Not His Juliet

Par kimmylovesyou707

"I had promised away my happiness long ago but when our lips met in forbidden passion I found what happiness... Plus

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 17

621 37 1
Par kimmylovesyou707

Not His Juliet by K. Jessica Ramirez

Chapter 17:

I wake up to a familiar noise besides my ear but I know I must be dreaming because it sounds oddly like the warning sound my laptop rings when it's about to die. Wait, I was on it last night. I sit up abruptly quickly plugging in my laptop to the nearest outlet. I glance out my window and then back towards my laptop. I must have spent half the night up writing and passed out. It's around late afternoon here. 

I've recently gotten better at reading southern sun for time but it's always nice to have a trusty technical back up. It's actually relaxing and rather nice to not have a clock in sight at every turn. The days seem longer that way, in a good way. I can't say I recall a day back in New York that didn't buzz by. Come to think of it my days never seemed to hold such excitement or even reason, aside from the professional one, to make them memorable. Yet everyday in this small town feels like an adventure, especially with Austin and Nikki by my side. Those are my favorite adventures, therefore my favorite days.

Maybe it's time to expand a branch of my company down here. It does hold great possibility for the recent down grade in country romances that seem just out of style nowadays. It could open big doors for my company if I played it right. Plus it'd give me a reason to drop by to see Austin once and a while.

You'll be married White. Stop these ridiculous dreams before someone gets hurt. You won't open a branch down here because you'll never step foot in this state so long as you’re married to James Jackson.

I sigh at my internal voice and push aside my thoughts and focus on my matter at hand. I prepare to shut my laptop off when a page opens up. My eyes scan over and my memory starts to flow back into my mind as the origin of this work comes back into play. I was writing last night, really writing. Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the dream of a future with Austin, even if it were purely a friendly one. If by some miracle I've begun to write again, anything’s possible right? Somewhere in the back of my mind I register a sigh of defeat from my inner voice.

I let myself briefly look over my work whispering a specific part that stood out to me.

While little girls dreamed of becoming a princess I dreamed of finding my dream. I dreamed of finally grasping the concept of that old saying everyone always says, 'In a world where you could be anything, be yourself'. I believe everyone is born to do something, whether it's to inspire, to save, or to change. I believe I was born to fight some important fight. I have to have some importance to my life. It can't all regular, right?

I smile to myself. It feels almost as if this were someone else work. How odd it is to read my own work after so many years of not being able to conjure up anything passionately. I save the document under the name 'in the works' and store it away. I shut down my laptop and sneak it back into my bag still allowing it to charge.

I stretch my sore limbs and turn to change. I throw on a pair of skinny jeans and a grey V-neck. Today I need to speak to Nikki about Stark. Nikki's been in Texas for a couple of days now and neither of us has done anything productive towards the origin of the reason for her trip.

Today's going to be quite an interesting day. Nikki and I need to create and discuss our game plan for mission 'Long Lost Daddy'. We've both been expertly avoiding the topic ever since that first night of her arrival. I keep thinking that maybe if we constantly avoid it, if we avoid him it will go away. I can't help but feel a weird something in the pit of my stomach at the thought of meeting him. A part of me wants to grab Nikki and just forget him. That part of me wants to cherish the small sunlight in my life while the other part is willing to risk the odds to finally get some answers.

The first part is definitely what I'd go with if it weren't just me affected here but Nikki's got a big part in this too. We both need to decide if we risk it all or do we play it safe. I know we're both dying to get answers to the questions that haunt us in every night since his departure but is it worth it? Who knows what could happen? I shake the thoughts out of my head. First things first, find Nikki.

It shouldn't be too difficult seeing as everywhere she goes a small hurricane of chaos follows closely behind. I laugh lightly as I remember her coming in last night...

"You should have been there! I totally taught them a lesion, you would have been proud." Nikki shares over excitedly as she plops down on the bed while I continue to work on my writing.

"What did you say you did again?" I ask feeling bad for zoning out.

Nikki explains anyways not missing a beat.

"Okay so Waylon and I were chilling by the lake when Texas Barbie and her side kick decided to test my cannibalism by talking about what trash had recently occupied quote on quote their town." 

I stop writing for a second to laugh at my sisters’ exaggeration. Nikki joins in too but continues her story.

"Anyways they kept yakking away and I thought back to when we first arrived there and Waylon said none of the girls went into the lake anymore since a supposed dead body was found in it, so I decided that because God had granted me patience I wouldn't kill them I'd just throw them into the lake. It was magnificent! Their make up running down there face, there hair lying limp but best of all the screeches of horror as they trampled each other to get out."

Nikki and I laugh hard as I imagine Molly and Mary-Lou soaking wet and screeching in my sisters’ direction. Damn why didn't I go again? Oh right I thought it'd be torturous. I should have known anything with Nikki always turns out to be something interesting.

"How very holy of you Nikki." I tease well naturedly.

"Oh you know me always against committing sins. Speaking of the big man upstairs you still doing that thing?" Nikki replies.

"You mean not believing in a higher power, yes I am still doing said thing." I answer laughing at my sister.

Nikki may make mistakes but she's always held a real connection with her God. Although I think it's beautiful and spiritually freeing to be able to turn to someone in your time of need I've never been able to push myself to truly believe.

"Well Waylon was telling me you should start sharing your views on that to the town’s people." Nikki says staring up at the ceiling.

"Why?" I ask as I keep on writing.

"Waylon says people are already looking at you like you’re the devil might as well have them think you are and scare the shit out of them." Nikki explains.

"Totally I'm going to come up to someone and says 'Hey guy I'm an atheist and I've come to take your soul. Just trust me it's going to be horrible" I joke with her.

Nikki laughs at me but agreeing profoundly. I shake my head and continue my work.

I shake my head out of the memory as I come into the kitchen. I scan over the room my eyes landing on Molly. I fight back the giggles at the sudden imagine of her mad as hell and wet. Or better yet her expression if I were to come up to her and say what I told Nikki. 

"Molly have you seen my sister?" I ask as normally as I can.

"You mean that fat cow? No I don't think I've had the blessing of her presence today, thank the lord." Molly replies faking perfect innocents.

"Remember who you’re talking to Molly." I respond just as innocently sweet but with a glare that could kill.

Molly gulps nodding mutely taking a setback. I nod at her in understanding and move out of the kitchen to continue the search in the living room. Maybe Waylon and Nikki are watching sports. Hmm but Nikki was never one for sports. She played them but I'm the one who did both. I was the avid sports fan in our family.

The living room is empty and I start to feel a tiny bit of anxiety build up. Where can she be? She can't already know this town no matter how small. I wander through all of the bedrooms finding them all empty. I stride outside walking towards the barn. With each step worry builds higher and higher. I open up the bar to find Austin shirtless hunched over a hay stack. Not even the sight of the most gorgeous man known to mankind can prevent the soon to be full-fledged panic attack from this paranoia.

"Nikki?" I muster my voice strangled in great need of oxygen.

It'd been a long time since I've had to worry about anyone other than myself. It was weird and terrifying. It was possibly horrible for my health. I felt on the brink of fainting.

"Angela?" Austin asks turning around at the sound of my voice.

I open my mouth to respond but nothing comes out. I plead with my eyes for him to tell me where she is but he's so completely lost in what I want. He rushes over to me dropping whatever he was working on to be at my side once his eyes meet mine.

"Hey are you okay? Angela you look pale, almost green. What's wrong?" Austin pleads with a worry wretched expression.

Great as if one panic attack wasn't enough I may as well give Austin heart burn too while I'm at it. I shake my head and force myself to focus on my breathing. I continue to take deep breaths as Austin holds me worried sick.

"Sorry..." I whisper once I get my voice back.

I try to take a side step away from him and out of his embrace but he's having none of it. I continue to stay wrapped in his arms as he motions for me to continue with my explanation.

"I woke up and I wanted to find Nikki and talk to her about what our plan's gonna be for meeting Stark but I can't find her anywhere. She's not in the kitchen or the living room. She's in none of the bedrooms or even in the barn. I have no idea where she is and I'm freaking out. This is all so new to me. I don't care about anyone ever. I mean like I care but I never lay myself down on my death bed for pure worry" I rant talking faster with each word that spills out of my mouth.

Austin presses his lips to mine effectively silencing my idiotic rambles. I lightly kiss him back before pulling away.

"Thanks I needed that or well I needed to shut up but I think that’s my favorite form of keeping me quite." I joke with him causing him to laugh lightly beside me.

I feel his chest vibrate with his deep chuckle and force myself not to mount him right here because I really need to find Nikki before I do have a panic attack.

"Maybe she went to town?" Austin suggests as if picking up on my brain waves.

I nod at his suggestion. It's very possible. Plus with a town so small you can't go anywhere without someone knowing your there.

"Let's check the pub first. I know she's doing well but that's the most likely place she'd go if she went to town." I suggest after taking his thought into consideration.

Austin nods and throws on his shirt. I feel myself pout at the lack of visible abs. Austin laughs at my expression before pulling me into another quick peck. He manages to bite my own bottom lip before breaking the kiss. I make a mental note to return the favor once we find Nikki. Austin and I jump into his truck ridding off.

"You know where else she might be, the bakery. She's always loved sweets." I comment as we park in front of the pub which happens to be in front of said bakery.

"Okay, you take the pub I got the bakery." Austin confirms as we go off in separate directions.

I enter the pub flinging open the double doors. My eyes scan frantically over the entire pub ignoring the petty glares, drunken stares, and weird looks. My eyes finally land on the familiar shiny brown hair. Nikki's back is to me but I know it's her. My entire body sags with relief. I turn to exit the pub and inform Austin I've found her along with thank him for being amazing when I notice the drunk bear like man in front of her. 

I take a step closer intrigued. The closer I get the better I can understand the words shared between the two.

"Hey sexy you have a hot ass, how about we go round back and I can introduce myself to it properly." The bear like man suggests winking and then slaps Nikki's ass.

I stride over my firsts clenched to where they stand just as Nikki responds.

"Not in your wildest dreams!" She spits in his direction slapping him.

The man’s eyes look angry and I notice him lift his hand to reach out for Nikki when I intervene. No sicko is going to man handle my little sister without being introduced to death. I grab his bear arm and twist is behind himself. 

"Hey, what the hell!" The man slurs drunk off his ass.

I tighten my hold on his arm.

"One more move and I bust your arm out of its arm socket." I threaten venom seething through my lips.

The man laughs at my warning and I once again tighten my hold. His laughter is cut short by the pain I'm positive is running through his arm up to his shoulder.

"Do not tempt me. It's always been a dream of mine to make a man cry." I warn my words like steel.

"Well aren't you a feisty thing. There’s no need to be jealous, I can fuck both of you." The man offers as if that'd make me immediately set him free.

"Not a chance." I spit and go to snap his arm.

The man must take notice because suddenly his other arm grabs onto my small frame of a body and pulls apart my grip from his arm. He pushes me aside and I take stand in front of him as all my MMA training hits me. He's an easy out already too drunk. However he is strong and big. I'll have to be quick and effective. Every shot has got to count. As I prepare myself to attack I feel movement besides me. I turn and see Nikki beside me. She winks at me and in that wink I know she's got my back.

I run head first into the brawl. I throw multiple powerful punches towards his face in hopes to blind him for Nikki to do more vital damage. She understands immediately and sends repeated blows into his stomach weakening him onto his knees. I take advantage and motion for Nikki to finish off with a round house kick to his chest to knock him out. A second before her foot make contact with his chest he grabs hold of her foot causing Nikki to fall onto the ground.

I catch Nikki struggle against him to move her foot from his grasp but he won't let up. I turn back towards the drunken man and calculate my exact move to finish him off. I decided to do the hit Nikki was aiming for but focus a little higher for his head. My foot smashes into the side of his head knocking him out old. Nikki rips his fingers off her ankle as I check his pulse. Wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life in prison now would I? He checks out to be fine, just out for the count.

I turn towards the bartender and inform him, "He's alright, should be up in an hour. Hopefully next time he'll know better than to mess with sisters." 

I glance back at Nikki whose sporting a shit eating grin.

"No one fucks with the Rebelle sisters!" She shouts pumping her first into the air.

I laugh at her theatrics.

"Well I know you’re not technically a Rebelle anymore but to me you always will be. Angie didn't die to me, she just got lost." Nikki says suddenly very serious.

I smile a sad smile at her at the pang in my heart at hearing my old nick name. Just as I open my mouth to answer her, a loud whistle comes from the front door. Nikki and I snap our heads over to the noise to figure out what the commotion is all about. My eyes meet Austin’s and I watch as he takes in the situation. His eyes linger on the knocked out man, the solemn look on Nikki's face and then his eyes snap back to me and I can't figure out what to read of them. Is he angry, proud, scared? Oh please don't be scared, too many people have been scared of me before, don't add to the list Austin. Anything but that.

Tip your author with a VOTE

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

Morgan Par S

Roman d'amour

18.6K 1.6K 40
Morgan *completed* A filler between (book 4-5) of the Alberta series. Morgan Keaton...unlucky in love, that is an absolute understatement. I'm curse...
298K 11.8K 54
No where to go, on the road Faylyn is on her way to finding her place in life. After a misunderstanding, prison and an argument with her parents, the...
7.4K 582 40
When a hunky cowboy saves city-bred Adelaide McCarthy from drowning in the icy cold Bear Head Creek, she feels strangely attracted to him. Recipe for...
149K 6.3K 45
Diana Prichard learned early on about how much of a bitch life could be. Forced to abandon the one she loves and marry a monster to save her father...