesn't speak, but I feel her pull me closer to her body. I let her be. She kisses the top of my head.

"Babe, can I take you out for dinner?" she asked me.

I look up to her, I was studying her eyes.

"Yes, you can, Babe." I answered

But neither of us stood to get our stuff ready and leave our office. I hugged her once more.

I felt her body collapse in the hug.

"I have something to tell you." She says

"What is it Babe?"

She looks into my eyes, hers was worried and gauging me.

Mine was full of understanding and patience.

"I hugged Eve earlier, just a friendly one. I kissed the top of her forehead too." She guiltily admitted.

I smiled at her. She thinks, this will hurt me, but it doesn't. Because in the last ten years, everything we have gone through, I would do it all over again, if it meant that I could hold her like this, if it meant that someday, she will love me back.

"You've always been sweet to your friends, you did that to me, to Sally, to Rachel, to Ariana and to Kathrina, whenever they needed assurance."

I smiled as I remember her do it for our college friends, for different reasons. But it meant the same, it was her assurance she will never leave you as her friend.

"Do you remember that one time, when Rachel and Ariana almost broke up?" I followed up.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"You talked to Rachel, you calmed her down, you made her think about how she truly loved Ariana. You promised her everything will be all right. I saw you hug her and kissed her forehead as Rachel cried in your arms."

"The following day, I had to talk to Ariana, I gave her the same hug and kissed the top of her head." She says

"Yeah, now they're still going at it. They're definitely stronger now." I smiled at her

"Is that why you bought me chocolates earlier?"

I asked her

"No, I just thought of it, just like me taking you out to dinner, because I missed you today." She said sincerely, I looked into her eyes, they were telling me her sincerity.

"Hmmm, okay. We'd better be going."

I placed a soft and chaste kiss on her lips, she relaxed and the guilt she was showing earlier had vanished. I love how she couldn't hide her emotions from me, those eyes of hers are the best thing I've ever stared at for the last 10 years.

I got up from the couch to pack my stuff up, she gets my computer bag, she puts her arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to her body as we walk to the elevator.

We got to the car, like usual, she opens the door for me, buckles me in and kisses my forehead or head. Once she got in the car, she buckles herself and starts the ignition.

I stared out the window, thinking about things, I know we just started our relationship, but it feels like we've been together for 10 years now. I couldn't remember an instance that she wasn't there, although we went through a horrible period, I never for once felt like we were fuck buddies, it felt like we were in a relationship, because we practically lived together, ate together, slept and bathed together.

I can only remember her, no one else. At HGC, people knew me as being married, so I secretly dated guys, back when Destiny was emotionally unavailable. But after a month or two if I'm being too kind, I would tell them it's not working out, I always had reasons. But there was only one reason. This woman beside me owns my heart, mind and body.

From the first day we met, there was a spark. Once she helped me pick up the pile of books, the first time I laid my eyes on her, that was the tipping point for me. It was a first, I've had a few boyfriends back in college and High School days, but none was as sudden as Destiny. I found myself instantly drawn to her. That I practically insisted that we were friends, it was like I didn't even gave her a chance to decline.

I laughed to myself at the reminiscing I did, D noticed.

"Are you okay, babe? Why are you laughing on your own? Have you gone crazy?" I heard her tease me while she chuckles at her teasing comment.

"Just reminiscing about you and I. How we came to be." I smiled goofily at her

"I know how crazy you were for me, you were a relentless woman, Mrs. Valerio." she chuckled again

I hit her arm

"Hmmppphhh! You like me going crazy over you. If I know, you only took so long because you were enjoying the attention."

I laughed at her

"No, I didn't. I was just not yet ready." She says

"Ugh, girls." I rolled my eyes at her.

"But, I am ready now, I am ready to marry you, love you with all my heart, take care of you and support you." She briefly looked at me and gave me a smile.

"Patience, babe. We'll get there." I assured her.

She held my hand and kissed it.

"I will wait for you Miss Howell, even if it takes you a lifetime."

"I don't think it will take me a lifetime babe." I laughed

"Can't wait to make you mine." she said as she parked the car in front of the restaurant.

"I am all yours, you know that Mister Valerio."

She chuckled and gave me a quick peck on my lips before alighting the car. She opened my door and held her hand out to assist me. Such a gentlewoman.

We walked to the door, hand in hand she brought me to our favorite italian restaurant, we discovered the place one evening.

*****Flashback*****

After one of our fights, I was giving her the silent treatment, I was still upset at her for carrying me into her car in front of our college friends, because I was blatantly ignoring her.

It was a twenty four hour Italian place, since it was late she decided to stop here as it was the only restaurant open at the time. She opened the door for me, when she realized, I won't be coming in, she unbuckles me from my seat and carried me over her shoulder.

I was screaming at her, pounding her back, demanding that she puts me down. She did put me down, she held my wrist firmly.

"We'll get dinner, it's already late and you haven't had anything to eat yet." She said firmly as if I didn't have any choice.

She continued walking to the door, pulling me along with her. We sat down at the farthest booth. She sat beside me.

I was still feeling angry at how she treated me. So, when she was ordering, I didn't say anything.

"Kate, the man is asking you what your order is." I didn't respond. I stared blankly to the door in front of us.

She sighed and ordered Carbonara for me, she knows I love Carbonara.

After the waiter had gone to the kitchen to place our orders, there was silence between us two. She broke the silence.

"Kate, I'm sorry." I heard her say

"What are you sorry for?" I asked her, challenging her.

"For the way I behaved towards Jason, For kidnapping you and for being too annoying."

"D, you know Jason was an ex, right?" I asked her calmly

She bowed her head silently, before nodding.

"So, you also know that I don't have any plans of getting back with him right?" I asked her again.

"I don't know about you, but I don't like the way he touches you." she says rather harshly

"What is it with the way he touches me?" I raised my eyebrow at her

"Just... I just don't like it." she said

"D, you don't even make sense right now." I said exasperatedly

She sighed

"Okay... I have to tell you something." She said giving up her nonsense. I looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

"I overheard him, he was planning on getting you back, he was going to ask you to the dance, he plans to drug your drink and rape you." She continued

"I don't believe you." I said.

She pulls out her phone, she gave it to me and had me watch a video. There it was, Jason. Talking to a friend of his. About his evil plans.

I was flustered at the video, but still had a doubt about it. I know Jason won't be capable of doing those things.

"How did you get a hold of this video?" I asked her

"I am friends with one of his team mates, he told me about his plans, when I didn't believe it, he took a video of his confession."

I felt weak, I couldn't speak, tears suddenly fell down on my face, if she wasn't rude with Jason, which caused us a falling out, we won't get to talk like this. I hugged her tightly, burying my face at the crook of her neck. She lets me stay there, her hand caressing my back to soothe me, she kisses the top of my head.

"So, now you understand why I was rude when he started to hang out with you again." she said

I was silent, I only nodded my head yes. She pushed my chin up to look me in the eye. She proceeds to wipe my tear stained cheeks and my eye dry.

"Stop crying, Kate." She said as she softly kissed my forehead, my eye lids, my nose, my cheeks and gave me a chaste peck on my lips.

"Thank you for saving me. You're forgiven." I whispered at her ear.

The following day at school, she was being sweet and clingy, Jason thought that D was now my girlfriend, Jason approached us, D put her arm around me and pulled me closer once he did. Jason greeted everyone.

"Hey, Kate, I was going to invite you out to the dance. You know, as a friend. Knowing you're single and I am too."

"Jason, I'm sorry. I can't. Because, D already asked me to go."

He looked at D and then me.

"We're dating now." I told him

"Oh... I see. Thank you, and I'm sorry, D."

"No, big deal man. I trust my girlfriend." D answered him.

He walks away from the group.

"Okay, what was that?" Rachel asked D and I.

As our friends gave us a questioning look, signalling it was time for us to tell them.

"Guys, D found out about Jason's plans of drugging my drink during the dance to rape me." I told our friends.

"D, is that true?" Rachel asked D.

D only looked at them, she pulled out her phone and gave it to them. They played the video.

After playing the video, they were all silent.

"His team mate told me, because the guy knew I was close to Kate. That video he took as proof."

Ever since then our friends at school would always tease us both. The entire student body, assumed that D and I were indeed a couple, they gossiped about us. I didn't mind them, because I was already in love with D.

I was pulled out of my reverie with D's voice.

"Penny for your thoughts?" She smiled after the waiter took our order.

"You remember our second major fight?" I asked her.

"Yes, you were being a brat." She chuckled

"You had to kidnap me to talk to me." I chuckled

"Because you wouldn't pick up my calls, you wouldn't reply to my texts and has blatantly ignored me at school." She answered me in her defense.

"Babe, thank you for saving me. Because that day moving forward, you took care of me."

She pulled me close to her body, kissed the top of my head and said.

"Welcome, babe. You know now, that I will always do it for you." she said

"I know. I never doubted." I smiled at her

I always trusted her, although out of us two she often has jealous fits. It has only been in the recent years did she manage to not be jealous.

Our orders arrived, we both gave each other a portion of our food and ate. Like old times, I can't help but feel so special to her, the way she took care of me all these years, I come to understand now why she did it. Because she loved me even then. She always did. I am grateful to have known her.

"Babe, do you remember our third major fight?" She chuckled

*****Flashback*****

We were out with our friends, partying and getting hammered. It has been a year since I graduated, I started to work for my Dad's company right after graduation. It was only a few days ago, when D and I first had sex, she was drunk again. I didn't mind that she was drunk, all I cared about was to give her something to think about.

She was being dense, because the past few nights, she's been taking home women who flirts with her. I would see them come out her unit in the morning, as I walk towards her unit to bring her breakfast. First, I couldn't control my emotions. Tonight is no different. There she is, flirting with a woman again. My mood visibly turned sour, our friends noticed.

"Kate, are you alright?" It was Rachel who asked me.

I fake smiled at Rachel before answering

"Yeah, don't worry about me. I'm fine." Out of all our Friends, it was Rachel who understood my feelings for D, she was my bestfriend and D became her bestfriend too eventually.

She gave me the I don't buy your shit Howell kind of look.

"Guys, excuse us. We'll just go to the bathroom." She says to the gang as she dragged me with her, we went to the back exit.

"Alright, Howell. Spill." She said to me

"I don't know what you're talking about Peters." I huffed at her

"If you think you can fool me, bish you're wrong. Spill it Howell or I will drag D over here."

She threatened me and I knew how dead serious she was.

"Okay, okay. I'll talk."

"Good, I'm listening." she said as she crossed her arm across her chest.

"So, uhm, I feel jealous of the girls who flirts with D."

She shook her head

"Ugh, Howell! How many times have you been through this?" she rolled her eyes at me.

"But, something happened." I trailed off

She raised an eyebrow at me

"What did you do this time Howell?"

"D.. Uhm... D and I had sex a couple of days ago."

"What?!" She slapped her forehead

"I know, it was so stupid of me Peters." I said dejectedly

"No, that was not stupid. I mean if you wanted to do that, there's nothing I can or the other girls can do, but have you guys talked about it after?"

"No. We haven't talked yet." I answered

"Goddamn. Ugh! Howell!!!" She screamed.

"I don't have the strength to confront her, we did it a couple of more times after."

"No, you two should have something definite. If you're only her fuck buddy, then she has to tell you."

"I know, but please, will you keep this a secret first?"

"You have my word, but please. Talk to her." she says

"I will. Let's go back?" I said

She takes my hand and tugged me with her, as we made our way back in the club. There she was, Kissing other girls. I felt like my soul was being crushed with a hundred succeeding trains smacking right through my body. I shook wildly.

My tears can not be contained, I drank my last shot for the night and said goodbye to my friends. I walked towards the door as fast as I could before anyone sees me crying.

Before I can get out of the area, I felt Destiny's hand on my waist. I walked out the door, dragging her along with me. Once out she asks me "Where are you going Kate?"

She was still hugging me from behind. I held her arms in my waist and removed them. I turned around with tears in my eyes.

"None of your business, D. You can go back to your flirty girls now." I screamed at her.

"Are you done screaming?" She asked me rather calmly

I slapped her face twice, I hit her chest with my closed fists.

"Done?" she asked me again

I turned my back at her and started to walk towards my car. I heard footsteps follow me. I didn't look back.

"Kate." She holds my wrist firmly. I was struggling to remove her grip but she had always been stronger than I was.

"What Destiny? What do you want me to say?"

"I want to know why you're crying, did something happen back there?" I laughed sarcastically at her.

I can't believe how dense she is. I shook my head and began to speak

"You honestly don't have any fucking idea?" I said in disbelief, I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"I wouldn't have asked you if I knew something now would I?" she said firmly

"It's about us. What am I to you?" I waited a few moments, when I thought there was no answer from her, I went back to walking.

She grabbed me by the waist, pulled me closer to her body. She kissed my neck.

"You're my best friend, my favorite person and my fuck buddy." She whispered in my ear.

"Okay." was all I could answer.

She pulls me to my car, we were in the backseat. Kissing each other with fire burning between us two. Her hands travelled down my legs. She inserts her finger into my core. She pumps into me.

Her touches were deliberate, she touched my breasts and kneaded them. As I was pumping my own body into her fingers. A few minutes I released my orgasm, as I was straddled in her lap. She held me in her arms as she whispers in my ear. "Don't mind those women, what matters is you and I, I will always come home to you at the end of the night." she promised me, from that night on, I never let my emotions get the best of me. We ate at the italian resto again before we headed home.

"Yeah, I remember." I blushed at her

"You were so jealous." she said, causing me to blush even more at the memory.

"Because you were uncertain. The only assurance I had at the time was when you said you would come home to me at the end of the night." I smiled at her

It was her turn to blush at the comment.

"Thank you, babe for waiting for me to come home." she said

"You were great with words and your actions spoke volumes more of your love, I guess that is one of the reasons why I stayed. You made me feel secured." I smiled at her.

We both chuckled at the conversation. We drove home after dinner, feeling nostalgic and full of love. How lucky have we been to find each other? More importantly, how lucky have I been to find a person to love me faithfully? I would never know the answer. But today, like many other days we spent together, I feel loved and secured.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 404 17
Neither of them had total confidence in destiny. Not even when they started to see the invisible red strings that bound people to their soul mates. N...
1.2K 104 46
Juniper and Min Jun both want to find REAL love. Both have had their share of heartbreaks. Juniper thought Caleb was the love of her life, until he s...
872K 25.3K 106
When Vina Cabassi's facade of a relationship abruptly ends with her boyfriend Sebastian during a Thanksgiving weekend at his parent's estate, Vina fi...
2.2K 118 20
Destiny Rose seems to be quite a unlucky woman as she constantly looses her jobs in a month or less no matter how hard she tries. She doesn't have a...