Destiny [Pokémon]

By LadyLyacaria

[Reverse Harem x Fem!Reader] A centuries-old and long-forgotten prophecy about The Original One; a villainous... More

❥ prologue
❥ chapter I
❥ chapter II
❥ intermission
❥ chapter III
❥ chapter IV
❥ chapter V
❥ intermission
❥ chapter VI
❥ chapter VII
❥ intermission
❥ chapter VIII
❥ chapter IX
❥ chapter X
❥ chapter XI
❥ chapter XII
❥ chapter XIII
❥ chapter XIV
❥ intermission
❥ chapter XV
❥ chapter XVI
❥ chapter XVII
❥ chapter XVIII
❥ chapter XIX
❥ intermission
❥ chapter XX
❥ chapter XXI
❥ chapter XXII
❥ intermission
❥ chapter XXIII
❥ chapter XXV
❥ chapter XXVI
❥ chapter XXVII
❥ chapter XXVIII
❥ intermission
❥ chapter XXIX
❥ chapter XXX
❥ chapter XXXI
❥ chapter XXXII
❥ intermission
❥ chapter XXXIII
❥ chapter XXXIV
❥ intermission
❥ chapter XXXV
❥ chapter XXXVI
❥ chapter XXXVII

❥ chapter XXIV

915 39 0
By LadyLyacaria

You weighed the object in your hands, trying to figure out what it could be. It was a bit heavy, and there seemed to be multiple objects inside—you heard them clunking when you moved the "toolbox," tilting and shaking it. Carefully, you removed the wrap from the gift. You found a rectangular yellow box with a single drawer that held tweezers, some cotton swabs, a comb, a small towel, a brush, and a travel-sized dryer.

"This is the latest trend from Alola," Lina spoke up. "It's a Pokémon Refresh Kit that allows you to care for your Pokémon after a battle. When they're wet, you can blow-dry them, when they're all dusty, you can brush them off, or when they're dirty, you can clean them with the towel—well, you get the idea."

"This present isn't just from us, though! Everyone in our class pitched in to buy it!" Alex chirped. "Even some of our teachers!"

"They wanted us to give their best wishes to you." May's tender smile turned into a smirk. "And they want you to call us as often as possible so we can pass on the news to them and keep them up-to-date as well."

"Do you like it?" Kristie asked gingerly, as though she was afraid that you would answer no.

You broke into a huge grin—a sight which made the blonde girl smile with a sigh of relief. "Of course I do!" you exclaimed. "This is just perfect! Thank you so much, guys!" You embraced your friends one after the other.

"I'm glad you like it." Lina smiled.

"C'mon, on to the next gift!" Alex urged you. She had grabbed onto your arm again and was now tugging on it, trying to get you to choose the next present to unwrap. She was on the edge of her seat (both literally and figuratively), although she wasn't even the one that got to tear the wrapping paper off the presents.

"Alex ..." May said in a low warning tone, her azure eyes narrowed at the girl in a vexed glare Alex was blissfully unaware of because she was too focused on your presents.

Next was the cube with the protrusion. It was in reality two separate items which were, in turn, part of a kit—the Pokéblock Kit, to be precise. The cube was a portable Berry Blender, while the thing that had looked like an oversize thermometer to you turned out to be a Pokéblock Case.

The pouch held—just like you had suspected—money your parents had been saving up in secret for several years, and it was a hefty sum of it at that! You were going to get by on just fine with the pocket money you now had. Of course, you hugged both your parents really tight, saying "Thank you" over and over again.

And last, but not least: The sphere. The feeling of holding it in your hand ... It was somehow familiar. It felt almost like you were holding a Poké Ball—and exactly that it turned out to be after you had gotten rid of the bow and the gift wrap. (You peeled the former off the ball, very careful not to damage it in any way, because it was just too pretty to throw away.)

Without more ado, you stood up from the couch. Moving past your friends into a more open space, you sent the Pokémon out. The Poké Ball clicked open, and a beam of dazzling light shot forth, assuming the shape of a bipedal Pokémon that went up to your chest. Before long, an Audino had materialized in front of you. You recognized it as one of the Pokémon that were working alongside the nurses in your parents' clinic; it was a she and had already helped you out a lot. Nevertheless, this sight drew exclamations of surprise and joy from your parents and your friends—and you yourself.

"Wow, an Audino!" you heard Kristie breathe in admiration behind you, almost drowned out by Alex's delighted squeal.

"What a wonderful gift," your mom said, a smile audible in her voice.

A sunny smile appeared on the Normal-type Pokémon's face when her cobalt eyes found yours. "Oh, hello, Miss [Name]! It's wonderful to see you again. I heard the others talking about how you decided to go on a journey. Is that true?"

You bent down just a bit to her eye level, placing your hands on top of your thighs, and smiled back at her. "It is," you answered. "That's why you're here, actually. The staff gave you to me as a gift. Do you mind?"

She shook her head, her smile broadening. "No, not at all! I'm so glad I get to be a part of your team and join you on your journey, Miss."

"Please, just call me [Name]."

"Alright, [Name] it is, then! And what should my nickname be? If you want to give me one, that is."

"How about ... Amra?" you suggested after pondering for a couple of moments.

"That's a wonderful name. I love it!"

You chuckled. "Well then, Amra, I'd like to introduce you to my other Pokémon." You looked towards where your mom was sitting on the couch (with an amused twinkle in her eyes) and where you had last seen your three Pokémon ... only to find that they had disappeared.

Before you could begin to wonder where they could have gone, you heard Raleia's voice right next to you. "Hey! I'm Raleia!" the shiny Ralts warbled. "And this is my brother Rineis, and this is Phiala! Nice to meet you, Amra!"

Turning back around, you found the trio already standing in front of the newest addition to your Pokémon party. Raleia was beaming up at the Hearing Pokémon with a dazzling smile as if on behalf of Rineis and Phiala who were both just smiling shyly.

"Hello there! Nice to meet you too. I'm looking forward to travelling with you all! I'm sure we will have lots of fun together," Amra said.

Just then, someone rang at the door, and both your parents near-instantly jumped to their feet and hurried out of the living room to go answer the door. You heard your dad mutter, "It was about time," under his breath as he walked past you. Upon noticing your curious look, a roguish smirk crossed his face, and he winked at you before he left the room, pulling the door shut behind him.

"I bet it's that surprise guest your mom mentioned earlier," Alex said.

"I wonder who that could be ..." Kristie mused aloud, gazing at the closed door to the hallway.

You gave a hum of assent as you, too, stared at said door. You could hear muffled voices coming from the direction of the front door, but unfortunately, the animated chitchat of your (now four) Pokémon made it impossible for you to make out what these voices were talking about—they were far too quiet anyways.

Indeed, who could this mysterious surprise guest be? They most likely had something to do with your impending Pokémon journey, but you just couldn't think of anyone who would fit this description. Besides, when had your parents contacted them and asked them to come here?

"I think I know," Lina piped up while her lips twisted into a knowing grin, whereupon everyone immediately turned to look at her in wonder.

"Me too," May added, and the two of them grinned at each other.

Alex gawked at them in wide-eyed surprise. "Really?! Then what are you waiting for?" Grabbing May—who was sitting next to her—by the arm, she fixed her eyes on her in a piercing look. "C'mon, spit it out!" she demanded. "Who is the surprise guest?"

May huffed. "No," she brusquely declined without a moment's hesitation as she shook herself free of Alex's grip and then crossed her arms over her chest. "I won't ruin the surprise for [Nickname]."

Lifting her shoulders in an apologetic shrug, Lina shook her head when Alex directed her imploring gaze at her. "Me neither."

With her lips pursed into a sulky pout, Alex folded her arms across her chest and looked about ready to stomp her foot in childlike anger if she weren't sitting right now. "You're so mean!" Then she seemed to have a sudden idea, her coffee-coloured eyes lighting up, and she clasped her hands together, fluttering her eyelashes at May. "Can't you at least whisper it into my ear so [Nickname] won't hear? Please?"

"Only for you to spill the beans in your excitement directly afterwards?" May let out a derisive snort. "Yeah, right. You can kiss goodbye to that." She shrugged indifferently. "Sorry not sorry."

"I promise I won't! Cross my heart and hope to die!" Alex assured. Her voice had adopted a pleading, almost desperate tone.

May gave her a doubtful look, one eyebrow raised. It was plain obvious that she wasn't buying what Alex said, like, at all. "I've known you for pretty much my whole life now, and I know for a fact that you won't be able to keep that promise. So, no. Not happening."

"Oh, c'mon! Don't be such a killjoy! May, please! I'm begging you!"

"No."

"Pretty please!"

"Do I look like I'm gonna change my mind any time soon?"

"Maybe?"

Lina and you exchanged amused looks while Kristie watched the two girls' verbal exchange with her brow creased with worry. Before it could turn into one of their infamous noisy quarrels about something trivial again, the door was opened, and your parents came in. They were followed by a tall man in a lab coat carrying a large, bulky leather bag.

━━━━━━━━━━♥━━♡━━♥━━━━━━━━━━

A/N:

Here's how you pronounce the Audino's name!

Amra: AHM-RAH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 3K 26
⚠️Rewritten⚠️ Search 'Resurgence| A Pokémon Fanfiction' ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 'Never Give Up Until The End' Is what got him to where he is toda...
71.4K 1.6K 200
Welp, I'm Back, I got new Adventures, New Friends, And even some new Villians! But we also got some new girls as well, and I hope you can stick aroun...
168K 6K 140
we all may know haikyuu so what if their little MC was a girl?! A manager upfront that! ps:In this story there are no favorite ships if i missed a s...
90.7K 2.3K 22
{Discontinued, maybe?} [Currently editing] Welcome, welcome to this book once again! It has been quite a while hm? Let us get started to the story de...