Clarity || John Murphy

By Breathe_Me

***I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 13 PEOPLE, IT IS COMPLETELY UNEDITED AND SUCKS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED*** After Jo... More

Preview/Copyright Statement
OTHER INFO - You will understand the story better if you read this!
Chapter One - The Lake, The Mist, and The Girl
Chapter Two - You Found Me
Chapter Three - The Colonies
Chapter Four - Training
Chapter Five - Prevention
Chapter Six - Let It Burn
Chapter Seven - 'Stupidity'
Chapter Eight - What did he do?
Chapter Nine - 'Leader' Jackson
Chapter Ten - The Bet
Chapter Eleven - Chills
Chapter Twelve - Bloody Axe
Chapter Thirteen - Missing
Chapter Fourteen - Bullet Holes
Chapter Fifteen - New Beginnings
Chapter Sixteen - Hostage
Chapter Eighteen - Dreamers
Chapter Nineteen - Liar Liar
Chapter Twenty - Wrecking Ball
Chapter Twenty-One - "What do you want from me?"
Chapter Twenty-Two - Confrontations
Chapter Twenty-Three - Decisions
Chapter Twenty-Four - Perfection
Chapter Twenty-Five - Finding & Reflecting
Chapter Twenty-Six - Cold Welcoming
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Taking The Risk
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Promise Me
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Breakdown
Chapter Thirty - Maps
Chapter Thirty-One - MECCA
Chapter Thirty-Two - Dear Mr. President
Chapter Thirty-Three - Back To Earth
Author's Note
THANK YOOOOOOOU!
Chapter Thirty-Four - Count Your Blessings
Chapter Thirty-Five - The Peacemaker
Chapter Thirty-Six - Confessions Of An Astro
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Desperate Measures
Chapter Thirty-Eight - Epilogue
Author's Note: Everything Else
10,000
Anyone like The Originals?
Skyfall (LAST UPDATE I PROMISE)

Chapter Seventeen - Confliction

2.3K 75 1
By Breathe_Me

Omigawd... I WATCHED THE 100 TODAY BECAUSE I COULDN'T WATCH IT ON WEDNESDAY AND JESUS CHRIST MURPHEEEEEH <3 HE LOOKED EVEN HOTTER THAN HE DID IN 1x01 AND I THOUGHT THAT WASN'T EVEN POSSIBLE.

Okies. Now. TIME FOR DA STORY.

Goal: 15 reads and 1 vote.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Seventeen

She sat on the ground, on her knees and completely silent. A chain was wrapped around her wrists and was encircled in a ring that was attached to the wall. Blood was on her forehead, the after effect of a large gash, and dried mud was holding strands of her hair together. She had her leg bent at a strange angle, as if it had just been healed from a broken bone. The grounder, or whoever put her there, must have not wanted her to leave.

She looked up from the chains, fear encasing her face, and even more so when she saw him. "Murphy?" She whispered, her voice shaking slightly.

He nodded, before kneeling down and setting the gun on the ground. He walked over to the grounder slowly, staring down at him. He hadn't ever actually seen one in real life, but he had seen what they were capable of.

He looked down at his hand, and realized that there was a key in it. He snatched it from his hand, walking over to Octavia. He had noticed that the chain was warpped around the ring with a padlock over it, so this key might be able to unlock it.

Everyone else came into the room, their weapons lowered. They all stared silently at them, but then Jack spoke. "You know each other?"

Murphy glanced up at Octavia, before looking down and shoving the key into the padlock. "We used to."

"Used to?"

"She was my friend's sister." He said, then leaned over and whispered in Octavia's ear. "You have to come with us. Trust me."

"Why should I?" She mumbled, sighing in relief once he finally unlocked the padlock and removed the chains from the ring.

"You almost got me killed with Clarke and Bellamy. You owe me." He said through gritted teeth.

Octavia stared up at him, her eyes cold and dark, while her jaw was clenched. But, she still nodded anyway.

"We have to get her back to the colony," Jack said, gesturing to grounder with his gun and his finger on the trigger. "After we kill him." He stalked towards the grounder, and Octavia yelled out.

"Wait!" She yelled, grabbing the sleeves of his jacket and pulling herself up, Murphy doing the same. She tried to run in front of Jack, but screamed when her leg gave out. Murphy caught her before she hit the ground. She panted, but argued anyway. "Stop! He didn't hurt me."

Jack's eyebrows furrowed. "It looks like it to me." He said, gesturing once again with his gun, this time to her leg and making her jump slightly.

"No, no... I fell."

"You fell?" He said, disbelievingly and staring down at her leg. "Nasty fall."

"It was down a hill!" She yelled, her eyebrows furrowed again, this time in anger and frustration. "I hit a rock, that's how I got this on my head." She argued, pointing to the gash on her forehead.

Jack clenched his jaw. "Fine, we'll go."

James slowly moved towards him, and that was when Murphy saw him move. "James, don't!" He yelled, before the grounder shot up off the ground, his fingers clutching a knife. He swiped it at James, who hissed in pain when it sliced across his abdomen.

Jack lunged at the grounder, his gun in hand. He slammed it to the back of the grounder's head, who fell to his knees and eventually to the ground. Murphy let out a breath of relief when he saw that he was out cold.

Octavia had a blank expression on her face, but it slowly got taken over by fear once again. "C-Can we go now? Please?"

Jack gave a slow nod. "Yeah. We can go. Are you alright, James?"

James had removed his shirt, and was biting his lip so hard that Murphy was surprised he wasn't bleeding by then. "Y-Yeah. I think."

"No, you're not." Eve said, walking over to him and shaking her head. "You're bleeding too much. Way, way too much."

It was true, he was. The cut seemed extremely deep. The blood had already gone from the cut and dripped down his body to the belt of his pants, down to his thighs. The rest of his pants were continuing to get even more soaked in the blood. "I-I'm fine... I'm-" He cut himself off, his eyes going up into his head as his knees gave out under him. He fell to the ground at Jack's feet, who quickly caught him before he fell forwards.

"Dammit!" Jack yelled, staring down at the grounder with a mixture of anger, hatred, and extreme disgust. "Damn you, you son of a bitch!"

Eve ran over, taking James' head and laying it in her lap. She opened his eyes, which were completely white. "He's out. He's lost too much." She hissed in frustration.

Jack stood up, walking over to the grounder with his hand holding the gun even harder. Adam lunged forwards, grabbing his shoulder hard enough that he froze in his tracks. "I'll kill him. I swear, I'll kill him." Jack hissed. "These damn things have killed people I care about. They almost killed Eve when I wasn't fast enough to kill them first! I won't let them do that again, Adam! I WON'T!" He screamed, trying to push his way through.

"STOP!" Adam yelled at him, his voice sounding purely menacing. "JUST STOP!"

Jack stared at him in disbelief.

"You need to calm down. We'll be ready for them next time, they won't hurt anyone else. I promise you that." He narrowed his eyes at the grounder. He looked just as disgusted as Jack, but he seemed more in control.

Jack gritted his teeth, and looked down at Eve. "Will he live?" He visibly paled, swallowing with his face now stricken with fear.

"That depends on if the bleeding stops, and how long it takes us to get back to the colony."

Murphy glanced down at Octavia, who looked extremely confused. Of course, the fear that she had as she stared down at James and the grounder was the dominant emotion.

"Well then I suggest we get moving." Jack said, moving towards James. He took off his jacket, taking out a knife and slicing both the sleeves off it. After about a minute, he had cut them into strips and tied them tightly around James' waist, specificially around the cut, and making it much easier to stop the bleeding.

Jack froze for a moment, and Murphy could see it in his eyes. He thought of James as a little brother, he cared about him just as much as Eve. It must have been tearing him apart just to see him get slice open then knocked out.

Jack picked James up, seeming to not have a single problem with it. He put him over his shoulder, his eyebrows raising. "He literally weighs NOTHING."

They went down the passageway very quickly, Murphy glancing behind them every few seconds to make sure that the sneaky little grounder wasn't following them.

Murphy and Adam left the passageway first, jumping up into the hatch. Jack lifted James up through the hole, and Murphy and Adam carried him out with ease. Jack was right, he was extremely light.

Next was Octavia. They tried their best to keep her off her right leg, but she winced. Murphy froze. "Stop! Wait a second!" He said to Adam before turning to Octavia. "Are you alright?"

She nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." She said. She seemed confused that he was helping her, but he understood. They had definitely not gotten along. In fact, they hated each other. But, as long as she didn't talk to them about the 100 before he told Eve, then they wouldn't have a problem. He would tell Eve soon, and he didn't want Octavia to interfere.

In a way, he was at a crossroad. He didn't want Octavia around, she would tell the others about the 100, which he didn't want. Not yet. But he didn't want her around the grounders... No, that was the last thing he wanted. They tortured innocent peoople, he knew that. He had experienced it. He didn't wish that on anyone. Not even Bellamy or Clarke.

Lastly was Eve, she came right after Jack, and had insisted that she would be best. Adam stepped back, lifting Octavia up bridal style, trying to be extremely careful while holding her.

Murphy reached down into the hatch, and saw Eve stare at it for a moment, seeming unsure of herself. And him. She slowly raised her hand, touching his slightly before wrapping it around his palm. He began to pull her up, and she was soon standing in front of him.

Suddenly, Murphy felt her hand slipping from his, and heard earth crumbling beneath Eve. Her eyes widened, and she began to fall through the hole, the ledge cracking right under her. Luckily for her, her foot caught on a part of the wall of the hatch. Not only that, but Murphy caught her hand again, wrapping his other arm around her waist, pulling her as tightly to his body as he could. Her torso hit his, and he moved both arms around her waist before practically picking her up and twisting his body so that she was far way from the hole, and his back was to it.

Eve's eyes were still wide and she looked over his shoulder. She bit her lip, and slowly relaxes, her hands still resting on her biceps. She glance down at his arms, which were wrapped around her waist.

He hadn't even realized it, but Murphy had literally pressed her about as close to his body as she could get in an attempt to protect her. Once he was positive that the ground wouldn't collapse beneath them, he slowly unwrapped his arms from her body.

Octavia was staring at him with an absolutely shocked look on her face. She was looking at him like he was a stranger, and like he was insane.

He mentally sighed. He would have a lot of explaing to do.

*

Adam laid a sleeping Octavia down in the bed, and Eve pulled the sheets all the way over her body. She had fallen asleep on the way back to the colony. Murphy couldn't help it, he was very excited to tell her exactly what the colony was all about. But, at the same time, he was nervous. She would no doubt be upset when he told her that the rest of the colony didn't know about the 100. Or, by now, what was left of the 100.

Murphy stared down at Octavia silently, bending his left leg and crossing his leg over his right. He leaned against the doorframe, shoving his hands into his pockets. He reached up to his face, rubbing at his mouth slightly. He had small amounts of blood on his face, but he couldn't care less. It had been from helping James and carrying him into the hospital, so it didn't really matter.

He could admit it, he had the same feelings as Jack. It seemed like James and Lena were like siblings to him, and it was the strangest feeling, considering that he hadn't ever had one. He felt defensive in a way, more protective. It was the weirdest thing to him, it made him nervous. He was beginning to care about these people, and he wasn't entirely sure if that was a good or bad thing.

Adam had left already, sneaking past Murphy and quickly leaving. He was likely going to see James. Murphy looked up at Eve, who was staring down at Octavia with her arms crossed and her eyebrows furrowed.

"She's my friend's sister." He said, trying to get her mind off whatever was bothering her. He knew there was something. He just prayed that she wasn't going into shock. Not now.

"I just hope she's okay." Eve mumbled, sighing softly and walking away from the bed.

"You don't even know her..." Murphy said, his eyebrows furrowed. She cared about people she had barely spoken to, and that confused him.

"It doesn't matter. It's a life, Murphy." She said, looking at him matter-of-factly. "We don't live like you do, we aren't like the ark. We think a life is precious, a thing that everyone needs."

He nodded slowly, and she stood in front of him, her arms still crossed over her chest. "I need to go see if the others have gotten back yet." She moved around him, and he pushed off the doorframe, watching her as she walked down the hallway. He could see her standing at the front door, and saw her stop as she put her hand on the door. "And Murphy?"

He stood up straight, putting his hands in his pockets. "Yeah?"

She parted her lips, then paused. "Get some rest. You look like you need it." She seemed like she wanted to say something else, but stopped.

Murphy shook his head in dispair when she left, putting his face in his hands. What had he done?

_____________________________________________________________________

I feel like this is definitely a filler, but I think that the next few chapters are definitely gonna drive you guys nuts... ;P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 315 24
\\THIS IS MY FIRST BOOK. I started writing it forever ago and it's sort of short. So sorry about that.// "So when can I leave," I asked. He took a bi...
5.8K 230 51
After Murphy is banished he never comes back and they all assume he's dead. A year passes and the Grounders and Sky people are no longer at war, but...
115K 1.6K 56
This is so cringe idk why this has so many views... Aurora was one of the youngest to be thrown in skybox. The 100 delinquents get sent down to Earth...
185K 5.7K 23
in which Erica Parker escapes Mount Weather, and lands right in the middle of a war between peoples, finding romance along the way. "Love is not weak...